• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Wallach

Alright....this new Aspire Nautilus tank is the shit. The only gripe I have is it's a bit big, but really not THAT much bigger than the PT2 so it's a very small issue. The plumes of vapor and not a single burnt hit. Amazing. Also, everyone in this thread needs to go to Halo Vapor and buy their Tiki Juice immediately. Very very very very good. I don't even generally like tobacco based flavors, but this is awesome.

Tiki Juice is really awesome. Not sure I could make it my ADV but the flavor is like nothing I've ever gotten anywhere else. Hard to even describe. Something about it reminds me of Dr. Pepper. The tobacco is strange too, almost more like it's a fresh splint of wood being burnt.

I think I'll reorder a bottle of that and try some Tribeca this time to boot, come to think of it.

taylor910

Honestly all of AVE's juices are thick and that's the reason they became my favorite vendor. As I said before I've been a dripper for almost 2 years and dripping with thin juice is a terrible terrible experience. I also don't like PG juices very much they always irritate my throat so I love AVE because almost all of their juices are 100% VG (that's why they are so thick)

Mind sharing your steeping times and methods?

I just got some AVE juice and also Mt Baker, and the Baker juice especially is really lacking flavor (even with 2 extra flavor shots)

I heard juice like Boba changes a lot after some steeping so I'm curious how you (and other gaffers) feel.

Mind sharing your steeping times and methods?

I just got some AVE juice and also Mt Baker, and the Baker juice especially is really lacking flavor (even with 2 extra flavor shots)

I heard juice like Boba changes a lot after some steeping so I'm curious how you (and other gaffers) feel.

Mt Baker is un-useable for WEEKS. Its all powder taste at first. Gotta give them at least two weeks and for their color to change for them to even be worth it.

Edit. All my AVE juices come steeped and ready to go. I haven't noticed much/if any flavor change after a few weeks.

Two of these AVE juices are just so damn thick, I dont know what to do.

A guy on e cig forum makes his own custard I'd definitely recommend to everyone. It's called Bryce's Vanilla Custard. I would recommend it over Nicoticket's custard's last stand.

Just started vaping because a friend got me a Atmomixani Nemesis for my birthday. Wow this thing hits pretty hard, I'm enjoying it alot more than smoking cigarettes other than the fact that it's a bit unwieldy for going out to clubs and such. Also it doesn't seem like the liquid lasts very long on my atomizer, I've been going through 2 drip cycles a day.

daw840

Just started vaping because a friend got me a Atmomixani Nemesis for my birthday. Wow this thing hits pretty hard, I'm enjoying it alot more than smoking cigarettes other than the fact that it's a bit unwieldy for going out to clubs and such. Also it doesn't seem like the liquid lasts very long on my atomizer, I've been going through 2 drip cycles a day.
Welcome! The bug will hit you as soon as you start buying new gadgets!

DaFish

Nice gift, I'm jelly.

Look into purchasing a smaller setup for you to take out to the clubs and stuff.

Something like an eGo C Twist 650mah and a clearomizer of your choice. I recommend the EVOD. Or for even smaller you can go CE3.

Thanks for the advice guys!

I'm still new at this but I asked my friend and apparently my top piece/atomizer is a Grand Vapor Trident? Not sure if my rig is a clone/fake but from the videos and reviews that I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a significant drop in quality in the clones of these products. Is there any way to tell if it's a clone?

2014-01-16103748.jpg

2014-01-16105801.jpg

2014-01-16110416.jpg

2014-01-16105812.jpg

I think the easiest way to tell if it's a clone or a fake is to check the serial number as well as look at the center post (brass screw)

i'm about done with my trident v2. after this vape meet on saturday ill be selling/trading it

It's a kraken which is a genesis style atomizer. I personally think the coils are a pain to build. Dealing with hot spots is such a chore. Once you get it setup properly the vape is nice

Spent alot of time researching and speaking with people at the vape shop by my house the last few days, but it doesn't seem like the Kraken is for me since it's quite advanced and my set up isn't upright for a good part of the day, which means I'll apparently get leaks.

Right now I'm looking at getting a Kayfun, Aqua, or Fogger V2, do you guys have any recommendations? I'm probably going to get a clone of whatever I get at first to see how it is before shelling out $100+.

