• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Chopper

The main tank I use on my iTaste 3.0 is the Pro Tank 3. It hasn't leaked or flooded once, it's easy to fill and super easy to clean as it pretty much comes completely apart. Also I agree, the iTaste 3.0 is a great upgrade from a twist. Similar size, similar battery length, not too expensive and packed full of features.
Jealous. My Protank 3 kept flooding, and the draw would tighten over the course of the day. I've stopped using it.

My Bread of Heaven just arrived. Gonna give it a quick honk.

Edit:
AWefARZ.jpg

Chopper

I've been using rebuildables for some time now. I can't imagine using anything else now. I've had no experience with those, sorry
I've been vaping long enough know to know that whatever clearo/carto/tank you use, whether it be top or bottom fed, comes with a risk of flooding or leakage. Everything I've tried starts out fine, but deteriorates as juice thickens, or uneven draws pull too much juice through and it floods. Everything.

Which is why my RDA is my go-to. I assume the kayfun lite
clone
will be an eye-opener though.

Just past my 1 year. Started off and on regular egos then moved up to Twists. Kept them going all year, and now just got the itaste 3.0 vv and man what a difference it made. I love it. It square it's sexy and it delivers. I went in looking to upgrade my standard egos to spinners, but couldn't resist the I taste once I used it.

I have been using vivi novas since I started. Tried the Kanger t2 and t3 and the vision stardust, but they all flooded, failed or leaked. Since then the Evod, Protank, and aspire Bcc have come out.

Is there a tank that can upgrade my vape while also being easy to use or should I stick with my novas? I keep thinking about trying the aspire bcc nova, but I am not sure of the build quality.

Right now, there is tons of hype around the Nautilus tank. It looks a little steam-punk ish but people love it.

I have the Innokin iClear30B and I really like it. Its not glass (like Nautilus or Pro Tank III) but its a solid bottom coil clearo.

And the Pro Tank III seams to have alleviated most, if not all, of the hate that people had with Pro Tanks. Outside of Grimm Green (who absolutely HATES the pro tanks) I have heard good things about the Pro Tank III.

If you do it right, the taifun and the kayfun won't ever leak. I highly recommend those 2 attys

My aqua leaks at bit right after filling. Once your vacuum settles, that one won't leak either

daw840

I'll throw in my recommendation for the Nautilus. I live mine. I burn through about 5 milliliters of juice a day and about one atty every week and a half or so.

I want to try the Nautilus, I've heard great things. Seems like it'd be a bit big for an iTaste 3.0 though.

Jealous. My Protank 3 kept flooding, and the draw would tighten over the course of the day. I've stopped using it.

Edit:
AWefARZ.jpg

That's a shame, I've been very lucky with my Pro Tanks; no issues with the 1st or 3rd, though the 3 performs better. Glad you like Bread of Heaven; it isn't a taste I think everyone would like. If you're looking for something else to try, I've been very satisfied with Mrs Lord & Co. I've enjoyed Seville Marmalade, Kendal Mint Cake, Druide and Custard Cream, Sarsaparilla being the only one that I've tried that I didn't like.

AllTheJuices
is also a great way to find new juices, listing vendors from all around the world with user reviews. They now have a way to show the top juices from a specific country, here's the top UK juices.

Chopper

I want to try the Nautilus, I've heard great things. Seems like it'd be a bit big for an iTaste 3.0 though.

That's a shame, I've been very lucky with my Pro Tanks; no issues with the 1st or 3rd, though the 3 performs better. Glad you like Bread of Heaven; it isn't a taste I think everyone would like. If you're looking for something else to try, I've been very satisfied with Mrs Lord & Co. I've enjoyed Seville Marmalade, Kendal Mint Cake, Druide and Custard Cream, Sarsaparilla being the only one that I've tried that I didn't like.

AllTheJuices
is also a great way to find new juices, listing vendors from all around the world with user reviews. They now have a way to show the top juices from a specific country, here's the top UK juices.
Whoop! Jungle Juice represent! That's what I just cleaned out of my Clockworks to make way for BoH.

Thanks for the links. I will defo check some of those out. In the meantime, check out Chef's Vapour. They really are fantastic.

taylor910

Edit:
AWefARZ.jpg

not sure if it's been mentioned, but you can buy the airflow control valve that comes on the aerotank and pop it on the pt3 (or pt2). They are around $5-6.

