• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Alright so I got my favorite juice in and got to try out my Pro Tank 2. It performs but not noticeably better than my Raven or the Phoenix Cleraros. At this point though I think it's my battery that's limiting me. I have a 2.5ohm atty on it atm so that might be part of it. I don't regret the purchase though as I'm sure this tank will perform most consistently than the cartos in my Raven tank and the Phoenix Clearos.

daw840

Alright so I got my favorite juice in and got to try out my Pro Tank 2. It performs but not noticeably better than my Raven or the Phoenix Cleraros. At this point though I think it's my battery that's limiting me. I have a 2.5ohm atty on it atm so that might be part of it. I don't regret the purchase though as I'm sure this tank will perform most consistently than the cartos in my Raven tank and the Phoenix Clearos.
What battery are you using?

Huh. Well you could try a mod. Those are fun. They look a little weird out in public though. Lol

Well a mod is what I'd eventually like to upgrade to. I'd just use my Ego clone VV's with Pheonix Clearos or Ravens while out and about. Now it's time to wait for a deal on VV/VW mods I guess lol

Pete Rock

The liquid, originally clear, looks yellow now too.
I generally use 100% VG and even after "steeping" ie shaking daily, leaving cap off 10 minutes, repeating for a week - every juice I put in my tank ends up a few shades darker before it's vaped off. I think it's just the nature of constant exposure to oxygen and maybe the slight residual temperature increase from the atomizer coil element over time. Nothing to be concerned with.

Acid08

Banned
What juice might that be?
Their eFlux juice. Hawaiian Temple is the specific flavor.

I generally use 100% VG and even after "steeping" ie shaking daily, leaving cap off 10 minutes, repeating for a week - every juice I put in my tank ends up a few shades darker before it's vaped off. I think it's just the nature of constant exposure to oxygen and maybe the slight residual temperature increase from the atomizer coil element over time. Nothing to be concerned with.

Yeah I read some more about it and nicotine naturally darkens when it's exposed to light. More worried about the fogging up of the clearomizer.

Wallach

A fair number of vapes can't go into polypropylene plastic tanks without damaging it, which is what most clearomizers are made of. Typically any citrus flavors, tart/sour flavors, cinnamon flavors will compromise the structure of the plastic at varying rates; some juices can crack a polypropylene tank in just a few minutes.

Pimpwerx

Yeah, all mine change shades over time too.

As for steeping, what's the rule? Can/should all juices be steeped? I don't steep any of mine, and I'm wondering if that's limiting the amount of flavor I get. PEACE.

Acid08

Banned
A fair number of vapes can't go into polypropylene plastic tanks without damaging it, which is what most clearomizers are made of. Typically any citrus flavors, tart/sour flavors, cinnamon flavors will compromise the structure of the plastic at varying rates; some juices can crack a polypropylene tank in just a few minutes.
Well fuck :(

Are there any decent clearomizers on AVE? I want to get some Gorilla Juice but need more clearomizers so I'd like to offer both at once. I have a standard eGo battery.

Our really they don't have to be clearomizers. I just need something that works well. Both of my Stardust clearomizers sucked and the Kanger I have is fogged up now.

Actually, ECblend seems like a better option. So many flavors and their products actually have pictures.

Wallach

Yeah, all mine change shades over time too.

As for steeping, what's the rule? Can/should all juices be steeped? I don't steep any of mine, and I'm wondering if that's limiting the amount of flavor I get. PEACE.

Chemical changes settle for the most part in around 2 weeks of sitting around at room temperature. Just keep them out of direct light while they are sitting. Cap being on or off doesn't make a difference.

You can achieve the same chemical result by steeping the bottle in water at around 140 degrees F in about 8 hours. I use a miniature crock pot for this. Patience is not one of my strongest virtues. You may want to pull the label off your bottle when you do this though.

Well fuck :(

Are there any decent clearomizers on AVE? I want to get some Gorilla Juice but need more clearomizers so I'd like to offer both at once. I have a standard eGo battery.

