• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Ecto311

Anyone know anything about the Joyetech ego style batteries with auto switches? There is very little info online for them if they even exist. The official site shows them but you cant get them from there. My ideal setup after getting my feet wet with the ego T and kanger mini tank 2 would be a mini tank 2 or 3 and a smaller 650mAh auto battery if thats even a thing. I am always thinking the battery is going to turn on and the 5 clicks thing is possible but I forget and jam it in my pocket.

Any Taifun gt users here? I can't get the damn thing to stop leaking. I know I'm doing something wrong.

sure man. have three of them. are you using cotton?

if so post a picture of the wick+coil without the top cap on

juice can only come in from 3 places: the chimney with the little o-ring on the end, the wick holes, and the o-ring at the bottom of the atomizing chamber.

make sure the oring on the chimney is inside the top cap.

make sure your wick sufficiently plugs up the holes. id recommend at least a 5/64ths ID coil to have sufficient wicking material to stuff up the two wick holes.

when you are placing cotton/wicking material in the two atomizing chamber holes, try to put enough in there to fill the holes, then pull up on the chamber until you're past the oring at the base, then push it back down a little so you know you have a good seal.

Pete Rock

Restocked on Pillow Dreams marshmallow flavor and got 1/2 oz bottles of the Blueberry Cheesecake and French Vanilla from Virgin. The last one I tried from my initial order was the Hawaiian White Guava and I have to say it is thoroughly impressive. Not too sweet, really smooth, full of "fresh fruit" non-candy taste. Yummm.

Victory Red I hope those juices have calmed down a bit, I would feel bad if I led you astray! I just vaped my last bit of Kona I had on the shelf before I rebuilt and it made me think of your difficulties, because it tasted so good!

Restocked on Pillow Dreams marshmallow flavor and got 1/2 oz bottles of the Blueberry Cheesecake and French Vanilla from Virgin. The last one I tried from my initial order was the Hawaiian White Guava and I have to say it is thoroughly impressive. Not too sweet, really smooth, full of "fresh fruit" non-candy taste. Yummm.

Victory Red I hope those juices have calmed down a bit, I would feel bad if I led you astray! I just vaped my last bit of Kona I had on the shelf before I rebuilt and it made me think of your difficulties, because it tasted so good!

I shook them up and opened them this morning. They smell much better than they used to but still have a little foreign smell in them. I'm gonna try one when I get home from work tonight.

daw840

Got my Zenith in yesterday....but I've been in the hospital since Thursday night while my wife birthed my son!!

I kinda want to run home and build on the Zenith though. Lol. She might kill me for that.

Rizific

my vape mail from yesterday. heimdall clone hits really nice, also ordered a black/brass magma clone. im really excited to try that magma out and it matches the heimdall spot on. hoping to make that my daily beater.

BokehKing

Banned
No cigarettes for a year, started with blu's then suddenly 5 brick and mortar stores opened up around me, went directly to ego-twist with the Aero tank. . Tried dripping and sub-ohming /cloud chasing, it's just not for me.

They are trying to ban e-liquid in new York, I'm pissed

Got my Zenith in yesterday....but I've been in the hospital since Thursday night while my wife birthed my son!!

I kinda want to run home and build on the Zenith though. Lol. She might kill me for that.

Welcome to the Parenthood Club!

Protip: Start getting into the practice now of putting everything in the house that you don't want your child to get to into locked drawers, cabinets or insanely hard to reach places. That way, when he gets to the age where he starts being able to get into things, it'll already be a habit to put stuff well out of his reach.

daw840

Congrats man!
Thanks!

Welcome to the Parenthood Club!

Protip: Start getting into the practice now of putting everything in the house that you don't want your child to get to into locked drawers, cabinets or insanely hard to reach places. That way, when he gets to the age where he starts being able to get into things, it'll already be a habit to put stuff well out of his reach.
Thanks to you too! But we already have a 2 year old girl so I am all set on that front. Lol

ACE 1991

lJtU6Z4.jpg

So I purchased this kangertech EVOD last week and the tank has started leaking a bit. I Understand that the sort of tank I have is pretty bottom of the barrel given it's plastic.. Would purchasing one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-KangerTech-EVOD-Bottom-Coil-Clearomizer-Tank-Kanger-EVOD-US-Seller-/271449235313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f33a29f71 or one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kanger-EVOD...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a8ce0f041 be a good upgrade? Also, will either of these definitely be compatible with my battery? What is the difference in terms of the vaping experience between the two tanks I linked? Thanks!

