• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Cru

A quick impression/review:

Paradigm Magma RDA - Infinite Clone - from eBay:
+ Build quality is top notch. Very impressed with how solid this thing is.
+ Design looks great
+ Flavor is great.
+ Simple to build on
+ Plenty of airflow options
+ Juice well that holds A LOT of juice on the bottom of the mod
- Airflow adjustment can get tricky to lock in.
- Juice gets in airflow hole when filling and its a bitch to clean out.

Should be getting mine in today. What kind of build did you go with or would recommend?

Should be getting mine in today. What kind of build did you go with or would recommend?

Same build I put on all my rebuildables... 29 gauge kanthal, 7/8 wraps, 1.5ohms. Cotton.

After you build your coil and screw it in nicely, first fill the juice and make sure to not get any in either air hole. Then lastly put just a few drops of juice on the coil and the sides where the cotton comes out of the coil.

I made my cotton long enough to just touch the bottom of the juice well, not have a ton of it sitting in the well.

Watching Phil's video on the Miami and Vegas vape conferences he just got back from.

He showed off this coming from JD Tech:

The Stingray X. Stainless steel over Copper:

2627_0.jpg

He also mentioned this next beast that I saw on Instagram last week. Might be the nicest looking mod I've seen:

The Skeleton Key:

B9JgsKL.jpg

dual tiger coils with 26 gauge wrapped with .8 x .1 flat ribbon is absolutely the shit

if the post holes were bigger, mundy magic wire with .7 by .08 is good but heats up a good bit. hard to really chain vape with a mundy wire (heat of atomizer)

the surface area on both of these are ridiculous. that top build is my favorite. very easy to chain vape and take long pulls. came out to .35Ω

Cru

Same build I put on all my rebuildables... 29 gauge kanthal, 7/8 wraps, 1.5ohms. Cotton.

After you build your coil and screw it in nicely, first fill the juice and make sure to not get any in either air hole. Then lastly put just a few drops of juice on the coil and the sides where the cotton comes out of the coil.

I made my cotton long enough to just touch the bottom of the juice well, not have a ton of it sitting in the well.

dual tiger coils with 26 gauge wrapped with .8 x .1 flat ribbon is absolutely the shit

if the post holes were bigger, mundy magic wire with .7 by .08 is good but heats up a good bit. hard to really chain vape with a mundy wire (heat of atomizer)

the surface area on both of these are ridiculous. that top build is my favorite. very easy to chain vape and take long pulls. came out to .35Ω

I was lazy and just used the coils that came with it. Going to tinker with it some more this weekend. I'm not familiar with tiger coils but went ahead and ordered some of that flat ribbon to try it out. I like it a lot so far even with the shitty pre wrapped coils.

daw840

Does anyone else seem to have problems vaping first thing in the morning? Like it makes me cough and I can't take a big rip....

daw840

Vaping first thing will give me a headache. I have to have some coffee and chill for a few hours before I start vaping.

Yeah, that's the one thing that I miss about smoking. That first cig in the morning. Was always sooooo good. That's maybe the one thing that vaping doesn't satisfy for me anymore.

Does anyone else seem to have problems vaping first thing in the morning? Like it makes me cough and I can't take a big rip....

For me, it depends entirely on how heavily I vaped the night before. A heavy night will give me slight coughing if I vape first thing in the morning (not at all if it's not first thing).

Rizific

i agree with that. the build on my everyday atty is a simple micro coil at 0.33. id like a little more flavor, but its ok for now. id like to starting messing with 26gauge though. want to try some other builds

i really dont see the appeal of parallel coils. sure, if you want to rock super sub-ohm you can get there, but why not just use a lower gauge and have more surface area? perhaps if you want the same gauge to heat up quicker, but that's about ti

Rizific

i really dont see the appeal of parallel coils. sure, if you want to rock super sub-ohm you can get there, but why not just use a lower gauge and have more surface area? perhaps if you want the same gauge to heat up quicker, but that's about ti

from what ive read, its supposed to produce better flavor than regular dual coils. and from what ive experienced, thats mostly true. my first parallel was a single coil which ohms came out to the same 0.33 as my normal dual coil build. flavor was better, but id say vapor production wasnt as good as a dual coil build. the problem i had with it was that would only hold half the amount of drops that i normally would use. i like to drip through my drip tip and since its single coil, i have to take off the cap and drip only on one side. so id say its a build more suitable for those who run single coil set ups.

I'm just shocked you could fit 4 24g wires into that center post hole....lol
stillare post holes are HUGE!

daw840

So I took a shot in the dark and bought the "Stingray Ultimate Upgrade" from this site.

It's supposedly made to fix the crunchy button on my Stingray.

It's also supposed to fix the occasional hotspot on the button (which mine does relatively frequently) that burns the shit out of my finger...

Rizific

took up some advice here on a good vanilla custard and went with velvet cloud. got my shipping info the other day and its shipping from puerto rico. looked up the contact info and its a us address. for anyone else that has ordered form them, is that normal?

Pete Rock

Virgin Vapors

How long do these need to steep? Just got them the other day and they taste like ass.

Two of the six flavors I first tried were fine right out of the bottle, the kona milkshake and the marshmallow one. I let the others sit for a week, some even uncapped for a little bit before the funk vaporated off. The blue violet one was really strong and had to sit for 10 days before I could even consider a tank of it and even then I think it still needed more time.