Polo67

oMQZODgT_original.jpg

Trying to host an image from my phone but this is #thebeastmod with a Helios addy. I'm running a dual cool build with bakero wire and German silica

2RuqtV+b_original.jpg

Added another photo with my favorite everyday vape. Apple Jax

Spent alot of time researching and speaking with people at the vape shop by my house the last few days, but it doesn't seem like the Kraken is for me since it's quite advanced and my set up isn't upright for a good part of the day, which means I'll apparently get leaks.

Right now I'm looking at getting a Kayfun, Aqua, or Fogger V2, do you guys have any recommendations? I'm probably going to get a clone of whatever I get at first to see how it is before shelling out $100+.

Out of those I only have a legit Kayfun and I can highly recommend it. I really can't say enough good things about it. Its been about a month now and it performs so consistent its ridiculous. I've never had a dry or less-than-ideal hit.

http://i.pgu.me/oMQZODgT_original.jpg

Trying to host an image from my phone but this is #thebeastmod with a Helios addy. I'm running a dual cool build with bakero wire and German silica

2RuqtV+b_original.jpg

Added another photo with my favorite everyday vape. Apple Jax

That addy looks cool.

I'm looking into getting another RDA, the only RDAs I've ever used are the IGO-L and IGO-W. I just can't stomach shelling out more than ~$30 for a deck, some posts, and a top cap.

Maybe I'll go clone first to see how the more expensive designs perform, I dunno. But definitely getting itchy.

I just unloaded a bunch of juice on ECF that I wasn't using or didnt like. So I just put in two orders at Hurricane Vapor and Juicy Vapor. They come highly recommended from PBusardo so I'll give them a shot.

I wish GrimmGreen didn't stop doing juice reviews, I guess now that he runs Namber he only wants to promote that but it'd be nice if he could just acknowledge some other juices that he likes, cause I'm sure he gets sent tons of them and you know he tries them.

Happy to announce that today is exactly ONE YEAR since I've had an analog cigarette.

At this time last year I got the flu really bad and didn't smoke for a week. I decided that I was going to stop smoking fully.

I would smoke 8-10 cigarettes a day for the past 10 years. There was a gap or two in there where I would stop for 8 to 12 months but start up again. I enjoyed smoking. I never wanted to quit. The reason I decided to quit was because of my girlfriend (who is now my Fiancee.) She hated that I smoked, and the thought of me kissing her with a cigarette mouth made me feel bad for her, so I would always chew gun, be sneaky, not smoke in the car, wear gloves when I smoked, etc. So I decided enough was enough and I would just quit.

About 3 weeks later I started to get cravings and I bought a Blu e-cig for the superbowl. I smoked that for a few days then decided to look into better versions (if they existed.)

First stop was the Joyetech eRoll. Size was paramount for me so I went with this. I enjoyed the experience but felt like I was sucking on it too hard to get the smoke that I wanted.

Next up was the 510 battery starter kit. Much better smoke and still small. I eventually wound up getting some Boge cartos and then some Phoenix CE3s and I stayed with this setup for a few months.

Next up was an eGo battery and WOWWW. Thats where everything changed. This was the experience that I needed, this feels great. Pretty much used eGo C Twist and CE3s for a bunch of months until I got into iClear 30s then EVODs.

Not sure when I bought my first mod (vamo v2) maybe april or may. But wound up selling the vamo cause it was too large and heavy. Then bought a provari and kept it in 18360 mode. Around this time is when I got into Carto Tanks.

Fast forward to now. When I'm home I primarily use my Kayfun Lite Plus on a Smoktech Natural. On the go its an eGo C Twist (or Innokin MVP) and an EVOD.

Favorite Flavor: Gorilla Juice by Alien Visions.
Runner Up: Thug Juice by Mt. Baker Vapor.
3rd Place: Truth Serum by Roar Vapor

Shit that is funny as hell. I was the same way when I started. I got sick as hell, couldn't enhale a single puff of a malboro without coughing for 10 minutes so I said ... you know what f this I'm going to try an E-Cig. More and more people at work were walking around with them, my brother had one ( horrible role model though, had both real cigs and his e-cig lol ), etc. I knew that as long as it could control my worst cravings then I would be golden.

