• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Those flavors sound nice.

I have no business buying any kind of liquid right now so I'll keep them in mind when I'm looking for something new.

Now that I have a legit Kayfun and Russian, I can go days of just those two and dripping. I almost can't even stomach the EVOD anymore. And the iClear30B is going in the trash.

I have a KFL+v2 clone coming in tomorrow. My first time trying a KFL/Russian clone, hopefully the quality isn't ass. I also have a Kanger Aerotank Mega coming in (hopefully today.) My goal is to have 3 or 4 big tank setups that I can put my "staples" in and just vape those.

GrimmGreen recently gave very high praise to a $19.99 Kayfun Lite clone from AngelCigs.com. He said its great. But with no adjustable airflow, I'm gonna pass on that.

Today's setup:

Magneto 18490 mode. KFL+. Drop kit. Green window. Juice is Unicorn Milk by Cuttwood.

AfoGzkB.jpg

ACE 1991

Have there been any real studies done about the negative health effects of e-cigarettes? I've always been interested in getting one, but it seems too much like the wild west at this point.

If you got the KFL+v2 from EHPro, it's basically perfect.

It sure is.

I'm in love. Build quality is ridiculous. Even came with a full clear tank.

*Edit. Strangely, mine has TWO air hole adjustment screws on the bottom and two air holes, i guess both leading up to the same hole under the coil. Looking at EHPro KFL+v2 reviews on YouTube, theirs only have one adjustment screw.

I'm not complaining, the more adjustments the better.

Joe

Hrmm, are you blocking access to the coil with the cotton?

The cotton should run through the coil and the excess cotton run underneath the coil (if you have room) or on the other side of the coil near the posts. You don't want any cotton between the coil and the air hole.

thanks! i raised my coil higher so its next to the air hole and made the cotton look like a long mustache and so far so good.

Yeah EHPro released a dual airhole version recently, haven't heard any feedback on it yet though, but I'm sure it's good.

My Cana should be coming in in 1.5 weeks but with all these higher watt devices coming out, I kinda wanna sell out for an authentic 120 watt.

I'd love a Chana Mod but don't want another box mod.

I'm really disappointed in the lack of new VV/VW tube mods these days. Especially 20 or 30 watt devices.

And I'm NOT taking out a second mortgage to get a Mark Buggs Wizard or ZNA30.

Now when those clones hit, I'll be all over dat ass.

Mech mod vs regulated device

Mech mods have varying wattage outputs that depend on the voltage on the battery and the resistance of your coil. As you decrease your resistance, the wattage increases as well as your amp draw on the battery. With a specific build, reaching 40 watts + is easily attained. This assumes you have a battery that can handle the load.

Pros : wattage based on resistance of you coil. Higher wattages attained by sub ohming

Coins: wattage dies proportional with battery voltage

Variable devices are great in that, you get the same vape (wattage) every hit/draw until you battery is completely dead. Your vape will not sag with the battery (as battery dies so does your vape). They also have amp limits. The higher the amp limit, the larger your potential wattage and the lower you can coil your device (sub ohm)

Some would argue that sub ohming is pointless, but that's a different conversation.

Unless you like the specific look of a mechanical, I prefer the "longer" vape time I'm afforded with a vw device. Unless I'm going for a crazy dual coil build, 30 watts is pretty sufficient.

Pro : same vape for the duration of the battery. Higher voltage limits based on the specific chip set

Cons : increase in size and weight based on added room to house said chip. Somewhat top end for wattage depending on chip

Things like the Gi2 and the VariAnt have ridiculous wattage limits but this wouldn't be necessary form the vast majority of vapers.

Keep in mind that I didn't go into great detail with these comparisons but I think its coherent enough to benefit most people that want a crash course

daw840

Reviews seem straight enough. I say do it.

legit. just bought a roll off amazon last week. iirc, i paid around $9
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/JRizEJ6/10439524_769309629780285_1325810873_n_zps98e5cca4.jpg[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]
Thanks guys. I pulled the trigger! No shipping either, a flat 10.25 for 100 feet. This will likely last me forever....lol

[quote="EsotericManiac, post: 116921555"]Mech mod vs regulated device

Mech mods have varying wattage outputs that depend on the voltage on the battery and the resistance of your coil. As you decrease your resistance, the wattage increases as well as your amp draw on the battery. With a specific build, reaching 40 watts + is easily attained. This assumes you have a battery that can handle the load.