Two of the six flavors I first tried were fine right out of the bottle, the kona milkshake and the marshmallow one. I let the others sit for a week, some even uncapped for a little bit before the funk vaporated off. The blue violet one was really strong and had to sit for 10 days before I could even consider a tank of it and even then I think it still needed more time.

They all have this sharp sting to the smell of them. I cleaned out a dripper and put some fresh cotton in and dropped some Kona Milkshake on there and coughed my brains out.

How long do you leave the top off?

Pete Rock

That's a good way to describe it, it's not really like alcohol but the funky taste in the vape sort of is undesirable in similar ways. I left the caps off for most of a saturday when I was in and out of the house and kind of shook it in between so I dunno, at least six hours or so.

daw840

Got my first shipment in for the Craft Vapery.

Frozen Strawberry by Ballistic Vape

Candied Berries by The Vial

Kings Park by Long Beach Juice Supply

Only tried the strawberry but so far it's decent. Not an all day vape though.

Ecto311

Finally went to the local vape shop and got a Mini Protank-II and 1000mAh Joytech Battery. Damn this thing puts the stupid ass Vuse eCig to shame. Plus the juice for it is a shitload cheaper than the refills for that vuse.
jNAx3chl.jpg

The liquid is Colorado Sunset and I think thats just code for cigarette butt in vanilla.

The vape parted together with the juice for $50 and considering I wont be spending $6 a day on refills for the vuse its great.

Fixed1979

I'm done with Pro-Tank 3's, I've either getting bad taste, shitty draws or they just don't connect properly with my Ego-C and so I get no draw. The times that they do work I get a great vape but they're such a fucking headache. I don't like the idea of plastic tanks but at least my Kanger EVOD are reliable. Anyone have an opinion on the Aspire ET BDC? They seem to be getting pretty good reviews...

ACE 1991

So i have a basic iClear vape pen, what do I need to do to it in terms of maintenance? When will I know when the wick needs to be replaced?

Chopper

I'm done with Pro-Tank 3's, I've either getting bad taste, shitty draws or they just don't connect properly with my Ego-C and so I get no draw. The times that they do work I get a great vape but they're such a fucking headache. I don't like the idea of plastic tanks but at least my Kanger EVOD are reliable. Anyone have an opinion on the Aspire ET BDC? They seem to be getting pretty good reviews...
I tried the Protank, and I hated it. Used it for 24 hours, and binned it. Try the Kanger Aerotank. I've been using the Mega for a while now, and it's fucking awesome.

So i have a basic iClear vape pen, what do I need to do to it in terms of maintenance? When will I know when the wick needs to be replaced?

I'm not sure what exactly that looks like and I can't find a match online. Can you post a pic? Once we see it, we could better tell you when you might need a new coil.

Almost identical to what Ecto posted above.

Well, if it's a tank like the one in Ecto's photo, then you'll be swapping out the atty/coil once the flavor takes a noticeable turn for the worse or you're getting significantly less vapor than usual.

If it's a clearo.. where you're unable to take it apart.. then you'll just have to get a new clearo to replace it when it starts tasting bad or producing significantly less vapor.

Chopper

Well, if it's a tank like the one in Ecto's photo, then you'll be swapping out the atty/coil once the flavor takes a noticeable turn for the worse or you're getting significantly less vapor than usual.
My girlfriend's been using one of these for a while, and it's fantastic. The protank mini is one of the most reliable lower capacity tanks out there. The only drawback I've seen is a slightly airy draw, for my tastes. Anyone using an ego battery should just get one and be done with it. Having said that, I haven't ever used the smaller Aerotank.

ACE 1991

If it's a clearo.. where you're unable to take it apart.. then you'll just have to get a new clearo to replace it when it starts tasting bad or producing significantly less vapor.

It's a tank, so it is replaceable. When can I expect to need to replace the parts? I've had it under a week and I'm not much of a big vaper, maybe .8ml a day when I get home from work.

Chopper

It's a tank, so it is replaceable. When can I expect to need to replace the parts? I've had it under a week and I'm not much of a big vaper, maybe .8ml a day when I get home from work.
If it's an iclear, it won't be identical. The Protank mini has good action, and a head should behave optimally for a good three/four weeks at that level of vaping. Show us what you've got!

Looked those up and saw that thread on ECF with the mod built into the charger with the flip cover. Simply awesome!

mamu is pretty infamous in the mod building world. he came up with a lot of the diagrams people use for wiring their device

i definitely saw the flip top design you're referring to. i don't care for the enclosure personally, but if he changed out the 510 for a fat daddy i wouldn't be against using it myself

as far as the replaceable heads in the kanger series, i think the coils are pretty terrible compared to a rebuilt one but the most alarming fact is the majority of people that use these pre-built heads never thought about dry burning them between tanks. ive seen a lot of disgusting heads and it makes me think of the Mr. Yuck sticker

i really can't recommend rebuilding enough. it's ridiculously easy. it will save you a lot of money and the long run, but more importantly, your vape will improve drastically

120v

just curious... does anybody ever put their airflow on anything but the most open setting? it's neat my tank has different settings and all but it seems superflous

daw840

just curious... does anybody ever put their airflow on anything but the most open setting? it's neat my tank has different settings and all but it seems superflous
When I first started vaping I wanted some resistance to more mimic a cig. Now I don't,...lol

sure, but then it really depends on the air flow setting in general and what wattage you're vaping at.

I barely Crack the airflow open at all. I like a very tight draw. I'm still a mouth to lungs guy.

Top Bottom