• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

This is the HCigar clone off of eBay. Came with all 3 tubes. I wish it came with more center posts cut in different lengths like the real one. This pin is too long for the aqua to sit flush. All in all, very nice device. I think I'm going to purposely not polish the brass to get a nice patina going.

EHPro Trident clone came in yesterday from DiscountVapers.

Washed out machine shavings and fired her up. Metal taste.

Cleaned thoroughly with hot water, removed center pin and cleaned down good. Still metal taste.

Its sitting in a cup full of vodka now, all I had at home was Grey Goose :( , gonna give it 24hrs.

I really wanna see how/if there is a dripper that can perform better than my $14 Igo-W. I mean its a deck with 3 posts and a cap. I will not spend all my money trying to find out. I'll maybe give one more dripper a try after this trident, but I think I already know my answer.

chances are you wont going with a trident v1. you really need a reduced chamber to get better taste I think.

i've already had to use acetone and gasoline to get rid of metal taste from a dripper. ive learned to trust my smell when it comes to that sort of thing now.

chances are you wont going with a trident v1. you really need a reduced chamber to get better taste I think.

i've already had to use acetone and gasoline to get rid of metal taste from a dripper. ive learned to trust my smell when it comes to that sort of thing now.

Vodka seamed to work.

This Tribute from JuicyVapor is really tasty. Its peaches and lychee.

daw840

Got my order in from The Vapor Chef. The Hobbes Blood is really really good. It all came ver nicely packaged, they even gave me a free sample at 12 mg nicotine. Which I appreciate since other companies give free samples with 0 nic level. There was also a nice little velvet bag to put all of the bottles in. I'll be ordering from them again.

Good Life Vapor - Deadly Sin

Boys, this one is gooooood.

There isn't really a description on their website. Its described as a tobacco bakery vape.

I am getting all kinds of delightful bakery flavors. Sometimes its vanilla cupcakes, sometimes its cinnabons with vanilla frosting. But its always delicious. I'll get the hint of tobacco sometimes, but I wouldn't call it a tobacco. The hint of cinnamon and crust sort of reminds you of tobacco. But its all desert.

Phil describes it as, "Cinnabon and Rice Krispies treats."

This is amazing. And at a very good price.

Good stuff. I'm hung up on grandmaster from 5p and the two reserves from steamco. I heard they are coming out with a new reserve so I'm sure I'll add that to the rotation as well.

am_dragon

Don't leave your Nemesis mod standing unlocked unattended.

I know this sounds stupid but I've had it sitting on my desk in front of me for a month unlocked. Never fired once springs or magnets. I set it down and walked away a few minutes later my wife yelled "your mod is really hot" not missing the double entendre I walked into find juice bubbling out of the tank and a very hot Nemesis. I pulled the battery and let everything cool off.

That night I charged the battery, no problems there. When cleaning everything up I found that the small plastic insulator under the positive post was slightly melted. If anyone knows where I could find that part I would really appreciate the advice.

daw840

Don't leave your Nemesis mod standing unlocked unattended.

I know this sounds stupid but I've had it sitting on my desk in front of me for a month unlocked. Never fired once springs or magnets. I set it down and walked away a few minutes later my wife yelled "your mod is really hot" not missing the double entendre I walked into find juice bubbling out of the tank and a very hot Nemesis. I pulled the battery and let everything cool off.

That night I charged the battery, no problems there. When cleaning everything up I found that the small plastic insulator under the positive post was slightly melted. If anyone knows where I could find that part I would really appreciate the advice.

Damn...that fucking sucks. I don't really know where to get parts for a Nemesis, but you might try emailing a site that sells it. IDK.

i would throw that battery out and get a new one to be safe.

i can't imagine ever setting down a mech mod with a bottom button and not locking the thing. good thing your wife noticed.

am_dragon

Damn...that fucking sucks. I don't really know where to get parts for a Nemesis, but you might try emailing a site that sells it. IDK.

Sorry, the small part is for my Aqua, I left that out. The little plastic insulator is under the positive post of an Aqua RBA not the nemesis. The device was hot but it didn't burn when I touched it. I was able to pick it up, and unscrew it bare handed.