Our really they don't have to be clearomizers. I just need something that works well. Both of my Stardust clearomizers sucked and the Kanger I have is fogged up now.

Actually, ECblend seems like a better option. So many flavors and their products actually have pictures.

If you're wanting a tank that is guaranteed to work safely with any juice you'll need something that's made of Pyrex or glass. Kanger's ProTank and Mini ProTank lines are both cheaper Pyrex tank systems that use the same style of replaceable heads. Otherwise you could just use regular cartomizers, or learn how to build your own coils and buy a cheap RDA like an IGO-L or a Trident clone. That's on my own to-do list as I've been meaning to try a cotton build and I would like to try and get better throat hit out of some juices that I really like the flavor of.

Pimpwerx

Chemical changes settle for the most part in around 2 weeks of sitting around at room temperature. Just keep them out of direct light while they are sitting. Cap being on or off doesn't make a difference.

You can achieve the same chemical result by steeping the bottle in water at around 160 degrees in about 8 hours. I use a miniature crock pot for this. Patience is not one of my strongest virtues. You may want to pull the label off your bottle when you do this though.
Thanks. I'll try this from now on. PEACE.

Acid08

Banned

You can achieve the same chemical result by steeping the bottle in water at around 140 degrees F in about 8 hours. I use a miniature crock pot for this. Patience is not one of my strongest virtues. You may want to pull the label off your bottle when you do this though.

If you're wanting a tank that is guaranteed to work safely with any juice you'll need something that's made of Pyrex or glass. Kanger's ProTank and Mini ProTank lines are both cheaper Pyrex tank systems that use the same style of replaceable heads. Otherwise you could just use regular cartomizers, or learn how to build your own coils and buy a cheap RDA like an IGO-L or a Trident clone. That's on my own to-do list as I've been meaning to try a cotton build and I would like to try and get better throat hit out of some juices that I really like the flavor of.
Thanks for the suggestions! I can use anything as long as it has the 510 threading right?

Wallach

Thanks for the suggestions! I can use anything as long as it has the 510 threading right?

Yeah. Your device probably has eGo threading too if you're using a Kanger clearomizer since I think any of Kanger's plastic clearomizers use eGo threading (T3/MT3/EVOD).

Can someone recommend me a mechanical mod (not a clone) less than $75?

I got my Empire clone from Fast Tech and I really like it but the button sucks and not consistent. I'd like to get into a legit one. Thanks.

Broseybrose

Can someone recommend me a mechanical mod (not a clone) less than $75?

I got my Empire clone from Fast Tech and I really like it but the button sucks and not consistent. I'd like to get into a legit one. Thanks.

Did you sand all the contact points? 180 grit worked perfect for my KTS+

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
This attitude that a lot of people seem to be getting lately about how e-cig users are douchebags or whatever is really starting to irritate me. Don't know why people would want to discourage smokers from switching to these things. Shit is amazing.

Pete Rock

Just rebuilt my genesis style atomizer with 1mm silica infused ekowool doubled over in a u wick with a 7 wrap 28g kanthal microcoil at 1.5 ohms. I previously tried 3mm but the wick hole is like 0.125 on the nose so it kind of frayed and I wrapped the coil too tight so it wasn't really wicking as well as it could have been, even when tipped up to drain while vaping. Fogdog engage. Ordering 1.1% nicotine juice tomorrow, 2.4% makes my head hot. I was like goddamn!

I just love the nature of rebuildables combined with the market evolving to different and improved wicking solutions over time, it's like a brand new gizmo every rebuild.

Did you sand all the contact points? 180 grit worked perfect for my KTS+
I would also suggest affixing the washer in some fashion, I've heard that helps on the K100 switch firing reliability. I can't really verify because mine are still stuck in HK... count your blessings!

Chopper

I've got to say, to all you guys who are regulars in this thread, using mechanical mods, dishing out advice etc: Get a Provari. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but my [vaping] world has been turned upside down by this device. I feel absolutely spoilt by its efficiency/form factor, and I will never look to anything else ever again, I don't think. There are some beautiful customized mods kicking about, and I'm sure one day I will splash out on something just for fun. But if you ask me, this thing is just perfect.

