• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Rizific

im looking for a us based online retailer that sells a stingray clone. preferably with the drip tip. im assuming i should go for the brass version? can anyone point me in the right direction?

daw840

im looking for a us based online retailer that sells a stingray clone. preferably with the drip tip. im assuming i should go for the brass version? can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://www.vividsmoke.com/devices/mechanical-mods/stingray-mod-clone-black-copper.html

http://www.vividsmoke.com/devices/mechanical-mods/stingray-mod-clone.html

http://www.vividsmoke.com/devices/mechanical-mods/stingray-mod-clone.html

This is where I got mine. I got the SS one.

If I'm after flavor I always go with twisted 28 gauge.

Got my quasar RDA last night. Looks amazing on the sting.

1400324370106_zpsawxx1n7i.jpg

I've been looking for an RDA that will support both dual and single coils. I like the looks of this one.

Just ordered one :)

I love my Igo-L to death, just looking for something new.

Rizific

Ouch, those prices are a bit steep. I was able to find an infinite brass Stingray for $35 shipped. My friend referred me to someone on ig who sells at wholesale prices. His name is vapers_room if anyone else is interested.

I've been looking for an RDA that will support both dual and single coils. I like the looks of this one.

Just ordered one :)

I love my Igo-L to death, just looking for something new.

its pretty good. looks great on that device

i would have told you to order a magma RDA clone. this flavor is ridiculous. vapor isn't quite as good but im not bothered.

got 2 free bottles of five pawns from the vape meet yesterday. just ordered a 100ft spool of 26 gauge from ebay today as well

Vaping is an experiment on self control.

I tell myself I'll stop buying gear every week.

...I just bought a Black Hawk.

that's any hobby, really

im pretty much done buying mech mods. the stingray is everything i want in one. if i were to buy another mod, it would be another stingray, just a different color.

i haven't found a tank system i like more than the taifun. i would love to get an expromizer, but im not spending that much for one.

my hana modz are everything i was looking for. sure, if theres another one that comes out that goes to 35 or 40 watts id be interested but its not a big appeal to me

im mainly looking for more, better juice.

My brother, who is a casual smoker, came over last night to watch Game Of Thrones and he had a vape of my KFL+ on Magneto with Five Pawns Castle Long in it. He was amazed and smoked the thing on and off the whole night.

The conversation of, "How much would it cost me to get into this exact setup" surely followed and he was immediately disinterested after the price and explaining the process of building a coil.

He tried some other juice I had in my Nautilus but it tastes like ass after vaping Castle Long on the KFL all night. I just gotta convince him that building coils is... fun? It sort of is. I have my KFL+ but been wanting another one, specifically a Russian, and got a really good deal on one on ECF so it came in saturday and i was excited like a kid to build on it. Sucks that I built a 1.5ohm and the juice I filled it with is kinda strong for me, so I can't use it on a mech, only on a regulated at like 3v. Hits easier with airflow open but tastes like crap.

My quest for a new single-coil RDA is in full effect. I emailed Phil and Nick, Phil just responded this morning (about 3 days after I emailed him) and recommended the Viscious Ant Cyclone. I looked it up, meh. I don't like the way it looks. I ordered a Quasar and a Magma clone. I'll see how those fair. Not to crazy about the huge juice well in the Magma, but we will see.

As far as juices go:
- I have a Kayfun filled with Five Pawns - Castle Long
- Russian filled with Space Jam - Starship 1
- Been dripping Bryce's Vanilla Cream Custard in my Igo-L.
- I usually take Gorilla Juice in an EVOD to work and out and about.

Apparently I don't have any decent B&M stores near me. The closest one is 20 miles away and is selling fasttech clones at 3-4 times the retail price. Anyone here open their own shop out of shear frustration? I hear they're taking off on the west coast and New York, but I don't know how they are doing in Southeast PA.

Apparently I don't have any decent B&M stores near me. The closest one is 20 miles away and is selling fasttech clones at 3-4 times the retail price. Anyone here open their own shop out of shear frustration? I hear they're taking off on the west coast and New York, but I don't know how they are doing in Southeast PA.

Same here in Central NJ. There's a bunch of crappy chain stores called "Flash Vapor." I went there with a friend and he got abused for $60 for a KNOCKOFF iTaste V3, charger, and pro tank 2. I wasn't going to sit there and try and convince him not to buy it in front of the cashier.

I heard of a place called Good Karma in northeast NJ thats supposed to be good. Haven't been there.

Wallach

Haven't posted in here in a while; just very content with my MVP2 and Protank 2.

