• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Yeah I recently sold my Black Copper one to a friend who really wanted it, didn't want to sell it but then I picked this up and I'm pretty glad. Comes with a hybrid adapter as well which is awesome and the SS material makes it match better with more mods. A Kayfun with this looks gorgeous.

DaFish

New toy,

Trinity by Nar... smallest 18650 I have ever come across (its the same size as my Neme in 18500). Top cap is build into the tube.

nar_1.jpg

nar_2.jpg

nar_3.jpg

Here is a pic without an atty from the creator's prototypes.

A85437DC-2E0F-4B47-AE71-2538A0E30E3B_zpsht0qyjz6.jpg

i believe i purchased the okr chip from arrow

hammond 1590b box

wires were old given to me by a relative

earth magnets purchased from K&J

battery sled is 2, 1042s. I purchased the wrong ones (were for button tops) so i had to modify it

need 1 10k resistor and a 220 ohm resistor, and a 200 ohm pot. most were purchased from digikey

i just used a simple wiring diagram. obviously my interpretation of the wiring wasnt the neatest/cleanest, but it works fantastic. been vaping 40-50 watts straight for like 2 days before i need a charge. I would have made the next box already (and better) but I want to add more features into it. i then plan on moving onto 120 watt boxes

I would advise against that. Its by no means the worst kit in the world, but here's a better option:

Get yourself an EVOD or two if you plan on vaping different flavors.

This is the big different. This battery is way better than the one that comes with the kit you linked. This battery allows you to adjust the voltage up and down which will change your vape and allow you to fine-tune it to your liking. eGo C Twist

And grab yourself a charger on that same battery page.

I only use one battery. Maybe buy a second one down the road if you feel you need one. But I think you will be okay with just one and charge it when needed.

Ecto311

Dead deal for the v4l OMG mod. was going for $10 before shipping. Then the price jumped to $80 again. So heres a pic of a corgi.
cute-corgi-puppy-e1377298287277.jpg

That specific okr build requires knowledge of battery voltage, ohms law so you don't over shoot the chips amp limit, as well as a reliable way to check resistance. My future builds will alleviate a lot of these requirements but it requires a few more circuits.

As that one stands, putting the batteries in wrong will fry your chio

I would advise against that. Its by no means the worst kit in the world, but here's a better option:

Get yourself an EVOD or two if you plan on vaping different flavors.

This is the big different. This battery is way better than the one that comes with the kit you linked. This battery allows you to adjust the voltage up and down which will change your vape and allow you to fine-tune it to your liking. eGo C Twist

And grab yourself a charger on that same battery page.

I only use one battery. Maybe buy a second one down the road if you feel you need one. But I think you will be okay with just one and charge it when needed.

Hmm, thanks for the help. So what exactly is the difference between the evod 1 and 2? And that ego c twist looks great.

What is everyone's favorite Canadian retailer?

Hmm, thanks for the help. So what exactly is the difference between the evod 1 and 2? And that ego c twist looks great.

What is everyone's favorite Canadian retailer?

The evod 2 has dual coils which is supposed to produce better vapor/flavor, but I've found the performance on the EVOD one is the same.

The evod 2 is also build of better materials and has a removeable drip tip. But you also cannot fill it up to its max capacity due to the way the air hole is designed, which I hate.

I like the original EVOD better.

thoroughly impressed with the build quality. gold plating seems good, but its early to tell. the o rings are absolutely amazing. seems weird saying that but every fits so precisely. all the air flow options adjust super well.

i didn't care for the look of the RDA in videos but Ive completely changed my mind on this box mod.

flavor is close to the Magma. Could be the setup. I won't say it's as good, but it's definitely on the level. Vapor production absolutely kills it

i can't imagine not getting one with a gold plated deck. just doesn't make any sense to me as it's one of the selling points of the RDA. even if you didn't care for the look it's not like you can see it

either way it was definitely a great purchase. vaping cereal killa from 9 south vapes on it. flavor is definitely good. have all the air holes open and running it in single coil right now

edit: man, that click when you line up the negative post air hole. it really shouldnt feel this good

i could easily make analogies about certain "parts" lining up, but i wont go there lol

