• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Guys, I've been lurking around this thread and I have some questions for you.

I have never tried e-cigarrettes, but I'm thinking about stopping smoking.

Do these cigarrettes help?

i'll be 4 weeks without smoking in 2 days. i smoked a PAD for 13 years. this is entirely due to e-cig, specifically the kanger protank II and a eGo twist

I just found out about these the other day when I tried one of my friends. I freaking loved it and now I want to purchase a good e-cig. I normally order from Amazon, does anyone know a good dealer or could show me a good e-cig to purchase from it?'

Hmm, just looked a bit more at Amazon and they don't seem to have many on there. Guess I'll just order one from the sites listed in the OP

I just found out about these the other day when I tried one of my friends. I freaking loved it and now I want to purchase a good e-cig. I normally order from Amazon, does anyone know a good dealer or could show me a good e-cig to purchase from it?'

Hmm, just looked a bit more at Amazon and they don't seem to have many on there. Guess I'll just order one from the sites listed in the OP

if you're in the states i could show you some

i'd recommend an eGo twist, at least 650 mAh (you'll need a charger as well)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281171333488?lpid=82

a kanger protank, probably the protank II
http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-protank-ii/

and assorted e-juices from mount baker vapors (cheap and good)
http://www.mtbakervapor.com/

how many cigs do you smoke a day?

if you're in the states i could show you some

i'd recommend an eGo twist, at least 650 mAh (you'll need a charger as well)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281171333488?lpid=82

a kanger protank, probably the protank II
http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-protank-ii/

and assorted e-juices from mount baker vapors (cheap and good)
http://www.mtbakervapor.com/

how many cigs do you smoke a day?

Hey thanks for the info. I actually realized we had a new store open up in my town that sold these. I purchased an egoT ce4 650 mAh starter kit. Came with two of them and they threw in some oil for free. I'm having a weird issue though. They told me to wait about 3-5 minutes before I started smoking it, or it would taste burnt. Well I waited for awhile and at first it tasted really good (got the watermelon flavor) but now it taste like it's kinda bad... I think I'm going to try the other one I got but I'm not really sure what to do with this one. Any ideas?

what type of atomizer is on the top?

waiting for it to taste burnt? perhaps they mean dry hits from not allowing the wick to completely saturate.

i'm not sure how often you take a vape, or any other details besides that.

could be a lot of factors, really

TheExodu5

Banned
I have never been able to get my Protank to wick properly. I don't know if I have a defective one or something, but it just dries out after about 2 seconds of vaping. I'm vaping 65/35 liquid.

I have never been able to get my Protank to wick properly. I don't know if I have a defective one or something, but it just dries out after about 2 seconds of vaping. I'm vaping 65/35 liquid.

i'd try messing with the wicks. they come with 2 flavor wicks. most recommend taking one out.

I've switched to using the silica that comes in the coil and using cotton as the flavor wick. too much causes flooding/leaking. too little will give you too little flavor and vapor production.

just the right amount is very nice.

i ordered a bunch of 32 gauge wire last night. i'm going to build some micro coils in my protanks

what type of atomizer is on the top?

waiting for it to taste burnt? perhaps they mean dry hits from not allowing the wick to completely saturate.

i'm not sure how often you take a vape, or any other details besides that.

could be a lot of factors, really

Sorry I didn't mention, but I just got it like an hour ago. I have only hit it a couple of times but from what I can remember it taste different now then when I first hit it. I might need to try my other one but I'm not sure if I'm just tripping or what. Here's a picture of what it looks like. I really don't know a lick about these things so sorry! lol.

QoZFmYH.jpg

from those pics, i'd say you'd have to describe the difference in the vapes and we might be able to give you some ideas as to what you'd check

my taste buds were on hiatus for 2 weeks after i quit smoking.

from those pics, i'd say you'd have to describe the difference in the vapes and we might be able to give you some ideas as to what you'd check

my taste buds were on hiatus for 2 weeks after i quit smoking.