Have been continuing to dabble in new flavors, though. Good Life Vapor added some "Nebbia Collection" line of juices to their site, and I picked up a couple:

Decadence - This stuff is too good. It is basically Werther's hard candy in vape form. The throat hit is nice and strong, too, which is what I find lacking most often in juices that I like the flavor of. I only got the 10ml sample size on this one, but I'm going back for a 50ml pretty much straight away. Could see this replacing El Kamino as my main stuff because it has the best throat hit I've found to date in a flavor that I actually like.

Red Berry Dream - Basically just strawberry and cream, though I think this is the best attempt at the "cream" side of things I've tried. It usually comes off very weird when paired with strawberry/orange (like Mt. Baker's). Throat hit is again pretty solid, though not quite on the level of Decadence.

Will probably try more of the flavors in this line. Highly recommend the Decadence.

My second magma arrived today. The infinite clone. Did a dual coil, twisted 30 gauge at 6 wraps each. Came out to .8Ω and running at 30W on my hana modz. These posts are great. Seems like they improved the first clone manufacturer's design. These seemed to be locked in snug as a bug. Really happy with this $26 purchase.

I tried my new juices from Whit E Octopus then switched back to my Lazarus Vintage Journey. My god man. This shit is amazing

My Stillare clone should arrive by the end of the week.

I just got my Fogger v4+ and WOW. It's kind of ridiculous...an unholy union of Kayfun and dripper. Vapor production is freaking ridiculous for a tank and taste/draw is like a dripper.

10169440_10152441069385763_7826566322429819806_n.jpg

Definitely looking to get a v4 soon considering the amount of time I spent with the Aqua. They are on their third revision of the v4 so I don't really mind waiting for the 4th of 5th

Rizific

got my brass stingray and drip tip in the other day.

its too nice. i almost dont want to use it. i think the panzer will be my daily and the stingray will stay home. it hits incredibly nice too.

Joe

can anyone recommend a mechanical clone that isn't a shiny metal? something with a matte finish and in any color that isn't metallic?

got my brass stingray and drip tip in the other day.

its too nice. i almost dont want to use it. i think the panzer will be my daily and the stingray will stay home. it hits incredibly nice too.

Thats purdy.

I got my Quasar in yesterday. I really like this thing. Simple to build, easy to adjust air flow holes without taking the top cap apart. Hits good.

Pete Rock

Was running low on all my last pickups so I decided to put in an order with Virgin Vapors. Thanks to everyone who vouched for them in this thread, excited to try them out, a lot of these unique flavors sound very appealing to me and I probably wouldn't have discovered them otherwise. They are running a free ship over $50 sale thru Monday so you can save five bucks.

Was running low on all my last pickups so I decided to put in an order with Virgin Vapors. Thanks to everyone who vouched for them in this thread, excited to try them out, a lot of these unique flavors sound very appealing to me and I probably wouldn't have discovered them otherwise. They are running a free ship over $50 sale thru Monday so you can save five bucks.

I picked up a whole ton of juice off ECF the other day (I need more juice like I need a hole in the head) and there was some Virgin Vapor in there. Maybe they'll come in the mail today.

But DEFINITELY coming in the mail today is more Gorilla Juice, Magma RDA, and Black Copper Stingray. Please time go faster.

Rizific

can anyone recommend a mechanical clone that isn't a shiny metal? something with a matte finish and in any color that isn't metallic?

satin king clones are out and about. panzer black hawk maybe? i think the colored nemesis clones have a matte finish as well.

Got my Black Copper Stingray clone in today by Infinite?

What a horrendous piece of shit.

Thread are horrible, when i get it together:

- No nipple tops work
- Button is beyond terrible. Always sticks, always crunches, always nearly impossible to push down without unscrewing it a little bit.
- Russian doesn't screw down onto it. Kayfun screws fine.

As gorgeous and small as this thing is, what a shitty shitty experience this is.

Purchases from Vapers_Room on Instagram. Box doesn't say Infinite on it. All my other Infinite stuff has their logo on the box. I don't know.

- No nipple tops work
- Button is beyond terrible. Always sticks, always crunches, always nearly impossible to push down without unscrewing it a little bit.

As gorgeous and small as this thing is, what a shitty shitty experience this is.

Purchases from Vapers_Room on Instagram. Box doesn't say Infinite on it. All my other Infinite stuff has their logo on the box. I don't know.

I've got the first batch and it has the short extension tube alongside alot of your problems. My threads are fine except the lockring thread which sucks and my button...I want it to burn.