Pros : wattage based on resistance of you coil. Higher wattages attained by sub ohming

Coins: wattage dies proportional with battery voltage

Variable devices are great in that, you get the same vape (wattage) every hit/draw until you battery is completely dead. Your vape will not sag with the battery (as battery dies so does your vape). They also have amp limits. The higher the amp limit, the larger your potential wattage and the lower you can coil your device (sub ohm)

Some would argue that sub ohming is pointless, but that's a different conversation.

Unless you like the specific look of a mechanical, I prefer the "longer" vape time I'm afforded with a vw device. Unless I'm going for a crazy dual coil build, 30 watts is pretty sufficient.

Pro : same vape for the duration of the battery. Higher voltage limits based on the specific chip set

Cons : increase in size and weight based on added room to house said chip. Somewhat top end for wattage depending on chip

Things like the Gi2 and the VariAnt have ridiculous wattage limits but this wouldn't be necessary form the vast majority of vapers.

Keep in mind that I didn't go into great detail with these comparisons but I think its coherent enough to benefit most people that want a crash course[/QUOTE]

Good write up, I don't disagree with anything. However, I have a MVP V2 and my stingray. My MVP gets no use anymore. I just take my mech and dripper with me wherever I go. A tiny bottle of juice (or a big one, depends how much pocket space I have) and I'm good to go. Looks a little goofy but I don't go anywhere but work, home, and occasionally a friends house since I have a 2 year old and a negative one week old right now (is due in 7 days, lol).

chances are, you are using your mech mod over the mvp 2 because that specific box mod has a very low amp limit and won't allow you to fire over 15 watts. you probably are in the 20-30 range with your mech mod unless to go down to .4Ω or lower on your sting ray

but, lets put it this way; if you could get the same vape you get out of your stingray, but longer and regulated, doesn't that sound like a win-win?

don't get me wrong. love the look of the stingray. i dont think id purchase another mech mod unless it was another stingray.

daw840

chances are, you are using your mech mod over the mvp 2 because that specific box mod has a very low amp limit and won't allow you to fire over 15 watts. you probably are in the 20-30 range with your mech mod unless to go down to .4Ω or lower on your sting ray

but, lets put it this way; if you could get the same vape you get out of your stingray, but longer and regulated, doesn't that sound like a win-win?

don't get me wrong. love the look of the stingray. i dont think id purchase another mech mod unless it was another stingray.

Sure. If I had the scratch to buy a badass DNA30 box mod, I would. I just can't justify it right now. If I were younger, and out and about a lot more than I am now I could justify it. It just doesn't seem necessary to me right now. Just one of these VTC5 batteries lasts me almost all day. Certainly lasts long enough to grab a fully charged one right before I leave for work or whatever. IDK, it definitely is a little inconvenient but not so much that I care honestly.

Though honestly, a buddy of mine who has a serious problem with vape purchases, doesn't use any of the above when he goes out. He has like 10+ mech mods, a couple box mods, god knows how many RDAs, a couple rebuildable tanks, etc. He is a bachelor though, with no kids, a good job, and a crazy gadget habit. When he goes out, he takes a 510 battery with a Boge carto. I don't understand it really....lol

A quick impression/review:

Paradigm Magma RDA - Infinite Clone - from eBay:
+ Build quality is top notch. Very impressed with how solid this thing is.
+ Design looks great
+ Flavor is great.
+ Simple to build on
+ Plenty of airflow options
+ Juice well that holds A LOT of juice on the bottom of the mod
- Airflow adjustment can get tricky to lock in.
- Juice gets in airflow hole when filling and its a bitch to clean out.

