• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

$108.57 with shipping.

They would go up on the ECF Classifieds for $90-$95 and sell immediately

might as well buy new with that price.

im extremely impressed with this EHPro clone and confident it would stack up against the real thing

i personally like the look of the russian 91% (brushed?)

really need to get another. this one is putting in a way too much work

might as well buy new with that price.

im extremely impressed with this EHPro clone and confident it would stack up against the real thing

i personally like the look of the russian 91% (brushed?)

really need to get another. this one is putting in a way too much work

I agree about the look of the R91

Bussardo has a really good comparison video.

bought an Hcigar kayfun 3.1 clone. Anyone interested in me comparing this one to my Ehpro clone?

i didn't see one review on youtube for it or a comparison video

DaFish

Today's vape setup. (no clones)

Krack.jpg

I saw that Aqua clone but it sucks it's still on preorder. I'll wait till more people have them in hand and give their impressions before I purchase one.

Two things.

1.) So a guy who works in another store in my company, who I see every few months, was a very heavy smoker and one day I see him smoking Blu's. I start talking to him and hes trying to quit but he goes through Blu's really fast and its annoying. So I start to talk to him about what I use and stuff and I sent him some links. He said he is a heavy smoker so I recommended him a 900mah Ego C Twist and an EVOD. It takes me 2 days to go through a full EVOD and at least 2 days to go through a 650mah Ego C Twist, so I recommended him get the 900mah and told him they will last him all day. Well I saw him yesterday for the first time in months, he's doing good and loves this setup, but hot damn... he said he goes through (4) EVODs a day!! and the 900mah doesn't last him all day, he has to recharge it late in the day. I said DAMN. I can't imagine smoking that much.

2.) 4 days with the Kayfun Lite Pro and it truly is an amazing piece of machinery. It sits all day at home and I use it when I get home from work until I go to sleep. After 4 days (still on the same build/tank that I fist made 4 days ago since I only smoke it at home) and I haven't gotten anything close to what would amount to a bad/dry hit. Every puff long or short is consistantly great. Its like being that perfect coil in a dripper and getting a "perfect" session out of it that you never want it to end, but undoubtably after a few hours it starts to not perform as well.

I've build dripping setups that have given me a 10/10 vape but have only lasted a few hours or a night at home. I can honestly say that this Kayfun Lite Plus gives me a vape that is 8/10 to 10/10 EVERY SINGLE TIME. I really love it.

Now the only last on my wish list is a DNA20 mod. Opus D or the new Vapor DNA shark thing. But not for a while so I will do more research.

I have a Vision Spinner 1300 and it doesn't last me all day. Though I don't think it gets a full charge very often. I also probably refill my Protank 2 about 3-4 times a day maybe? I definitely vape heavily. I also use only 6mg nic though.

TheExodu5

Banned
Two things.

1.) So a guy who works in another store in my company, who I see every few months, was a very heavy smoker and one day I see him smoking Blu's. I start talking to him and hes trying to quit but he goes through Blu's really fast and its annoying. So I start to talk to him about what I use and stuff and I sent him some links. He said he is a heavy smoker so I recommended him a 900mah Ego C Twist and an EVOD. It takes me 2 days to go through a full EVOD and at least 2 days to go through a 650mah Ego C Twist, so I recommended him get the 900mah and told him they will last him all day. Well I saw him yesterday for the first time in months, he's doing good and loves this setup, but hot damn... he said he goes through (4) EVODs a day!! and the 900mah doesn't last him all day, he has to recharge it late in the day. I said DAMN. I can't imagine smoking that much.

2.) 4 days with the Kayfun Lite Pro and it truly is an amazing piece of machinery. It sits all day at home and I use it when I get home from work until I go to sleep. After 4 days (still on the same build/tank that I fist made 4 days ago since I only smoke it at home) and I haven't gotten anything close to what would amount to a bad/dry hit. Every puff long or short is consistantly great. Its like being that perfect coil in a dripper and getting a "perfect" session out of it that you never want it to end, but undoubtably after a few hours it starts to not perform as well.