Rizific

- No nipple tops work

uh oh. my buddy just ordered the same thing from vapers room today =/ my brass ray that i got from him also had a very crunchy button but it seems like it somehow has worked itself out over the past couple of days. sorry to hear that man.

holy crap this new juice is fuggin amazing!

vapors knoll premium juice line called King of Clouds

purchased 3 of the 6 flavors they have after trying them

this stuff is insanely good

dethroned lazarus vintage and five pawns for me

Joe

satin king clones are out and about. panzer black hawk maybe? i think the colored nemesis clones have a matte finish as well.
thanks for the leads :) that satin king clone is NICE looking, wow.

i want my first mechanical mod setup but unfortunately my local vape shop has a limited variety and i need some "retail therapy" this weekend. i think i might go with a Private V2 since it's cheap and has good reviews. any input on this?

also, what makes a smart charger "smart"?

Well, after tinkering with it at work today.

Took apart the entire switch, dirty as a mother. Cleaned everything out and re-assembled.

NOW IT WORKS!! I can pinky and pointer-finger fire it. Still doesn't like off-center presses. But at least it works.

The Russian still doesn't fit. Like not even close. The threads will screw down a pube hair and then stop. I'm not going to force it down, especially since the Kayfun screws down fine. Oh well.

Gonna find some lub and lube up the entire bottom switch inside and hopefully that will help some of the off-center hits.

This is in 18650 mode. Very small

daw840

Well, after tinkering with it at work today.

Took apart the entire switch, dirty as a mother. Cleaned everything out and re-assembled.

NOW IT WORKS!! I can pinky and pointer-finger fire it. Still doesn't like off-center presses. But at least it works.

The Russian still doesn't fit. Like not even close. The threads will screw down a pube hair and then stop. I'm not going to force it down, especially since the Kayfun screws down fine. Oh well.

Gonna find some lub and lube up the entire bottom switch inside and hopefully that will help some of the off-center hits.

This is in 18650 mode. Very small

That black copper is sexy. I have the SS Stingray by Infinite and I really like it, except for the button. The button on mine is exactly how you have described. Doesn't like off-center presses and sometimes doesn't release properly

Regarding Stingray clones, I had a Tobeco Stringray button assembly fall apart yesterday, threw the whole mod in the trash. It was crunchy, and finicky the whole time and annoyed me. I'm just not a fan of the design in general. I'm sure the original is better but the design of the Stingray button assembly seems more prone to failure. A cheap Magneto feels like it is built like a tank by comparison.

I have copper vanilla and copper 4nine clones from early group buys that should be showing up within the next week or two, I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

That black copper is sexy. I have the SS Stingray by Infinite and I really like it, except for the button. The button on mine is exactly how you have described. Doesn't like off-center presses and sometimes doesn't release properly

I took it apart again. Really easy. I lubed up that bottom copper post that has the bearing in it. Thats where the main friction is. Really helped with off center hits. Still not perfect.

Regarding Stingray clones, I had a Tobeco Stringray button assembly fall apart yesterday, threw the whole mod in the trash. It was crunchy, and finicky the whole time and annoyed me. I'm just not a fan of the design in general. I'm sure the original is better but the design of the Stingray button assembly seems more prone to failure. A cheap Magneto feels like it is built like a tank by comparison.

I have copper vanilla and copper 4nine clones from early group buys that should be showing up within the next week or two, I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

My Smoktech Magneto is phenomenal. Silky smooth button. Threads are glorious. Very well made.

For $50, its a no-brainer mechanical.

Rizific

I took it apart again. Really easy. I lubed up that bottom copper post that has the bearing in it. Thats where the main friction is. Really helped with off center hits. Still not perfect.
what did you use to lube it? also, what are people using to polish/clean their brass mods? dont want to pay the premium for the "mod polish" stuff at vape shops. will jewelry polishing cloths work?

what did you use to lube it? also, what are people using to polish/clean their brass mods? dont want to pay the premium for the "mod polish" stuff at vape shops. will jewelry polishing cloths work?

Any of these will work. I used the Blue one. $4 from hardware store

Dupont-4oz-Lubricants.jpg

BONER ALERT!

I'm due for some new batteries. Been over a year on these current ones.

So I'm going to go with the VTC5 for big ones.

What 18350 batteries should I get? I have red Efest IMR now.

Whats the deal with the Purple Efest ?

My Smoktech Magneto is phenomenal. Silky smooth button. Threads are glorious. Very well made.

For $50, its a no-brainer mechanical.

The only criticisms I have are length and that it's telescoping instead of using varying tubes, but it's crazy high quality for the price. I got mine on clearance somewhere and I'm pretty sure it will outlast every other mech mod I ever own.

The only criticisms I have are length and that it's telescoping instead of using varying tubes, but it's crazy high quality for the price. I got mine on clearance somewhere and I'm pretty sure it will outlast every other mech mod I ever own.

The problems I have with it telescoping are mainly negated by the fact that there is no spring.