Boy was I skeptical of this one. I wasn't sure how a big juice well under the coil would perform and keep the coil nice and wet. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn't an issue at all. I filled the well all the way up and wet the coils with juice and never had an issue with a dry hit, not once. The second I got sort of a dry hit, I opened it and it was EMPTY! Filled her right back up. I really like this one. As far as airflow adjustment, there are plenty of options. But, adjusting the airflow can be a pain, especially when you have an atty that has a well full of juice. You have to hold a very small ring on the bottom while you adjust the air flow ring and then screw down the top cap. Doing it on a mod (like the panzer) thats a little big thicker than the atty is very difficult. But once you get it locked in and good, you are fine until you go through your drip well.

Sure. If I had the scratch to buy a badass DNA30 box mod, I would. I just can't justify it right now. If I were younger, and out and about a lot more than I am now I could justify it. It just doesn't seem necessary to me right now. Just one of these VTC5 batteries lasts me almost all day. Certainly lasts long enough to grab a fully charged one right before I leave for work or whatever. IDK, it definitely is a little inconvenient but not so much that I care honestly.

Though honestly, a buddy of mine who has a serious problem with vape purchases, doesn't use any of the above when he goes out. He has like 10+ mech mods, a couple box mods, god knows how many RDAs, a couple rebuildable tanks, etc. He is a bachelor though, with no kids, a good job, and a crazy gadget habit. When he goes out, he takes a 510 battery with a Boge carto. I don't understand it really....lol

I can respect your situation. I will say you can get a China mod for $70 from 101vapes. I think you would be extremely happy with that.

I never fill my juice well on the Magma. I just don't like taking the chance of spilling all that juice

Built a dual coil .7 ohm build with organic cotton wicking in my IGO-T. Hit's like a champ but gets hot as fuck after a couple hits. I need more airflow badly.

I have the same one. Seems a little glitchy. Sometimes it won't charge in certain ports.

Are you charging in the right ports? The directions have some requirements for charging multiple batteries. If you have two charging, you should use ports 1 & 3. There's some other stuff as well, check the directions to be sure.

Made it through almost five days on the farm at Manchester, TN (Bonnaroo) with a 4nine mod, an Origen V2 dripper, two 18650s, and a charger. Was the only dripper I saw there. Organic cotton in the wells = lots of juice and no spilling.

ACE 1991

was thinking of going with the second option in the OP for a starter kit. Is liquids all I need to get to start vaping? Also, is the liquid from that site known for not having extra shady additives? I read that some of the other liquids have had carcinogens that was not preset in other kinds. Is there a flavor your recommend for a newbie?

EDIT: http://www.vaporzone.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporzone-air-starter-kit.html anyone know anything about this brand?

daw840

was thinking of going with the second option in the OP for a starter kit. Is liquids all I need to get to start vaping? Also, is the liquid from that site known for not having extra shady additives? I read that some of the other liquids have had carcinogens that was not preset in other kinds. Is there a flavor your recommend for a newbie?

EDIT: http://www.vaporzone.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporzone-air-starter-kit.html anyone know anything about this brand?

I would not recommend anything like that honestly. It looks like it won't be compatible with anything made by anyone except that company. Stick with the regular EGO/510 style equipment. You'll have more options.

What site are you talking about for juices? All of the ones in the OP are legit.

I'll throw my recommendation for the Kanger Aero Tank Mega in here also.

Very happy with this. Airflow adjustment is GODLY. Its not a set of 3 or 4 holes to choose from like the Nautilus. Its a ring that you rotate and the airhole slowly gets bigger, think of it like a phone signal bar, slowly getting bigger.

Tank holds tons of juice. Taste is really good. Much better than the Nautilus, IMO.

Fixed1979

I've been wanting to move off my eGo-C Twist setup and over to a "beginner" rebuildable. Being in Canada there doesn't appear to be a lot of online options but I've dealt with Vapor North a couple times now with much success (highly recommend their premium flavors).

Any thoughts on the following for a setup?

HCIGAR NEMESIS

HCIGAR KAYFUN 3.1

Pretty sure I'd just need a couple batteries and a charger and then I'll be good to go?

