• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

tino

Banned
Get a Joyetech 510 battery
--- These are Manual (meaning they have a button that you have to press on it to activate, they make automatic ones on other sites but this site does not have them.)
--- You also need to get the charger to charge the battery.

Get a pack of Boge Cartomizers

This is as stealth as you are going to get. The cartomizers can be refilled also. Some companies make Orange/Filter looking colors for their cartomizers but Boge are one of the best and make a great product.

Thanks. I ordered a couple batteries and the Boge Cartomizer and some juice. What youtube video I should watch to learn to refill it myself?

I am trying put together a reliable kit for my dad actually. I am a very light smoker. I can just use the disposables myself.

Anyone try out vaporbreak yet? Do you know where they are located?

I'm looking at this Ithaka clone and would like to know how fast they ship compared to Fasttech

Pimpwerx

I ordered an I-ATTY last night. It comes with a ss wick and kanthal. Not sure what gauge. I'll have to check that. I'm gonna use it with my svd. I'd like some info of wicks and kanthal gauge. I want to order some extra materials before it arrives.

What's this thread recommend for wick material? SS mesh, ceramic, ecowool or cotton swabs? If ss mesh, what size...400 or 500? Any specific type of ceramic wick? Is ecowool the best fiber wick? Is the cvs cotton approach good?

I heard mesh has issues with taste and shorts. I want the best flavor and least problems with shorts.

With the kanthal, what gauge? Gonna be running it on the svd which has a 1.2ohm cutoff. I intend on running as close to that cutoff as possible as well. Probably 1.2-1.8ohms. I was about to order 30 gauge wire then decided to ask first.

I mostly smoke 70/30 juice with fruit flavors, but intend on ordering supplies to make my own later this week. Let me know what's up. I'm excited to get into rbas.

Lastly, anyone tried the protank3 yet? It's available now. Reviews seem good. I wanted to hear some thoughts before deciding on ordering one. PEACE.

I believe the SS wick types (400 v 500) is the quality and probably the count (not 100% on this)

If you're using SS wick, you'd probably want 30 or 32 gauge. 28 would require too many wraps to get up to your cutoff. You'd be fine with 32 and it seems to be the cheapest for that atty

mesh seems to have a really clean, crisp taste to it. I really like it but it's obviously more expensive than other options. As long as you take a torch to the mesh properly, you shouldn't have any problems with shorting.

Pete Rock

I ordered an I-ATTY last night.

What's this thread recommend for wick material? SS mesh, ceramic, ecowool or cotton swabs? If ss mesh, what size...400 or 500? Any specific type of ceramic wick? Is ecowool the best fiber wick? Is the cvs cotton approach good?
I only have experience with the provape ceramic rods, mesh and ekowool and I prefer the latter. I still have $30 worth of ceramic rods sitting around that I ordered as backups before I switched to ekowool, which is significantly cheaper and easier to work with.

The Z-atty comes with 32g 3/4 wrap around this little ceramic rod, and it was a bitch to rebuild as good as out of the box. Ended up snapping a couple rods with very very slight tension as I coiled around them. Super frustrating. I don't know what the I-atty comes built with other than the mesh, but as with all clones you just rip that garbage out, wash everything in soap and water and start clean from the get-go.

I prefer 28g wrapped around a machine screw of similar diameter, the wick hole is about 3mm on the Z-atty. I have an I-atty on the way as well, but don't know if it is different or the same, although it is obviously different in certain ways, namely the center post construction.

For wick build my favorite is 1mm ekowool doubled over in a u-wick and pulled up through the pre-mounted coil, there are a lot of videos on youtube about this, check them out. I do a 9 or 12 wrap depending on if I want 2.0 or 2.5 ohm, and for me the vapor production is very high while remaining a cool vape. I was standing outside in Vegas when it was 110 and it felt like I was air conditioning my lungs!

When I was running the ceramic wicks with 32g and a third the wraps, even after eliminating hot spots during setup and with a VV device, it seemed to always get hot and nasty about halfway through the 16 second cutoff on the ProVari. Now I can pull the whole drag and it doesn't feel gimped on the first half at all, and it never gets too hot or produces a nasty throat hit.

I find it best with 50/50 juices, although I do run 100% vg in it pretty frequently as well, it just doesn't wick as nicely and the vapor production is probably 75% of 50/50.