Yeah, I'm going to fill up the other one when i get off work and try it out. Maybe I'm just tripping because she told me about the burnt taste but the only way is to fill up the other one. I'll get back after I test it.

Yeah, I'm going to fill up the other one when i get off work and try it out. Maybe I'm just tripping because she told me about the burnt taste but the only way is to fill up the other one. I'll get back after I test it.

burnt taste comes from either gunked up coils or burnt flavor wicks. seems unlikely that the coils are gunked up that quickly. could be a flavor wick issue.

it's a good idea to take apart your atomizer and learn all the parts anyway for cleaning purposes.

Joe

Mt Baker Vapor:

Cinnamon Roll - terrible. emptied my tank right down the drain.

Green Apple - pretty good, wish it had more taste. might have to do with the 20/80 mix.

Rainbow Sherbet - very good. this was a freebie that they sent me, and its a 80/20 mix with 12mg nicotine. the 12mg makes me lightheaded so im going to order a 50/50 6mg bottle asap because its really good.

Hardware:

DBox Puritank Glassomizer - meh, probably wont use it much. the draw is very, very airy so if you like that then you'd probably like this. looks massive on an MVP, looks incredibly nice on a eGo with skirt adapter.

iClear30 - so far so good. good draw, good taste. a little too big for me though.

Vivi Nova i think is still my favorite tank. Have to compare it with a fresh wick to the iClear30 though.

MVP - pretty bad ass. get a much better vape experience out of it compared to the eGo-c. i will find out this weekend how i like it in my pocket and out and about.

Polo67

1382214_10151779788792423_1740889325_n.jpg

Sorry for the late reply! here is my current set up. Vamo v4 to the far right and "The Beast" mod on the left. I am also using a Helio's atomizer and going dual coil right now. I'm still having trouble building the mod sometimes but the reward is worth it. I believe everyone should upgrade to a mechanical mod eventually. The mod plus atomizer ran me about 330USD and it's worth every penny.

DaFish

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1382214_10151779788792423_1740889325_n.jpg

Sorry for the late reply! here is my current set up. Vamo v4 to the far right and "The Beast" mod on the left. I am also using a Helio's atomizer and going dual coil right now. I'm still having trouble building the mod sometimes but the reward is worth it. I believe everyone should upgrade to a mechanical mod eventually. The mod plus atomizer ran me about 330USD and it's worth every penny.

Nice, I love my Helios as well... dem clouds.

Pimpwerx

Two straight months free and clear of cigs, folks. Not a single craving in the world, thanks to my e-cigs. I haven't bought any weed in that time either, although I've probably blazed a handful of times thanks to random friends coming over with blunts or bongs. That's still significant as I was a half to a full eighth a week smoker prior to that.

Anyway, if I could recommend a local juice that I love, it's from Diamond Vapor and it's called Gargamel's Curse. Green Envy is also really good. I like fruity juices, so those fall into that category. $5 for 10mL and $12 for 30mL. Those are in-store prices. Not sure what it'll cost to ship. I mean to go try out some other flavors in a week or so. They were also willing to fix my broken eGo-C spinner, if it was fixable, for $5, but it wasn't. They have a lot of flavors, and seem reputable. Never had an issue and go there every week or two to grab new juice. It might be worth a look for people interested in trying different juice vendors.

My new eGo-C and EVODs should be in Monday, and my SVD and batteries should come later in the week. I can't wait. PEACE.

Zeth

Guys, remind me what that crazy green juice was last year - it was hard to find. I need more of it or something similar.

edit: Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid! Looks like it's still permanently sold out -_- I had some around this time last year and loved it.

Zeth

Yeah - looks like there's only one US distributor now. http://www.vapesquad.com/mad-murdock-to-drop-u-s-suppliers/

I've gotten bored of some of my usual juices so I decided to go back to an old favorite - Virgin Vapor. Prices are a bit steep but I've loved everything I've ever had from them - kona coffee milkshake, vanilla blackberry swirl, black cherry marshmallow, butter cream mint - everything tastes incredibly natural and delicious. I don't know what kind of organic voodoo they're doing there, but it's amazing.