I've build dripping setups that have given me a 10/10 vape but have only lasted a few hours or a night at home. I can honestly say that this Kayfun Lite Plus gives me a vape that is 8/10 to 10/10 EVERY SINGLE TIME. I really love it.

Now the only last on my wish list is a DNA20 mod. Opus D or the new Vapor DNA shark thing. But not for a while so I will do more research.

Depends how you vape. I go through a 3400mAh battery in nearly a day sometimes. I can go through anywhere from 2-6mls on some days. I vape very low nic, and I vape at 10W on my iClear 30, so I can go through liquid very quickly. I'm using it more like a hookah than a cigarette.

Pete Rock

There's a delivery guy at my work who always sarcastically says "having fun?" when dropping off packages, and yesterday he reeked like cigs. So I told him to give e-cigs a whirl as I pulled a big draw and blew a fat cloud off my setup. He says "oh I tried those, didn't like any of the flavors and they just didn't do it for me, I smoke too much". I said they have literally countless flavors in any nicotine strength you want, and it was enough to get me off a pack-a-day 10 year struggle with Marlboro Reds. He said the better models he looked at were too expensive, so I said "lung cancer isn't cheap and your life is priceless and irreplaceable". He rolls his eyes and says "well I did the research man, apparently you haven't looked it up, that stuff has the exact same ingredients as a cigarette and it is just as bad for you" as he walked out the door.

It reminded me of stopping at a gas station in the middle of nowhere in Utah at 4AM, made some small talk with the cashier about his ear-plugs which were shaped like old school boat anchors, apparently in tribute to his grandfather who was a sailor. Guy was all tatted up and looking pretty "hip", so I noticed as I was gassing up he came outside and stood by the front door and lit up. I should note it was cold as fuck out and it reminded me of struggling with the habit over the midwest winters. I asked him if he had ever tried an e-cig as I blew a fat cloud and he says "man I smoke a pack a day of reds, those things don't do shit for me". I said I had literally the exact same habit and started out with a really high nicotine strength of 24mg which isn't offered in Blus or cigalikes and he basically shouts back "I told you I TRIED THEM ALL THEY DON'T WORK FOR ME" as he stamps out his butt and goes back inside.

People are so ridiculous, I could only chuckle to myself in retort each time. RIP obstinate disinformed smoker bros :(

I guess I need to print out some of those CASAA cards so I can just hand them to people and walk away, then I don't even have to be looking at them when they crumple it up and throw it out, and we both save time getting in an "argument". There are multiple times in a day where I walk into a grocery store or somewhere that isn't a bar where you expect to see people outside puffing and the smell always makes me sick, and this would be perfect for those instances.

It's not like I'm walking up to overweight people at a buffet and saying "hey you should lift weights and eat clean and you'll lose weight and feel a lot better about yourself", but that's kind of what it feels like based on the responses I've received to trying to "help" someone see the light, or the vapor as it were. I'm not trying to sell you a shitty vacuum goddamnit!

A problem with analog smokers is that cigarettes have an identity to them. Heavy people don't have an identity that needs to be upheld by eating a lot or being heavy doesn't make them look cool, like smoking does.

Its not so prominent in entertainment now but there is still this "i'm cool cause I smoke cigarettes" vibe, especially guys with tats and plugs like your gas station guy.

Wallach

Apollo's cherry-limeade flavor came in yesterday and it's damn good. That new guy they hired this year really seems to have a knack for fruity/bright flavors. Still haven't found anything dark or rich that from Apollo that I thought was standout (their cappuccino and RY4 were okay but not re-orders), but I've got plenty of other stuff in that profile from other vendors like Good Life and Nitelite.

It really depends how bad you want to stop smoking I think in order to make a switch or just finding that one juice that will get people interested.