I'm seeing an increasing trend (on Instagram via the #vapestagram tag) of people rocking Igo-W's with clear or custom top caps.

Nice to see a non $75 dripper getting love.

My Igo-W hits better than my Trident clone. I'd like a new cap for the igo but they all cost more than the unit itself cost.

daw840

Sorry, the small part is for my Aqua, I left that out. The little plastic insulator is under the positive post of an Aqua RBA not the nemesis. The device was hot but it didn't burn when I touched it. I was able to pick it up, and unscrew it bare handed.
Yeah...it would still be worth a shot to email a vendor I would think. Might get lucky.

Rizific

patriot clone on the left and chimbus on the right. first of all, i LOVE the patriot. i am not impressed with the chimbus. its the v5 version from fasttech. couple things i dont like about it. the post screws require a very small allen key instead of the phillips head that every other rda uses. its not as wide as the patriot which leads to it not having as much space to build and not sitting flush with my mod. the quality overall just feels really cheap. its the version with 4 air holes but the draw is still very tight, no biggy because those can be bored out.

now what i DO like is that when you remove the drip tip, you can easily drip down onto the wick. note the patriot's hole is much much smaller which means i have to take off the whole top cap to drip. now what i want is an rda with the space and size of the patriot with the ability to drip onto the wicks by simply taking off the drip tip like the nimbus and feel nice and sturdy like the patriot. must also be available as a clone. what rda should i look into?

patriot clone on the left and chimbus on the right. first of all, i LOVE the patriot. i am not impressed with the chimbus. its the v5 version from fasttech. couple things i dont like about it. the post screws require a very small allen key instead of the phillips head that every other rda uses. its not as wide as the patriot which leads to it not having as much space to build and not sitting flush with my mod. the quality overall just feels really cheap. its the version with 4 air holes but the draw is still very tight, no biggy because those can be bored out.

now what i DO like is that when you remove the drip tip, you can easily drip down onto the wick. note the patriot's hole is much much smaller which means i have to take off the whole top cap to drip. now what i want is an rda with the space and size of the patriot with the ability to drip onto the wicks by simply taking off the drip tip like the nimbus and feel nice and sturdy like the patriot. must also be available as a clone. what rda should i look into?

I drip right into my Igo-W with drip tip removed.

Trident clone the same, but a little tighter than Igo-w

any chance you can take a pic of the two in the same position as i did? i would greatly appreciate it.

Fn72LFZ.jpg

Igo-W (with Igo-L top cap, they both have same diameter hole, I like the look of the L top cap better) on the right. Trident on left.

Man, lately when I've been giong back to something really fruity from my collection that I haven't had in a while it gives me a headache instantly. Never used to do that.

I've been enjoying bakery vapes these days.

Yesterday was Strawberry Brulee from Moutain Oak Vapor. There was a little left this morning so I throw some Banana Nut Bread from Mountain Oak on top of it.

Its gonna be a good day.

I've been vaping Bread of Heaven by Druid's Brew in the UK. Probably my favourite flavour now, I've been vaping it for the better part of a week without changing flavours which I don't think I've done before. And I can't even tell you what flavour it is. It's incredibly complex, I think it has a tobacco base but with a citrus note and a malty, cakey flavour too.

Chopper

I've been vaping Bread of Heaven by Druid's Brew in the UK. Probably my favourite flavour now, I've been vaping it for the better part of a week without changing flavours which I don't think I've done before. And I can't even tell you what flavour it is. It's incredibly complex, I think it has a tobacco base but with a citrus note and a malty, cakey flavour too.
Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds great. Just ordered a bit.

Edit: Do I need to let it steep?

