• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Rizific

noob question about my ego twist. does leaving it "on" drain my battery at all? or does it only draw power while the button is held down? would it be better if i turned it off if i wouldnt be using it for a while such as overnight?

DaFish

noob question about my ego twist. does leaving it "on" drain my battery at all? or does it only draw power while the button is held down? would it be better if i turned it off if i wouldnt be using it for a while such as overnight?

leaving it "on" does not drain the batt.

Metallic Taste : Defeated!

I soaked my kayfun in gasoline for 45 minutes, then 99% alcohol for 1 hour, then in a sink full of dawn and hot water for 4 hours.

i think my bobas is fucked, but my wife said she'll still vape it. i'm ordering more tomorrow and trying to put this thing behind me.

i'll most likely give the guy negative feedback

Metallic Taste : Defeated!

I soaked my kayfun in gasoline for 45 minutes, then 99% alcohol for 1 hour, then in a sink full of dawn and hot water for 4 hours.

i think my bobas is fucked, but my wife said she'll still vape it. i'm ordering more tomorrow and trying to put this thing behind me.

i'll most likely give the guy negative feedback

Glad you got it worked out.

AVE is doing 15% off starting Dec. 23rd - Jan 4th.

I'm gonna stock up on Gorilla Juice and try one or two more flavors.

yea, but...

i thought that started the 24th. well, if so, im ordering more today

i wanna try gorilla juice but ive had a bad experience with bananas

i did order custards last stand and creme brulee from nicoticket last night.

i need to get some other cheaper juices as I can't stand ANYTHING in my vape drawer right now

Yea, you're right. It starts today.

Instead of 100mL, i think i'm order 3 x 30mL. Ordering 100mL bottle really doesn't save you much of any money

do you think i should order 3x Boba's or 2x + 1x Gorilla?

Yea, you're right. It starts today.

Instead of 100mL, i think i'm order 3 x 30mL. Ordering 100mL bottle really doesn't save you much of any money

do you think i should order 3x Boba's or 2x + 1x Gorilla?

Get 1x Gorilla.

The banana is not very strong at all, it really is there just to lighten up the end of the inhale.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Thanks for the heads up, it's about time for me to restock Gorilla Juice. Just in time.

Going to order my first proper e-cig from totallywicked can somebody that has a good opinion help me out?

I have about £40 max & my partner will be pissed if I spend more soon,

what should I buy?

my brother said he has the Titan but said I should get the Tornado,

can u advice me somewhat exactly what you would recommend I get now overall?

btw although I may somewhat need to chain inhale, its rare I leave home, so charging daily is no big deal.

Also although besides the point,
I haven't smoked weed in over 8 years & I believe I may have been a cannabis connoisseur,
so to have had a shitty pipe would have hurt me as I cared about my paraphernalia
so although I have a budget, I don't want to regret my future purchase.

Just bought a trident v2 clone for $38 off of ebay. Hopefully it's pretty sweet as my first trident v1 clone i got was nice and i sold it to my brother but the second one i got is pretty terrible and unusable IMO

I did get my nicoticket order in the mail. the Custard's Last Stand is growing on me. I only expect it to improve in the coming weeks.

Haven't tried the Creme Brulee yet. I'm waiting for the weekend.

Gorilla Juice is supposed to arrive tomorrow with more Boba's Bounty

Going to order my first proper e-cig from totallywicked can somebody that has a good opinion help me out?

I have about £40 max & my partner will be pissed if I spend more soon,

what should I buy?

my brother said he has the Titan but said I should get the Tornado,

can u advice me somewhat exactly what you would recommend I get now overall?

btw although I may somewhat need to chain inhale, its rare I leave home, so charging daily is no big deal.

Also although besides the point,
I haven't smoked weed in over 8 years & I believe I may have been a cannabis connoisseur,
so to have had a shitty pipe would have hurt me as I cared about my paraphernalia
so although I have a budget, I don't want to regret my future purchase.

If you absolutely have to buy from that site, then the Tornado kit will have the better battery. It's an Ego-clone and those are typically dependable. The Titan is a pen-style and the battery will be weaker and not last as long between charges. The Tornado's cartridge system looks like an older Ego-C(maybe?) cartridge style. Not the greatest but should do just fine as a starter.

I would suggest upgrading that at some point with a BCC (Bottom Coil Clearo) style tank. Should be better performance. Glancing around the site it looks like everything there are basically their own branded clones of other types of equipment, so I couldn't guess how good the quality of the builds would be, but if the build quality is fine then it should do well for a starter kit.

do u suggest this one for £26.99?