I couldn't get my mom to quit who has cancer pretty bad but I had gotten a friend and my brother to switch so that's always nice

The word of mouth misinformation is pretty dumb a lot of the time. My mum won't try them because a nurse told her that they give you a bad stomach. I told her that that didn't make any sense, that there are countless people who use them without stomach issues and that she probably got a bad stomach the day she tried one and stupidly thought there was a correlation. She said "She's a nurse, so she must know what she's talking about".

I had 1 cigarette last night when out drinking. Woke up with an incredibly dry throat and the most awful taste in my mouth. Used my e-cig to get the taste away lol.

Broseybrose

Anyone here a fan of Velvet Cloud Vapor? Their Burley Beard is the best Naturally Extracted Tobacco juice flavor Ive found in my 3+ years vaping. And with every order they always send me free a 15mL flavor sample of the same nic strength as my order. Last time it was Caramel Tobacco which Im still vaping, this time its Chocolate Pudding... which Im hesitant to even try :) I havent ever enjoyed a chocolate vape.

Anyway they are really cool juicemakers. And right now theyre having a seasonal special called Fruit Cup (Melon, Pear, Strawberry) which sounds so delish Im dying to try it!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'd really like to start making my own juice. I'm gonna have to start researching it. Doesn't seem like it would be really difficult to do as long as I had access to the various flavors I'd like to make. Before I jump in and start researching it anyone have any guides or links to get me started?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
There's a delivery guy at my work who always sarcastically says "having fun?" when dropping off packages, and yesterday he reeked like cigs. So I told him to give e-cigs a whirl as I pulled a big draw and blew a fat cloud off my setup. He says "oh I tried those, didn't like any of the flavors and they just didn't do it for me, I smoke too much". I said they have literally countless flavors in any nicotine strength you want, and it was enough to get me off a pack-a-day 10 year struggle with Marlboro Reds. He said the better models he looked at were too expensive, so I said "lung cancer isn't cheap and your life is priceless and irreplaceable". He rolls his eyes and says "well I did the research man, apparently you haven't looked it up, that stuff has the exact same ingredients as a cigarette and it is just as bad for you" as he walked out the door.

It reminded me of stopping at a gas station in the middle of nowhere in Utah at 4AM, made some small talk with the cashier about his ear-plugs which were shaped like old school boat anchors, apparently in tribute to his grandfather who was a sailor. Guy was all tatted up and looking pretty "hip", so I noticed as I was gassing up he came outside and stood by the front door and lit up. I should note it was cold as fuck out and it reminded me of struggling with the habit over the midwest winters. I asked him if he had ever tried an e-cig as I blew a fat cloud and he says "man I smoke a pack a day of reds, those things don't do shit for me". I said I had literally the exact same habit and started out with a really high nicotine strength of 24mg which isn't offered in Blus or cigalikes and he basically shouts back "I told you I TRIED THEM ALL THEY DON'T WORK FOR ME" as he stamps out his butt and goes back inside.

People are so ridiculous, I could only chuckle to myself in retort each time. RIP obstinate disinformed smoker bros :(

I guess I need to print out some of those CASAA cards so I can just hand them to people and walk away, then I don't even have to be looking at them when they crumple it up and throw it out, and we both save time getting in an "argument". There are multiple times in a day where I walk into a grocery store or somewhere that isn't a bar where you expect to see people outside puffing and the smell always makes me sick, and this would be perfect for those instances.

It's not like I'm walking up to overweight people at a buffet and saying "hey you should lift weights and eat clean and you'll lose weight and feel a lot better about yourself", but that's kind of what it feels like based on the responses I've received to trying to "help" someone see the light, or the vapor as it were. I'm not trying to sell you a shitty vacuum goddamnit!

Preaching ecigs too hard isn't a great idea unless you already know the person well enough. Doesn't seem like you were out of line with the gas station guy, but I can see why the first guy would've been annoyed.