My other telescope mods that have springs feel janky unless you crank them down really far. With the Magneto, you crank it down all the way. Which provides a sturdy and solid feeling device regardless of how big a battery is in it.

Joe

i put a helios on my mvp. put a 1.4ohm coil on it and vape at 5v and the performance blows me away.

it's good enough to at least delay buying a mechanical for a while. it's very practical and a very, very nice vape.

Pete Rock

The funny thing to me is that the only innovative feature I've seen on any stand is a brass blank cylinder of a short length with what I'm sure is a solid male plug on the opposite face of a threaded female 510. This way you can glue or press fit this blank onto the wood base and then thread the atomizers in place and they aren't sitting in a janky over/undersized receptacle anymore.

Too bad someone doesn't just run a fuckload of those on a lathe and sell them independently, as DIY stands are dead simple otherwise and not really worth buying.

Looks may not be the best but I'm sure it's a hell of a lot nicer than what it was before! Nice work ~

tried those space jam juices. i didn't care for any of them. each one had this undertone that was consistent through all of them i just didn't care for.

i was rather impressed with the standard. might pick up one the next time i visit that shop

this king of clouds line is just too good. vaping nothing but these three flavors since i purchased them last friday

Joe

are there any definitive resources/guides to making your own juice?

i know they sell pg/vg on amazon but not too sure how to get some good flavoring.

Does anyone have any experience with CE4, CE4+ , CE5 , CE5+ , and which one of the bunch would you recomend?

Yes I have experience with them.

Skip them and look into getting a Kanger EVOD or Kanger Aerotank Mini.

The ones you mentioned are cheap crap that come with "kits."

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I've cut back on smoking quite a bit but I'm still smoking between 8-16 hand rolled cigs a week. usually on the weekends while out at bars or with friends. I feel better smoking these over class-a cigs but they're still terrible for you.

Smoking is one of the few unhealthy things I do still and I'm wanting to quit entirely.

What should I get if I'm only looking to spend around $50-$75 on a system?

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I've cut back on smoking quite a bit but I'm still smoking between 8-16 hand rolled cigs a week. usually on the weekends while out at bars or with friends. I feel better smoking these over class-a cigs but they're still terrible for you.

Smoking is one of the few unhealthy things I do still and I'm wanting to quit entirely.

I'd recommend heading over to MyVaporStore.com (if you're in the U.S.) and pick up:

- eGo C Twist - 900mah - battery
- Charger for said battery (can be found at bottom of battery page)
- EVOD Clearomizer

Now, you'll just need juice. Tell us what you think you'll like and we can recommend some vendors. (i.e. Fruity flavors, tobacco flavors, bakery flavors, etc.)

I'd suggest the itaste MVP 2

Pete Rock

Got my Virgin Vapors order in and loaded up a clean tank of Kona Velvet Milkshake, wow. Exactly like the page says, caramel, rum and a little hit of kona espresso at the end. Just from smelling the other flavors I can tell these are all going to be winners. I am really glad I tried this company, really complex and what I would refer to as "mature" flavor profiles. I remember a user here mentioned Blackberry Vanilla Swirl as his favorite so I ordered that and am excited to try it in the next rebuild. This Kona flavor in particular is the absolute perfect accompaniment to my cold brew coffee mixed with whole milk in the morning, ace! Edit: Aha - found the post from last November, thanks to Zeth for the recommendation!

I've gotten bored of some of my usual juices so I decided to go back to an old favorite - Virgin Vapor. Prices are a bit steep but I've loved everything I've ever had from them - kona coffee milkshake, vanilla blackberry swirl, black cherry marshmallow, butter cream mint - everything tastes incredibly natural and delicious. I don't know what kind of organic voodoo they're doing there, but it's amazing.

A friend gave me this that he'd stopped using. I don't know if it's because I've been using too weak nicotine, but I feel like I have to huff and puff for like five seconds before I get a good nico-kick.

Can anyone recommend me the strongest and most effective vaporizer? Preferrably one that can be shipped to Sweden.

A friend gave me this that he'd stopped using. I don't know if it's because I've been using too weak nicotine, but I feel like I have to huff and puff for like five seconds before I get a good nico-kick.

Can anyone recommend me the strongest and most effective vaporizer? Preferrably one that can be shipped to Sweden.

That battery puts out a consistant 3.7 volts.

Look into a battery that is "Variable Voltage." One of the best ones on the market are the eGo C Twist, and the other is the eGo Vision Spinner. These will allow you to determine how much voltage you want coming out of the battery. More voltage equals more throat punch.

You may also need a stronger juice. Do you know how many mg (miligrams) the juice you are vaping is?

Sorry, can't help you with who will ship to Sweden

Top Bottom