From what I understand the ProTank 3 just has dual coil heads and not much else has changed.

I buy all my ekowool & kanthal on ebay from lightningvapes, they've got a website but their listings on ebay are a little cheaper due to free shipping.

Good to see that Alien Visions stays open all day now, no need to rush at 11am EST to get my order in.

I loaded up on Boba's Bounty and am trying out Gorilla Juice and Dream Berries.

Pimpwerx

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the eBay seller reco. I want a strong throat hit. Does ekowool provide that? I considered it because I knew it wouldn't short. However, I don't know anything about the throat hit or the flavor. Also, what's a u-wick? PEACE.

DaFish

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks for the eBay seller reco. I want a strong throat hit. Does ekowool provide that? I considered it because I knew it wouldn't short. However, I don't know anything about the throat hit or the flavor. Also, what's a u-wick? PEACE.

This is a u-wick

IMG_0143.jpg

Pretty much its just for having more wick touching the juice.

I have never used ekowool, but I can vouch for using organic cotton balls in my RDAs/RBAs.

Really good/cheap wicking material.

Pimpwerx

This is a u-wick

IMG_0143.jpg

Pretty much its just for having more wick touching the juice.

I have never used ekowool, but I can vouch for using organic cotton balls in my RDAs/RBAs.

Really good/cheap wicking material.

Is that a SS mesh wick in that pic? Is the u-wick made by routing it through the regular wick hole and over into the fill hole? Or do you drill a new, secondary wick hole to put it into? PEACE.

DaFish

Is that a SS mesh wick in that pic? Is the u-wick made by routing it through the regular wick hole and over into the fill hole? Or do you drill a new, secondary wick hole to put it into? PEACE.

Yes it is a SS mesh wicking method. You use it on an atty which has duel wick hole (not a fill hole)

Pimpwerx

Yes it is a SS mesh wicking method. You use it on an atty which has duel wick hole (not a fill hole)

Okay. Pretty sure the I-ATTY only has one wick hole, but I've seen someone use ekowool doubled over on itself through the single wick hole. I've also read some suggestions that you could use the fill hole as well, but I'll see when it arrives. I'm leaning towards ekowool right now, but figure I could try the cotton method before making a purchase, since it's so cheap. None of the options are really that expensive anyway, so I'm more interested in performance. PEACE.

DaFish

Okay. Pretty sure the I-ATTY only has one wick hole, but I've seen someone use ekowool doubled over on itself through the single wick hole. I've also read some suggestions that you could use the fill hole as well, but I'll see when it arrives. I'm leaning towards ekowool right now, but figure I could try the cotton method before making a purchase, since it's so cheap. None of the options are really that expensive anyway, so I'm more interested in performance. PEACE.

The cotton performs really well, give it a shot.

I've had the Aspire ET-S for a few weeks now.

Pros:

- glass
- major vapor, flavor and throat hit
- perfect draw, not too airy like the Protank 2 and not too tight.
- inexpensive
- rarely a burnt hit or dry hit. withstands high voltage and wattage. I have it on an SVD right now and keep cranking up the watts trying to get a burnt hit. none yet.
- the least leaking device I've owned. just your usual small build-up on the battery.
- almost no gurgling or flooding either
- bottom coil so no tilting
- easy to fill
- sleek looking in stainless steel or silver
- ego threaded

Cons:

- sometimes flavor is too intense, maybe a little off. I'm not sure because I've only vaped two liquids in it: HHV Legend and HHV Crackberry. I prefer Legend in other devices. Crackberry is good in it.
- I can't think of any other cons. but the flavor thing is an issue that bothers me a little bit.

New SVD is cool as hell after a day. Loving it. Tube threads need vaseline or something though.

Pete Rock

Okay. Pretty sure the I-ATTY only has one wick hole, but I've seen someone use ekowool doubled over on itself through the single wick hole.
Yes this is what I meant by u-wick, sorry for allowing it to be confused with the other setup, which I'm sure is interesting in its own right. The fill/air hole wouldn't work with that style anyways due to being so small of a diameter.

I am waiting for one of these Pulse G clones, and although the reducing block interests me greatly, I'll probably dual coil/wick it from the get go.