DaFish

Yeah - looks like there's only one US distributor now. http://www.vapesquad.com/mad-murdock-to-drop-u-s-suppliers/

I've gotten bored of some of my usual juices so I decided to go back to an old favorite - Virgin Vapor. Prices are a bit steep but I've loved everything I've ever had from them - kona coffee milkshake, vanilla blackberry swirl, black cherry marshmallow, butter cream mint - everything tastes incredibly natural and delicious. I don't know what kind of organic voodoo they're doing there, but it's amazing.

This is the official seller and they have it every month.

http://www.vapingwatch.com/eliquid

Its good stuff. I still have a bit but I'v over done myself on it, I still throw it in a tank from time to time.

Chopper

Decided to try some of that vanilla blackberry swirl. Sounds delicious!

Pete Rock

I've gotten bored of some of my usual juices so I decided to go back to an old favorite - Virgin Vapor. Prices are a bit steep...
Thanks for reminding me to try out Virgin Vapor, they've been on my very short list for a while now. I'm going to order their best seller sampler and one of the absolute samplers, then scoop my faves in 50/50 pg/vg 1 oz bottles. As far as price, I am completely skewed towards pricier liquids. I think Five Pawns is the highest I have ever seen, although I have not tried them myself, every review speaks to it being justified. What I can vouch for is that every "budget" juice I've tried is such junky garbage that I would rather spend twice the amount per ml for a reliable and truly fantastic experience.

I helped two friends to permanently quit analogs by purchasing them e-cig starter kits and giving them two 10ml juice selections, Vanda & Tennessee Cured from JC, all out of my pocket because I love them and I don't want to see them suffer and struggle with the awful analog habit like I did for so long.

They have both been gum/patch/analog free for three months! By request I just ordered a dozen Ego-C Twist, EVODs, 5-pack replacement cores, USB chargers & carrying cases so they can each get a few of their own friends and family on the vape train. They are going to reimburse me and gift their kits like I did for them! Feels good man.

Thanks for reminding me to try out Virgin Vapor, they've been on my very short list for a while now. I'm going to order their best seller sampler and one of the absolute samplers, then scoop my faves in 50/50 pg/vg 1 oz bottles. As far as price, I am completely skewed towards pricier liquids. I think Five Pawns is the highest I have ever seen, although I have not tried them myself, every review speaks to it being justified. What I can vouch for is that every "budget" juice I've tried is such junky garbage that I would rather spend twice the amount per ml for a reliable and truly fantastic experience.

I helped two friends to permanently quit analogs by purchasing them e-cig starter kits and giving them two 10ml juice selections, Vanda & Tennessee Cured from JC, all out of my pocket because I love them and I don't want to see them suffer and struggle with the awful analog habit like I did for so long.

They have both been gum/patch/analog free for three months! By request I just ordered a dozen Ego-C Twist, EVODs, 5-pack replacement cores, USB chargers & carrying cases so they can each get a few of their own friends and family on the vape train. They are going to reimburse me and gift their kits like I did for them! Feels good man.

I have a few budget juices i like from mtbaker, but i'm sure the top-shelf juices would put them to shame

good looking out on the eGos + EVOD. i got a similar setup for my mom and plan to give one to my brother

Well I finally joined the e-cig club. Haven't totally quit the analogs yet, but I've cut way down. I can see this being a hobby I can get into.

Ego C-Twist + Innokin iClear 30 clearomizer + Halo Kringle's Curse, Freedom Juice, Midnight Apple and Menthol Ice 2.4 mg e-liquid = Bliss.

It's been almost 3 months since I touched an analog and I don't think I'll ever need to ever again in my life.

Pimpwerx

My SVD came in today. I gotta go pick up some batteries in a day or two.

The thing is smaller than I expected. I really thought these things were quite large. Same height as my 1100mAh eGo-C that arrived Monday, but like twice as thick. It's fairly heavy, but it's not something I mean to carry around with me. That's what the spinner is for. The SVD is for home.

