• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Giard

Hey guys, my stepfather wants to try e-cigs once again. However, he wants a juice that tastes like cigarettes and that is made in the USA (or at least not in China).

I've checked sites like Backwoods Brew, MtBakerVapor and Alien Visions but I'm not too sure which juice would be the best. Any tips? The vendor needs to ship to Canada as well.

Wallach

Hey guys, my stepfather wants to try e-cigs once again. However, he wants a juice that tastes like cigarettes and that is made in the USA (or at least not in China).

I've checked sites like Backwoods Brew, MtBakerVapor and Alien Visions but I'm not too sure which juice would be the best. Any tips? The vendor needs to ship to Canada as well.

My recommendations for someone that is just quitting and still wants something tobacco-like would either be Johnson Creek Smoke Juice (Silverthorn, Tennessee Cured or Original) or Halo (Torque 56, Prime 15 or maybe Freedom Juice). Unfortunately I believe customs will not allow import of products containing nicotine into Canada, so if they check your stuff they will confiscate e-liquid containing nicotine. I'm not entirely sure what to do about that, honestly; I'm not sure even Canadian vendors would carry any liquids that contained nicotine.

Giard

My recommendations for someone that is just quitting and still wants something tobacco-like would either be Johnson Creek Smoke Juice (Silverthorn, Tennessee Cured or Original) or Halo (Torque 56, Prime 15 or maybe Freedom Juice). Unfortunately I believe customs will not allow import of products containing nicotine into Canada, so if they check your stuff they will confiscate e-liquid containing nicotine. I'm not entirely sure what to do about that, honestly; I'm not sure even Canadian vendors would carry any liquids that contained nicotine.
Is that a new law? We ordered some last year from Backwoods Brew without any problems.

Wallach

Is that a new law? We ordered some last year from Backwoods Brew without any problems.

I'm betting a lot of places will just ship and leave it on you if customs decides to check your stuff. I also bet a lot of stuff makes it over just fine, given the odds.

If you take a look at Canadian vendors like this:

http://www.electronic-cigz.com/precrli.html

They mention this:

NOTE: Due to Health Canada regulations - Canadian Orders Zero-0mg Strength Only. For Canadian customers with nicotine place your order here Crystal E Liquid - 100% US-made juice

And that second link is just to the same liquid but ordered from within the US and shipped to Canada.

Sounds like a lot of bureaucratic bullshit going on up there.

Giard

Thanks for your response. I think we'll try some juice from Canadavapes.com and see how it goes. They have Export A and other cigarette flavors, so hopefully he'll enjoy it.

Pete Rock

Hmm tried a pg/vg and a strict vg juice and I still get mad gurgling on this Aqua, even with the juice control all the way down. I've got the channels basically stuffed full with doubled over 1mm wick so I dunno. Maybe bottom coils are just not for me? I am filling it with the airflow closed, capping it, flipping it upside down once assembled, then opening the airflow and righting it before drawing on it. By the second draw it is all sorts of gurgled out and I have to clear it every other pull.

Aha, got it, just had to adjust afc down and clear it while drawing on it tilted down a few times so the juice wasn't constantly reflowing, and turn my voltage up a tad. Wasn't running hot enough to burn all the wicked juice, even with the juice control all the way down. Daaaaamn!

You need the dental floss trick to use other drip tips with this as it's a little wide at the top chimney connection, but other than that I really like it. Oh and it also only holds about 1.6ml of juice which is the least of all tank systems I've seen so far. Fog machine for sure, it will go quickly.

Broseybrose

Hmm tried a pg/vg and a strict vg juice and I still get mad gurgling on this Aqua, even with the juice control all the way down. I've got the channels basically stuffed full with doubled over 1mm wick so I dunno. Maybe bottom coils are just not for me? I am filling it with the airflow closed, capping it, flipping it upside down once assembled, then opening the airflow and righting it before drawing on it. By the second draw it is all sorts of gurgled out and I have to clear it every other pull.

Aha, got it, just had to adjust afc down and clear it while drawing on it tilted down a few times so the juice wasn't constantly reflowing, and turn my voltage up a tad. Wasn't running hot enough to burn all the wicked juice, even with the juice control all the way down. Daaaaamn!

You need the dental floss trick to use other drip tips with this as it's a little wide at the top chimney connection, but other than that I really like it. Oh and it also only holds about 1.6ml of juice which is the least of all tank systems I've seen so far. Fog machine for sure, it will go quickly.

Someone posted this useful info on Fasttech's discussion page for the Aqua - 3mL + easier fill method

Maybe that will help? Im still on the fence about ordering one, Im still waiting on my ORIGIN from them (which I ordered 32 days ago).