I used to vape like last year or the year before. I have a Green Smoke starter kit, but no more cartomizers. I've been meaning to get back into vaping (I unfortunately fell back into a bad cigarette addiction). Unfortunately, I've come to find out that Green Smoke will no longer ship nicotine filled cartomizers to Canada. I really want nicotine cartomizers. Are there any places that sell alternate cartomizers that are compatible wit ha Green Smoke e-cigarette? Or are there any places that sell empty cartomizers that I can easily refill? Preferably the store should be based in Canada, I don't want any issues like this going forward. I also don't want to drop money on a whole new e-cigarette.. (even though I hear others What should I do? Please help. I don't like knowing that I may have a useless e-cigarette that I spent over $100 on.

for now, I'll stick to Belmonts cigarettes. Someone help me =(

OMG

discovered there's a vape shop no more than 3 minutes from me. friend turned me onto it, took some pictures after I asked him to, came over, then we both went back to the shop.

i wound up buying a nemesis clone and he purchased a taifun GT.

guy behind the counter was knowledgeable enough. prices could have been better but $40 for a nemmy clone isn't bad IMO.

I used to vape like last year or the year before. I have a Green Smoke starter kit, but no more cartomizers. I've been meaning to get back into vaping (I unfortunately fell back into a bad cigarette addiction). Unfortunately, I've come to find out that Green Smoke will no longer ship nicotine filled cartomizers to Canada. I really want nicotine cartomizers. Are there any places that sell alternate cartomizers that are compatible wit ha Green Smoke e-cigarette? Or are there any places that sell empty cartomizers that I can easily refill? Preferably the store should be based in Canada, I don't want any issues like this going forward. I also don't want to drop money on a whole new e-cigarette.. (even though I hear others What should I do? Please help. I don't like knowing that I may have a useless e-cigarette that I spent over $100 on.

for now, I'll stick to Belmonts cigarettes. Someone help me =(

Looks like Green Smoke uses an "E9" connection. 99% of cartomizers use a 510 connection. Luckily there is an E9 to 510 adapter out there. (I think I saw Vapure has them.)

So you can grab that adapter and pick up some Boge or CE3 cartomizers. I have used both and they perform very well. You will have to purchase juice yourself and fill them up but they are not difficult to fill. And they will be tons cheaper than your Green Smoke cartomizers.

Looks like Green Smoke uses an "E9" connection. 99% of cartomizers use a 510 connection. Luckily there is an E9 to 510 adapter out there. (I think I saw Vapure has them.)

So you can grab that adapter and pick up some Boge or CE3 cartomizers. I have used both and they perform very well. You will have to purchase juice yourself and fill them up but they are not difficult to fill. And they will be tons cheaper than your Green Smoke cartomizers.

awesome, sounds good. do you know if there any Canadian retailers that ship to Toronto that share these items? or rather, which ones are reliable?

Anton668

ok, so I ordered 1 of the starter kits from the OP.

this is due to the fact that my GF wants me to quit smoking in the house (shes a ex-smoker(and I swear ex-smokers are worse than non-smokers. its like they feel they have to make up for past sins or something! lol)) and the mark 10 she got me... how can I say this tactfully..... fucking sucks!

gonna head to a local vape shop when it arrives to pick up some juice. anything to look for when choosing. any tips for a beginner?

ok, so I ordered 1 of the starter kits from the OP.

this is due to the fact that my GF wants me to quit smoking in the house (shes a ex-smoker(and I swear ex-smokers are worse than non-smokers. its like they feel they have to make up for past sins or something! lol)) and the mark 10 she got me... how can I say this tactfully..... fucking sucks!

gonna head to a local vape shop when it arrives to pick up some juice. anything to look for when choosing. any tips for a beginner?

Hey man, congrats on taking the first step.

If you are not getting a satisfying result from the equipment you get, don't get frustrated, we will help you fine tune everything to keep you of the stinkies and keep your GF happy.

As far as flavors go, juice is made up of two key components, PG and VG. PG is mainly for flavor, VG is for vapor. So ask your local place what their mix is. Some people prefer more VG because it gives off bigger clouds and its thicker on the throat. So if you find that your places juice is 70/30 (PG/VG) and you desire more vapor, then maybe look into some online vendors that are 50/50 or even weighted 70/30 in VG's favor.

Good luck, we are here to help.

Joe

So i've never vaped a top shelf juice before and I want to change that.