I've been wanting to move off my eGo-C Twist setup and over to a "beginner" rebuildable. Being in Canada there doesn't appear to be a lot of online options but I've dealt with Vapor North a couple times now with much success (highly recommend their premium flavors).

Any thoughts on the following for a setup?

HCIGAR NEMESIS

HCIGAR KAYFUN 3.1

Pretty sure I'd just need a couple batteries and a charger and then I'll be good to go?

... and some organic cotton and an ohm meter and you'll be all set.

Thats gonna be a nice setup for your first rebuildable.

Exalted

Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with taste loss?

Got some new atomizers 3 days ago (evod mt3 and protank mini) and some twist bateries, and i was very eager to try them, since before i was only using plain bateries and plain ego ce5. So i got into an half an hour vaping frenzy, testing every liquid at diferent voltage, comparing the new tanks vs the old. At the end i couldn't really taste anything anymore.

While my smell has returned a few hours later , more than 2 days have pased since and i still can't taste anything , which kinda really sucks :S I'm experiancing the hardest time since i stoped using analogs 2 months ago.

Pete Rock

Drink more fluid ounces of water at more regular intervals? I think that's pretty much the only solution other than changing juices or backing off the heavy vaping for a bit.

I drink almost two gallons of water a day though so that's almost never been a problem for me.

I loaded up a tank full of Virgin Vapors Blue Violet and I have to say this is the weirdest vape ever. It tastes like violets smell, and it is kind of like perfume. Basically. I feel like I could double as one of those automated air freshners in a woman's powder room. This is both good and bad. Very unique.

daw840

Drink more fluid ounces of water at more regular intervals? I think that's pretty much the only solution other than changing juices or backing off the heavy vaping for a bit.

I drink almost two gallons of water a day though so that's almost never been a problem for me.

I loaded up a tank full of Virgin Vapors Blue Violet and I have to say this is the weirdest vape ever. It tastes like violets smell, and it is kind of like perfume. Basically. I feel like I could double as one of those automated air freshners in a woman's powder room. This is both good and bad. Very unique.

Ugh....I've had a few of those juices and I absolutely hate them. Perfumey things, gross.

I like how perfume smells, I don't however need to taste it.....lol

ACE 1991

I would not recommend anything like that honestly. It looks like it won't be compatible with anything made by anyone except that company. Stick with the regular EGO/510 style equipment. You'll have more options.

What site are you talking about for juices? All of the ones in the OP are legit.

So the second starter kit in the OP would be best?

Double D

Could use a little bit of help here.

So I have had a Kanger Protank 2 for a while that I bought from a local shop. I've also been buying replacement atomizers from the same shop. I wanted a higher resistance so I ordered replacement heads from MyVaporStore. So these came in but they have one less thread than the ones I had been getting from the shop and, therefore, don't screw in far enough so that it makes contact with my battery.

I know that the atomizers for the protank 3 aren't compatible with the 2, so I'm wondering if I received atomizers for the 3 by mistake. The box, however says "for Protank & EVOD & Unitank".

Anyone have experience that can help me out?

i personally never had a problem getting my coils nice and tight. if a device like that puck helps you get to where you want to be with them, more power to you

Pete Rock

I like how perfume smells, I don't however need to taste it.....lol
Yeah, I thought I was fine with it but I only vaped 1.5ml and cleaned out the tank and swapped it with Black Cherry Marshmallow. The Violet is nice but I am going to let it steep some more and hopefully some of that soap/perfume/potpourri taste evaporates off but I'm kind of thinking it will always be a little too intense for my liking.

Going to investigate these custard flavors next as that sounds very appealing. Appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread, there are so many options I refuse to blindly buy juice anymore.

daw840

So I went and bought a Zenith V2 from vividsmoke.com

And I signed up for 3 bottles a month from Craft Vapery. We shall see how this turns out. I specifically requested high VG juices.

Rizific

just a heads up on that zenith, if your center post starts spinning, straighten it up then tighten your 510 connector. after you build, then extend the connector if you need to.

Top Bottom