• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Threw a 1.1 ohm build on the Magma, same as my Kayfun, and its rocking way better than it ever did as a dual .6 on my mech mods back in the day.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Mt baker vapor has a flavor called "thug juice" which is watermelon and menthol flavored. Didnt think id encounter racism while buying vape juice. WOW.

dream

Oh man, I just mixed this strawberry and peppermint concoction that is absolutely unreal.

2 weeks since smoking my last cigarette, and it just makes sense to me because vaping this delicious minty strawberry is so much better.

Cetra

Just got my Kayfun Lite Plus. Never built a coil in my life. Did this one in less than 10 minutes. Hit 1.6Ohms. Running it at 4.2v on my Provari.

Mother of God.

Joe

What are the differences between spacing out coil wraps and keeping coil wraps as close as possible?

I space mine out a little and taste is low so I'm wondering if that's the reason.

DOGE atty

IMG_20062014_145452.png

such clouds?

Did you get one? I've heard some good things.

No, just watched a review for it.

I'm not a cloud-chaser. I'm still a mouth-to-lung guy, always will be.

I stopped by that vape shop, that I had mentioned before in central new jersey, again last week. They continue to surprise me with how much dope stuff they have. Was looking at 2Puff drip tips, not trying to spend $20 on a drip tip.

The two guys who run it are cloud-chasers. They have tons of 0 - 3mg nic juice for that purpose, which limits their selection of 12mg for me.

I asked them if they had any interest in carrying some of the higher end juices like Five Pawns, Lazarus, etc. but he quickly stated, "That shits 'Tank Juice'."

Oh well.

Cetra

I asked them if they had any interest in carrying some of the higher end juices like Five Pawns, Lazarus, etc. but he quickly stated, "That shits 'Tank Juice'."

Oh well.

I get the same treatment from the Vape Shops here in Memphis. If you aren't sub-ohming the latest and greatest RDA + Mech you're doing it wrong. It's really annoying since I like to support brick and mortar stores. =/

Got my first Zamplebox order today.

EyNyQhJ.jpg

Not familiar with many US juices, so I don't know what is supposed to be good or not but 90ml of juice for £27 is incredible value in the UK, especially with this variety. Only tried Cosmonaut so far and it's a fantastic fruity vape. Absolutely packed with flavour.

If you wanna give them a try I'd recommend doing it soon too. They're raising their prices in the near future but all early member accounts get locked at the current price.

Got my first Zamplebox order today.

EyNyQhJ.jpg

Not familiar with many US juices, so I don't know what is supposed to be good or not but 90ml of juice for £27 is incredible value in the UK, especially with this variety. Only tried Cosmonaut so far and it's a fantastic fruity vape. Absolutely packed with flavour.

If you wanna give them a try I'd recommend doing it soon too. They're raising their prices in the near future but all early member accounts get locked at the current price.

As tempting as it is, I think it would be a waste for me.

I'm someone who likes 1 out of every 10 juices I try. I have a foundation of 4 or 5 flavors that I absolutely love and couldn't see myself continuing to buy those 4 or 5 and then pay for these every month.

I've been burned (see: threw money out the window) way too many times on juices that I don't like.

I'm someone who likes 1 out of every 10 juices I try. I have a foundation of 4 or 5 flavors that I absolutely love and couldn't see myself continuing to buy those 4 or 5 and then pay for these every month.

I've been burned (see: threw money out the window) way too many times on juices that I don't like.

Yeah, that's fair; if you're that fussy when it comes to juices it's not worth the risk. I'm generally fine with fruity juices which is what I got, unless they taste like perfume or plastic. You can tell them not to send tobacco or menthol, which I did, so I was mainly worried about getting chocolate/coffee vapes which I hate (despite loving both of those things). Fortunately I didn't get any. I think they're introducing flavour profiles soon so you get a more tailored box.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
New to this thread, it's very helpful, but also complicated.
Smoke cigarettes, have tried disposables, and bought option 2 from the OP a year ago (It was ok, but a bit bigger than I hoped), but it got lost.

Hoping to help my wife and I stop smoking. Is this a good option for the battery? eGo C Twist Variable Voltage

Am thinking of a standard clearomizer and can't decide between Aerotank mini or Protank2 for me. Would I notice a difference?

Also, my wife's sister had something like a hookah pen., Can we just add liquid without nicotine for the same results? If i wanted to use Hash Oil, Would I just buy a separate Clearomizer for that?

Right now Mods look extremely complicated, so trying to keep it simple but effective.
Thanks

New to this thread, it's very helpful, but also complicated.
Smoke cigarettes, have tried disposables, and bought option 2 from the OP a year ago (It was ok, but a bit bigger than I hoped), but it got lost.

Hoping to help my wife and I stop smoking. Is this a good option for the battery? eGo C Twist Variable Voltage

Am thinking of a standard clearomizer and can't decide between Aerotank mini or Protank2 for me. Would I notice a difference?

Also, my wife's sister had something like a hookah pen., Can we just add liquid without nicotine for the same results? If i wanted to use Hash Oil, Would I just buy a separate Clearomizer for that?

Right now Mods look extremely complicated, so trying to keep it simple but effective.
Thanks

Welcome. Sorry about your bad experience last year... lets get it right this time.

- That battery you have above is PERFECT.