So, picked one up and haven't really even thought about a marlboro in 5+ months. Amazing really. Nothing even came close to working. Started smoking when I was 12, now 31. Between then, probably tried quitting about 6 times or so. Tried patches, gum, cold turkey, and all that good stuff but something always brought me back. Mainly the stress of life. But e-cigs? Gone, done, not even thinking about smoking a normal cig again.

My flavor of choice is Dragon's Breath. I run 24mg of nicotine atm and will drop to 18mg my next fill of fluid. Hell the fluid lasts me 30 days, and is only $18.99 lol. So talk about a massive reduction in costs. Only regular cost is buying new atomizer's.

For those wondering, I will always use a bottom feeder style tank. With those you can twirl em around or whatever and not worry about the fluid going up into the mouthpiece. Only annoyance is the atomizer will get flooded eventually, so you have to clean it out. But takes a week+ for that to begin occuring, like a month before it actually hinders your puffing ability.

Oh and fuck, stay away from those corner store Blu things. HOLY SHIT those are nasty as hell, like smoking 2 year old cheap tobacco, horrible. Now, if someone makes a Blu style e-cig that actually tastes good, you are onto something.

Has anyone on GAF picked up the innokin iClear 30B yet? It's a new bottom fed clearo that seems to be getting rave reviews for perfect balance of draw, flavour and vapour production. I've been using a pro tank 3 for the last couple of months and looking for something better.

Has anyone on GAF picked up the innokin iClear 30B yet? It's a new bottom fed clearo that seems to be getting rave reviews for perfect balance of draw, flavour and vapour production. I've been using a pro tank 3 for the last couple of months and looking for something better.

I actually just ordered one today!!

I love my original iClear30 but hate tipping. This thing improved on everything I didn't like about the original: Tipping and that awful drip tip, this one is removable.

There is no way this can't be awesome.

But.... in Phil Busardo's recent video, he compared a bunch of the popular bottom feeders on the market and the Pro Tank III rated higher than the iClear 30B, but only slightly.

Broseybrose

If you haven't watched Psubardo's Battle of the BDCs yet, here's what they came up with:

ProTank 3, iClear30B, Aspire BDC, and Aspire Nautilus are all basically equal levels of awesome. The scores for these 4 BDCs were SO CLOSE, and an averaged cumulative score of many categories. So I really think every vaper should try each, as there really is no BEST! And if there is, it is entirely dependent on what you want from your BDC!

Ive yet to try any, but id probably go with the Aspire BDC if/when I do because theyre the cheapest (and I believe they ranked highest in flavor, which is most important to me). Possibly an iClear30B just to try... but Im really happy with single coil EVODs for now... along with my Igo-L of course.

Broseybrose

Reposting for top of page :)

If you haven't watched Psubardo's Battle of the BDCs yet, here's what they came up with:

ProTank 3, iClear30B, Aspire BDC, and Aspire Nautilus are all basically equal levels of awesome. The scores for these 4 BDCs were SO CLOSE, and an averaged cumulative score of many categories. So I really think every vaper should try each, as there really is no BEST! And if there is, it is entirely dependent on what you want from your BDC!

Ive yet to try any, but id probably go with the Aspire BDC if/when I do because theyre the cheapest (and I believe they ranked highest in flavor, which is most important to me). Possibly an iClear30B just to try... but Im really happy with single coil EVODs for now... along with my Igo-L of course.

I actually just ordered one today!!

I love my original iClear30 but hate tipping. This thing improved on everything I didn't like about the original: Tipping and that awful drip tip, this one is removable.

There is no way this can't be awesome.

But.... in Phil Busardo's recent video, he compared a bunch of the popular bottom feeders on the market and the Pro Tank III rated higher than the iClear 30B, but only slightly.

Nice. Let us know what you think when you get to try it out. The original iClear 30 was my main clearo for a while. Vapor production was great but I hated that it was top fed. I vastly, vastly prefer bottom fed tanks. For some reason, the flavour just tastes fucked up and burnt to me on top fed tanks. Also hate having to wait for them to wick up.