I've always bought the cheaper low/mid tier stuff because of cost but I'm willing to splurge a little now.

Do any top tier juice manufacturers/vendors offer a variety pack (that don't take 2 weeks to ship)?

If not, I might try Alien Visions - Boba's Bounty.

Joe

I've tried a tobacco flavor before, it was some no-name vendor and the flavor was simply called "Tobacco" and I hated it... Boba's Bounty was really highly rated that's why I was willing to try it.

Ideally I could get a variety/sample pack from a high level vendor and try a few at once but I'm having trouble finding a highly rated vendor that sells such a pack.

I've tried a tobacco flavor before, it was some no-name vendor and the flavor was simply called "Tobacco" and I hated it... Boba's Bounty was really highly rated that's why I was willing to try it.

Ideally I could get a variety/sample pack from a high level vendor and try a few at once but I'm having trouble finding a highly rated vendor that sells such a pack.

Try five pawns or alice in vapeland

Broseybrose

I mostly vape tobacco flavors and Ive had from so many different vendors; I could tell you what I like, though taste is subjective.

Blend 4 from AVE
Burley Beard from Velvet Cloud Vapor
Vurley from Ahlusion
Coumarin Pipe from Mt. Baker
Candied Cavendish from The Plume Room

So i've never vaped a top shelf juice before and I want to change that.

I've always bought the cheaper low/mid tier stuff because of cost but I'm willing to splurge a little now.

Do any top tier juice manufacturers/vendors offer a variety pack (that don't take 2 weeks to ship)?

If not, I might try Alien Visions - Boba's Bounty.

Check out Backwards Brew and ePipe Mods.

EPipe's Oak Barrel Cider is supposed to be ridiculous

My EHPRO KFL+ just got in and looks great but the driptip that came with it is extremely wobbly and comes off with the slightest amount of force. Is there a fix for this?

What's the general consensus on Blu?

The Blu disposables, like pretty much all disposables, is horrible quality flavor (but still better than analog smokes). Their higher end battery/cart system (shaped like a pack of cigs) is better but still has relatively poor battery life and is much more expensive than a custom setup.

Basically they're ok for vaping newcomers to get a general idea about vaping. I started with them and liked them well enough. However there are plenty of custom options that are just as easy to use, cost less money, and will give you better performance. They'll require you to order from a website if you don't have a physical store in your area but the payoff is well worth it.

Kagey K

Banned
Blu wasn't enough for me to quit smoking. I eventually went right back to smoking. eGo twist + pro tank got me to quit.

Just past my 1 year. Started off and on regular egos then moved up to Twists. Kept them going all year, and now just got the itaste 3.0 vv and man what a difference it made. I love it. It square it's sexy and it delivers. I went in looking to upgrade my standard egos to spinners, but couldn't resist the I taste once I used it.

I have been using vivi novas since I started. Tried the Kanger t2 and t3 and the vision stardust, but they all flooded, failed or leaked. Since then the Evod, Protank, and aspire Bcc have come out.

Is there a tank that can upgrade my vape while also being easy to use or should I stick with my novas? I keep thinking about trying the aspire bcc nova, but I am not sure of the build quality.

Just past my 1 year. Started off and on regular egos then moved up to Twists. Kept them going all year, and now just got the itaste 3.0 vv and man what a difference it made. I love it. It square it's sexy and it delivers. I went in looking to upgrade my standard egos to spinners, but couldn't resist the I taste once I used it.

I have been using vivi novas since I started. Tried the Kanger t2 and t3 and the vision stardust, but they all flooded, failed or leaked. Since then the Evod, Protank, and aspire Bcc have come out.

Is there a tank that can upgrade my vape while also being easy to use or should I stick with my novas? I keep thinking about trying the aspire bcc nova, but I am not sure of the build quality.

The main tank I use on my iTaste 3.0 is the Pro Tank 3. It hasn't leaked or flooded once, it's easy to fill and super easy to clean as it pretty much comes completely apart. Also I agree, the iTaste 3.0 is a great upgrade from a twist. Similar size, similar battery length, not too expensive and packed full of features.

Top Bottom