• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to the Nautilus post. Why do you prefer the EHPro one over the Tobeco, out of curiosity? I hear mixed reviews about both so I've mainly been trying to get information based on the vendors that people have gotten their clones from

Would this be the EHPro variant? http://www.eciggity.com/kayfun-lite-plus-clone-by-ehpro/

I hear the Tobeco Aqua clone on 101vape is superb but it seems a bit too complicated for me to build and my Nemesis is a 22mm while the Aqua is 21mm.

The threads aren't as nice, and most importantly, the draw is way too tight. I suppose you could drill that bit out to improve it some. The threads on mine are worse than the EHpro, and much worse than the HCigar

I'm only aware of two different Aqua clones and mine hasn't arrived yet so i can't compare those from experience

BTW, i really like my cupcake city from AiV (after a month of steeping) but this orange creamsicle is no orange now and like unsweetened cream. very weird as it started off all orange and no cream.

am_dragon

It looks to me like the Tobeco KFL clones are getting better. As I've said my first one has issues. I just switched juice so I took some pics of the second one.

http://imgur.com/a/x7lev

This is no endorsement of either, simply the better example of the two I have. When you are buying a clone chances are you will get something usable, beyond that it's a crapshoot. If you are OK with that then pick one and order it.

Rizific

Anyone have any experience with Space Jam juice? A local b&m now has it in stock.
I have a bottle of their astro, meh. Question for you coil builders, is it normal for a coils resistance to raise over time? When I got the coil built, it was at
1.3. Used it for about 3 weeks and it's up to 2.2. And another question, I'm not getting close to the same results as other builders. That 1.3 ohm coil was 28ga kanthal 6-7 wraps. I built one last night with 28ga kanthal and wanted higher res so I tried 8-9 wraps and got 2.3. Too high. Went down to 5 wraps to get 1.8ohms where I wanted. But that seems far off from the 8-9 wraps at 1.3 ohms that I'm frequently seeing in build videos. Sup?

DaFish

I have a bottle of their astro, meh. Question for you coil builders, is it normal for a coils resistance to raise over time? When I got the coil built, it was at
1.3. Used it for about 3 weeks and it's up to 2.2. And another question, I'm not getting close to the same results as other builders. That 1.3 ohm coil was 28ga kanthal 6-7 wraps. I built one last night with 28ga kanthal and wanted higher res so I tried 8-9 wraps and got 2.3. Too high. Went down to 5 wraps to get 1.8ohms where I wanted. But that seems far off from the 8-9 wraps at 1.3 ohms that I'm frequently seeing in build videos. Sup?

it is normal, but 1.3 to 2.2 seems a bit much, either re-wrap or just fiddle the coils a bit.

also depending on the diameter of the wick you are building on you will either get a higher res (thicker wick) or lower res (thin wick) with the same amount of wraps.

A. Check the screws on your atty, if the screws get lose the ohms will jump around cause they aren't getting solid/consistent contact. The coil will only raise a very little bit (if any) when heated. Like 1.3 up to 1.5 ohms.

B. You have to take into consideration the size bit other people are using for their wraps. 8 tighter wraps will equal 5 wraps that are a little thicker.

I use 29 gauge kanthal. 4-5 wraps gets me at 1.6 ohms, which is perfect for me.

The resistance raises not only* when heated but it can steadily raise over time through use. I've heard it happens when gunk starts to form on them but I don't rebuild, I only use premade heads for my tanks so I don't know for sure the reason.

*Edit: added a key word that was missing lol

I really hate the United States Postal Service.

They are so unreliable its a joke.

Anyway, still waiting on vape mail that should of been here yesterday, hopefully they will come in today and tomorrow.

Here's what i'm waiting for

Five Pawns - Gambit
Hurricane Vapor - Pineapple Cheesecake
Juicy Vapor - Tribute and Varocious Merriment

Innokin iClear30B

My opinions incoming after some time with them. First impressions this weekend.

Alright, Pineapple Cheesecake came today.

First Impressions:
- Packaging is top notch. 15ml bottle. A nice, rectangular cube, glass bottle with black top cap, the dripper top cap comes in another separate little bag with the business card.
- Its a 70/30 pg.
- I've been vaping 50/50 for the past 6 months or so, so the fact that this is less VG I can tell immediately by the feel in my mouth and obviously a little less vapor.
- Throat hit feels light for a 12mg. It actually feels great in my RDA, but usually 12mg in this setup are too harsh for me, so it will probably be light in a clearomizer.
- Smell out of the bottle is all pineapple.
- The inhale is also all pineapple. On the exhale I get a little cheesecake.