Also, if you're in the UK, be sure to check out Chefs Vapour. I'm really enjoying their Jungle Juice and Fluffy Nuts. They also do an impressive Twisted (Twister ice lolly flavour). I'm currently using these, as well as Vapist's Bananacake, all day. I think my hunt for permanent juice has ended.

And 8 months off the fags. I'm winning.

Pete Rock

I've got to say, to all you guys who are regulars in this thread, using mechanical mods, dishing out advice etc: Get a Provari. I don't mean to sound like a dick, but my [vaping] world has been turned upside down by this device. I feel absolutely spoilt by its efficiency/form factor, and I will never look to anything else ever again, I don't think. There are some beautiful customized mods kicking about, and I'm sure one day I will splash out on something just for fun. But if you ask me, this thing is just perfect.
Glad you like it! I bought one to migrate away from my old mechanical dripper setup and while it is a fantastic piece of kit, it is kind of old-hat as far as the pace of the industry is concerned. DNA20 mods in REO style cases with squeeze wicking, drip functionality with no dripping, etc are all the rage.

I know Victory Red has posted his mini and expressed similar feelings.

If you want a VV device that is built like a tank it is certainly quality. Did you get their Z-Atty Pro to go with it? I scooped them at the same time and I really enjoy it as my first RBA, although I did migrate away from the fragile ceramic wicks and 32g wire it ships with. It is highly functional and it looks fantastic but the glass tanks are breakable and I've already had to replace one.

The important thing is you found juice and hardware combination that you like, and you've been analog free for 8 months - congratulations! At this point I think it's impossible to "relapse"!

Chopper

Glad you like it! I bought one to migrate away from my old mechanical dripper setup and while it is a fantastic piece of kit, it is kind of old-hat as far as the pace of the industry is concerned. DNA20 mods in REO style cases with squeeze wicking, drip functionality with no dripping, etc are all the rage.

I know Victory Red has posted his mini and expressed similar feelings.

If you want a VV device that is built like a tank it is certainly quality. Did you get their Z-Atty Pro to go with it? I scooped them at the same time and I really enjoy it as my first RBA, although I did migrate away from the fragile ceramic wicks and 32g wire it ships with. It is highly functional and it looks fantastic but the glass tanks are breakable and I've already had to replace one.

The important thing is you found juice and hardware combination that you like, and you've been analog free for 8 months - congratulations! At this point I think it's impossible to "relapse"!

I'm yet to try anything Genesis-style. I'm a dripper, using a Clockworks RDA. I'll use a Kir Fanis tank when I'm out and about, or can't be bothered to carry a bottle. Using a Provari in mini mode lasts me most of the day, so the form factor really can't be beaten size-wise.

Honestly, I don't think I'm discerning enough to truly appreciate the benefits that variable voltage offers. I used it on my Vamo, but I enjoy tweaking the flavour and power of my vapour on the fly.

Perhaps one day I will get in on some box-loving action and donate my Provari to my poor girlfriend, who's egos just died and is currently using my Vamo with 18650s and an iClear30. Looks hilarious, but at least she can beat a potential rapist to death with it.

Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting into e-cigs... total noob, was about to buy one from a convenient store on the weekend for 10 bucks, I figured I hold it off and do a little research first. So are the "Starter Kits" and the price in the OP updated? Since the thread goes as far back as 2010, I figured that stuff may not be the best product on the market today.

Can someone recommend me a starter kit? I am not much of a heavy analog cigarette smoker, so...

Wallach

My MVP v2 should be here next week, along with a couple iClear 30s, some heads, and a couple bottles of Boba's Bounty as I've been meaning to grab some for a while.

Saw PBusardo's last review on those Aspire clearo tanks, and they look promising. I might grab one to check it out against the iClear 30.

Cru

My MVP v2 should be here next week, along with a couple iClear 30s, some heads, and a couple bottles of Boba's Bounty as I've been meaning to grab some for a while.