Read a lot of people saying it brought their protanks back out of retirement.

I bought a Patriot clone from FT and the screws don't even reach the holes in the terminals. AKA your coil doesn't make solid contact.

Any recommendations for another affordable-ish RDA that I can roll coils for and stuff with cotton and that won't be shit quality? With airflow control?

My KFL+ was working fine most of the day but once i got halfway through the plastic tank section with my juice, its starting to leak profusely through the airhole. Is there a fix for this? I don't wanna waste my Mother's Milk :(

Anton668

so my starter kit showed up a day early today! grabbed some juice from a local shop in anticipation and... "batteries arrive fully charged and ready to use" my ass! :(

now I gotta wait...`

am_dragon

If you do it right, the taifun and the kayfun won't ever leak. I highly recommend those 2 attys

My aqua leaks at bit right after filling. Once your vacuum settles, that one won't leak either

I can fill my Aqua without it leaking at all. I use the bottom fill method, you just need to make sure that top seal is in the top ring. I would give the edge to the Aqua over the Kayfun. The juice flow control makes a difference. The tank is smaller and the coils are harder to build, but in my opinion the Aqua is capable of pulling more flavor out of the juice.

I also got a bottle of Indigo Vapor's Captain Ron yesterday. By the time I finished my bottle of Gorilla Juice I was in love, and I saw several reports that this was a slightly better take on it. It's good, I'm going to let it steep a bit before refilling with it. I would say this has more of a candy banana and the AVE juice is a bit more natural banana. I can taste many of those same smooth sweet tobacco notes I got from Gorilla Juice, with an extra layer of sweet something, coconut I think, in there. So if you like Gorilla Juice and wanted something a bit sweeter, this might be the way to go.

The aqua is a bit too airy I think for the best flavor, but it's definitely good. I'd give it to the Taifun personally, but they are all good.

I gave up doing the bottom fill method with the Aqua. It's just not worth IMO. Now, if it had a fill method like the Taifun, then you'd have something there.

Broseybrose

Ive had my Origin clone for a month now, and just yesterday ordered the Aqua from Fasttech. Im really excited to try it out, as the IGO-L is the only rebuildable Ive tried.

I think the IGO-L is a fantastic atomizer, single coil, single airhole, nice and simple, puffs like a dragon. I dont really NEED dual coils, or a tank, but the Aqua is so complementary to my Origin, I had to get it.

Plus, people seem to like it.

Also got some of them Sony 30A 18650s.

Whoop! Jungle Juice represent! That's what I just cleaned out of my Clockworks to make way for BoH.

Thanks for the links. I will defo check some of those out. In the meantime, check out Chef's Vapour. They really are fantastic.

I'm a big fan of Chef's Vapour. Honey and Lemon Menthol and Twisted are my favourites!

Got my iClear 30B today. I like it so far, we'll see if that continues to be the case. Loaded it up with zombie apocalypse from Alice in Vapeland. Not bad. Got around to trying the white rabbit too. Initially, I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's growing on me.

Rizific

just got my order in from mt baker and i figured id leave a little review for my first batch of 4 juices that i got a few weeks ago. before going on though id like to state that these juices, because they are made to order and are essentially "fresh", need quite a bit of steeping time. ill base my reviews on how they were after 2+ weeks of steeping. this was my initial purchase from them so i wanted to get a taste of the real flavor that the juices had to offer so all the juices are 0mg. i also wanted to try different mixes to pg/vg to get a feel for what blend i prefer.

1. thug juice 65/35 1 flavor shot
man what can i say, the hype is real. when i was smoking, i was not a menthol cigarette smoker. that said, i thought that menthol in an ejuice would put me off. not in the slightest bit. straight out of the mail box the taste was pretty good, if not a bit too menthol-y. after the steeping period is when the grape and watermelon undertones started to really come out. nice cool menthol on the inhale, great mix of grape and watermelon on the exhale. needless to say, i finished this bottle first. 5/5

2. berry creamy 20/80 2 flavor shots
i feel that the 2 extra flavor shots really helped this out a lot. the 80vg really added to the thick creamy taste. overall a pretty tasty vape that captured the berry and cream flavor pretty well. finished this bottle after finishing the thug juice. 3.5/5

