• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Chopper

Yeah, I keep an RDA in my pocket all the time. It doesn't leak, cos there's never enough juice in it for that. If it leaks, you're dripping too much at a time, and you'll kill your coil in no time.

And as far as wick recommendations go, I use silica wick, cos cotton tastes like ass when it burns. Using "balls" sounds like a nightmare too.

Do you roll out the balls, or what? I've never seen people use balls.

the ones im currently using are very easy to unravel. the fibers seem very stringy, if that makes sense, so it makes it very easy to use as a wick.

if you are into RDAs i'd highly recommend trying it out. I can't imagine using anything in a dripper

Chopper

the ones im currently using are very easy to unravel. the fibers seem very stringy, if that makes sense, so it makes it very easy to use as a wick.

if you are into RDAs i'd highly recommend trying it out. I can't imagine using anything in a dripper
Would it be possile for you to post a picture of what you're talking about?

Would it be possile for you to post a picture of what you're talking about?

are you talking about the cotton ball unraveling process?

or my dripper with cotton wicks?

or both?

i could find pictures currently of other who do the same, but all i have with me at work today is my provari V2 and my kayfun 3.1. I could do something more detailed tonight if you would like

Chopper

are you talking about the cotton ball unraveling process?

or my dripper with cotton wicks?

or both?

i could find pictures currently of other who do the same, but all i have with me at work today is my provari V2 and my kayfun 3.1. I could do something more detailed tonight if you would like
I've never really considered actually purchasing a Kayfun, but it does seem like the logical next step. I don't know a huge amount about how you build it, so any pictures of your build that might give me a better idea of what's going on would be gratefully received!

I've never really considered actually purchasing a Kayfun, but it does seem like the logical next step. I don't know a huge amount about how you build it, so any pictures of your build that might give me a better idea of what's going on would be gratefully received!

ah, i gotcha

i'm sure i'll change flavors again when I get home. do you want pics of the wrapping process (coil), the wicking process (with the cotton) or just the final phase (completely coil + wick before juice)

i could do a final build (new wick+ coil) and a pic with it firing and creating vapor as well

if you do happen to get a kayfun i wouldn't mind walking you through the entire process with pics.

since you have a dripper, get some cotton balls and I could do the same with an RDA.

do you have a torch and kanthal?

btw kayfuns are extremely easy to build. easier than an RDA

Chopper

ah, i gotcha

i'm sure i'll change flavors again when I get home. do you want pics of the wrapping process (coil), the wicking process (with the cotton) or just the final phase (completely coil + wick before juice)

i could do a final build (new wick+ coil) and a pic with it firing and creating vapor as well

if you do happen to get a kayfun i wouldn't mind walking you through the entire process with pics.

since you have a dripper, get some cotton balls and I could do the same with an RDA.

do you have a torch and kanthal?

btw kayfuns are extremely easy to build. easier than an RDA
Basically, if you can show me "how this works", that'd be great. I'd like to be able to weigh up the benefits and drawbacks of such a device, but don't fully understand its mechanics.

And I have kanthal, but use the gas hob rather than a torch. Would love to see what other options I have with my RDA. I use a very simplistic setup, largely due to laziness.

Basically, if you can show me "how this works", that'd be great. I'd like to be able to weigh up the benefits and drawbacks of such a device, but don't fully understand its mechanics.

And I have kanthal, but use the gas hob rather than a torch. Would love to see what other options I have with my RDA. I use a very simplistic setup, largely due to laziness.

are you talking about how the kayfun works and wanting to know more about it with illustrations?

i assume you are fairly proficient with your RDA

Chopper

are you talking about how the kayfun works and wanting to know more about it with illustrations?

i assume you are fairly proficient with your RDA
More or less. It looks like an upside down genny!

And I'm as proficient as I need to be in order to be able to build a basic low-resistance wick for my Clockworks.

think of a kayfun like a glorified protank

it's a bottom-feeding system where a vacuum is created upon closing and filling the device. as you inhale, it creates negative pressure pulling juice into the chamber, into the wick, and ultimately to your coil.

its a ton of parts, but it's not hard to put together or setup.

the 3.1 has an air hole, an airflow control, and a fill hole that can work like a juice control as well

http://www.meshweaver.com/temp/vaping/SVOEMESTO_KAYFUN_v3.1ES_USER_MANUAL.pdf

here's a link to the manual. if everything doesn't make sense i wouldn't worry too much about it

coiling a kayfun is very easy

fasttech has kayfun 3.1 clones for $22 right now and KFL clones for $26

the KFL is really a clone of a clone (clone of the russian 91%). both devices are fantastic. these are the tobecco clones if you want to learn more about them

Chopper

fasttech has kayfun 3.1 clones for $22 right now and KFL clones for $26

the KFL is really a clone of a clone (clone of the russian 91%). both devices are fantastic. these are the tobecco clones if you want to learn more about them
Any real reason not to get one of these, as opposed to the real thing?