I believe these are not actually clones or am I wrong?

I usually assume anything that doesn't have the original brand name on the product itself as being a clone. eGo is a brand but it's name is often used to describe the type of design a battery has so it gets tricky. Being a clone doesn't mean that it will necessarily be bad. I actually preferred the performance from my Vision Spinner eGo clone over my authentic eGo Twist for example. Sometimes though, clones can have lower build quality and since I'm unfamiliar with that site and it's products, I can't vouch for it's quality. Maybe someone from the UK might be more familiar with them though and could tell you for sure. They could very well be fine though. Just wanted you to be aware.

Wallach

Any good coupons from a decent e-liquid site? Been buying from ECBlends but they take forever to ship.

Apollo's juice is 30% off w/ XMAS30, but I think that sale ends today. Some of their older juices are from before they hired their new chemist guys, so they're kinda bleh (except the RY4) but the newer stuff is pretty good. Watermelon, Cherry Limeade, Baja Burst and RY4 are what I typically get from them. One of the only other places I order from besides GLV anymore.

I don't know if I'm totally sold on cotton yet compared to silica. I've been rebuilding Protank coils with cotton for a couple of weeks, and the flavor has been pretty good, but yesterday I put in a stock Protank head for a change of pace and to just use it, and the flavor of AiV Blueberry Cheesecake was spot on and smooth. Now trying the same liquid with a 10 wrap 30Ga cotton coil and so far it's just not as good. Maybe my builds aren't good, I don't know.

Maybe the almighty cotton is overrated, oh snap.

edit: Maybe Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn isn't as good as cotton balls. Haven't tried them. Even in my IGO-L, with the yarn I get pretty good flavor but nothing amazing or anything.

daw840

Any good coupons from a decent e-liquid site? Been buying from ECBlends but they take forever to ship.

Man....I used to like that ECBlend site but their quality seems crappy to me compared to some other sites.

I would recommend either Backwoods Brew or Roar Vapor. Check em out.

Pete Rock

Maybe the almighty cotton is overrated, oh snap.
I'm kind of an odd-man out on this but I've never liked SS mesh and I've always preferred 1mm ekowool doubled over and pulled thru a prewrapped/torched coil in my gennies. Tried cotton once, wasn't worth the hassle in my opinion, probably won't build with it again. No noticeable flavor improvement and if you get a dry hit it basically scorches the cotton material and makes it worthless. Thumbs down. Maybe it's great for drippers but I will never know as that's not my game.

I've been rocking the Kraken clone pretty hard lately and the only thing it lacks is an adjustable center pin, doesn't sit flush on the ProVari. Probably time to dig out my old V1 Kicks and throw one in my Chi-You clone and leave it setup for that mod, as it has an adjustable center pin built in to the 510 top cap and it looks totally sick paired, both being polished stainless steel.

Ordered one of those Aqua clones from 101 for $30, pretty excited to see how it performs as I never sprang on the KayFun and the FoggerV2 I have is very similar in design and not really that impressive. I've transitioned to really enjoying Dual Coil builds now, seems that if I hit ~1.5 ohms I can run them at 4V+ and get great vapes all day. They are easy to dry burn on the gennies to keep the lifespan going for an extra 10 days or so before a total rebuild. Probably won't be the case with the Aqua without disassembling it down to the bare deck and dry burning from there, so that's the only downside I see initially. Hopefully it makes up for that in performance.

I won't be using anything BUT cotton tbh. So easy to work with, cheap, and tastes amazing.

You definitely wouldn't want to use it in a genny style atomizer.

Works fantastic in a kayfun or RDA

Acid08

Banned
Apollo's juice is 30% off w/ XMAS30, but I think that sale ends today. Some of their older juices are from before they hired their new chemist guys, so they're kinda bleh (except the RY4) but the newer stuff is pretty good. Watermelon, Cherry Limeade, Baja Burst and RY4 are what I typically get from them. One of the only other places I order from besides GLV anymore.
Thanks, ordered a couple liquids from them and the coupon code worked. They're actually pretty local too, maybe 35 miles away. Should stop by their store sometime.

Rizific

came home today with a nemesis clone and kayfun clone. my coil was built at the shop and is at 0.6ohm. first issue, im getting that metallic taste. from my understanding, you are supposed to heat the wire before making the coil to avoid getting the metallic taste. he didnt do that, but when he was pulsing it, it did glow from the middle and radiating out. do i need to build a new coil? which brings me to me second issue, its too hot. on my ego twist and protank, i find 4volts with a 1.8ohm head to be the spot for me. i understand that these batteries put out 3.7volts so would i be right in assuming that the resistance i should aim for when making a coil would be around the same or lower than the 1.8ohms in the pro tank heads?