Saw PBusardo's last review on those Aspire clearo tanks, and they look promising. I might grab one to check it out against the iClear 30.

I immediately ordered the Aspire tank after watching his review. Also ordered a Bulldog rebuildable even though I have no idea what I'm doing. Figured I'd give dripping a shot.

screen-shot-2012-07-07-at-3-55-14-pm.png

I picked up the Vanilla version of this today, just for the sake of giving the E-cigs a try finally.

Cost me 10 bucks, they are disposable, but booy, am I pretty impressed by these suckers (no pun intended)

the scary thing is, the convenience, there's no need to light them, no heavy smoke, no nasty scent / smell. So I can smoke them indoors in my apartment... Flavour is delicious, worst thing about all this is, unlike a real, analog cigarette, it doesn't burn away and disintegrate in a few minutes. So you can smoke the damn thing for hours, literally...(This one is up to 500 puffs though, then you throw it out) but I really like them so far.

Now I need to order the stuff in the OP, to get really into this.

screen-shot-2012-07-07-at-3-55-14-pm.png

I picked up the Vanilla version of this today, just for the sake of giving the E-cigs a try finally.

Cost me 10 bucks, they are disposable, but booy, am I pretty impressed by these suckers (no pun intended)

the scary thing is, the convenience, there's no need to light them, no heavy smoke, no nasty scent / smell. So I can smoke them indoors in my apartment... Flavour is delicious, worst thing about all this is, unlike a real, analog cigarette, it doesn't burn away and disintegrate in a few minutes. So you can smoke the damn thing for hours, literally...(This one is up to 500 puffs though, then you throw it out) but I really like them so far.

Now I need to order the stuff in the OP, to get really into this.

Glad you had a good experience, you will get much better results (and save a bunch of money) when you upgrade into something like in the OP.

Get yourself an eGo Batery (650mah or 900mah) and a charger.

Then grab a cartomizer (like the EVOD)

Some juice and then you are good to go. Enjoy.

are the EVODs the best budget clearomizers then? i've been vaping for just under a month now, clean off the cigs so very happy, however the hit is dry and could be better.

is it mainly down to the clearomizer or the juice? right now i'm just using rebuildable ce4's i think.

TheExodu5

Banned
It's both, really. I've been using iClear 30 for a while with zero issues, but I've encountered a juice that gums up the clearo much faster than others so it will start having wicking/burning issues after a few refills.

Izayoi

Banned
What's the best setup to use for dry herb/wax/oil?

I'm not sure if a mechanical mod or is something like an eGo with a dry herb cartomizer would be best. Any recommendations?

TheExodu5

Banned

I'm not sure if a mechanical mod or is something like an eGo with a dry herb cartomizer would be best. Any recommendations?

I don't think any setup really works well with herb or oil. I've read some posts of people trying to vape hash oil and it sounds messy and inconsistent.

aFIGurANT

Well that was fun while it lasted, I smoked the shit out of it, and barely lasted 20 hours.. at 10 bucks a pop, this will be pricey, gonna order the stuff in the OP.

I'd recommend getting a different cartomizer than the one in the OP - those phoenix have a nice smoke and are well-sealed and whatnot, but they're small as hell. If you vape a lot you're going to need to be refilling once or twice a day and it's a hassle with the syringe method they use. My two cents for ya, enjoy whatever you get your hands on though!

Pimpwerx

Update on my FastTech order from nearly a month ago...still sitting in customs. Wrote the site, and they won't refund until the shipment is returned. I'm tempted to just order an EVOD from someplace else and have a spare whenever my order moves.

Check here:

http://www.hightimes.com/read/high-times-vaporizer-pen-buyers-guide

The Atmos Raw works well for sure. My boy has that and I think the G-Pen. I used both, and both worked well. Not sure what was burning, but it wasn't dry herb. I think once it was wax and once oil. Both hit well, though my memory is clearly a bit foggy on it. The G-Pen carto fits the eGo batteries, from what I saw in one of the VapeLife videos.