Any real reason not to get one of these, as opposed to the real thing?

absolutely no reason not to get one

even people with the real ones buy them

obviously there will be a slight difference in quality, but ive heard many good things about them. the most common complaint is a whistle sound that you can fix with some modding. some live with it, some mod it.

I have the EHPro clone. I've never experienced any of the whistling through my device

the flavor on a properly setup kayfun is like using a dripper, but having the benefits of a tank system.

i'm waiting for the aqua clone to hit fasttech personally

Pete Rock

i'm waiting for the aqua clone to hit fasttech personally
Yup I think I'll scoop that and the Tobeco KFL clone when it drops. Then I'm done with new pickups until next year. Geared out, juiced out.

Pulse G going hard after running a tank thru it followed by a dry burn. I said goddamn, dual wicks in a genny ftw!

Vodh

I've just switched around a month ago, and I'm using cheap disposable tanks. They last me about 2 weeks, or 10ml of liquid, after that I'm getting a nasty burned taste out of them. Is this normal (I know they generally do that, I'm asking more if the time/amount of liquid they last for is within expected boundaries?) and do the more expensive ones last for longer? Is replacing the wicks as much of a mess and a pain in the ass as it sounds?

I've just switched around a month ago, and I'm using cheap disposable tanks. They last me about 2 weeks, or 10ml of liquid, after that I'm getting a nasty burned taste out of them. Is this normal (I know they generally do that, I'm asking more if the time/amount of liquid they last for is within expected boundaries?) and do the more expensive ones last for longer? Is replacing the wicks as much of a mess and a pain in the ass as it sounds?

sounds like you're using carto tanks. you can change out the wick and add more e-juice, but i guess it depends how cheap you're getting them in the first place

the amount of time 10mL lasts anyone is going to be completely dependent on your vaping habits, as well as the atomizer you are vaping it in, and at what voltage you vape at.

i wouldn't expect more expensive tanks to make your juice last longer. if anything, the better the flavor and vapor out of one of my atomizers, the more i vape lol

Vodh

sounds like you're using carto tanks. you can change out the wick and add more e-juice, but i guess it depends how cheap you're getting them in the first place

the amount of time 10mL lasts anyone is going to be completely dependent on your vaping habits, as well as the atomizer you are vaping it in, and at what voltage you vape at.

i wouldn't expect more expensive tanks to make your juice last longer. if anything, the better the flavor and vapor out of one of my atomizers, the more i vape lol

Nah I'm not looking for a magic tank that will make 10ml last me a year.

What I'm looking for is a tank that will last for more than 10ml of liquid before the wick burning out. I'm currently using this:

http://empvap.com/shop/disposable/ce4-2/

They have a shop near me, so if anyone would care to look at what they offer and recommend something it'd be much appreciated :)

Vodh

Thanks, grabbed the evod, they have some cheap replacement wicks so it looks like that's exactly what I've been looking for :)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I ended up ordering this Ego Twist kit on Cyber Monday when they had a good deal on it. Got it in the mail today and...hooooly shit. So good.

This is supposed to be a rather entry level vape setup too nowadays, yeah? Honestly not seeing how things could get much better than this, though I guess I need time to forget how much better it is than the old-ass 801 I was using until only a few hours ago, hah.

Only downside so far is the battery is too big to fit in my case I use to carry around my vape stuff. Guess I'll end up getting a 650 mah to take when I'm out and about.

So I ended up ordering this Ego Twist kit on Cyber Monday when they had a good deal on it. Got it in the mail today and...hooooly shit. So good.

This is supposed to be a rather entry level vape setup too nowadays, yeah? Honestly not seeing how things could get much better than this, though I guess I need time to forget how much better it is than the old-ass 801 I was using until only a few hours ago, hah.

Only downside so far is the battery is too big to fit in my case I use to carry around my vape stuff. Guess I'll end up getting a 650 mah to take when I'm out and about.

It doesn't get much better than an Ego C Twist and an EVOD.

I wouldn't say it gets "better" when you get into Rebuildables, but it definitely gets "different" and enjoyable at the same time.