Husker86

I'd really like to start making my own juice. I'm gonna have to start researching it. Doesn't seem like it would be really difficult to do as long as I had access to the various flavors I'd like to make. Before I jump in and start researching it anyone have any guides or links to get me started?

Get PG and VG from Amazon. I got flavor concentrates from http://vapingzone.com/product-list.php?DIY-Flavoring___E_Liquid_Flavoring-pg1-cid56.html and nicotine from there as well. I also got nicotine from somewhere else for a bit better price too but I forgot where it was.

It's soooo easy to make your own and costs about $2 to make 30mL. I spent about $50-60 back in February and haven't had to buy juice yet. I'm maybe 1/3 of the way through some supplies, about half through my PG.

am_dragon

A problem with analog smokers is that cigarettes have an identity to them. Heavy people don't have an identity that needs to be upheld by eating a lot or being heavy doesn't make them look cool, like smoking does.

Its not so prominent in entertainment now but there is still this "i'm cool cause I smoke cigarettes" vibe, especially guys with tats and plugs like your gas station guy.

I agree with this the identity thing, I read somewhere that smoking along with the nicotine addiction creates this very basic human reaction to "holding fire and breathing smoke". As far as not being as prominent I disagree, Mad Men takes smoking is cool to a new level. It's out there, if you watch for it you will see plenty of cigars and cigarettes still in movies and other media. I saw something that said from a random sampling of TV shows 40% of the episodes at least mentioned a tobacco product.

Rizific

going to be getting into this and subbed to the thread. is it safe to say that the OP still holds true today for the beginner?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Get PG and VG from Amazon. I got flavor concentrates from http://vapingzone.com/product-list.php?DIY-Flavoring___E_Liquid_Flavoring-pg1-cid56.html and nicotine from there as well. I also got nicotine from somewhere else for a bit better price too but I forgot where it was.

It's soooo easy to make your own and costs about $2 to make 30mL. I spent about $50-60 back in February and haven't had to buy juice yet. I'm maybe 1/3 of the way through some supplies, about half through my PG.

Niiice.. I'm going to wait until after the holidays to get started. Mind if I PM you in a few weeks if I have questions?

Rizific

Well, Id at least update "option 2" in the OP to reflect Hoosier's newer starter kits: V3 KGO 1300mAh EVOD Kit $46

I would recommend this starter kit to all new vapers. I use EVODs on my mods and I love them.

Seems Hoosier has a lot of new starter kits and theyre all great! Here's a VV kit for $10 less than the EVOD kit! HEC Smok Tech Brilliance V.V. Kit $36

thanks for the suggestions. im leaning towards option 1, the ego-c twist. i like the idea of variable voltage. since im just starting out, ill get to try different volts to see what id like the most. i noticed that brilliance kit is also variable voltage. man, so many choices.

thanks for the suggestions. im leaning towards option 1, the ego-c twist. i like the idea of variable voltage. since im just starting out, ill get to try different volts to see what id like the most. i noticed that brilliance kit is also variable voltage. man, so many choices.

There are tons of choices. Personally, I love the ego-c twist. Wish I had bought it first. EVOD's seems to be popular. There are lots of options. Just have to find out what works for you. Some good people in this thread, they will always give an answer if you ask.

Good vaping!!

Kayfun lite question :

My juice level is just at the bottom of the window. How much lower than the window do I got?

It took a hell of a long time just getting down to the window.

tino

Banned
I am trying to order some juice from http://www.mtbakervapor.com/
Do you guys have good experience with them?

I also want to try some new juice, so any recommendation is appreciated.

So far I have tried these generic juice from 2 vendors:

Coffee: this is my favorite, really thick and tasty vapor
Mocha: like coffee but a bit too sweet

Vanillna: I really like a prefilled cart I got for this favor. However the juice I got has preduced very thin and inconsistent vapor. The "cappuccino" I got gave me similar experience.

Mint: It's ok. I didn't care for minty cigarette either.