Phil said these have to sit, and that the cheesecake would come out and I see that this is what I'm going to have to do.

But this flavor is impressive off the get go and I have very high hopes.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Alright, Pineapple Cheesecake came today.

First Impressions:
- Packaging is top notch. 15ml bottle. A nice, rectangular cube, glass bottle with black top cap, the dripper top cap comes in another separate little bag with the business card.
- Its a 70/30 pg.
- I've been vaping 50/50 for the past 6 months or so, so the fact that this is less VG I can tell immediately by the feel in my mouth and obviously a little less vapor.
- Throat hit feels light for a 12mg. It actually feels great in my RDA, but usually 12mg in this setup are too harsh for me, so it will probably be light in a clearomizer.
- Smell out of the bottle is all pineapple.
- The inhale is also all pineapple. On the exhale I get a little cheesecake.

Phil said these have to sit, and that the cheesecake would come out and I see that this is what I'm going to have to do.

But this flavor is impressive off the get go and I have very high hopes.

I'm not really a huge fan of cheesecake blends I've tried quite a few because my wife vapes various cheesecake flavors exclusively. I have been looking for a really good pineapple flavor though. Do you have any places you recommend that have a really strong and pronounced pineapple flavor.

I've tried Pineapple Pulp from AVE and it's alright but I'd like something with even more pineapple flavor.

I'm not really a huge fan of cheesecake blends I've tried quite a few because my wife vapes various cheesecake flavors exclusively. I have been looking for a really good pineapple flavor though. Do you have any places you recommend that have a really strong and pronounced pineapple flavor.

I've tried Pineapple Pulp from AVE and it's alright but I'd like something with even more pineapple flavor.

Dude, this is very pineapple-ey. I'm sure the cheesecake will kick in later, but I can imagine it staying mostly pineapple. Not to mention this is 70/30 so it won't be like a thick cheesecake.

The only other pineapple-type liquid i've tried is Pina Colada from Mt. Baker Vapor and its pretty solid. I tend to like juices that are a little smooth and creamy and that one is not, its all punch and flavor.

DietRob

Dude, this is very pineapple-ey. I'm sure the cheesecake will kick in later, but I can imagine it staying mostly pineapple. Not to mention this is 70/30 so it won't be like a thick cheesecake.

The only other pineapple-type liquid i've tried is Pina Colada from Mt. Baker Vapor and its pretty solid. I tend to like juices that are a little smooth and creamy and that one is not, its all punch and flavor.

I've always heard good things about Mt.Baker but I've never tried them. This is the push I need I'll put an order together from them this weekend. I need some more variety and would love to find another juice maker as solid as AVE has been for me.

Chopper

We should do an international juice trade for those vendors that don't ship abroad. For example I love the sound of that Pineapple Cheesecake juice but can't find a way to buy it here in the UK. Likewise, I would like for you guys to try some of the Chefs Vapour juices that I love.

I had problems with my Pro Tank 3 a few hours after filling it. The draw became increasingly tight, and I was getting a bit of flooding. A bit of Googling suggests that the quality of heads can vary quite a bit, and the viscosity of your juice can have an effect too. I swapped out the head last night and am having a slightly better time with it, but I am definitely limiting use of the 3 to those occasions when dripping is simply not appropriate or if I am out of the house for a long period of time.

Back to my Clockworks for the time being then. A little disappointing I suppose, but it just highlights how fucking awesome RDAs are.

DietRob

I'd absolutely be down for a 'juice swap' kinda like we used to do that 'GAF candy swap' I'm not sure how to plan the logistics of it but I would certainly participate.

I'd be more than happy to ship you guys any juice you want that doesn't ship internationally. Just take care of the funds and I'll put it in the mailbox when I recieve it.

Alrighty, got Gambit tonight.

Wow, this one is interesting.

First Impressions:

- Packaging: Top notch. Nothing more to say. Everything is beautiful, the order comes with their mission statement, how they got started and what they stand for. The five pawns are their 5 staple flavors that hit all of your taste buds and sensors.