This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDxTEiDYMbw

If you can tolerate his voice and act, he goes through and tests the different cartos with each other, and there's compatibility with the eGos. I was gonna buy the G-Pen carto, but recently stopped blazing. However, you can give it a look and see what you think. If I ever start back on buds again, I'll probably be strictly oil vaping. PEACE.

Wallach

My Boba's got here today, but not my iClears so I tossed it into an EVOD with a head that has no flavor wicks. This is my first time with the stuff, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The vapor smells wonderful, there's more of it than I've ever seen come out of an EVOD, there's actually a good throat hit (more than many PG-heavy juices I've tried) and the flavor is... good but really hard to pin down. It's kind of like if you took the way a fresh pack of Camels smells right after you tear the seal, and put that over a lighter background of S'mores. Even the aftertaste is pleasant.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
My Boba's got here today, but not my iClears so I tossed it into an EVOD with a head that has no flavor wicks. This is my first time with the stuff, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. The vapor smells wonderful, there's more of it than I've ever seen come out of an EVOD, there's actually a good throat hit (more than many PG-heavy juices I've tried) and the flavor is... good but really hard to pin down. It's kind of like if you took the way a fresh pack of Camels smells right after you tear the seal, and put that over a lighter background of S'mores. Even the aftertaste is pleasant.

only problem is it gunks up your gear like no other

Pimpwerx

My order left San Fran Sunday. I trust it'll be in my hands before the weekend. I can't wait to get my EVOD and eGo-C 650mAh. This eGo-T is fine, but I want to have more control of voltage, and damn I can't wait to get a bottom coil. Having all these CE4 around is nice, but I'm tired of dry hits.

I texted my sister a bit about trying e-cigs. Suggested the Njoys, since I liked them more than the Blus. Hoping she tries them, because she smokes a pack an half a day or so, on top of weed. She's down in week or two, and I plan on giving her my eGo-T and a couple CE4s, if she likes it. Then I'm probably ordering another EVOD and eGo-C (bigger battery for home) or I might go the mod route.

I thought you guys were silly for buying those things, but I'm starting to understand the purpose. I vape a lot now that I quit bud, like I said, and I'm already running low on juice. Only about 10mL left between 3 flavors, so 10 days or less worth of the stuff. Luckily, I have more juice coming with the EVOD. I assume the mods all come with much larger batteries, and the larger grips seem like they'll make it more comfortable to hold when sitting around watching tv. I can use the eGo-C just for when I'm out during work.

I recharge nightly now, because I've learned the horrors of running out of power on the road. Oh man, nothing sucks more than getting 5 pulls into my commute and running out of power, then having nothing all day. I-came really close to buying a pack of cigs last week because of it. As a result, nightly charges are the norm. The 1100mAh probably lasts 1.5-2.5 days now, depending on how much I'm vaping. The 650 should last the work day, so a mod will carry the rest of the load.

As such, I'm seeking suggestions on good, comfortable mods, that are relatively inexpensive. I don't mind knockoffs, as long as they work. Also, I'd like ones that are compatible with 510 and EVOD threading without the nuisance of the battery pin thing I've read about.

After I give the EVOD a thorough kicking, I might end up asking for suggestions on other bottom coil clearos. I'm really getting into this. My lungs feel great. It's a weird thing to say, but I can feel it when I run each day. I'm running longer and stronger with less time for recovery afterwards. My smoker's cough is diminishing. I don't smell of smoke anymore. My life is better now.

Oh yeah. Are there better than the cheapo I got from FT or is it like phone chargers where it really doesn't matter what you get? I got a cheap usb charger that I use with one of my phone wall adapters. It gets the job done on the eGo-T, but if I'll need a beefier one for a mod, let me know. PEACE.

Wallach

My order left San Fran Sunday. I trust it'll be in my hands before the weekend. I can't wait to get my EVOD and eGo-C 650mAh. This eGo-T is fine, but I want to have more control of voltage, and damn I can't wait to get a bottom coil. Having all these CE4 around is nice, but I'm tired of dry hits.