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
Finally got all the stuff in for my first mod/rda. I got a Cana Modz DNA30 clone and an Hcigar Magma clone. Made myself a 1.2 ohm single coil and wicked it with cotton. All I can say is wow! The flavour(Five Pawns Grandmaster atm) is unbelievable compared to the Protank Mini 2/Evod setup I was using before and the vapor is amazing. I'm already looking into picking up a few legit items soon(Neptune hybrid and a Castle RDA). Loving vaping more than ever.

Finally got all the stuff in for my first mod/rda. I got a Cana Modz DNA30 clone and an Hcigar Magma clone. Made myself a 1.2 ohm single coil and wicked it with cotton. All I can say is wow! The flavour(Five Pawns Grandmaster atm) is unbelievable compared to the Protank Mini 2/Evod setup I was using before and the vapor is amazing. I'm already looking into picking up a few legit items soon(Neptune hybrid and a Castle RDA). Loving vaping more than ever.

its your money, but if you like that magma as much as you do, i wouldn't recommend the castle. you'd be taking a step backwards

if you want bigger clouds, look for a tobh, the zenith v2, or plume veil

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
its your money, but if you like that magma as much as you do, i wouldn't recommend the castle. you'd be taking a step backwards

if you want bigger clouds, look for a tobh, the zenith v2, or plume veil

Thanks for the tip. I think I mainly fell in love with the Castle aesthetically early on. RiP Trippers seemed to love the PlumeVeil from the review he posted the other day, guess I'll keep researching a bit before I make any further acquisitions.

So I've been meaning to post here for quite some time. I've never been a big traditional cigarette user(only smoking occasionally) and enjoy occasional cigars but a friend of mine introduced me to vaping while I was in school about a year and a half ago. Didn't stick with it long because I found cartomizers (all I knew) to be a hassle and they always leaked on me like crazy. Wasn't a fan of the build quality from the Vamo I was using either.

Fast forward to about a week and a half ago and I decided to try out another e-cig. This time I went with an iTaste SVD kit that included iClear 30 clearomizers. Much better experience from the start. SVD had a better build quality and the clearomizers were so easy to work with and wicked very well.

Being that I can never start a hobby without a healthy dose of obsession I just received my first rebuildable device this afternoon, a Russian 91%. Beautiful device and it took me hours and hours to get a build going that would work decently. Such a different experience. Vaping is less harsh and flavors feel smoother. Really enjoying it though I'm terrified of when I'll need to rewick or rebuild it again already.

So thats that. I've got a Magma RDA on the way and a few mechanical mods too. I guess I'm a bit of a reverse story as I went from occasional cigarette craving to wanting my e-cig close by but at the same time it hasn't been anything but an enjoyable experience that, given all the different devices and juices, is quite a fun hobby too.

Ecto311

I guess I'm a bit of a reverse story as I went from occasional cigarette craving to wanting my e-cig close by but at the same time it hasn't been anything but an enjoyable experience that, given all the different devices and juices, is quite a fun hobby too.

Kinda the same thing for me too. I smoked a pack a day of marb reds for 5 years then quit almost 6 years ago cold turkey. Never had a problem going from a lot to no cigarettes nicotine was never that addictive for me. Recently things got stressful and instead of drinking or regular cigs I tried a fin ecig from walmart. It was ok then I went to the vuse from rj Reynolds. That was better but crap and expensive. Now I have a protank 2 and 3 and the joyetech batteries. Even rebuilt the coils and get really decent clouds for under $50.