Mountain Clove: I don't know what it's supposed to be but this is some horrible shit.

I also got generic cigarette tastes: Mile 7, 555, etc. I didn't care for any of these. Before I tried e-cigarette I thought I would have emotional attachment to these tastes. But it turned out I only care about the quality of the vapor, but not the cigarette-like taste.

Pete Rock

A lot of folks here are big fans but I can't personally attest to their service or quality. Are you asking for favorites? Someone else might be able to help you pick a few that they really like based on your reviews.

Before I tried e-cigarette I thought I would have emotional attachment to these tastes. But it turned out I only care about the quality of the vapor, but not the cigarette-like taste.
For me that's the name of the game. I was really shocked to find how little I cared for replicating analog tastes and what I "imagined" would be good flavors. When it comes down to it I really like a lot of vapor of a flavor I can enjoy. I have heard/read from different reviewers that they "chase flavors" instead of clouds but I think finding that sweet spot for yourself is what really cements vaping as a permanent shift instead of a mild flirtation.

My HCigar kayfun clone arrived today. I must say, the threads are absolutely amazing compared to the EHPro clone ive been using.

After I washed all the parts with Dawn, i filled the tank up with bobas bounty and vaped. It was a disgusting metallic taste. I did this 3 more times before I bathed it in alcohol. It seemed to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, i think some of this "skunk" got into my main bottle of bobas bounty. I really hope it didn't cause me to waste $20.

Either way, I'll be getting a third kayfun clone, most likely an HCigar again. The brushed look is very similar to the Russian 91%

As far as favorite Mt Baker flavors, Root Beer Float and Pink Lemonade take those spots easily for me.

I've tried some flavors from them. First off, they will taste very powder-ey when you get them, they have to steep for at least a week, but ideally like two weeks (which really sucks.) At 12mg their throat hit is less than other vendors at 12mg

Pina Colada - Good flavor, a quick flavor punch in the beginning of the hit and not much afterwards.

Thug Juice - This one is great. I really love it and find little wrong with it.

Freckled Lemonade - Very good smooth lemonade flavor, long flavor profile.

Plum - Came free with my order. Gross.

Double Apple - eh. Its okay. Taste like a just-about-to-go-stale red delicious.

Banana Cream Pie - Nasty. Way too much pie-crust taste and not nearly enough banana.

Pete Rock

I've read about folks using baking soda to soak/shake parts in a tupperware to try and get them clean, otherwise if that doesn't work well you could try an ultrasonic cleaner, I've been thinking about getting one to dump all my tank parts into and leave it running while I'm away.

Setup a dual coil on the Pulse G that I didn't really like, ended up at the right ohms but I didn't balance something correctly because one coil would heat up 50% faster than the other. Which was kind of weird because I counted the wraps the same as last time. So I ripped out one and tried the reducer block. It's actually pretty nice!

Flavor and vapor finally coming thru decently. Got a tank full of Ben Johnson's Cream which is just astoundingly delicious. Oreo cream on the inhale and crunchy dark cookie on the exhale, holy fuck I love this. I am literally "inhaling" oreos without actually gaining any weight, muahaha the dream is real!

Here's my new favorite juice collection minus the usual JC Vanda which is out of rotation until I run out of Cream. This is what happens when you sit at an amazing juice bar for too long!

Alpha Vapes - entire lineup minus Baby Pigeon, which is The Dude with a slight hint of menthol. Usually don't like a menthol finish but it is the perfect mix, I would have scooped one but I bought their last 15ml for a lady friend. These are absolutely the best vaping pure fruity/sweet flavors I have ever sampled, had to get them all. Got my Z-Atty filled up with The Dude right now, it's like cracking open a can of pineapple juice and eating a fresh mango slice with it at the same time. Goddamn. I'd say second goes to Miss White which is a passion fruit tea kind of ordeal that is super chill, but they are all amazing.