New SVD is cool as hell after a day. Loving it. Tube threads need vaseline or something though.
Noalox

TheExodu5

Banned
Got myself a few Aspire BCDs.

What I like:
Flavor is fantastic.
No wicking issues.
Hassle free
Price ($6)

What I dislike:
The draw isn't that nice...it whistles if you pull too hard.
Throat hit is a bit too strong. The vapor feels a bit harsh as a result.
The post recesses very easily...I have to prod it out to get it to work with my iTaste SVD.
Build seems a bit outdated...basically a carto inside a Vivi Nova tank.
Vapor production is a bit lacking, mostly since I need to run it at a lower wattage to mitigate the harshness of the vapor.
The tank needs to be removed from the battery to fill it.
It can only be filled partially (up to about 3ml).

I'll have to use it a bit more. I kind of prefer the iClear 30 since it has a much nicer build and draw, though the iClear doesn't wick quite and the flavor tends to get muted after a few refills.

I'll have to use this some more to see if it develops any issues with regards to wicking and flavor.

am_dragon

My T3S tank leaked all over. I cleaned it out, and it leaked again. I took it back to the shop, glad I didn't buy online, and they replaced the atomizer. At the same time I picked up an ego-c twist and a Kanger mini ProTank 2. My wife wanted her own e-cig so we are all in now.

This morning the tank leaked again, stopped in the shop.

A helpful customer pointed out the slots in the bottom of the Kangertech Atomizer cartridges, can be used to adjust the "height" of the contact. This adjustment also controls how tight the connection is inside the tank. The gentleman proceeded to explain that if it unscrewed it like a 1/4 turn a most it would resolve the problem. He said that all the atomizers have an adjustment like this so they can fit different mods. Hasn't leaked since.

The shop owner then told both of us to pick a juice and she gave us both a 10ml on the house. Freedom Vapes Irving, TX.

Pimpwerx

I'm ordering juice-making materials tonight. Anyone have a favorite website? There's currently no vape/juice shops in downtown/midtown Miami, and I see a business opportunity here. If I can learn how to do this well, I might have to grab a space over in Wynwood and see if I can plant my flag in this market.

Yes this is what I meant by u-wick, sorry for allowing it to be confused with the other setup, which I'm sure is interesting in its own right. The fill/air hole wouldn't work with that style anyways due to being so small of a diameter.

I am waiting for one of these Pulse G clones, and although the reducing block interests me greatly, I'll probably dual coil/wick it from the get go.

Share your thoughts on the Pulse G when you get it. I haven't even gotten my I-ATTY, but the reduction chamber does sound intriguing. I'm all about flavor in my vaping. PEACE.

DaFish

I'm ordering juice-making materials tonight. Anyone have a favorite website? There's currently no vape/juice shops in downtown/midtown Miami, and I see a business opportunity here. If I can learn how to do this well, I might have to grab a space over in Wynwood and see if I can plant my flag in this market.

Share your thoughts on the Pulse G when you get it. I haven't even gotten my I-ATTY, but the reduction chamber does sound intriguing. I'm all about flavor in my vaping. PEACE.

I hear http://www.wizardlabs.us/ is a good resource.

DaFish

Awesome site, and in-state too. I loaded up my cart, but I'm waiting for them to restock on nic juice. Fun times ahead. :D

My batteries finally arrived and are charging. Can't wait to finally fire up the SVD. PEACE.
Nice, I know most diy'ers use that site.

Pimpwerx

Been using my SVD all weekend. I love it. I think I might want to try the long tube on it. Anyone willing to let go of their long tube cheap, drop me a PM. I found one UK site that carries them, but if I can find it cheaper, I'm game. PEACE.

So I just received my iClear30 replacement head and it doesn't screw onto the iClear30.

Its like a hair thicker than it needs to be, it just sits "over" the threads, it doesn't screw onto the threads like the previous one did. I ordered 3, tried 2 of them and they both don't fit.

WTF ?

When I assemble the setup like this, my mod will still read me the resistance of the replacement head, but i'm afraid to put juice in it and have it leak all over the place.

Pimpwerx

So I just received my iClear30 replacement head and it doesn't screw onto the iClear30.