But as far as: Fill this, screw it on, throw it in your pocket, go about your day. No, i haven't come across anything that does it better than an Ego C Twist and an EVOD.

i would definitely disagree Red, but I suppose the level at which your vape increases is completely subjective.

i know after starting on an eGo twist and a protank, my vape experience improved. my brother started in the same fashion. after showing him my kayfun he's planning to upgrade as well

i'd say when you start building coils, it really allows you to tailor your vape to your own preference. i love micro coils + cotton

i would definitely disagree Red, but I suppose the level at which your vape increases is completely subjective.

i know after starting on an eGo twist and a protank, my vape experience improved. my brother started in the same fashion. after showing him my kayfun he's planning to upgrade as well

i'd say when you start building coils, it really allows you to tailor your vape to your own preference. i love micro coils + cotton

I haven't tried the Kayfun yet, it should be here in the next day or two. And I'm sure I'm going to have another "WOW" moment when I set it up for the first time.

I do really enjoy my mechs and micro-coils. When I'm home all I vape is my mech with a micro-coil'ed IGO-W with cotton balls. I've even gone through phases where I bring it to work with me and vape it exclusively for a week or two. But whenever I load up a fresh EVOD and throw it on an Ego C-Twist and throw it in my pocket and take it out and about with me, it just wows me how well it performs and for ZERO maintenance.

I guess my explanation of "It doesn't get much better than an EVOD and Ego C Twist" is taking into considering EVERYTHING. And by everything I mean: Portability, Size, Ease of use, Ease of rebuilding (it aces this one since its a matter of screwing on a new head), vapor production, throat hit, juice capacity, etc.

provari mini has arrived!

yayuh!

boba's bounty 100mL arrived today, provided my mailbox wasn't blocked by my neighbor.

i didn't realize how important it is to clean your battery contacts. had a problem trying to get these brass center posts in my 2 provaris clean. used some glass/ceramic cleaner on them and they look almost new again. highly recommend doing that

provari mini has arrived!

yayuh!

boba's bounty 100mL arrived today, provided my mailbox wasn't blocked by my neighbor.

i didn't realize how important it is to clean your battery contacts. had a problem trying to get these brass center posts in my 2 provaris clean. used some glass/ceramic cleaner on them and they look almost new again. highly recommend doing that

Where did you get the provari from?

I sold mine a few months ago. I mean they HAVE to be coming out with a new one soon, right? Its so out-dated.

i got both of them used from the classifieds (ECF)

probably selling my SVD to my brother today

if they update the provari (if/when) they need to give it a floating or adjustable pin. no idea why they haven't yet

Got my order in from Mountain Oak Vapor today.

Damn those eye-drop tops are annoying as hell.

I've only tried Strawberry Brûlee and its great so far. EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Something smooth and relaxing. The brûlée hits first and then the strawberry on the exhale. I kind of wish it was a little more even but thats fine. I'm really enjoying it.

Got it on a Smoktech Natural with a 29 gauge, 4-wrap, 1.2ohm, cotton ball, IGO-W (with IGO-L top-cap)

And they make 9mg which is the exact mg I love!

Pete Rock

I pretty much am to the point where every morning I pull the tank fluid with a syringe and dry burn both coils and the RBA hits like a fresh build each time. I used to only do this when the buildup made it too junky to produce high quantity tasty vapor, but I think what ended up happening was some of the gunk would build up underneath the lowest coil so it wouldn't be burned off during this process, and would continue to inhibit the wicking properties of the ekowool, so the "clean" length underneath the coil didn't really matter. I would let it go to the point where I even observed some of it creep down into the fluid once or twice before a rebuild. So far I've burned off this dual wick setup once a day for a week now and it is performing much better overall and I expect it to last about two weeks instead of just one. I think a VV device makes this a lot easier than an unregulated mech, as I run it at 3.8V but only really get it to burn off rapidly at 4.8V.

if they update the provari (if/when) they need to give it a floating or adjustable pin. no idea why they haven't yet
Agreed, I was really interested to see their updates but both of them this year were lame. "Stay tuned!" they said, and proceed to release a Zombie edition which was totally weak cash in on current trends, and the last update was just some awful infomercial type video with a goofy chick casting sultry glances while taking two or three lame puffs off a protank and explaining absolutely nothing other than basic functionality. Zzz...

Joe

Any help?

I bought an iclear16 to use on my MVP but it doesn't work. I get no vapor, and the ohm reading is "non.

same results on my friends working iclear16, and a few other kanger t3s.

i cleaned the contacts as well and no change.

TheExodu5

Banned
Any help?

I bought an iclear16 to use on my MVP but it doesn't work. I get no vapor, and the ohm reading is "non.

Try prodding out the connector on the iClear.

Any help?

My MVPv2 has been finicky. Some stuff doesn't fire. If you notice that when it says "NON" and you wiggle the carto around it will show your resistance.

Try giving it an extra tight turn down to get it closer to the pin and make sure everything is clean.