Joe

is there something in between a mechanical mod and an MVP?

i have an RDA on my MVP and like it a lot but i would love just a little more vapor production.

i hate dealing with batteries and chargers and like how i can just plug my MVP and use it while charging so i really don't want a mechanical.

i have an RDA on my MVP and like it a lot but i would love just a little more vapor production.

i hate dealing with batteries and chargers and like how i can just plug my MVP and use it while charging so i really don't want a mechanical.

you basically are just looking for a regulated mod with more power. you could look at the DNA 30, the SX350, or any of the VV devices that are 50 watts and above.

my dual 18650 dna 30 and my okr t10 give me fantastic battery life. the plume veil on that OKR can blow some serious clouds

you could also looking into the dual 18650 box mods that can coil ridiculously low. thats some serious vapor as well

I stopped smoking years ago, but I just bought an itaste vv. Really enjoying the flavors. I completely didn't understand the strength of the nicotine thing. I just figured I'd get the 24mg version and get more for the money. Big mistake, I was getting headaches from the nicotine rush. Got some 6mg berry mix and now I'm all good.

It sounds like you don't like that the MVP is a "box" mod. Unfotunately your options are very limited when it comes to tube mods with build in batteries that you can just plug in a charge.

I can't even think of any.

J-Roderton

Picked up myself and eGo-T with some Southern Freeze flavored juice. Shit tastes great. It's 18mg. Anyway, I just stopped using snuff and this thing really helps get me out of a nic fit. Cool device. Maybe I'll upgrade one of these days, but this thing is working great so far.

Pete Rock

Yeah I recently reconnected with an old friend, coincidentally the first person to ever offer or introduce me to nicotine through chewing tobacco. We would play football and wrestle and be good old midwest boys so it seemed totally appropriate at the time.

Well fifteen years later he's really feeling the effects of it on his body and was astounded by my e-cigarette equipment to the point of rhetorically asking the question "I wonder if one of those would help me quit chew... it's not like I have a nicotine addiction I just have this oral fixation". I just laughed and said dude, buy one like, yesterday. Hopefully he figures it out sooner rather than later.

So I got a K101 in the mail the other day. My first mechanical mod. I noticed some strange differences between it any my iTaste SVD.

With the same exact Russian 91%, with the same 0.9 ohm coil and juice in it (literally plucked from one mod to the other):

SVD @ 15 watts: Took a few drags to get the coil heated up (at least one long one resulting in little vapor production) and if I hit it too many times consecutively it just seemed burned. This made me wonder if I'd like the K101 which, with the 0.9 ohm build, would hit higher watts on a full battery (19.6 watts). Russian 91% would always get very hot too with consecutive drags.

K101: Never have to get the coil heated. Always gets good vapor production even when the battery was down to 3.7 volts (still 15 watts). Never tastes burnt.

Why is my experience between these two so different? The SVD can't be delivering more power can it? Is there a more gradual heating time with VV/VW devices?

daw840

Well fifteen years later he's really feeling the effects of it on his body and was astounded by my e-cigarette equipment to the point of rhetorically asking the question "I wonder if one of those would help me quit chew... it's not like I have a nicotine addiction I just have this oral fixation". I just laughed and said dude, buy one like, yesterday. Hopefully he figures it out sooner rather than later.

1) He has a nicotine addiction.
2) He is probably addicted to other chemicals in cured/fermented tobacco (SNUS is a healthier choice, swedish SNUS even more so).
3) Why doesn't he just try nicotine gum? I'm all for vaping, but if chew is his addiction, nicotine gum may be a much better choice.

Pete Rock

1) He has a nicotine addiction.
2) He is probably addicted to other chemicals in cured/fermented tobacco (SNUS is a healthier choice, swedish SNUS even more so).
3) Why doesn't he just try nicotine gum? I'm all for vaping, but if chew is his addiction, nicotine gum may be a much better choice.
Absolutely totally agreed on the first two points which is why I could only laugh in response, you can't really respond logically to such a ridiculous illogical comment such as that (I use nicotine but am addicted to a secondary factor of consumption). His mind is still making excuses. Also agreed on the latter, and I mentioned that to him and he also agrees. All those other chemicals tie it into your digestive system and mental health way more than "normalized" or "clean" nicotine in vapor juice, at least in my opinion after experiencing both sides of it.