EDIT: One more question! In terms of maintenance, what will I need to buy and replace on my unit? As I said before, I only vape about .8ml a day after work.

lJtU6Z4.jpg

So I purchased this kangertech EVOD last week and the tank has started leaking a bit. I Understand that the sort of tank I have is pretty bottom of the barrel given it's plastic.. Would purchasing one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-KangerTech-EVOD-Bottom-Coil-Clearomizer-Tank-Kanger-EVOD-US-Seller-/271449235313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3f33a29f71 or one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kanger-EVOD...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3a8ce0f041 be a good upgrade? Also, will either of these definitely be compatible with my battery? What is the difference in terms of the vaping experience between the two tanks I linked? Thanks!

The one in the picture that you have is as bottom of the barrel as it gets.

The first one you linked to is a great clearomizer. The EVOD only leaks on me when I lay it on its side, it will come through the "window." But I highly recommend the EVOD.

I like it better than the EVOD 2 that you have linked as your second one. The EVOD 2 is a dual coil design, producing more vapor and in some cases flavor. But it doesn't allow you to fill the tank up all the way with its design, I also dont' like the heavier construction material and the removeable mouth piece. I like my small/light/plastic design of the original EVOD better.

So yeah, get a couple of the original EVODs and get some replacement heads for them also, as they will go bad after a week or two of heavy vaping.

So Innokin is jumping on the adjustable airflow clearo train.

The Gladius:

innokin-gladius-airflow-clearomizer-02.jpg

Capacity at 1.4ml sucks.

About the same capacity as the Kanger Aerotank Mini

KRAET-KMI-2.jpg

ACE 1991

The one in the picture that you have is as bottom of the barrel as it gets.

The first one you linked to is a great clearomizer. The EVOD only leaks on me when I lay it on its side, it will come through the "window." But I highly recommend the EVOD.

I like it better than the EVOD 2 that you have linked as your second one. The EVOD 2 is a dual coil design, producing more vapor and in some cases flavor. But it doesn't allow you to fill the tank up all the way with its design, I also dont' like the heavier construction material and the removeable mouth piece. I like my small/light/plastic design of the original EVOD better.

So yeah, get a couple of the original EVODs and get some replacement heads for them also, as they will go bad after a week or two of heavy vaping.

Thanks for the quick reply. What about the heads "go bad" after a few weeks? Also, why would I need to buy more than one of the tanks if I plan on cleaning it myself? I'm new to all of this so I appreciate the input.

Thanks for the quick reply. What about the heads "go bad" after a few weeks? Also, why would I need to buy more than one of the tanks if I plan on cleaning it myself? I'm new to all of this so I appreciate the input.

The coil will get gunked up and just start to not perform as well. Everything will be fine and then you'll notice that you aren't getting good flavor and vapor anymore. I'm sure there are ways of going in and deep cleaning the coil to try and fix this. But at ~$1.50 for a replacement head every two weeks. I just change them out.

I like to have a couple different ones for different flavors. I don't like the process of cleaning out an EVOD completely because I want to put a different flavor in it.

ACE 1991

The coil will get gunked up and just start to not perform as well. Everything will be fine and then you'll notice that you aren't getting good flavor and vapor anymore. I'm sure there are ways of going in and deep cleaning the coil to try and fix this. But at ~$1.50 for a replacement head every two weeks. I just change them out.

I like to have a couple different ones for different flavors. I don't like the process of cleaning out an EVOD completely because I want to put a different flavor in it.

Okay, good to know. I'm a cheap bastard and it seems like there are some effective cleaning methods for the coil, and because I'm a fairly light vaper I don't think I'll need to clean it constantly. I'll order either the evod 1 or 2 today, thanks!

ACE 1991

Welp, my iClear 16 is leaking completely at the part where the metal and plastic part of the tank are supposed to seal... No vaping until Thursday at the latest until my EVOD tank comes in :(

Ecto311

Went to the vape store close to me this weekend and there was a clinic on rebuilds. I had no idea that I could rebuild the protank mini coils. I changed my 3 to cotton from the synthetic shit that was in it. Made a huge difference. Smoother pull, better flavor, bigger cloud. So easy to do it even on the dual coil that is in the 3. Going to recoil it once the wire comes in from amazon and give it another shot.