There ridges on the battery casing are somewhat rough. I feel like I want to sand them down a bit, but I'm not quite sure how to do that without scratching the brushed aluminum finish. I have some steel wool, but feel that will scratch it.

Build quality is fantastic. Really a quality piece of craftsmanship, from the feel of it. Well-machined. Buttons give good tactile feel. Not a lot of pressure needed for the main button. Threading feels good, although I haven't put a clearo on it yet. Looks like steel or aluminum threads for both the eGo and 510 threading. I heard there might be brass, but it's not, which is good. I have an empty EVOD and CE4 I'll try tomorrow to make sure the threading is smooth.

Battery pin is spring-loaded and feels solid. The ring around the threading has two vent holes on opposite sides, whereas the reviews I read/watched said it only had one. Must have been a change to improve breathing on the tanks. Haven't turned the device on for obvious reasons, no batteries yet. I have an i2 Intellicharger itching for some use.

It came in an Innokin box, with what looks like an official user manual and warning documentation. I believe this is the real deal, as was noted on the FastTech discussion board. Something interesting that further confirms this is that the serial number on the side of the box is removed (physically cut off). I assume this is done at FT to prevent Innokin from tracking parts to whatever shell company FT uses to order these things. This is probably why they can sell them well below MSRP. It does make me think making a warranty claim is gonna be a bit of a bitch, as I see no numbers on the actual part itself. Not that I'm complaining, I can probably buy two of these for the price of one someplace else.

I'm gonna read through the manual before going to bed. I might take pics whenever I get batts in it, or if anyone requests them. It's a really nice piece of kit, from the looks of it. PEACE.

My SVD came in today. I gotta go pick up some batteries in a day or two.

The thing is smaller than I expected. I really thought these things were quite large. Same height as my 1100mAh eGo-C that arrived Monday, but like twice as thick. It's fairly heavy, but it's not something I mean to carry around with me. That's what the spinner is for. The SVD is for home.

There ridges on the battery casing are somewhat rough. I feel like I want to sand them down a bit, but I'm not quite sure how to do that without scratching the brushed aluminum finish. I have some steel wool, but feel that will scratch it.

Build quality is fantastic. Really a quality piece of craftsmanship, from the feel of it. Well-machined. Buttons give good tactile feel. Not a lot of pressure needed for the main button. Threading feels good, although I haven't put a clearo on it yet. Looks like steel or aluminum threads for both the eGo and 510 threading. I heard there might be brass, but it's not, which is good. I have an empty EVOD and CE4 I'll try tomorrow to make sure the threading is smooth.

Battery pin is spring-loaded and feels solid. The ring around the threading has two vent holes on opposite sides, whereas the reviews I read/watched said it only had one. Must have been a change to improve breathing on the tanks. Haven't turned the device on for obvious reasons, no batteries yet. I have an i2 Intellicharger itching for some use.

It came in an Innokin box, with what looks like an official user manual and warning documentation. I believe this is the real deal, as was noted on the FastTech discussion board. Something interesting that further confirms this is that the serial number on the side of the box is removed (physically cut off). I assume this is done at FT to prevent Innokin from tracking parts to whatever shell company FT uses to order these things. This is probably why they can sell them well below MSRP. It does make me think making a warranty claim is gonna be a bit of a bitch, as I see no numbers on the actual part itself. Not that I'm complaining, I can probably buy two of these for the price of one someplace else.

I'm gonna read through the manual before going to bed. I might take pics whenever I get batts in it, or if anyone requests them. It's a really nice piece of kit, from the looks of it. PEACE.

it depends what "mode" the SVD is in. Right now you are seeing it in 18350 mode. If you were to put it in 18650 mode, it's quite big.

the SVD is taller in 18350 mode than my Provari in 18490 mode

Pimpwerx

it depends what "mode" the SVD is in. Right now you are seeing it in 18350 mode. If you were to put it in 18650 mode, it's quite big.

the SVD is taller in 18350 mode than my Provari in 18490 mode

LOL! You're right. I actually unscrewed the tube to its full length last night, but it didn't register in my mind when making that comment in my post. Still, I thought these things were quite a bit thicker than they are. Don't ask me why. I've seen a Vamo in person, and it was probably the exact same size as well, so whatever. My perception is all screwed up. PEACE.