A lot of my friends tried gum including this person, we all failed with it. In my opinion it is too easy to overly self-dose by leaving the wad of gum in your lip like a dip instead of taking it out after 5-10 minutes per the instructions. I am not saying this as a criticism of the methodology, it probably would have worked better if I actually followed the instructions, but we all seemed to end up effectively (ab)using it like an oral patch of sorts.

I have just been obsessed with Virgin Vapors lately. On my third 1 oz bottle of Pillow Dreams and I just scooped half oz bottles of Death By Chocolate, Hazelnut and Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich. Oh my god, they all smell delicious. Letting the small bottles steep for a week or so before I crack into them.

I think I am going to stick with flavors that focus on replicating creamy and heavy desserts, they pair excellently with my cold brew coffee and I actually quite enjoy them outside of that as well. Although I do love fruit flavors, they clash incredibly harshly with the cold brew coffee and whole milk, to the point where they kind of neuter/cancel each other out on my palette and it is not exactly a pleasant battle. I love the sound of all these Custards that have been popular lately but I have not settled on one yet. Going to look back through this thread next time I am ordering and scoop up one that is highly recommended. When I was a little kid (as if I ever grew up lol) I used to LOVE bavarian cream filled long johns... if I could find something that replicates that filling flavor I would lose my fucking mind. Edit: Wikipedia tells me this: "The American "Bavarian Cream doughnuts" are actually filled with a version of a crème pâtissière (pastry cream), causing local linguistic confusion." Brainwashed again!

I just recently got my first mech mod: SS Magneto. I just built my first dual SS coil and wanted to know if the wires connected to the positive post can touch each other? The first coil came to .9 ohms and fluctuated to 1.3 ohms on my multimeter. The internal resistance of the multimeter was .3 ohms. Then it's .6 ohms at 4.2 volts so I would be pushing 7.0 amps and almost 30 amps. Now when I add a second SS wick, does the resistance stack? If my second coil is reading .6 ohms I would be at 1.2 ohms for both wicks combined?

DaFish

I just recently got my first mech mod: SS Magneto. I just built my first dual SS coil and wanted to know if the wires connected to the positive post can touch each other? The first coil came to .9 ohms and fluctuated to 1.3 ohms on my multimeter. The internal resistance of the multimeter was .3 ohms. Then it's .6 ohms at 4.2 volts so I would be pushing 7.0 amps and almost 30 amps. Now when I add a second SS wick, does the resistance stack? If my second coil is reading .6 ohms I would be at 1.2 ohms for both wicks combined?
It does the opposite and actually halves it.

if you specifically like the look of the axis mod, by all means go for it. personally, for that price I'd get a box mod with a little more power. 70 watts should be enough but Id rather have more than I need than not enough

if you specifically like the look of the axis mod, by all means go for it. personally, for that price I'd get a box mod with a little more power. 70 watts should be enough but Id rather have more than I need than not enough

Yeah I'm grabbing it mainly for the looks but $250 is quite a hefty price. I'm not quite sure I need additional power since my preferred dripping build is .3 ohm and at the 76.8 watt limit it hits 4.8 volts. However, I got on a group buy for the Sigelei 100W for about $70 and it already out powers it at less than a third of the cost of an Axis lol...

1899984_10202890035184704_7306350715447614515_n.jpg

ACE 1991

So I have been using a standard kangertech evod and decided I want to get a battery with a variable voltage knob, so I went to a vape shop (vapor store in East Rutherford NJ) and purchased an Ego-c Twist. I did not get a charger as the lady at the store said I could use the evod charger with the Ego-c Twist. Is this true? I don't want to blow something up because the ego-c twist goes to a higher voltage than the evod did. Secondly, I wanted to get some replacement coils so the lady sold me 2 "Kangertech Protank 3 Coils," but I do not know if they are compatible with the current setup I have. The vapor does not taste nearly as good, not to mention that the coils themselves look really weird and different from the kangertech protank 3 coils I have seen online. Here is a picture of one of the coils I bought: http://imgur.com/kIFp2hw

I think it's finally time I try one of these, possibly with a mind towards quitting smoking. The local e-cigarette shop sells these starter kits: http://www.lifestylecig.com/kits/

Can anyone recommend one of them?