Rizific

my heimdall in 18500 is as tall as my stingrays in 18650 =/. i like the heimdall too much to ditch it though. i think ill get a pair of 15a efest 18500 and run a single coil on the magma.

Broseybrose

my heimdall in 18500 is as tall as my stingrays in 18650 =/. i like the heimdall too much to ditch it though. i think ill get a pair of 15a efest 18500 and run a single coil on the magma.

Damn dude those are some nice vapes! I thought my Origin/Aqua hybrid (with magnets) was nice but those are really classy.

Also I got 2 of those green Sony 18650s you pictured earlier about 2 weeks ago. They are definitely the new go-to batteries for mechs.

Btw, How do you like VCV's Vanilla custard? Im the one who recommended it!

Rizific

Btw, How do you like VCV's Vanilla custard? Im the one who recommended it!
when i first got it it was pretty good right off the bat. im currently letting it steep for a good week then ill really give it a go. im on a quest to find which vanilla custard i like best. so far ive had grim creations VC, vaperoo's vanilla waffle cake, 5150 detox, and this from velvet cloud. going to try nicoticket's custard's last stand next. but so far, i think vaperoo's vanilla waffle cake tastes the best to me.
From left to right:

Black Copper Stingray - Zenith V2
Heimdall - Magma RDA
Stingray - Stillaire
this guy got it. all are clones btw. that black magma was purchased on ebay, it was the only place i could find a black/brass one. there a quite a few manufacturer imperfections that im not really happy about. i drilled out the post holes a bit more in order to fit dual 24g in there as well. but overall, and like everyone else has said, the flavor that the magma produces is very good. but out of those three set ups, black copper stingray+zenith wins. highly suggested!

Chopper

Its a little pricey. Especially with so many different clones going around. Its not highway robbery, but its about $10 more than what I'd be looking to pay for one.

But its worth it. The mod is great.
Hmmm. I don't appear to have much choice here in the UK. Unless I import from eBay, which I am hesitant to do.

Uhyve

Any chance someone could tell me a good place to buy VG based menthol eliquid in the UK, that accepts Paypal? The PG stuff randomly started to really mess with my throat all of a sudden, I've tried switching down to a low nicotine content eliquid (6mg) but it's still causing me issues.

There's a store near where I work that I usually buy from and the guy who owns the place almost seemed offended when I asked if he carries VG eliquid, so yeah, NeoGAF to the rescue?

Pete Rock

I wish I could help you but I have no idea. I can only lend a sympathetic ear due to the fact that PG really rubs me the wrong way as well. Seems to have more of a desiccating effect, so my mouth is always dry no matter how much water I drink and my throat gets really scratchy. No problems on 100% VG ever. Glad you've got that much figured out, hopefully you can find a good source!

Rizific

Any chance someone could tell me a good place to buy VG based menthol eliquid in the UK, that accepts Paypal? The PG stuff randomly started to really mess with my throat all of a sudden, I've tried switching down to a low nicotine content eliquid (6mg) but it's still causing me issues.

There's a store near where I work that I usually buy from and the guy who owns the place almost seemed offended when I asked if he carries VG eliquid, so yeah, NeoGAF to the rescue?

dont know if this will help, but a local san diego based company makes max vg juices that might ship to the UK. http://upnvape.com/ their 30mls are only $5 and if they do happen to ship to the uk, that could help offset the shipping price a little bit. i just picked up 3 bottles my self this past weekend. id recommend their cheesecake and san diego sunrise juices. but for $5/30ml, their juice is really not bad at all.

Uhyve

I wish I could help you but I have no idea. I can only lend a sympathetic ear due to the fact that PG really rubs me the wrong way as well. Seems to have more of a desiccating effect, so my mouth is always dry no matter how much water I drink and my throat gets really scratchy. No problems on 100% VG ever. Glad you've got that much figured out, hopefully you can find a good source!
That's exactly it, when I swallow it feels like I've just gone for a really long run or something.

dont know if this will help, but a local san diego based company makes max vg juices that might ship to the UK. http://upnvape.com/ their 30mls are only $5 and if they do happen to ship to the uk, that could help offset the shipping price a little bit. i just picked up 3 bottles my self this past weekend. id recommend their cheesecake and san diego sunrise juices. but for $5/30ml, their juice is really not bad at all.
They do seem to ship to the UK, it's $20 which isn't that bad, conversion rates at the moment would help out a bit. I might buy some stuff fruity VG stuff from ukecigstore to make sure it solves the problem first though.