- Smell: The smell is spicey and pie crusty. This immediately worried me because desert vapes with bread tastes (pie crusts specifically) are very overpowering for me, and this one smells like tons of spiced apple pie bread.

- Throat hit: Hits like I would expect a 12mg to hit. No complaints here.

- Vapor: At 50/50 no complaints. A nice amount of vapor

- Flavor: This is where things get complex. There is a lot going on here. But I'm mainly getting a spiced apple with a lot of pie crust. Light on the inhale, all pie and spice on the exhale. This is a strong vape. I can't imagine vaping this all day, it will be something I drip after dinner and relax. I'm sure I will continue to learn more flavors as I vape.

Overall: My first impressions of this aren't a home run. Its a little too spicey and pie crusty to me. I'm not getting nearly enough apple as I'd like and I'm not getting much of any vanilla and whipped cream.

Hopefully I will learn to love this. I'm definitely not throwing it in my kayfun just yet, too strong and powerful for that right now. This isn't an All Day Vape.

I don't feel the gambit is as strong as you say, but the apple is the dominant flavor. We got ours in 6mg and my kayfun tank went quickly that day.

im more partial to the grandmaster myself

Got thug juice today. Pretty damn good. Different, but in a good way. Loaded it into a new protank 3, I'm happy all around.

So I'm looking to get my first mod. I'm liking my ego-c twist, but now that I'm using protanks, it is just too top heavy, and I'm looking for more battery life. I've already bought too many tanks, cartos, etc. I'm looking to buy just one mod. Smoktech SID has my eye so far. Yay or nay?

Just got an email from GotVapes saying their website has been cloned by a site whose URL starts as "e-gotvapes." The intent is phishing. So just a heads up to everyone to double check your urls.

Edit: To be clear.. the email is saying that people are ending up on the phishing site via Search Engines. So as a reminder the GotVapes website url is "gotvapes.com" There should be no "e-" in the front. A key clue is that GotVapes does not redirect you to an offsite payment service. They use an onsite HTTPS payment layer. According to the email.

Just bought a caravela Hcigar, brass edition with all 3 tubes. I think i'm going to pick up some sony 30 amp batteries

the idea is to run dual coils at about .7 to .8 ohms

I've been hearing about a "magnet" mod for the Nemesis switch and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it? What exactly do the magnets do for it?

I've been loving my Nemesis but I do have some problems with the switch ie. the pin screw likes to loosen up throughout the day and I have to manually take out the screw and retighten it.

Broseybrose

After hearing about it for months, I finally picked up some Boba Tea (Bubble Tea) from Ahlusion.us. Wow, what they all say is true. This creamy sweet flavor is really perfect. It's also my definition of an all day vape; Completely delicious, yet smooth enough to want to vape all day. It has become an instant favorite since it arrived last week.

All I can say to this forum is you owe it to yourself to try it if you haven't...

I've been hearing about a "magnet" mod for the Nemesis switch and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it? What exactly do the magnets do for it?

I've been loving my Nemesis but I do have some problems with the switch ie. the pin screw likes to loosen up throughout the day and I have to manually take out the screw and retighten it.
The magnets replace the spring in the switch.

Got my Innokin iClear30B in yesterday.

I really love the way this thing looks, I got it in green and very glad I did. Looks great. The drip tip it comes with was kinda wiggly so I'm gonna have to put one of my own drip tips on there when I actually fill it up. I unscrewed the top cap and took out the head just to look around and see whats what. I had a hell of a hard time screwing the top cap back on. Couldn't get the threads to catch and didn't wanna ruin the threads on the clear section. But I finally got it back on.

I'm getting two new juices in tomorrow and hoping that I like one of them enough to fill up the iClear30B with it. If not, I'll throw something in it to test it out.

am_dragon

I got my Aqua clone in yesterday, I'm really enjoying it. I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, let it dry, then scrubbed it with dish soap and a toothbrush. Building it was a bit of a pain, I was shooting for over 1 ohm but ended up settling on .9 ohms. Wrapping 2 coils on the same wire leaving just enough space between to get it on the post was a challenge.

The taste is fantastic. I have a vine ripened blackberry that has a lighter taste and I couldn't stand it in a dripping atomizer and it very nice in the Aqua. The tank is a bit small, and I'm sure it won't get me though the day like the Kayfun will. Overall though it's a very nice setup, with a much better adjustable airflow solution than the Kayfun Lite clone.