Gotta try and help a Kings fan!

Those all look overpriced to me. Of course, I'm not in Canada and I'm not up on the exchange rate. You may be able to find US vendors that ship to Canada, I have no idea. If so, you have much better options. But in a few minutes of poking around, I found this. It's the Kanger EVOD kit from a Canadian vendor at a better price. The small-ish 650 mAh batteries would kinda bug me, but the EVOD "clearomizer" (the top part that contains the juice and the coil that vaporizes it) is a great unit. The price still looks high to me, but better than your original link. You'd have to wait for the mail, though. Also, keep in mind that I don't know anything about that vendor. If you want actual, concrete info from fellow Canadians, poke around here. That's the Canada forum at e-cigarette-forum (ECF). You'll find more detailed info there.

Best of luck.

So I have been using a standard kangertech evod and decided I want to get a battery with a variable voltage knob, so I went to a vape shop (vapor store in East Rutherford NJ) and purchased an Ego-c Twist. I did not get a charger as the lady at the store said I could use the evod charger with the Ego-c Twist. Is this true? I don't want to blow something up because the ego-c twist goes to a higher voltage than the evod did. Secondly, I wanted to get some replacement coils so the lady sold me 2 "Kangertech Protank 3 Coils," but I do not know if they are compatible with the current setup I have. The vapor does not taste nearly as good, not to mention that the coils themselves look really weird and different from the kangertech protank 3 coils I have seen online. Here is a picture of one of the coils I bought: http://imgur.com/kIFp2hw

Yay New Jersey. What was the vape shop called? I've heard good things about Good Karma vapor up in that area.

No, she gave you the wrong head. The EVOD head is the same as the Pro Tank and the Pro Tank II

This is the one you need. They are right in New York so you will prolly have it tomorrow if you order it early today Click This

Your charger is fine.

Chopper

Finally got my hands on a copper and black Stingray clone. It really looks quite lovely, and in 18350 mode, is hilariously tiny...

5QwBPJP.jpg

I'm not sure about this bottom button though. It's a bit clicky and temperamental. Also, the drip tip doesn't seem to fit my Aerotank, which is a bit of a shame.

Finally got my hands on a copper and black Stingray clone. It really looks quite lovely, and in 18350 mode, is hilariously tiny...

5QwBPJP.jpg

I'm not sure about this bottom button though. It's a bit clicky and temperamental. Also, the drip tip doesn't seem to fit my Aerotank, which is a bit of a shame.

I had to completely dismantle the bottom button and grease all the pieces with this stuff:

Dupont-4oz-Lubricants.jpg

The blue Multi Purpose.

There aren't that many moving parts, on a difficulty scale of 1-10 its like a 6.

Button fires like butter now.

I tried taking it apart, but didn't want to break anything, and nothing else seemed to twist. I got the top magnet off...

Unscrew the plastic/delrin thingy, then unscrew the magnet with the knurling on the side.

Now pull out that copper ring making sure not to lose the little pin/bearing thats in the slot. Now blow it all out and lube up those copper pieces and re-assemble.

All the friction is on that round copper piece sliding against the copper post in the bottom, make sure thats lubed up most.

Chopper

Unscrew the plastic/delrin thingy, then unscrew the magnet with the knurling on the side.

Now pull out that copper ring making sure not to lose the little pin/bearing thats in the slot. Now blow it all out and lube up those copper pieces and re-assemble.

All the friction is on that round copper piece sliding against the copper post in the bottom, make sure thats lubed up most.
Thankyou for this. I managed to completely disassemble it and found a tiny piece of metal, which is supposed to hold the copper pieces into place, rattling free in the base of the button. I put it in its rightful place, put it all back together, and performance has improved 100%. Loving it.

Top Bottom