Pete Rock

Someone posted this useful info on Fasttech's discussion page for the Aqua - 3mL + easier fill method

Maybe that will help? Im still on the fence about ordering one, Im still waiting on my ORIGIN from them (which I ordered 32 days ago).
Thanks for the helpful tip, I just tried this method and while it does allow you to put more juice in, I still can't get it to really work very well at all. It is either dry hitting or flooding. I'd probably be more dedicated to getting it to work appropriately if my dual coil gennies weren't such a cakewalk to set up, so I think I'll just shelve it for a while until I get really bored or something. At this point I have 3 other genny tanks to vape that all perform flawlessly so I'm pretty much meh on this, although it is probably my own fault in certain ways as I also was pretty disappointed with my attempts at getting the Fogger clone to vape well, which is also a bottom coil tank system. I had two or three good drags on the Aqua last night and today it was flooded, cleared it, flipped it and put more juice in, etc... fuck it.

I see FastTech has a second version of the aqua listed now. A lot of people are hoping its an HCigar clone so I canceled my order and I'm going with this.

I'm also hoping my replacement as deck doesn't take long to get here.

Joe

my MVP V2 button blinks/flashes green even after pulling for only a couple seconds.

it's the same flashing that happens after you hit the 10 second pull limit. has anyone had something similar happen to them?

my MVP V2 button blinks/flashes green even after pulling for only a couple seconds.

it's the same flashing that happens after you hit the 10 second pull limit. has anyone had something similar happen to them?

That hasn't happened to me, but I dont use my v2 that much. The button is horrendous and it gives me way more problems when I connect cartos to it (not firing them.)

I've just been using the v2 for an ohm reader and using the v1 to vape.

It has happened a couple of times with my iTaste V3. I know with an Ego it's usually to protect the battery, either if there is a short in the head, if the head is super low/high ohm or if there is a short in the battery itself (this was the case for me -- a loose wire inside).

If it's doing it every time and you've tried multiple tanks/clearo's, I'd guess the battery is faulty.

Two juices I got from Alien Vision are VERY VERY thick.

Dreamberries and Strawberry Cheesecake.

They don't work well in EVODs. I removed the extra wicks and even hold an airhole closed while vaping and its still not wicking good enough.

Even dripping gives me problems, I'm gonna have to try thinner wire. The Strawbery Cheesecake tastes great when I can get a good vape out of it.

Joe

That hasn't happened to me, but I dont use my v2 that much. The button is horrendous and it gives me way more problems when I connect cartos to it (not firing them.)

I've just been using the v2 for an ohm reader and using the v1 to vape.
is there any particular reason you prefer the v1 to vape?

It has happened a couple of times with my iTaste V3. I know with an Ego it's usually to protect the battery, either if there is a short in the head, if the head is super low/high ohm or if there is a short in the battery itself (this was the case for me -- a loose wire inside).

If it's doing it every time and you've tried multiple tanks/clearo's, I'd guess the battery is faulty.
yeah that might be it. i haven't had any tanks ever work on my mvp v2 besides the iclear30 it came with. i even tried 4 seperate iclear16's.

if there is a battery short, do i have to worry about it blowing up in my hand?

is there any particular reason you prefer the v1 to vape?

yeah that might be it. i haven't had any tanks ever work on my mvp v2 besides the iclear30 it came with. i even tried 4 seperate iclear16's.

Yea the fire button. It's clicky and perfect. The new button on the v2 sucks. It's too hard to press and doesn't have a nice clicky feel.

I don't think so. I believe the flashing is the short protection, but even then I think it's just to protect itself from further damage rather than an explosion. Shorts are fairly common, and explosions aren't. Don't quote me on this though if you blow your hand off tomorrow.

TheExodu5

Banned

There are a lot of vendors in Canada that sell nicotine containing liquid...you just need to know where to look. Some require you to make an account before it shows up on their site.

Anyone have any interest in a trident clone or protank 2?

The clone has been used twice btw

Have you received my last two PMs ?

-------------------------

I think I'm done with fruity flavors. I'm getting sick of them. Really enjoying the full mouth flavor/fill of the non-fruity juices.

Today I'm vaping "Legendary" (banana nut bread) from Mountain Oak Vapor. Nice relaxing taste and satisfying vapor.

Happy to announce that today is exactly ONE YEAR since I've had an analog cigarette.

At this time last year I got the flu really bad and didn't smoke for a week. I decided that I was going to stop smoking fully.