Mastermind - Conjure: a little sweet for me, rasp/blueberry, kind of like a razz blow pop, took me a while to go thru most of this but it's a nice treat. Picked it up about six months ago at the same spot, probably won't grab it again, it is almost saccharin sweet like a candy instead of a fruit.

BJ - Cream & Snicklefritz - ughhhh sogood

GQ Vapes: Sin City - tastes just like a watermellon & apple jolly rancher, but is not as sweet as the Mastermind so I really like this one. High Roller is strawberry pineapple and peach and it is also very fresh without being overpowering. Weird thing is I don't really even like peaches that much but it's probably my favorite component of this juice profile.

Adics Burn: Sagot Gulaman - this is tapioca & grass jelly, basically it tastes kind of like a banana cream pie filling, but with a lot more nuance and depth. Really, really good. Green Mango - green fucking mango. Holy shit. I wish they had 30mls of this as it is so on point, and I think one of the only single-note fruit flavor that I have straight fallen in love with on first vape. I went thru 30mls of it when I was in town and scooped 2 for the road. They make a "green mango shake" version with menthol but for me the menthol is too strong on the finish so I stick with the "stirred" version lol. If you can check out the AB line anywhere near you I highly recommend it, they are out of the Philippines, so their flavor profiles are really unique being tailored to that culture, and unlike anything else I've ever tried.

Bamskillicious - Lychee. Straight lychee to the face, nothing more nothing less. Second only to Green Mango and substantially unique as I have never had this fruit in real life so it has a lot of "wow" factor for me.

Scooped these all at TruVape which is in my opinion the best spot in Vegas. I always poke around at a few others but end up spending all my money with these dudes. They are really nice and seem to remember everybody. I recall the first time I walked in with my ProVari feeling pretty slick, they had like fifteen on the shelf in every color and they asked how I liked it. I said it's pretty great, but I would like to see a better atomizer. Dude just kind of laughed in my face and said "well, the best thing we have right now is this Ithaca and it's $180 so you probably wouldn't be interested". He was right! I would rather spend that money on gobs of juice and just deal with the slight nuances and drawbacks of cloned high end atties.

tino

Banned

As far as favorite Mt Baker flavors, Root Beer Float and Pink Lemonade take those spots easily for me.

I've tried some flavors from them. First off, they will taste very powder-ey when you get them, they have to steep for at least a week, but ideally like two weeks (which really sucks.) At 12mg their throat hit is less than other vendors at 12mg

Pina Colada - Good flavor, a quick flavor punch in the beginning of the hit and not much afterwards.

Thug Juice - This one is great. I really love it and find little wrong with it.

Freckled Lemonade - Very good smooth lemonade flavor, long flavor profile.

Plum - Came free with my order. Gross.

Double Apple - eh. Its okay. Taste like a just-about-to-go-stale red delicious.

Banana Cream Pie - Nasty. Way too much pie-crust taste and not nearly enough banana.

Trying out these crazy sounding favors, wish me luck!

Pete Rock

Trying out these crazy sounding favors, wish me luck!
One of the aspects of helping your friends off analogs and onto vaping that I did not anticipate is that they are a great resource for gifting juice that just doesn't do it for you. I had some Silverthorn and Tennessee Cured from Johnson Creek and I ended up transitioning to Vanda as an ADV and couldn't even go back to these heavy tobacco flavors, so I hooked my buddy up with them and he was stoked. I was just thrilled that I didn't have $40 worth of juice that was no longer going to waste just sitting around in my drawer. Double win!

One of the aspects of helping your friends off analogs and onto vaping that I did not anticipate is that they are a great resource for gifting juice that just doesn't do it for you. I had some Silverthorn and Tennessee Cured from Johnson Creek and I ended up transitioning to Vanda as an ADV and couldn't even go back to these heavy tobacco flavors, so I hooked my buddy up with them and he was stoked. I was just thrilled that I didn't have $40 worth of juice that was no longer going to waste just sitting around in my drawer. Double win!