Edit: 100% VG seems to do the trick, any UK based VG eliquid suppliers that takes paypal would be appreciated. The ukecigstore eliquids are always abit bleh to me, all the flavours that sound good are consistently sold out.

h1nch

E-cig GAF!

I've been vaping for the past 1.5-2 yrs and for some reason never thought to check out this thread, so I'm way LTTP.

My vape evolution thus far has been Vivi Nova w/ ego twist battery -> AGR+ carto tank w/ eVic battery, and now I just got my new Kayfun Lite+ set up and it's absolutely amazing. The flavor and throat hit blows the AGR setup out of the water. I was getting sick of dealing with the crappy build quality of the cartos on the previous setup. I constantly had issues with short-lived cartos and frequent dry hits that I finally decided to take the plunge into RBA-land. A friend of mine who has lots of mileage with his KFL+ walked me through how to build a carto using ekowool (figure 8 pattern) and right now I have the KFL+ connected to my eVic.

I've purchased a nemesis clone which should hopefully arrive within the next few weeks. When it arrives I may start to experiment with sub-ohm vaping but for now I'm loving the KFL+ with my ~2.2ohm coil setup.

So far my KFL+ experience has been near flawless. I've had a bit of flooding but I think that was due to me trying to pull to hard on my draws. Coming from the AGR which did not have the best airflow I was used to having to expend effort sucking air into the carto. Once I stopped doing that on the KFL+ things were smooth sailing. Luckily it seems to be pretty easy to clear floods.

E-cig GAF!

I've been vaping for the past 1.5-2 yrs and for some reason never thought to check out this thread, so I'm way LTTP.

My vape evolution thus far has been Vivi Nova w/ ego twist battery -> AGR+ carto tank w/ eVic battery, and now I just got my new Kayfun Lite+ set up and it's absolutely amazing. The flavor and throat hit blows the AGR setup out of the water. I was getting sick of dealing with the crappy build quality of the cartos on the previous setup. I constantly had issues with short-lived cartos and frequent dry hits that I finally decided to take the plunge into RBA-land. A friend of mine who has lots of mileage with his KFL+ walked me through how to build a carto using ekowool (figure 8 pattern) and right now I have the KFL+ connected to my eVic.

I've purchased a nemesis clone which should hopefully arrive within the next few weeks. When it arrives I may start to experiment with sub-ohm vaping but for now I'm loving the KFL+ with my ~2.2ohm coil setup.

So far my KFL+ experience has been near flawless. I've had a bit of flooding but I think that was due to me trying to pull to hard on my draws. Coming from the AGR which did not have the best airflow I was used to having to expend effort sucking air into the carto. Once I stopped doing that on the KFL+ things were smooth sailing. Luckily it seems to be pretty easy to clear floods.

Welcome to the thread.

The KFL+ is by far the best thing I've ever purchased vape related.

I promised myself I'd never buy a KFL clone because the price is 100% worth it, and looking hard enough you can get a gently used one for around $70, which is a steal.

But when I saw the rose gold EHPro clone I had to try it and its great. So I went and bought an EHPro black one also.

h1nch

Welcome to the thread.

The KFL+ is by far the best thing I've ever purchased vape related.

I promised myself I'd never buy a KFL clone because the price is 100% worth it, and looking hard enough you can get a gently used one for around $70, which is a steal.

But when I saw the rose gold EHPro clone I had to try it and its great. So I went and bought an EHPro black one also.

I was looking at the EHPro clones a bit and considered buying those, but for my first KFL+ I decided to go with a legit one. More expensive, but considering I bought a clone for my mech mod piece I figured it balances out. For some reason I had more trouble justifying a legit nemesis mod vs the $21 clone I saw on fasttech.com. Buddy of mine went this route and has had no probs with his nemesis clone.

I'm actually strongly considering buying a second KFL+ to keep as a hot spare (so that I can continue to vape while I'm building my next coil) and will look into an EHPro clone for my 2nd build.