LOL! You're right. I actually unscrewed the tube to its full length last night, but it didn't register in my mind when making that comment in my post. Still, I thought these things were quite a bit thicker than they are. Don't ask me why. I've seen a Vamo in person, and it was probably the exact same size as well, so whatever. My perception is all screwed up. PEACE.

you probably haven't seen/held too many mods to really have a comparison. seeing it in videos is one thing. holding it in your hand and taking a vape a completely another.

Joe

Can you guys recommend a short/stumpy tank? I need something low profile. Vivi nova is ok but still pretty tall with the drip tip.

Upgraded from the starter CE4's to the Kangertech T3S. Wow, big upgrade. I also went from an 18mg juice to a 24mg juice at my local vapor shop. That has made a big difference. Only smoked 6 analogs today, from the usual 30+. I'll get there :)

Tonight I bought 2 more T3S tanks, a 5 pack of replacement heads, a couple 1000mAh twist batteries(one for a friend) and a smoktech Pyrex tank from discountvapers. I'm still in that discovery phase, trying to find the right hardware. Any recommendations on some good juice? I got some strawberry and kiwi from the store by me. I think I could get used to some fruity flavors. But I'm not sure of their source lol. I'd like to find some US made, quality juice. I've seen mtbakervapor.com had some awesome pricing. Is that good stuff?

Pete Rock

So I picked up this juice from Alpha Vapes called Baby Pigeon, it is basically the same as their model The Dude, which is pineapple & mango, but with the slightest most perfect hint of menthol finish at the end. They are both amazing but BP in particular is one of the only vapes I've had with any amount of menthol that I really really enjoyed.

I had half a 15ml bottle of Johnson Creek Solstice on the shelf and figured I'd compare the two, as it was neglected for a few months and I figured hey why not. It is watermelon, raspberry, honeydew with a strong menthol flavor.

It tastes like I chugged a bottle of robitussin and then threw up. Ughhhhh this is going right in the trash, now I realize why I don't like any of their fruity flavors, but this one in particular. I believe my reasoning was that I had never tried it in a perfectly clean thank, so I ought to give it a fresh perspective and really let the flavors pop.

Dumped all 3ml out of the tank, re-washed, threw the bottle out, smelled everything. Wait. Re-washed everything three more times because the O-rings still reeked like this digestive fluid potpourri. Ahhh, there we go.

Running JC Vanda right now as that's my go-to from them and oh, oh so full of vanilla and creamy goodness. I am scooping a few more genny style RBAs so I can rotate three tanks throughout the day, as I heard that's a good way to avoid vaper tongue. Usually after 4 days I swap, but I have noticed my taste buds getting swamped out around day three lately, and I drink at least a gallon of water throughout the day. Going with cloned I-Atty as the Z-Atty I already own is great but not worth sticker price, and also a cloned Fogger V2 just to test it out.

EVODS & Twists on the way! I give each of my starter kits away with 10ml bottles of Tennessee Cured & Vanda but I am about to give away most of my barely touched 30ml of TC, I can't vape anything with a "smoky" or even remotely tobacco taste to it anymore.

stop buying heads and get a microtorch and some kanthal. you'll have better coils and save a bunch of money

For real, I also find coil rebuilding to be a very therapeutic process once you get it down. When I first picked up my ProVari & ZAP I was very hesitant to rebuild it and waited until it was absolutely necessary, so I had a lot of anxiety about getting it back to working order. With different wick materials (ekowool vs ceramic rod) and kanthal (28g vs 32g) different coil building techniques (on-rod wrap 3/4 vs 12 wrap microcoil on screw) I would estimate it hits 3-4x harder than stock and is significantly easier to rebuild.

If you've only got EGO style batteries and plastic carts I could see why this would make no sense, but it really is a huge step up in tank capacity and vapor production and I enjoy all the tinkering.