Anything I've had the shits of, i just give to my brother. He seems way less picky than I am.

Pete Rock

Just got the Kraken clone in the mail, awesome! Dual Coils FTW! I should have skipped the Fogger and just waited on that Aqua as I'll probably pull the trigger on it as I am so addicted to the extra vapor production of dualies. So nasty. I have only ever seen bigger clouds on drip setups and I just don't have time for that at all. Dripping and driving is dangerous and I just don't like carrying a bottle and taking the cap off and constantly re-dripping in public. It already looks weird enough, that just makes it seem... maniacally obsessive? I dunno. I don't vape for anything but my own enjoyment, but it's oddly another mark against the dripping setup in my opinion.

So I'll probably keep my Z-Atty and Fogger at home setup for light grade night time vapes, and keep the Pulse G, Kraken and Aqua wired up for ultimate daylight vaping powa.

I need to scoop some 0mg because it takes me about an hour to get it out of my system before I can sleep appropriately, it really fucks with me just like drinking coffee right before I goto bed. No good. But I love vaping after I eat. 0 is the solution!

Unfortunately, i think some of this "skunk" got into my main bottle of bobas bounty. I really hope it didn't cause me to waste $20.
Did you pull the tankful of fouled juice into a syringe and put it back into the main bottle while you cleaned it again? I need to be mindful of this if so.

Did you pull the tankful of fouled juice into a syringe and put it back into the main bottle while you cleaned it again? I need to be mindful of this if so.

lol, more or less

i normally just take out the dripper and pour it from the tank into the bottle. definitely not a good idea when you think there's a problem

i'm led to believe it was machining oil. no matter how many times i washed, it seemed to never get clean.

i eventually took out the air flow screw and every part and soaked in 99% iso for 35 minutes. i even went so far as to change out the deck screws with the extra from the EHPro as they were discolored.

since it's oil, i would assume it will rise to the top of the bobas. im going to try to use a syringe and pull from the bottom of the bottle. if there is no hint of the metallic taste, i might empty the bottle into an air tight container, let it settle, and attempt to skim out the contaminants

just hate wasting boba's. its too good

Rizific

i figured id update on my first purchase. bought a starter kit from my local vape shop that is owned by my wife's family friend. came out with a starter kit that came with a 1000mah ego c twist, vision v.tox clearomizer, charger, and 10ml juice for $45. my initial impression was that the v.tox clearomizer gave my drag too much resistance. i noticed that it only had two holes to allow air flow and thought to myself that if it had three holes, it would probably be perfect for me. then i found out the kanger mini protank has just that. so i picked one up and i instantly liked it more.

one question though. with my initial clearomizer+e liquid (low nic level), i was getting pretty harsh throat hits to the point where i had to stop my drag to cough. with my mini protank and new e liquid (NO nic), im able to take bigger drags without lighting my throat on fire. is it because of the nicotine? or is it simply the type of juice? from what i can tell, they are both vg/pg 50/50.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
This been posted yet?

http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...councilvotestoaddecigarettestosmokingban.html
NYC council votes to ban e-cigarette 'vaping' in public spaces

The New York City Council voted to add electronic cigarettes to the city's strict smoking ban on Thursday, in the latest move by outgoing Mayor Michael Bloomberg to wean people of off nicotine.

Bloomberg's detractors have derided him for trying to impose a "nanny state" in America's largest city, pointing to his bans on smoking, trans fats and the attempt to limit the sale of large sugary drinks. But public health advocates have applauded those same efforts.

Only weeks after New York became the first major city to raise the legal age for buying tobacco to 21, the City Council voted 43-8 to add electronic cigarettes to the city's Smoke-Free Air Act.

If the mayor signs the bill, which he is expected to do, smoking e-cigarettes – or "vaping" – would be prohibited at public and private venues such as beaches, parks, restaurants and office buildings after 120 days.