And like Exodu5 said, try prodding out the connector a little

Both of my Kanger MT3s died at the same time and in the same way.

I finished all the juice in them, refilled them with a fresh batch and then WAMM. Taste like absolute burnt/stingy/sour shit. Not sure I'll buy replacement heads. I might just buy more EVODs or try a new carto.

On another note, my Kayfun shipment hasn't updated from "Processed through our Jamaica, NY facility and is en route to destination" on Dec. 2

It SHOULD be here today, even though the tracking hasn't updated. I'm starting to panic.

I'm in New Jersey.

Husker86

Both of my Kanger MT3s died at the same time and in the same way.

I finished all the juice in them, refilled them with a fresh batch and then WAMM. Taste like absolute burnt/stingy/sour shit. Not sure I'll buy replacement heads. I might just buy more EVODs or try a new carto.

On another note, my Kayfun shipment hasn't updated from "Processed through our Jamaica, NY facility and is en route to destination" on Dec. 2

It SHOULD be here today, even though the tracking hasn't updated. I'm starting to panic.

I'm in New Jersey.

I have a T3 and after it sits for a while I get a few good puffs, then it tastes burnt. It has happened on 3 brand new heads.

Luckily, I use my EVODs (with SS wick) mostly. Even on those, standard wicks just taste like shit to me half the time. Sometimes a head will last a week or two and be good, but the burning taste is always around the corner.

Downside to the SS wicks I make is that when the tank gets low it usually leaks, which sucks.

Joe

Try prodding out the connector on the iClear.

My MVPv2 has been finicky. Some stuff doesn't fire. If you notice that when it says "NON" and you wiggle the carto around it will show your resistance.

Try giving it an extra tight turn down to get it closer to the pin and make sure everything is clean.

And like Exodu5 said, try prodding out the connector a little
thanks guys. when you say prod out the connector on the tank do you mean the center cylinder or the outer right around it?

also, tightening it did nothing. i even got a "non" reading on my iclear30 recently but only happened once :(

I guess my explanation of "It doesn't get much better than an EVOD and Ego C Twist" is taking into considering EVERYTHING. And by everything I mean: Portability, Size, Ease of use, Ease of rebuilding (it aces this one since its a matter of screwing on a new head), vapor production, throat hit, juice capacity, etc.

I got an Innokin iTaste VV v3 last week and I'd say it has beat the Ego Twist as my go-to small, portable battery. It's pretty much the same size with higher range VV plus variable wattage, battery life indicator, ohms resistance detection and it charges via Micro USB which works as a passthrough. It's incredibly feature packed for its size.

I got an Innokin iTaste VV v3 last week and I'd say it has beat the Ego Twist as my go-to small, portable battery. It's pretty much the same size with higher range VV plus variable wattage, battery life indicator, ohms resistance detection and it charges via Micro USB which works as a passthrough. It's incredibly feature packed for its size.

I've been meaning to get one of those!

Can you post a size comparison between it and your C twist

I might have to grab one of these. I've really been tempted to get a VV/VW mod (Zmax/Vamo/etc..) but I've been hesitant due to concerns about the batteries they use. This sounds like a nice middle ground.

I've been meaning to get one of those!

Can you post a size comparison between it and your C twist

Sure

0H5jwKG.jpg

That Ego Twist is 1100mah, the iTaste VV is 800.

DaFish

She has arrived.

Filled with gorilla juice. Way too harsh with airflow screw closed. Hitting nice now.

This thing is heavy as hell. Very well built.
Love it

also, sometimes when using a think juice I will put my finger on the air hole and give it a pull to get some juice in the chamber (you will see a big bubble form then you know you are good to go)

is that the kayfun 3.1 or KFL clone?

fasttech?

got my 100mL of Boba's Bounty. OMG, nothing comes close to this that i've tasted thus far. I never want to run out of this juice.

It's a legit KFL+ from cloud 9.

Boba's is the shit.

awesome! how much did it run you?

i'd like to find out how these H Cigar clones compare to the EH clone i have (3.1)

I would prefer a lite personally as i don't have a tapered tip that can fill a kayfun 3.1 properly. I'm reduced to filling from the top which means I always have to clear out the chamber (hold upside down, blow through the drip tip)

awesome! how much did it run you?

i'd like to find out how these H Cigar clones compare to the EH clone i have (3.1)

I would prefer a lite personally as i don't have a tapered tip that can fill a kayfun 3.1 properly. I'm reduced to filling from the top which means I always have to clear out the chamber (hold upside down, blow through the drip tip)

$108.57 with shipping.

They would go up on the ECF Classifieds for $90-$95 and sell immediately

Top Bottom