Pete Rock

Hope they sold you a protected battery with a high amp rating to go along with that sub ohm build. Did they make you sign a waiver for it? They probably should have... lol

If I were you I'd scrap that mess and rebuild it with a microcoil at 1.8-2.2 ohms that you are already comfortable with. If I am running a single coil that's always where I like to end up so I don't blame you for finding the current situation to be unacceptable.

I have heard people say you don't need to torch anything other than silica wick but that always sounded like bullshit to me, I'd rather have everything white/red hot sterilized before I ever inhale anything off of it.

If you meant that you intended to rebuild explicitly for the mech mod, then yes 1.8ohms would be better than 2.2, as the output will drop very quickly and be more in the 3.5-3.8 range for a longer period rather than 4. Sometimes I take batteries of the charger in the morning and they are at 4 instead of 4.2 just by sitting around all day by themselves.

Rizific

Hope they sold you a protected battery with a high amp rating to go along with that sub ohm build. Did they make you sign a waiver for it? They probably should have... lol

If I were you I'd scrap that mess and rebuild it with a microcoil at 1.8-2.2 ohms that you are already comfortable with. If I am running a single coil that's always where I like to end up so I don't blame you for finding the current situation to be unacceptable.

I have heard people say you don't need to torch anything other than silica wick but that always sounded like bullshit to me, I'd rather have everything white/red hot sterilized before I ever inhale anything off of it.

If you meant that you intended to rebuild explicitly for the mech mod, then yes 1.8ohms would be better than 2.2, as the output will drop very quickly and be more in the 3.5-3.8 range for a longer period rather than 4. Sometimes I take batteries of the charger in the morning and they are at 4 instead of 4.2 just by sitting around all day by themselves.

heres the battery they gave me

idk if thats protected or not? so just scrap this coil all together? thing is, i dont have an ohm reader. and i also only have the wire that came with my kayfun. im confident enough to build my own, its just that i dont have an ohm reader.

Broseybrose

heres the battery they gave me

idk if thats protected or not? so just scrap this coil all together? thing is, i dont have an ohm reader. and i also only have the wire that came with my kayfun. im confident enough to build my own, its just that i dont have an ohm reader.

Rest easy that is one of the best batteries on the market for sub-ohm / high-amp-draw builds. These are what I use in my mechs.

Pick up a Vamo V5 for $30 at FT, its a VV/VW APV with built in ohm meter.

am_dragon

Fasttech is a long wait for a coil rebuild. You can get an ohm meter for 510 connections for $10 on Fasttech or go with the Vamo. I've seen a couple shops that carry the 510 connection ohm meters for around $20. That's not much for a whole lot of peace of mind.

I'd just take it back to the shop and tell them it's a bit to hot for you. See if they and build a coil at 1.5 or higher. I have a dual coil IGO-W that's at 1.3ohms right now, and it's fairly warm.

Rizific

Rest easy that is one of the best batteries on the market for sub-ohm / high-amp-draw builds. These are what I use in my mechs.

Pick up a Vamo V5 for $30 at FT, its a VV/VW APV with built in ohm meter.

Fasttech is a long wait for a coil rebuild. You can get an ohm meter for 510 connections for $10 on Fasttech or go with the Vamo. I've seen a couple shops that carry the 510 connection ohm meters for around $20. That's not much for a whole lot of peace of mind.

I'd just take it back to the shop and tell them it's a bit to hot for you. See if they and build a coil at 1.5 or higher. I have a dual coil IGO-W that's at 1.3ohms right now, and it's fairly warm.
thanks for the help guys. ill take it back tomorrow and have them rebuild it. ill probably pick up an ohm reader, coil, and cotton while im at it. ive got a friend with a vamo that will let me use it since he no longer uses it.

Wallach

Got my juice from Apollo today, the Baja Blast flavor is quite nice.

Yeah, that was the first one I got from them and what convinced me to try some of their other stuff. I just like how their citrus-y stuff doesn't tear up your mouth like some others. What other ones did you get?

I've tried a few from Apollo. For the dirt-cheap price I was impressed with the liquids.

But their 12mg is really strong for me, stronger than other companies 12mg.

I've tried.

Grape - 7.5/10
Baja Blast - 8/10
Mixed Berry - 7/10
Kona coffee thing - 5/10

Wallach

Haven't tried the Kona coffee but I tried the Cappuccino and didn't like it. Then again I have yet to enjoy a coffee flavored vape.