I would smoke 8-10 cigarettes a day for the past 10 years. There was a gap or two in there where I would stop for 8 to 12 months but start up again. I enjoyed smoking. I never wanted to quit. The reason I decided to quit was because of my girlfriend (who is now my Fiancee.) She hated that I smoked, and the thought of me kissing her with a cigarette mouth made me feel bad for her, so I would always chew gun, be sneaky, not smoke in the car, wear gloves when I smoked, etc. So I decided enough was enough and I would just quit.

About 3 weeks later I started to get cravings and I bought a Blu e-cig for the superbowl. I smoked that for a few days then decided to look into better versions (if they existed.)

First stop was the Joyetech eRoll. Size was paramount for me so I went with this. I enjoyed the experience but felt like I was sucking on it too hard to get the smoke that I wanted.

Next up was the 510 battery starter kit. Much better smoke and still small. I eventually wound up getting some Boge cartos and then some Phoenix CE3s and I stayed with this setup for a few months.

Next up was an eGo battery and WOWWW. Thats where everything changed. This was the experience that I needed, this feels great. Pretty much used eGo C Twist and CE3s for a bunch of months until I got into iClear 30s then EVODs.

Not sure when I bought my first mod (vamo v2) maybe april or may. But wound up selling the vamo cause it was too large and heavy. Then bought a provari and kept it in 18360 mode. Around this time is when I got into Carto Tanks.

Fast forward to now. When I'm home I primarily use my Kayfun Lite Plus on a Smoktech Natural. On the go its an eGo C Twist (or Innokin MVP) and an EVOD.

Favorite Flavor: Gorilla Juice by Alien Visions.
Runner Up: Thug Juice by Mt. Baker Vapor.
3rd Place: Truth Serum by Roar Vapor

Pete Rock

Pete : apparently the aqua clones have brass plated posts and screws. Can you confirm/deny this?
They do feel really light and have that sort of ring to them when clinking around, so I wouldn't doubt it. To be honest it's kind of jank overall, I think waiting for the HCigar version is a better idea, hope your experience is better than mine anyways.

Congrats Victory Red! Nice of you to document your vaping evolution.

I kind of agree on the fruity flavors becoming washed out with over use, but I will note that "bakery" flavors are becoming more and more interesting to me. I am consistently surprised how much I enjoy Ben Johnson's Cr3am and I think a large part of it is the cookie crunch exhale, as I am already a fan of a creamy taste on the inhale from JC Vanda. It's a nice third category and I think I should probably expand my selections in that area.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I got my Kranger Protank 2 today and a refill of gorilla juice from ave and I have to say I really like this tank. I believe it is a bottom feeding tank too because when i put in the wicks they went in from the bottom.

From a drip only guy I can honestly say the flavor is pretty damn good out of this thing. Definitely more convenient than dripping.

PS. Great job Red. This April will be 2 years off the cancer sticks for me.

DietRob

hmm.. well I like it at least.

it is the first tank i've found that doesn't completely clog up with my ave juices. they are by far my favorite vendor. i might give the protank 3 a try for my next purchase. that nautilus is too rich for my blood

hmm.. well I like it at least.

it is the first tank i've found that doesn't completely clog up with my ave juices. they are by far my favorite vendor. i might give the protank 3 a try for my next purchase. that nautilus is too rich for my blood

I like the look of the iClear30B. My next hardware purchase will prolly be a ProTank III and an iClear30B.

What other juices from AVE do you recommend?

Here are my AVE ratings:

Gorilla Juice: 10000 out of a possible 10
Boba's Bounty: 9/10
Hype: 8.5/10
Irish Cream: 7.5/10
Massive Chocolate Mint: 7.5/10
Dream Berries: Very very thick, can't wick correctly but flavor is good: 6.5/10
Strawberry Cheesecake: Very thick, can't wick correctly. But very good flavor: 7.5/10
Watermelon: Very good flavor. NO throat hit. 7.5/10

DietRob

Our list is really similar. No order for mine just want to describe what I like about each.

Gorrilla Juice - Out of this world good. My go to vape. If I don't have 100ml at any given time something is wrong.

Bobas - Great juice to have around when I want to switch things up just a little bit.

PG Hype - Unbelievably good peachy taste. It's got something else in it that I can only describe as 'sweet'

Christy Cappuccino - Great coffee flavor if you're into that. I can't' vape this one too long though. Usually just about 30 minutes some mornings.

PG Craveloupe - I didn't think I would like this one because I don't like cantaloupe but it also has that sweet flavor of PG Hype and it's not an overpowering cantaloupe taste.