Its like a hair thicker than it needs to be, it just sits "over" the threads, it doesn't screw onto the threads like the previous one did. I ordered 3, tried 2 of them and they both don't fit.

WTF ?

When I assemble the setup like this, my mod will still read me the resistance of the replacement head, but i'm afraid to put juice in it and have it leak all over the place.

Did you order from FastTech? I had a similar issue with the last set of EVOD replacement heads I ordered from there. The center shaft is too thick to fit into the tank. So I'm re-using the top from the old head, and swapping it into the new heads. I'm questioning whether I should keep ordering certain items from them. PEACE.

Did you order from FastTech? I had a similar issue with the last set of EVOD replacement heads I ordered from there. The center shaft is too thick to fit into the tank. So I'm re-using the top from the old head, and swapping it into the new heads. I'm questioning whether I should keep ordering certain items from them. PEACE.

No, it was from MyVaporStore, I ordered 4 replacement heads, the first one didn't fit, the second one kind of fit, the third one fit fine. Must be a bad batch.

I'm done ordering from FastTech. My EVODs from them always leaked.

I think I'll order the kayfun clone for FT as soon as it's back in stock. The rocket looks fine, but ugly. There is another that is brushed for about another 8 bucks that looks way more accurate.

My trident arrived. It's not really close to the real trident. Missing a second air hole. The flow control holes are the same size, so you really have no control. Unit is miscut. It's too long.

I was lurking the For Sale/Trade section of ECF last night and picked up some gear.

Got a NEW Smoktech Natural for $30. Been meaning to get a pinky-button-mech
Got a lightly used MVP v2 for $35.

Pretty pumped about it.

And I have about 60ml of juice coming today from Alien Vision.

And Xbox comes out Friday.

GOOD TIMES!

My order from AVE came in today.

Holy Shit Gorilla Juice is fantastic. I like it even more than Boba's Bounty. Kinda wish I didn't order 30ml of Boba's, but I like it so whatever.

My problem is with nic level. 6mg does nothing for me, but I find this 12mg to be a hair too strong. I tried to contact AVE but they didn't respond in response to giving me a custom 8mg.

So its either smoke way too much 6mg, or just turn the voltage down and smoke way less of the 12mg.

I chose the latter.

Holy Shit Gorilla Juice is fantastic. I like it even more than Boba's Bounty. Kinda wish I didn't order 30ml of Boba's, but I like it so whatever.

My problem is with nic level. 6mg does nothing for me, but I find this 12mg to be a hair too strong. I tried to contact AVE but they didn't respond in response to giving me a custom 8mg.

So its either smoke way too much 6mg, or just turn the voltage down and smoke way less of the 12mg.

I chose the latter.

Are these flavors tobacco flavored? I haven't tried these, but I'm really looking for some juice recommendations. My current favorite is Poppa Smurf by Flavorz by Joe.

All the tobacco flavors I've tried just weren't "it".

In closing, looking for juice recommendations! A good tobacco flavor to push me over the edge to quit my 5 analog per day habit, a nice all day vape. Speak up GAF!

Are these flavors tobacco flavored? I haven't tried these, but I'm really looking for some juice recommendations. My current favorite is Poppa Smurf by Flavorz by Joe.

In closing, looking for juice recommendations! A good tobacco flavor to push me over the edge to quit my 5 analog per day habit, a nice all day vape. Speak up GAF!

Someone will come through and give you some great tobacco vapes.

Gorilla Juice and Boba's Bounty are listed on their site as "tobacco flavors" but they aren't very tobacco-ey. They are more Honey/Graham Cracker-ey. But they are PHENOMENAL. Such a great, relaxing flavor.

A great compliment to all the sweet juices that I have.

*Edit. Here are some of Phil Busardo's favorite juices. Some tobacco's in here

Pete Rock

Got the I-Atty in, the junk coil it comes with is hilariously bad and the wick is mesh sleeved over silica rope, really strange. The insulator under the center post is proud of the deck by a few mm so I don't know how good an idea it would be to dry burn it, as it's probably not made out of teflon. Other than that it seems pretty much identical.

Pulse G & Fogger V2 on the way and a Kraken clone ordered as well. Damn FT is killing it lately.