City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, who sponsored the bill, said at a press conference on Thursday that the public use of e-cigarettes threatens to undermine enforcement of anti-smoking laws because their appearance is similar to traditional cigarettes and could "re-normalize smoking in public places."

E-cigarettes are slim, reusable metal tubes that contain nicotine-laced liquid in a variety of exotic flavors such as bubble gum and bacon. As a "smoker" puffs on the device, the nicotine is heated and releases a vapor that, unlike cigarette smoke, contains no tar, which is known to cause cancer and other diseases.

Critics of the law contend that such a ban would do more harm than good.

Richard Carmona, a former U.S. Surgeon General and a current board member at NJOY, one of America's largest electronic cigarette manufacturers, recently sent a letter to the council to urge rejection of the bill.

"I'm extremely concerned that a well-intentioned but scientifically unsupported effort like the current proposal to include electronic cigarettes in New York's current smoking ban, could constitute a giant step backward in the effort to defeat tobacco smoking," Carmona wrote.

The debate over risks versus benefits of e-cigarettes is far from settled, but a study published recently in the British medical journal, The Lancet, said they are as effective as nicotine patches for smokers trying to kick the habit.

Three states – Utah, North Dakota and New Jersey – have already passed legislation banning e-cigarettes wherever smoking is prohibited.

The whole thing is ridiculous. It's not smoke. Second-hand vapor isn't an issue. There isn't any lingering odor. I stopped smoking thanks to e-cigs. Suck a dick Bloomberg.

Pete Rock

one question though. with my initial clearomizer+e liquid (low nic level), i was getting pretty harsh throat hits to the point where i had to stop my drag to cough. with my mini protank and new e liquid (NO nic), im able to take bigger drags without lighting my throat on fire. is it because of the nicotine? or is it simply the type of juice? from what i can tell, they are both vg/pg 50/50.
You hitting it like a sherlock or taking lung hits? Even when I smoked I would pull it into my mouth and then inhale on top of it, for whatever reason this seems to always be a smoother experience no matter what type of tank/wick/wire/voltage combination I've used. Although if you're already doing that I'm at a loss. All I know is I can have a perfect setup and if I hit it with my lungs it tastes incredibly harsh.

Fuck a NYC

Kraken dualie is pretty beast, got Alpha Vapes Hoops loaded in there and it's like the sweetest canteloupe I've ever tasted just exploded in my mouth. Holy shit it is literally making my mouth water, first time with a juice this juicy! Yummmmm! Also I'm not really in love with the whole top cap sheath thing, but the air flow control is pretty much the best integration of it I've ever seen, so I gotta take the good with the bad on that one.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I dropped one of my new twist batteries on the carpet the other day and the button came loose.

God dammit.

I thought the problem was just the plastic button becoming dislodged from the guts, so I figured it would be an easy DIY fix. I disassembled it, and unfortunately it doesn't seem that simple. The problem is that the little beige thing that's supposed to be attached to the circuit board inside came loose.

tmq6Uso.jpg

This thing.

I can just superglue it back onto the circuit board, right? Kind of wary of doing something like that unless I know for sure it'll be OK since I'm dealing with a live battery here.

So I dropped one of my new twist batteries on the carpet the other day and the button came loose.

God dammit.

I thought the problem was just the plastic button becoming dislodged from the guts, so I figured it would be an easy DIY fix. I disassembled it, and unfortunately it doesn't seem that simple. The problem is that the little beige thing that's supposed to be attached to the circuit board inside came loose.

tmq6Uso.jpg

This thing.

I can just superglue it back onto the circuit board, right? Kind of wary of doing something like that unless I know for sure it'll be OK since I'm dealing with a live battery here.

When this happened to mine, I just chucked it. I don't know jack about wiring and conductivity and all that madness so I said forget it.

If you do choose to try to fix it, I want to warn you ahead of time that once your top half dislodges from the bottom like that, it gets knocked out of place easier afterwards, like the fit is no longer flush or something.

Top Bottom