Here is the one I got for reference: Aqua Styled RBA

I got my Aqua clone in yesterday, I'm really enjoying it. I cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol, let it dry, then scrubbed it with dish soap and a toothbrush. Building it was a bit of a pain, I was shooting for over 1 ohm but ended up settling on .9 ohms. Wrapping 2 coils on the same wire leaving just enough space between to get it on the post was a challenge.

The taste is fantastic. I have a vine ripened blackberry that has a lighter taste and I couldn't stand it in a dripping atomizer and it very nice in the Aqua. The tank is a bit small, and I'm sure it won't get me though the day like the Kayfun will. Overall though it's a very nice setup, with a much better adjustable airflow solution than the Kayfun Lite clone.

Here is the one I got for reference: Aqua Styled RBA

if you find the tank a bit small on the aqua, you should try filling it upside. there are videos on the subject. you fill it similar to you would fill a Taifun GT.

you'll get about 3 - 3.5 ml in it that way

daw840

Tried some juice from a friend the other day from a vendor called The Vapor Chef. It was delicious. So I immediately spent forty bucks on the website. I'm a sucker for this shit. Lol

Tried some juice from a friend the other day from a vendor called The Vapor Chef. It was delicious. So I immediately spent forty bucks on the website. I'm a sucker for this shit. Lol

They are in my home state. I think their apple bourbon tobacco is good. I find their flavors to be a bit much. I wish it were more subtle

Rizific

thanks for the heads up. i see some flavors that id like to try

The threads aren't as nice, and most importantly, the draw is way too tight. I suppose you could drill that bit out to improve it some. The threads on mine are worse than the EHpro, and much worse than the HCigar

I'm only aware of two different Aqua clones and mine hasn't arrived yet so i can't compare those from experience

BTW, i really like my cupcake city from AiV (after a month of steeping) but this orange creamsicle is no orange now and like unsweetened cream. very weird as it started off all orange and no cream.

Thanks for the advice, just decided to go for it and order a EHPro KFL+

am_dragon

As stated before they replace the springs in the switch. I used these from DX.com. Totally worth the $4.00. I used 3 magnets, 2 bottom, 1 top on each of my Nemesis clones. I gave a few to a friend and have a couple left over. They are handy for finding kanthal and tiny screws on the counter.

As for function, the device will not fire standing up with a large tank on top. Switch will no longer catch when firing, or loosen though out the day. One of my Nemesis clones needed a touch of lubricant to make is super smooth, the other did not. Highly recommended.

Tuvoc

Has anyone tried any of the sour candy flavors from Mount Baker?

I need some new juice and I love sour candy so I'm wondering how they are.

As stated before they replace the springs in the switch. I used these from DX.com. Totally worth the $4.00. I used 3 magnets, 2 bottom, 1 top on each of my Nemesis clones. I gave a few to a friend and have a couple left over. They are handy for finding kanthal and tiny screws on the counter.

As for function, the device will not fire standing up with a large tank on top. Switch will no longer catch when firing, or loosen though out the day. One of my Nemesis clones needed a touch of lubricant to make is super smooth, the other did not. Highly recommended.

Thank you good sir, looks like it'll fix my problem if it'll make it so the switch won't loosen up!

So I just emailed Phil Busardo about Drippers and what makes the more expensive ones that much better.

He actually responded with in 10 minutes.

Here's his response

Let's get to the bottom line...

"If I were to blindfold you for 3 days and you were to take the same coil on an IGO-L and a Trident/Crown/Castle, etc. Would you be able to tell the difference? "

Probably NOT! But maybe. Most wouldn't be willing to tell you that, but I will. :)

What makes one dripper more expensive is looks, materials, features, conductivity, and who's making it.

Some are overwhelmingly overpriced!

Two of the features I look for in a dripper are ease of build (IE holes in the posts) and adjustable airflow.

I personally like to be able to tailor the airflow to my vaping needs. Let's say a dripper is setup for single or dual coils, ideally, if you're building a single coil, it should allow for air to JUST that coil. If you're building duals, then you should be able to feed air to both those coils. If no matter what you're building, you should be able to adjust the airflow to your liking.

Hope that helps!

-PBusardo

I've only dripped on an IGO-L and an IGO-W. I prefer the IGO-W deck with the L top cap.