Aodh: Try Tennessee Cured from Johnson Creek, I went thru probably three 30ml bottles of it when I was transitioning from analogs and I know another member here uses it as his all day vape. It is really rich and smokey but also sweet in a certain way. After transitioning to fruity/sweet/bakery flavors without tobacco bases I had to stop using it because it reminded me too much of tobacco, like when you rip open the plastic and smell the "fresh" aroma. I give a 10ml bottle away with my starter kits and everyone loves it who used to smoke Reds/Camels/Etc. I haven't tried to convert a menthol smoker yet as I don't know any, but they probably wouldn't be all about it.

I just ordered their new Makana which is supposed to be like a fruit punch, to be honest I think they are trying to catch up with all the other high end juices as I have seen entire lineups from other companies that have absolutely zero tobacco flavored bases. I have tried their strawberry flavor named Merango and it is just so "one-note" as to be kind of off-putting, although it does taste good I can't vape a 3ml tank of it over a day like I can every other juice I really like. The other fruit flavor I tried from them had some menthol in it and it was just a mess and overall not very good. So I am excited to see them put out a good flavor in this area. SpinFuel gave it a very good review and I have never tried one of their award winners that wasn't pretty good, so I am excited to receive it later in the week.

Similarly I scooped Autumn Crisp which is a caramel coated green apple flavor, and Spiced Apple Cider, as they are both seasonal and I missed them last year and I've been itching to try them as I have heard good things. I'll report back on these for sure.

I have spent three hundred on JC juice alone this year, and probably the same on all the others I picked up from TruVape juice bar selections. Sogood, juice monkey!

let me know what you think of the fogger when it comes in

i'm impatiently waiting for them to restock their kayfun clone (the $21 one). I heard it's fantastic for a clone.

i don't like the rocket, or at least the look of it. I'm sure it's no where near as good

I'm going through protank/evod heads SO FAST with my VTR. I don't really want to do rebuilds but I guess I have to.

If I rebuild a head with SS wick, will it last me at least several days without it getting muted/toasted tasting?

I'm going through protank/evod heads SO FAST with my VTR. I don't really want to do rebuilds but I guess I have to.

If I rebuild a head with SS wick, will it last me at least several days without it getting muted/toasted tasting?

should easily, yea

i get days out of cotton most times.

a protank/evod head with a micro coil is going to be so much better for you anyway.

Just ordered a Taifun GT from Fasttech

I really wanted the better kayfun clone but i'm not going to buy a rocket just because it's out of stock. i'm going to wait patiently until that point

I really need to get some mesh and ekowool before it arrives. i hoping before christmas (TGT)

am_dragon

I chose the latter.

I'm in that exact same boat. When I asked for a "10mg" at a local shop I think they took it in back and wrote 10mg on the label and brought it back out, it seems like 6mg, they didn't charge extra so whatever.

I've taken to normally using 6mg and keeping a tank with 12mg handy. I'll spend a few minutes with the 6mg, then switch to 12mg for a couple pulls and I'm good. Not that convenient but I wasn't a heavy smoker and doing that 3 times a day isn't to annoying.

Pimpwerx

Got the I-Atty in, the junk coil it comes with is hilariously bad and the wick is mesh sleeved over silica rope, really strange. The insulator under the center post is proud of the deck by a few mm so I don't know how good an idea it would be to dry burn it, as it's probably not made out of teflon. Other than that it seems pretty much identical.
Mine should arrive in a few days. I'm glad my rebuilding materials should arrive about the same time. What's your take on the I-ATTY so far? I'd love to know what setup you decide on, as far as wick material and coils. PEACE.

Broseybrose

All I vape are tobacco vapes! Here's what I vape/recommend after three years of searching:

Blend 4 from AVE is totally unlike all others

Burley Beard from VelvetCloudVapor is pure and fresh organic NET deliciousness

I also like Coumarin Pipe Tobacco from Mount Baker, even though that one isnt natural tasting at all, just sweet and pipey (if even a bit chalky).

Definitely try the first two if you havent already!

Pete Rock

Mine should arrive in a few days. I'm glad my rebuilding materials should arrive about the same time. What's your take on the I-ATTY so far? I'd love to know what setup you decide on, as far as wick material and coils. PEACE.

It is a lot different than the original upon further inspection. On the Z once you take the top cap off there is a single O-ring that is larger than the two that secure the tank. You slide this off to pull the tank off and the body is a single piece other than the interior post construction.