Pineapple Pulp - Really good great pineapple flavor. Reminds me of tropical drinks.

Strawberry Cooler - Very good strawberry taste. You'd think it might be menthol due to the name but it's not. Just straight up strawberry.

Honestly all of AVE's juices are thick and that's the reason they became my favorite vendor. As I said before I've been a dripper for almost 2 years and dripping with thin juice is a terrible terrible experience. I also don't like PG juices very much they always irritate my throat so I love AVE because almost all of their juices are 100% VG (that's why they are so thick)

Our list is really similar. No order for mine just want to describe what I like about each.

Honestly all of AVE's juices are thick and that's the reason they became my favorite vendor. As I said before I've been a dripper for almost 2 years and dripping with thin juice is a terrible terrible experience. I also don't like PG juices very much they always irritate my throat so I love AVE because almost all of their juices are 100% VG (that's why they are so thick)

What is your wick setup that you drip with?

I've been using a 6-wrap 29gauge that comes out to about 1.6 ohms. With cotton.

Any other tips for building for thick juices?

Wallach

Happy to announce that today is exactly ONE YEAR since I've had an analog cigarette.

Awesome, dude! Sounds like we started vaping around the same time; I ordered a kit for my 30th birthday, which was a week ago last year. Looking back, it's so easy to see how much better I feel physically, much less being able to properly taste and smell again. You won't catch me with a tobacco product ever again, that's for sure.

daw840

Anyone know of a good vendor to pick up a Nautilus? If Busardo likes it....I want it. lol

edit: Nevermind! Gotvapes has them, I don't know why that didn't show up the first time. lol

DietRob

What is your wick setup that you drip with?

I've been using a 6-wrap 29gauge that comes out to about 1.6 ohms. With cotton.

Any other tips for building for thick juices?

I don't use a wick setup for dripping. I use this:

With a drip tip. (click for link)

daw840

Just placed the order for the Nautilus and a 5 pack of 1.8 ohm heads. I'm excited! This should mix well with the Tiki Juice order I placed from Halo the other day!

I think I'm going to give the Davide BDC a shot. It's pretty much the same build as the normal Davide, with a couple changes to allow for the Aspire BDC heads. I'd really like to try the Nautilus but watching PBusardo's Bottom Coil challenge, the sheer size of it would be too much for my iTaste VV, which is now my primary battery. There's just no way I wouldn't end up knocking it over or off of my desk and breaking it.

daw840

I think I'm going to give the Davide BDC a shot. It's pretty much the same build as the normal Davide, with a couple changes to allow for the Aspire BDC heads. I'd really like to try the Nautilus but watching PBusardo's Bottom Coil challenge, the sheer size of it would be too much for my iTaste VV, which is now my primary battery. There's just no way I wouldn't end up knocking it over or off of my desk and breaking it.

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned about that. Oh well!

Joe

does anyone know of any "box" style battery mods besides the MVP?

i found this e-power 2200

vclpu9B.jpg

but theres very little user reviews on it

Rizific

I hate waiting for shit to come in from online. This B&M store here has really spoiled me. :(
So do I. But stuff is just so much cheaper. I spent $140 on my nemesis/kayfun clone with charger and battery at my local store that is owned by my wife's family friend. And that's the after discount price. If I wanted to wait, I could have gotten that from fasttech for a fraction of the price. Last week I ordered an ohm reader, nimbus clone, magnets for my nemesis switch, and an atomizer stand all for $18 shipped from fasttech. Now I have to deal with the wait =/

Zeth

Heard an ecig made a cameo on the Golden Globes last night so I did a quick search. Glad the US media are doing such a great job informing the public! /s

Dr. Manny: Using e-cigarettes during the Golden Globes was irresponsible
E-cigarettes are not a good substitute for real cigarettes, because they still contain nicotine – which is highly addictive.
Actors must maintain some degree of social responsibility if they want to be famous and stop promoting products that could be dangerous to the public.

Unbelievable.

daw840

Ugh. That's shitty. :/

On a lighter note, both my nautilus and my halo juice should be here today!!

Got me some new Ray Bans, a new haircut, and some new ecig toys today. Tis a good day!

DaFish

Alright....this new Aspire Nautilus tank is the shit. The only gripe I have is it's a bit big, but really not THAT much bigger than the PT2 so it's a very small issue. The plumes of vapor and not a single burnt hit. Amazing. Also, everyone in this thread needs to go to Halo Vapor and buy their Tiki Juice immediately. Very very very very good. I don't even generally like tobacco based flavors, but this is awesome.

I'v tried the Tiki a while back, wasn't for me.

Top Bottom