Does anyone know where i can purchase Boge cartomizers for cheap? I use to buy Boges for cheap at Vapor Phoenix, but they have gone out of business. The deal is usually 5 boxes (5/box) for around $25.00 shipped. I know about the deal from surevapes.com, but they don't have XL 510SR in stock.

Cru

sure man. have three of them. are you using cotton?

if so post a picture of the wick+coil without the top cap on

juice can only come in from 3 places: the chimney with the little o-ring on the end, the wick holes, and the o-ring at the bottom of the atomizing chamber.

make sure the oring on the chimney is inside the top cap.

make sure your wick sufficiently plugs up the holes. id recommend at least a 5/64ths ID coil to have sufficient wicking material to stuff up the two wick holes.

when you are placing cotton/wicking material in the two atomizing chamber holes, try to put enough in there to fill the holes, then pull up on the chamber until you're past the oring at the base, then push it back down a little so you know you have a good seal.

Thanks, my cotton wicks were too small. I was apparently trying to make the worlds smallest wicks.

I've had my 4Nine clone for a few days now. Loving the patina it got already.

Some issues:

There is no traditional top cap, its just a cap with a hole in it and your atty makes contact directly with the top of your battery. This means that the mod is completely dependant on how long the 510 connection is on your atty and if it has an adjustable pin. My KFL+ clones don't fire but my Magma does fine and my Russian does with the pin unscrewed.

They recommend button top batteries but I don't have any in 18650 mode. So I went an ordered a purple efest. Without button tops and with a short 510 connection the button throw is very very long and wobbly due to the magnetic spacer that they give you with it.

After unscrewing the Russian's 510 connection more and lubing (just a little) around the button in the shaft, I'm getting a much better button/throw-length situation and I'm enjoying it. I've been researching online and will be ordering some spacer magnets that should allow me to use anything I want on this because I really do love the way it looks.

EPIC FAIL:
I forgot that the KFL+ don't have adjustable pins. I unscrewed the pin on one of mine, set this all back up and fired it and fried my brand new VTC5. The KFL started making a crazy noice and the device got so hot in my hand I unscrewed everything and threw it on the carpet lol. Battery dead, opened up KFL and the whole building deck looked burned and fried. Haven't tried building on it again yet, but I replaced the one screw that looked burnt to shit. Hope its not ruined, this was my authentic KFL+.

Anyhoo, sucks dealing with shit like this when you get a new device in and you have to tinker with it for it to work as desired.... can't even imagine if I paid ~$200 for this and had these length of throw and atty's not making contact issues (which are all the same issues that legit owners are having that I'm having with a $45 clone.)

Chopper

EPIC FAIL:
I forgot that the KFL+ don't have adjustable pins. I unscrewed the pin on one of mine, set this all back up and fired it and fried my brand new VTC5. The KFL started making a crazy noice and the device got so hot in my hand I unscrewed everything and threw it on the carpet lol. Battery dead, opened up KFL and the whole building deck looked burned and fried. Haven't tried building on it again yet, but I replaced the one screw that looked burnt to shit. Hope its not ruined, this was my authentic KFL+.
Sorry, what exactly happened here?!

Sorry, what exactly happened here?!

I'm not exactly sure lol.

Some atomizers have an adjustable pin, inside the 510 connection you can unscrew a pin that extends it to make it longer.

On the Kayfun, when you unscrew that pin, it starts to unscrew the building deck and make it come apart. So it must have had something to do with that. A loose deck that wasn't fully connected plus all the power of the battery running through must have fried the battery

So I have this battery which has variable volt between 3,0 - 6,0. The thing is, it also has a "power"-setting with the levels 5 - 15, and I have no idea what it does. Adjusting the volt should adjust the heat, but what does the power-setting do? I've been going back and forth trying to distinguish what it does, but I have no idea.

daw840

So I have this battery which has variable volt between 3,0 - 6,0. The thing is, it also has a "power"-setting with the levels 5 - 15, and I have no idea what it does. Adjusting the volt should adjust the heat, but what does the power-setting do? I've been going back and forth trying to distinguish what it does, but I have no idea.

Well...I don't speak German so I can't read the specs on that model, but I would assume the "power" setting is actually just changing the wattage output.

Top Bottom