On this one the top deck has two o-rings just for the cap, once you remove the center post screw you then unscrew a little bushing which holds the center post and the insulator in place, then you push that entire assembly out the bottom. Then you have to unscrew the top deck from the lower part, which allows you to get the glass out and clean everything thoroughly with soap and water and a brush. As all clones it is covered in machining oils and might need a couple wipe downs in between the washing to get it all off.

Since the center post is two parts, the screw that goes in there is literally the tiniest diameter and threading I have ever seen. You'll want to be careful with this and not cross thread it or apply too much tension, as that should really be applied to the post bushing that secures the insulator and the rod.

Other than that I did my normal 1mm doubled over ekowool wick and pulled it thru the pre-mounted coil as "normal", except that it was only affixed to the bottom deck post at this time as I had to finish tank assembly afterwards. On the Z-atty since you can slide the glass down back over at any time as it never splits into two pieces, it is "open" to slide the wicks in under the top deck and work that way before affixing the glass.

I suppose that wouldn't be nearly as relevant if you were doing mesh or something that you could slide directly down the hole once it was all put together.

I upgraded my buddy from the old Igo-W I had hooked him up with and he was over the moon on it. Although like all Gennys of this style you can't leave it on its side unless you want it to leak everywhere around the coil and out the air hole in the deck and upper cap. The "air-hole" or "fill-hole" is also secured with a screw, I'm not really sure why as you would never want it to be blocked during normal usage as it is required for proper wicking as you tip it towards your face, the air goes in that hole. I'd imagine if it was blocked by the screw being installed it would not perform nearly as well.

Speaking of you will want to drill out the cap hole with a 1/16" bit, as the drilling job was so shit on this one as to be damn near impossible to draw through, it was just very roughly punched in and the metal on the backside of the hole was restricting the opening down to a tiny pin size diameter. Originally I was going to experiment with drilling two more holes above and below this as in the Doc Dave Havoc style, but I am going to wait on that until I get another one in. Alternately I have seen people who used to drill the single hole out to 5/64" but I think the three stacked holes over the coil length would make more sense. But at the very least you will have to clean this hole up to its intended size to get it to draw decently at all.

In other news my 12 ego twist batteries for my new starter kit gifts got rejected at Singapore Post and had to be re-shipped HKP ;_; Got the cases, the chargers, the EVOD heads, replacement head packs, everything else... ahhh well, patience is a virtue and all that jazz.

iclear30 is really really nice but damn does it go through juice like crazy, almost a deal breaker for me
The solution is simple, buy moar juice!

Pimpwerx

Hey Pete. My I-ATTY and wicks all arrived today. I just took it apart (your instructions were useful, but I'd already watched a YT teardown of it last week). It really should come with instructions on how to take it apart, though. I would never have guessed the top deck was screwed on to the center assembly.

Do I wash just the tank, or the tank, top deck, and top cap? I was thinking about washing everything out, because there's machine oil on the top cap too. Oh yeah, first thing I did was drill that out to 1/16". That's something else the YT video suggested.

I was surprised that it came with extra mesh and kanthal. I have 500x500 mesh, silica wick and 32AWG A1 kanthal that came in a separate order. The pre-installed mesh is already oxidized. Is it worth giving a try, or should I wrap my own before my first vape? I did notice that it was mesh wrapped around silica, too. Is that normal?

If I'm to make my own wick, would you suggest I give SS a try first, or the silica? I was wondering about the oxidation process. Some douchebag stole my blowtorch when they were renovating my parents' house, so I don't have a quality torch handy. Am I ok going to CVS/Walgreens and buying one of those jet lighters that kicks out a blue flame? Will that do the job well? Also, I don't have PG or VG lying around, so can I even oxidize th wick properly without that?

Lastly, does the silica wick need prep work like the mesh does? I'd like to put this atty through its paces tonight, if possible. PEACE.

You can use those butane lighters, it will just take longer

you want to wash all the pieces just to be on the safe side

i'd also use their mesh for starters. get some use out of it before you roll your own.

you can use an e-liquid to help the oxidation process. get it wet, light it, and let itself burn off and put itself out. i do it like 3 to 5 times

Top Bottom