Cherry limeade is their best liquid, I think. That and their RY4 are my regulars from them; I don't think I'll get the Watermelon again for a while. I've been enjoying it less and less each time I go back to it for some reason.

I got Moots Juice, Cartomator Crush, and Hippie Blend from Namber a few weeks ago and these juices burn up in my EVOD. I dont understand it. At 2.0ohm head, if I crank it past 4.0v it will just burn up. This didn't happen with their Glacier Banana that I've been vaping for months.

I wont be ordering from them for a while.

I have TONS of juice, and still have the itch to try more vendors. I think I'm gonna throw together a random lot of juices and try to sell them on ECF (I did this about 6 months ago and got like $30.)

DietRob

Anyone have impressions on Kanger Protank 2?

I've been a drip tip guy for a long time but I'm getting a bit tired of the mess and having to drip every few minutes. However, I haven't been able to find a tank that even comes close to the flavor and quality of hit that you get from a atty with a drip tip. I've been using these 1.5ohm atomizers forever. Am I going to find any tanks that can match or outperform?

I have a Protank 2 and I enjoy it but I doubt it performs anywhere near dripping. Granted I've never been a drip guy, just judging based on the impressions I've had from those that do.

Pete Rock

Just got my Aqua clone in from 101, looks great, really excited to give it a good soaking and scrub down and get a fresh build on it. The real question is what juice to break it in with, hmm choices! "Together best cooperation" lolol

As far as FastTech is concerned the only issue as of late is all batteries (including built-ins such as egos) and juices need to be shipped through Singapore post, otherwise they are getting rejected.

Found this out the hard way when my mid November order of 12x Ego-C Twists for my friends Christmas kits got roundabout fucked up and they ended up refunding me through PayPal. I have read of a few nightmares on ECF where the whole process ends up taking longer than the 45 day PP dispute period so they end up with store credit/gift certs instead of a refund. So now I have to re-order them and have been staring at 24 EVODS, 20 packs of replacement heads, 12 chargers and cases for 2 months. Fuuuuuu

Tuvoc

Anyone have impressions on Kanger Protank 2?

I've been a drip tip guy for a long time but I'm getting a bit tired of the mess and having to drip every few minutes. However, I haven't been able to find a tank that even comes close to the flavor and quality of hit that you get from a atty with a drip tip. I've been using these 1.5ohm atomizers forever. Am I going to find any tanks that can match or outperform?

You won't like the taste much with the Protank 2. It doesn't taste bad, there are just better options for flavor. The Protank 2 was the first tank I even bought, and I never use it anymore after getting a Dual Coil and then a Bottom Dual Coil.

DietRob

You won't like the taste much with the Protank 2. It doesn't taste bad, there are just better options for flavor. The Protank 2 was the first tank I even bought, and I never use it anymore after getting a Dual Coil and then a Bottom Dual Coil.

Eh, well I guess I'll give it to my wife if I don't like it. I ordered one off ebay because I had some throw away money in paypal account from selling a couple of games there. Can you link me to the bottom dual coil you are talking about?

I'm jealous you got an aqua clone. I wanna see that bad boy.

Super steeped my juices in my ultrasonic cleaner for a good 4 hours today. This week old gorilla juice is more like 4 week old gorilla juice now. The pungent smell of my nicoticket juices are finally coming into their own.

I highly recommend this to people to people that vape straight from the mail (like myself) instead of ordering extra they can sit on for a month.

DietRob

Super steeped my juices in my ultrasonic cleaner for a good 4 hours today. This week old gorilla juice is more like 4 week old gorilla juice now.

Month old gorilla juice is so Damn good. Made my 100ml refill order on the last day of the 15% sale.

am_dragon

Just got my Aqua clone in from 101, looks great, really excited to give it a good soaking and scrub down and get a fresh build on it. The real question is what juice to break it in with, hmm choices! "Together best cooperation" lolol

I'm really interested in this as well. I just got a Kayfun Lite Clone from Fasttech so it's a ToBeCo. I like it, and it is a great vape now, but it took some work to get it in a satisfactory state.

The thing whistled like crazy on any type of draw. I had to take out the center post, drill the air hole with a bit that fit inside the hole. This cleaned out the air hole, then I used a Dremel to bevel the edge of the air hole. Finally I had to add plumbers tape to the threads on the clear tank because it would not say threaded to the top and bottom piece without it. There is also a clear ring around one of the metal sections so I either need to polish it or turn it into a brushed.

jWIR1h5l.jpg

Top Bottom