Switched to aPro Tank 3 which I love, but I'm optimistic the 30B will be even better. It has 2x as many wicks as the pro tank 3 and the coils are stacked in a cross instead of resting on each each other. Trying to track one down locally.

Went to my first vape meet on Saturday. I was floored that they had all 5 flavors of Five Pawns to sample. I was blown away with Grandmaster with Gambit coming in at a close second.

Never tasted anything, even outside of vaping, that seemed so complex, smooth, and balanced before. Reminds me of an episode of Iron Chef where there is a bunch of flavors co-existing together to create something greater.

Drove 40 minutes today just to purchase some.

Went to my first vape meet on Saturday. I was floored that they had all 5 flavors of Five Pawns to sample. I was blown away with Grandmaster with Gambit coming in at a close second.

Never tasted anything, even outside of vaping, that seemed so complex, smooth, and balanced before. Reminds me of an episode of Iron Chef where there is a bunch of flavors co-existing together to create something greater.

Drove 40 minutes today just to purchase some.

Ugh, now you gonna make me drive and try some. There is a place about 30 mins from me that carries 5Pawns.

Do they let you try before you by at normal places? I'm not trying to drop that kinda scratch and not like it.

am_dragon

Finally ordered some AVE juice, got it just in time for a nasty cold to set in, can't taste damn thing. My wife said the Gorilla Juice is good but she doesn't like Boba's.

I also got in as second KFL+ Tobeco clone. I ordered the first when they went up on Fasttech, and it is not great. This one was ordered a couple weeks later is outstanding. The threads are clean, the plastic tank screws down tight and the fill screw is not stripped out of the box. I'm really happy with it. 1 ohm micro coil 28g Kanthal with cotton wick.

Ugh, now you gonna make me drive and try some. There is a place about 30 mins from me that carries 5Pawns.

Do they let you try before you by at normal places? I'm not trying to drop that kinda scratch and not like it.

If someone is a licensed distributor of Five Pawns, they get a special station sent to them just so people can try it out. I'm sure the other flavors I didn't purchase would grow on me, but I've never personally had a juice "hit" me like grandmaster.

I purchased 2 reserves from the Steam Co (CT shop online) hoping their reserve might come close to the Castle Long Reserve that Five Pawns is sold out of (37.50 a bottle). The one had the same description as the Five Pawns and the other was an english toffee base flavor with a lot of accentuating tastes with it.

It seems after vaping this stuff, anything that is strong right off the bat i'm not going to like. Subtle, complex, balance, that's really what I'm after now

Finally ordered some AVE juice, got it just in time for a nasty cold to set in, can't taste damn thing. My wife said the Gorilla Juice is good but she doesn't like Boba's.

I also got in as second KFL+ Tobeco clone. I ordered the first when they went up on Fasttech, and it is not great. This one was ordered a couple weeks later is outstanding. The threads are clean, the plastic tank screws down tight and the fill screw is not stripped out of the box. I'm really happy with it. 1 ohm micro coil 28g Kanthal with cotton wick.

Did you order your second one from Fasttech as well? I don't see a KFL+ variant on their site :(

am_dragon

Yes both were from Fasttech. I guess they renamed it. It's now the Russian 91% Styled RBA sku #1552300

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1552300

FYI Fasttech is closing on the 25th so expect a LONG wait. The 101Vape version is $12 more but I don't know if it has the clear tank included. I've had good luck with 101vape and it will show up in about 3-4 days. If the clear tank isn't included I've seen it on several sites as low as $7.00.

Rizific

apparently my fasttech order that i placed on the 7th has been held up for two weeks just to wait for these two little magnets to come in for my nemesis clone =/. idk why i never thought to cancel them. i probable could have had the rest of the stuff i ordered by now.

Yes both were from Fasttech. I guess they renamed it. It's now the Russian 91% Styled RBA sku #1552300

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1552300

FYI Fasttech is closing on the 25th so expect a LONG wait. The 101Vape version is $12 more but I don't know if it has the clear tank included. I've had good luck with 101vape and it will show up in about 3-4 days. If the clear tank isn't included I've seen it on several sites as low as $7.00.

Ahhh thank you for the info. I think I'll just bite the bullet and get it from 101vape. I hear that I should wash it before setting it up? How does one properly wash a new atomizer?