I texted my sister a bit about trying e-cigs. Suggested the Njoys, since I liked them more than the Blus. Hoping she tries them, because she smokes a pack an half a day or so, on top of weed. She's down in week or two, and I plan on giving her my eGo-T and a couple CE4s, if she likes it. Then I'm probably ordering another EVOD and eGo-C (bigger battery for home) or I might go the mod route.

I thought you guys were silly for buying those things, but I'm starting to understand the purpose. I vape a lot now that I quit bud, like I said, and I'm already running low on juice. Only about 10mL left between 3 flavors, so 10 days or less worth of the stuff. Luckily, I have more juice coming with the EVOD. I assume the mods all come with much larger batteries, and the larger grips seem like they'll make it more comfortable to hold when sitting around watching tv. I can use the eGo-C just for when I'm out during work.

I recharge nightly now, because I've learned the horrors of running out of power on the road. Oh man, nothing sucks more than getting 5 pulls into my commute and running out of power, then having nothing all day. I-came really close to buying a pack of cigs last week because of it. As a result, nightly charges are the norm. The 1100mAh probably lasts 1.5-2.5 days now, depending on how much I'm vaping. The 650 should last the work day, so a mod will carry the rest of the load.

As such, I'm seeking suggestions on good, comfortable mods, that are relatively inexpensive. I don't mind knockoffs, as long as they work. Also, I'd like ones that are compatible with 510 and EVOD threading without the nuisance of the battery pin thing I've read about.

After I give the EVOD a thorough kicking, I might end up asking for suggestions on other bottom coil clearos. I'm really getting into this. My lungs feel great. It's a weird thing to say, but I can feel it when I run each day. I'm running longer and stronger with less time for recovery afterwards. My smoker's cough is diminishing. I don't smell of smoke anymore. My life is better now.

Oh yeah. Are there better than the cheapo I got from FT or is it like phone chargers where it really doesn't matter what you get? I got a cheap usb charger that I use with one of my phone wall adapters. It gets the job done on the eGo-T, but if I'll need a beefier one for a mod, let me know. PEACE.

I'd highly recommend looking into the MVP. It isn't a tube mod (it's basically the same shape as an iPhone, but slightly shorter and thicker) but it's one of the cheapest regulated mods out there with high compatibility, huge battery life and good standard features (variable voltage and wattage, resistance checker, built-in protection). Unlike most of the cheaper-end regulated devices that use really lame 33.3Hz PWM chips, the MVP outputs a flat, consistent signal (similar to devices like the Provari). To boot you don't have to buy any external batteries or charger since the battery is built into the device like a smartphone, and the battery life will stomp all over any 18650-powered device. You should be able to get one of the new v2 models - and make sure to get that one since it has the resistance checker and VW - for around $60 shipped. I'm pretty sure Mt. Baker vapor is selling them for around that price, maybe with a coupon or something.

Unless you are really turned off by the square form-factor, I don't think there is a better value out there right now in terms of stepping up from an eGo-size device.

Acid08

Banned
Kanger T2 destroyed by this GotVapes liquid. It dissolved a seal at the top.

Those Pyrex clearos can't get here soon enough.

Kanger T2 destroyed by this GotVapes liquid. It dissolved a seal at the top.

Those Pyrex clearos can't get here soon enough.

Must have been something in that flavor. I've had 3 different juices from GotVapes and never had that happen, though, the quality of their liquid wasn't the greatest imo. Not as bad as stuff like ECBlend, but not as good as VapeDudes, RoarVapor, and the like.

Acid08

Banned
Must have been something in that flavor. I've had 3 different juices from GotVapes and never had that happen, though, the quality of their liquid wasn't the greatest imo. Not as bad as stuff like ECBlend, but not as good as VapeDudes, RoarVapor, and the like.
What's wrong with ECBlend?

Acid08

Banned
It tastes.. odd. And even a 50/50 blend tends to gunk up attys faster than juices from other companies, regardless of what the flavor is.
Is there a good tutorial for cleaning clearo's out there?

I tried cleaning a couple but they never really worked the same again. Got weak pulls after.

Top Bottom