Mount Baker Vapors charged me twice and sent the same order twice. I contacted them on their on-website help and they refunded one of the charges and let me keep all the juices! Nice.

Rebuilt my mini-DID reusing the mesh wick. Hits very nice.

I need to rebuild my current PT. Frigging coil is 3.2 ohms lol

Pimpwerx

Upgraded from the starter CE4's to the Kangertech T3S. Wow, big upgrade. I also went from an 18mg juice to a 24mg juice at my local vapor shop. That has made a big difference. Only smoked 6 analogs today, from the usual 30+. I'll get there :)

Tonight I bought 2 more T3S tanks, a 5 pack of replacement heads, a couple 1000mAh twist batteries(one for a friend) and a smoktech Pyrex tank from discountvapers. I'm still in that discovery phase, trying to find the right hardware. Any recommendations on some good juice? I got some strawberry and kiwi from the store by me. I think I could get used to some fruity flavors. But I'm not sure of their source lol. I'd like to find some US made, quality juice. I've seen mtbakervapor.com had some awesome pricing. Is that good stuff?

Wow! From a pack and a half a day to 1/3 of a pack is already a big improvement. Keep at it, man, and good luck.

I personally feel starter kits should be EVOD+eGo-C. CE4s as starter clearos are just not a proper way to introduce people to vaping, and the price difference between an EVOD and CE4 is minimal. PEACE.

tino

Banned
Newbies question:

Are all the realistic cigarette looking e-cigs use disposable cartomizer?

Is there any realistic looking e-cig you can refull the juice yourself?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Anyone got a good place to buy dual coil cartos? I wouldn't mind trying out a new vendor.

Newbies question:

Are all the realistic cigarette looking e-cigs use disposable cartomizer?

Is there any realistic looking e-cig you can refull the juice yourself?

Most of those cartos can be refilled.

tino

Banned
Anyone got a good place to buy dual coil cartos? I wouldn't mind trying out a new vendor.

Most of those cartos can be refilled.

You have a couple model/kit names I can start doing the research? There are way too many options. I want to get a kit that looks like a cigarette.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You have a couple model/kit names I can start doing the research? There are way too many options. I want to get a kit that looks like a cigarette.

Sorry, I don't. Most of us move away from using the one's that look like analogs because of the terribly short battery life.

Get a Joyetech 510 battery
--- These are Manual (meaning they have a button that you have to press on it to activate, they make automatic ones on other sites but this site does not have them.)
--- You also need to get the charger to charge the battery.

Get a pack of Boge Cartomizers

This is as stealth as you are going to get. The cartomizers can be refilled also. Some companies make Orange/Filter looking colors for their cartomizers but Boge are one of the best and make a great product.

Your second option is to get the Joyetech eRoll. Its very small and comes with a charger (smaller than the size of a pack of cigs) that you plug it into while you are not using it to keep its charge. This thing is a great little setup, but I would recommend the 510/Boge setup above. Its a hair bigger but much better performing.

Pimpwerx

Lost my first EVOD today, to caustic juice. I filled it halfway with Gargamel's Curse from Diamond Vapor and half with Razzle from Apollo Ecigs. I took a nap and woke up to find the mixture of juice in a puddle around the base of the EVOD. The top of it cracked diagonally along the base of the drip tip. I didn't even touch it and was broken. I want to say it's all the Razzle's fault, because I'd never used it in an EVOD before, and the Curse never caused any problems despite many mL going through the same EVOD.

Oddly, the Razzle never caused any problems in the CE4s I used before the EVODs. That's what I vaped it in, and probably ran through 9.5mL of it using them. .5mL in the EVOD and it's kaput. Luckily I had 2 replacement EVODs come in last week, so I'm fine. It's just really weird. I threw is out along with the coil head, as I don't want to risk any residual damage to the other two tanks.

I was gonna order some Watermelon from them, but not anymore. I ordered 60mL of Liqua's Berry Mix instead. Hopefully that doesn't destroy an EVOD. Looks like I'm ready to get serious about getting a new tank. Something with pyrex and possibly rebuildable like I previously wanted.