I understand the adjustable airflow thing, that will be a requirement in my next purchase, but I AM NOT paying over $50 for a deck with 3 posts and a cap.

So I just emailed Phil Busardo about Drippers and what makes the more expensive ones that much better.

He actually responded with in 10 minutes.

Here's his response

I've only dripped on an IGO-L and an IGO-W. I prefer the IGO-W deck with the L top cap.

I understand the adjustable airflow thing, that will be a requirement in my next purchase, but I AM NOT paying over $50 for a deck with 3 posts and a cap.

I read that email in his voice. lol

Rizific

I just got a patriot clone from a local spot for $30 the other day. Still not as cheap as some online retailers, but still not as ridiculous as the $80ish they want for a real one. No way in hell I'm paying that much for a small piece of metal. And the $200 mech mods? For a tube that holds a battery? Nope. I'll pay $30 tops for that too. I also have a nimbus clone coming in from fast tech that cost $7. I'll compare that to my $30 pat clone.

I just got a patriot clone from a local spot for $30 the other day. Still not as cheap as some online retailers, but still not as ridiculous as the $80ish they want for a real one. No way in hell I'm paying that much for a small piece of metal. And the $200 mech mods? For a tube that holds a battery? Nope. I'll pay $30 tops for that too. I also have a nimbus clone coming in from fast tech that cost $7. I'll compare that to my $30 pat clone.

I agree.

And that was the main reason I emailed Phil.... Do these expensive atty.'s have some magical top cap design that maximized flavor and vapor? Does the materials in the base and posts make the conductivity of the atty far superior?

The answer to all these questions has to be NO. They get away with those prices because: A) They look cool - most of them
B) There is some attention to detail and higher level of craftsmanship (but not that much to warrant the price
C) The name of the person who is making it. At this point, Svoemesto can throw his name on a pale of shit and everyone would buy it

As far as atty.'s go. I really like the look of the Helios, Crown, and Castle. I'll look for very discounted used or clones of those.

I already went ahead and ordered a Trident clone from fast tech for $17. They are on holiday until february 5. So hopefully i'll have it by april :(

The V2 is better than the regular trident for a few reasons. They changed the design to mimic the Atomic RDA. It has the air holes all on the reduced chamber (better flavor). You then put the ring on and the top cap screws on locking your air flow choice in.

I got my clone for $38. I've had 2 trident clones and I will say it's worth the difference in price.

I want an atomic (best flavor) but im not spending $80+ for one.

62fhKJ1.jpg

iClear30B put to use today.

This thing is cool. Looks great, went with the green tint.

After having used the KFL+ for the past month or so, feels weird having something of shit lesser quality on here.

Flavor is fantastic, vapor is good. The draw is really airy for me. I wish it was tighter. And the black stripes on the outside are already starting to rub off.

But I love this thing and will definitely be buying a couple more. No dry hits yet and its been a couple hours of very long draws. Not getting the throat hit I like and I'm already pumping it up to 11 watts. I dont wanna go higher than that.

Got my caravela setup with a sony 30 amp battery in 18650 mode (brass edition) with my newly aquired Aqua at .9 vaping Gentlemen's Reserve from steamco.

Aquired a fully steeped bottle of Grandmaster yesterday in a group deal. Purchased a bottle of Grandmaster, Absolute Pin, and a sample pack (minus the gambit) in another group deal.

Need to find an adjustable center pin replacement and a stiffer spring for this caravela, but I really like it so far. Probably will recoil it down to .7 tomorrow

Ill post some up tomorrow for sure. Really want to load up some bobas in this setup for some really dense clouds. My provari with the taifun is still laughting at it after putting the new deck on it and loaded it up with Bobas for the Mrs.

I think i have about 140 mLs of Boba's on hand now,

Getting this fully steeped bottle of Grandmaster really has me liking it even more than before. Its about 3 shades darker and 20% better, Definitely my top spot.

I recommend going to the thesteamco.com and picking up their 2 reserve flavors. Orchard reserve is the apple from gambit, but with a an unsweetened toffee exhale with some oaky notes to it. Their Gentlemen's Reserve is a knock off of 5 pawns castle long reserve. Coconut with vanilla and carmel. Very very good none the less.

You can get 25% off with FB25OFF before the end of this month so be quick if you want to. I have 2 more bottles coming tomorrow.

Top Bottom