3. cucumber mint 50/50 1 flavor shot
i thought it would be an interesting choice. its a nice, light, crisp, and refreshing vape. just like how you imagine the drink would be. that said, i found it to be a little too light for my tastes and not very satisfying. 3/5

4. kiwi 80/20 0 flavor shots
this was the freebie that you get for spending over $15. this was my least favorite of them. the kiwi flavor is similar to that of one of those asian kiwi gummy candies. its the sweet candy type of kiwi, not the sweet/sour of the real fruit. definitely wasnt BAD, just not really something that i was into. this one and cucumber mint will probably stay around for a while seeing as though i dont have a desire to vape them. 3/5

my new order that came in was thug juice 80/20 6mg 1 shot and cinnamon roll max vg 1 shot. also, im looking for a vanilla custard juice. i tried a buddies and instantly fell in love. anyone have any recommendations on a good vanilla custard?

highrider

Banned
The standard vape line of juices is pretty incredible, but somewhat pricey.

My favorites are the curious Jorge and cell block four. Curios Jorge is the best banana flavor I've ever had.

TheExodu5

Banned
Just got some iClear 30s this week. Phenomenal. Everything the iClear 30 was, but better. I'm not sure how easy they'll be to clean though. The iClear 30 had a pretty long life since I could dry burn and clean the coils pretty easily, though the wicks didn't perform quite as well over time.

My only complaint is that the top and bottom rings don't look quite as nice as the original. I liked the heavy duty indented design of the original.

Kagey K

Banned
I'll throw in my recommendation for the Nautilus. I live mine. I burn through about 5 milliliters of juice a day and about one atty every week and a half or so.

That tank is huge on my current battery. He'll it's big on an evic. I am looking for something that can still look decent on the battery I am using.

The iClear 30B is officially my favorite now. Feels like a nice solid construction, without the intermittent leaking and gurgling I got with the protank 2 and 3.

April Moon from AiV is my favorite so far out of my sampler. Smooth, subtle, not to sweet. I will be ordering more of this soon.

I had ordered an EHPRO Kayfun Lite + and have been using it off and on for about a week and a half. I was getting massive leaking and airflow issues the entire time; I must have lost at least 7mls of Mother's Milk juice just from leaks out of the side airflow hole.

I had to take the device to a vape shop where they tinkered with it for about 1.5 hours before they decided to take the entire thing apart and found that there was a piece of plastic from the delrin that was stuck in the airflow hole in the center post that was ruining my device. Apparently EHPRO did a shabby job on QAing my device.

Now that the plastic is removed, it vapes great, but now I'm highly skeptical of buying any more EHPRO atomizers. I was about the give up on the device and I wouldn't have had the technical knowledge of it to remedy the situation without the help of the vape shop.

On the bright side, I got a shiny new Infinite Stingray clone coming in. Excited for my new setup to look like this

Vaperev_Blog_Stingray_9.jpg

Yeah I've seen a lot of pics of it from Infinite and all of the reviews so far have been greatly positive and it hits at least as hard as the Caravela/Nemesis clones. The only hiccup I'm cautious for is that the material might not be "phantom brass" but I think phantom brass is just a marketing ploy anyway. It's just a brass/aluminum/copper mix. I wouldn't really ever buy a real one though, I feel that most authentic mods are overpriced for what their purpose is; the only authentic that I'm considering is the V3 Flip.

I'll definitely post pics and impressions when I get it.

Chopper

I went and immediately bought 50mls. Then I finished that last week and bought 4 other flavours to try. They're good, but I just want more Bread of Heaven.
It's so delicious. But I don't even know what flavour it is! It's like a malty... tobacco? Is that what tobacco juices taste like? I don't vape them, I don't really know. But it tastes nothing like tobacco.

It's so delicious. But I don't even know what flavour it is! It's like a malty... tobacco? Is that what tobacco juices taste like? I don't vape them, I don't really know. But it tastes nothing like tobacco.

I have no idea what flavour it is haha. Like you, I've avoided tobacco flavours. I tried one once that I got free, and it tasted nothing like this (and nothing like tobacco). I believe it has a tobacco base, that's what I've derived from reading a few reviews from people who can point it out, but there's other stuff going on that sets it apart and makes it much more complex to pin down. I've seen it described as anything from tobacco and malty to bread, cake, citrus and nutty. Whatever it is... I love it.