---

Also, anyone interested in getting batteries cheap: Orbtronic has 3400mAh unprotected Panasonic NCR18650B batts for $10.99 each, with free shipping. Minimum order is 2 though, so $21.98. My order from FT for the same batts is stuck in HK, and I'm betting will get rejected, so I ordered 2 of these for my SVD. This is the best price I could find online. PEACE.

am_dragon

I just jumped in and thanks for all the great info in the OP and thread in general. My wife and I are occasional smokers and we end up smoking way longer than we intend to each time we start up. We were talking about getting a pack over the last week so...

I was going to order and ego-c Twist and wasn't sure having not tried e-cigs/vaping at all. On Friday I noticed "Freedom Vapes" close to my work. They were super helpful and I ended with:
ego-v (ego twist knockoff?) but it has a led showing voltage and battery level. Kranger T3S, 2 extra coils, and 10ml juice for $42.

They showed me how to set it up, tips for cleaning, changing flavors, filled the tank and the battery was charged so I got to try it before I left the store. Just hit the spot.

I just jumped in and thanks for all the great info in the OP and thread in general. My wife and I are occasional smokers and we end up smoking way longer than we intend to each time we start up. We were talking about getting a pack over the last week so...

I was going to order and ego-c Twist and wasn't sure having not tried e-cigs/vaping at all. On Friday I noticed "Freedom Vapes" close to my work. They were super helpful and I ended with:
ego-v (ego twist knockoff?) but it has a led showing voltage and battery level. Kranger T3S, 2 extra coils, and 10ml juice for $42.

They showed me how to set it up, tips for cleaning, changing flavors, filled the tank and the battery was charged so I got to try it before I left the store. Just hit the spot.

In my limited experience, I love the T3S. I have an order of 2 extra T3S's coming tomorrow. Can't wait. I also picked up a Smoktech ARO, I'm curious to try that out too.

I needed more juice, so today I stopped off at a different shop in town. A friend kept raving about the Smoktech DCT, so I gave it a shot. Meh. Seems like a hassle soaking the carto, then filling the tank. I must have messed up somewhere, had about half the tank leak out while I showered tonight lol. Live and learn. What a mess to clean.

My first juice purchases were from a one-off store that made their own. Tonight I picked up some Flavorz by Joe. Poppa Smurf is just great. Ecto will have to wait until tomorrow and go in a fresh T3S.

Also, only smoked 3 analogs today! So close, yet so far. I get aggravated at work sometimes, plus an ongoing divorce. Vaping just doesn't help that stress load yet lol.

have my protanks coiled with 2.2 ohm micro-coils with 28 gauge kanthal. my god does this make a world of a difference. the flavor and vapor production are ridiculous.

Pete Rock

Also, only smoked 3 analogs today! ...Vaping just doesn't help that stress load yet lol.
I've seen more folks recommend 18mg or higher for pack-a-day smokers trying to quit, I went with 24 or 2.4% just to be sure. I don't know what you're running but try to pick up a higher nicotine content juice, it'll make ya so dizzy in two drags that you won't even be able to justify taking the time to go out and light up.

I think it's better to start high and then ease down and begin to enjoy the vapor more than the nicotine, which becomes more apparent as your body recovers your senses of taste and smell. To be fair, I had similar experiences even when starting at 24mg - I was using a janky dripper on a goofy mechanical mod and the vapor production and hit were very low and very hot. Nothing like bottom coil clearomizers on a Twist or a Spinner. Nothing like a Genny atomizer on a high end VV mod. So you need the right hardware and the right juice to get you in the sweet spot and the jonesing will go away.

To be honest I don't think anybody could ever argue a cigarette tasted good at any point in their smoking life. Maybe cloves. Maybe. I suppose it is easier to make this statement in hindsight. Anyway I stepped down to 18, now I'm down to 11. I wish JC produced at 6mg instead of just 0, all the high end vape shops/juices I've sampled offer that level.

Top Bottom