Again, not a fan of the tobecco clone

Sometimes Dawn and hot water is sufficient. Other times, vinegar or 91% alcohol

and other times acetone or something harder is the only way

Again, not a fan of the tobecco clone

Sometimes Dawn and hot water is sufficient. Other times, vinegar or 91% alcohol

and other times acetone or something harder is the only way

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to the Nautilus post. Why do you prefer the EHPro one over the Tobeco, out of curiosity? I hear mixed reviews about both so I've mainly been trying to get information based on the vendors that people have gotten their clones from.

Would this be the EHPro variant? http://www.eciggity.com/kayfun-lite-plus-clone-by-ehpro/

I hear the Tobeco Aqua clone on 101vape is superb but it seems a bit too complicated for me to build and my Nemesis is a 22mm while the Aqua is 21mm.

Chopper

Got these in the post today.

Nothing too exciting, but I've been looking to buy a reasonably priced BCC just to aid portability. I love my RDAs, but I don't really want to be dripping when I'm driving or at an event. My girlfriend uses a Protank Mini on her ego, and it performs pretty well, so I picked up a 3 for £13! It will at least tide me over until I get my arse in gear and order one of these:

http://www.kernowvapes.co.uk/ehpro_kayfun_lite_clone/p2086842_11393280.aspx

The juice is Twas Brillig, from Alice in Vapeland, which they've started stocking at UKecigstore. Result.

Looks pretty good on my Mini actually. Once I replaced the hideous stock drip tip, of course...

I can't actually try it out until I get home, cos I can't decant the juice here at work.

Please let us know your review of the Pro Tank III, its on my short list.

Also, is this your first try of an Alice In Vapeland juice?

They are also on my short list of vendors I want to try next, eager to hear what you have to say about them.

Chopper

Please let us know your review of the Pro Tank III, its on my short list.

Also, is this your first try of an Alice In Vapeland juice?

They are also on my short list of vendors I want to try next, eager to hear what you have to say about them.
First impressions are pretty good. I've only been using it for about ten minutes but my initial concerns have been quashed. I was worried the draw would be too airy, but that is not the case. It suits me fine. The narrow drip tip I use might help that though. Build quality is top notch, and it is by far the best looking Kanger product I have seen. So yeah, it'll do the job. I'll let you know if I encounter any problems, but for £13, it's an absolute steal.

As for AiV juices, I've tried all of them. On their US site their is an option to buy a pack of testers for every single flavour they do. Even with shipping to the UK, I found the price extremely reasonable. As a result I was able to ween out some favourite flavours, and have found myself returning to Twas Brillig, Cupcake City and Zombie Apocalypse repeatedly. Truly unique, high-quality juices. But then, I like a sweet juice.

First impressions are pretty good. I've only been using it for about ten minutes but my initial concerns have been quashed. I was worried the draw would be too airy, but that is not the case. It suits me fine. The narrow drip tip I use might help that though. Build quality is top notch, and it is by far the best looking Kanger product I have seen. So yeah, it'll do the job. I'll let you know if I encounter any problems, but for £13, it's an absolute steal.

As for AiV juices, I've tried all of them. On their US site their is an option to buy a pack of testers for every single flavour they do. Even with shipping to the UK, I found the price extremely reasonable. As a result I was able to ween out some favourite flavours, and have found myself returning to Twas Brillig, Cupcake City and Zombie Apocalypse repeatedly. Truly unique, high-quality juices. But then, I like a sweet juice.

Outside of those, what are some of their most popular juices, like stuff that people rave about?

Chopper

Outside of those, what are some of their most popular juices, like stuff that people rave about?
Apart from those? I'm not really sure. The only one I'd really heard consistently great things about was Zombie Apocalypse, cos it's a very, very good strawberry flavour.

It's also worth noting that their whimsical, Wonderland inspired branding and packaging is fantastic. A really cool, dedicated little business.

Rizific

anyone know where i can get an ohm reader for cheap besides fasttech? im not shelling out the $25 that my local stores want.

Rizific

Could you not just get one from the hardware store?

Not sure but those seem like they would work just fine.

yes, i just found out that a multimeter would work just fine. contacted my electrical engineer buddy and he says he can get me one from his work no problem

Top Bottom