Daedalux

Neo Member
So, EUROgaf, where are you ordering yours from?
Here in Portugal the trend is growing but there are almost no stores around where I live.
I'm really looking forward to start vaping as I have been thinking about it for a long time, it's time to pull the trigger.

What's the best equipment to start with?

I took off the airflow screw the first day haha it's still kicking my ass.

Btw where do you guys buy kanthal wire and organic cotton for wick and wire?

I get my kanthal on ebay.

But i checked the other day and couldn't find 29gauge anywhere. Thats what I use. I dont know why its not on ebay all the sudden.

I got my cotton balls from Whole Foods, an all organic store. The brand name is 365.

My local Walgreens (in new jersey) don't have organic cotton balls like most people have.

After my failure a year ago to get into e-cigs im trying again, I got a pack of cheap clearomizer thingys off ebay for my ego-w and got me some pineapple coconut rum juice to use instead of the tobacco one I had tried to use before.

Think im in a better frame of mind to do it this time once my normal cigs run out. It didn't really help first time around that I was somewhat clumsy in filling up the thing first time and one of my clearomizers fell apart spilling a foul smelling liquid over me. Pineapple rum smells better! Wish me luck!

After my failure a year ago to get into e-cigs im trying again, I got a pack of cheap clearomizer thingys off ebay for my ego-w and got me some pineapple coconut rum juice to use instead of the tobacco one I had tried to use before.

Think im in a better frame of mind to do it this time once my normal cigs run out. It didn't really help first time around that I was somewhat clumsy in filling up the thing first time and one of my clearomizers fell apart spilling a foul smelling liquid over me. Pineapple rum smells better! Wish me luck!

Good luck. if thats not doing it for you come back and we can suggest some other things that will help you.

Broseybrose

My theory is that smokers trying to switch to vaping won't make a full conversion until they:

1. Get a PV of your own. No disposables.
2. Buy and try many flavors from many vendors until you find a flavor that you love more than cigarettes.

Once you reach this point it is really easy to put down the cigs for good IMO.

Pete Rock

My theory is that smokers trying to switch to vaping won't make a full conversion until they:
Agreed, and this recent report on nicotine absorption which has been making the rounds lately compares a VV Evic + Evod combination versus old school shitty cig-alikes and helps drive the point home with solid data.

So I've been junked out on the sweet bakery flavors lately. Picked up some new flavors on my last round at TruVape in Vegas.

Alpha Vapes: Sweet Tooth - vanilla ice cream on the inhale and a graham cracker crust on the exhale. Amazing, had to scoop it as soon as it was released, as they are the only new juice company whose entire lineup I have found to be ace. Did not disappoint.

Adic's Burn: Sagot Gulaman - really really good, always good. Tapioca & grass jelly. I revisited a few of their other flavors which are a little sweeter and ended up vaping through 30mls of Ube Halaya - which is Coconut Milk & Taro and is much like all their other flavors based on a traditional Philippine dessert or sweet beverage. It is just so unique, you have to try it. They have another one called Maja Blanca that is Coconut Pudding & Corn which is also excellent but a little too sweet for me. But man, that corn flavor in there is so weirdly enticing.

Epic Juice: Apple Jax - tastes exactly like the cereal, which I have always found to be disgusting. Curiously enough, it has probably the best cinnamon and best red apple flavors I have ever found in a vape and they both compliment each other really well.

Vaporize Me: Capn Munch - Tastes exactly like Captain Crunch cereal, which I was never really fond of as a child, but I really enjoy this one as well. Their "double mint" is also pretty amazing, it tastes exactly like double mint gum but it doesn't have much if any of a menthol taste or feeling at all.

Joe

after a couple days of reading reviews and watching videos until my eyes get bloodshot i finally ordered my first rebuildable....a kraken clone. also got some 30g kanthal to go with it for my v.v. (mvp) device. going to get some organic cotton balls. can't wait to try it out.

a vape shop opened up in town and my friends have mechanical mods now. they're nice but i can't justify the price. i am looking hard at the private v2 clone on fasttech though.

Top Bottom