- You will notice a difference with any different thing you screw onto it. The Aerotank Mini is a great device. Stay away from the ProTank II.
--- The other new kid on the block that is getting RAVE reviews is the ASPIRE NAUTILUS MINI. So you may want to get that instead of the Aerotank Mini.

- I dont know about the Hash oil.

- You can get juice in zero nicotine and smoke it like a hookah (where you take it right into your lungs as you breath in.)

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Welcome. Sorry about your bad experience last year... lets get it right this time.

- You will notice a difference with any different thing you screw onto it. The Aerotank Mini is a great device. Stay away from the ProTank II.
--- The other new kid on the block that is getting RAVE reviews is the ASPIRE NAUTILUS MINI. So you may want to get that instead of the Aerotank Mini.

- You can get juice in zero nicotine and smoke it like a hookah (where you take it right into your lungs as you breath in.)

Thanks for the info. The Nautilus Mini looks really good. Is the process for replacing coils (in general) long and complicated? Should I be buying 1.6 or 1.8 ohm?

Thanks for the info. The Nautilus Mini looks really good. Is the process for replacing coils (in general) long and complicated? Should I be buying 1.6 or 1.8 ohm?

Replacing coils is as easy as unscrewing things. Rebuilding is more complicated, but that's something to consider further down the road. Either 1.6 or 1.8 will be fine. The Twist will let you change the voltage to best suit your coil so it's hard to go wrong with typical tanks really.

Good advice, but I'd throw in this note:

If you aren't vaping "tank crackers" (liquids that are known to crack plastic) I'd also highly recommend the tried and true EVOD tanks. (They come in a variety of variants, single, or dual-coil, and even including a glass tank now--but I haven't tried it.) For a newer vaper who wants good flavor but doesn't want to spend a whole bunch of $$$ upfront, or wants several tanks for several flavors right away, they are a pretty awesome deal.

Personally, I'd go that route, at least at first. I think it's more important to zero in on what juices work for you at first. Having a variety of juices in a few tanks there when you need them speeds that process up greatly, and will avoid any frustration that might have you reaching back for the analogs.

When you get to the point that you know which juices work for you, then you can concentrate on more advanced tank concerns if you need to down the road. Going to something like an Aerotank or Nautius is great, but it's kinda like audiophile equipment. You are paying a whole heap of money to squeeze out like 10-15% better performance.

Good advice, but I'd throw in this note:

If you aren't vaping "tank crackers" (liquids that are known to crack plastic) I'd also highly recommend the tried and true EVOD tanks. (They come in a variety of variants, single, or dual-coil, and even including a glass tank now--but I haven't tried it.) For a newer vaper who wants good flavor but doesn't want to spend a whole bunch of $$$ upfront, or wants several tanks for several flavors right away, they are a pretty awesome deal.

Personally, I'd go that route, at least at first. I think it's more important to zero in on what juices work for you at first. Having a variety of juices in a few tanks there when you need them speeds that process up greatly, and will avoid any frustration that might have you reaching back for the analogs.

When you get to the point that you know which juices work for you, then you can concentrate on more advanced tank concerns if you need to down the road. Going to something like an Aerotank or Nautius is great, but it's kinda like audiophile equipment. You are paying a whole heap of money to squeeze out like 10-15% better performance.

I agree with the EVOD recommendation. It would be good to have 1 or 2 of those on hand in addition to your Nautilus Mini. You can try different flavors in the EVODs adn keep your favorite in the Nautilus Mini.

I disagree with the 10-15% better argument. The EVOD is great but can be very inconsistent and leak like a bandit when turned on its side.

The Nautilus will provide far better performance.

A 306 bridgeless atomizer is a good, cheap and easy option for testing juices too. Also, if you're getting any of the Kanger tanks make sure it has the newer coil design that looks like this without the wick poking out the side.

DUAL-COIL-2.jpg

I think they're pretty much ripping off the Aspire coil design, and I didn't have a single leak or gurgle with them when I was using them.

dream

Yeah, I use EVOD2s and every time I take them off of my battery, I see a pretty decent sized drop of juice on the contact.

I'm actually going to grab a Nautilus Mini today just because it looks so cool.

EVODs are well overrated, if you ask me. Which none of you did.

The problem is that for the size and the price, it can hang with any kind of clearo out there. But all the sudden they flip a switch and are absolutely horrible. Leaky, dry, harsh, etc. Its like night and day.

TCRS

Banned
can I still vape liquid that has become brown inside the cartridge? It's been there for a few days now and it's sort of brown now.

I'm into week two with no analogs. Had a Joyetech eGo-C for over a year but it really didn't do the trick to quit. I've since upgraded to a Nautilus Mini with a iTaste MVP.

One thing I have noticed right away is I had to drop from 18mg down to 12 or 6 mg. Most 12mg I am finding way too harsh. So I'll mix 6mg with 12mg of either the same flavor or similar. I was a pack a day smoker and everyone at the shop said probably 18mg but it was knocking me on my ass. Been sampling a lot of different juices are various local B&Ms in and around Montreal. Found the tobacco ones I tried early on way too sweet. All seemed to have a strong maple taste to them. I've moved on to more fruit flavors now. Been using this Orange Creamsicle one that's pretty good.

I'm into week two with no analogs. Had a Joyetech eGo-C for over a year but it really didn't do the trick to quit. I've since upgraded to a Nautilus Mini with a iTaste MVP.

One thing I have noticed right away is I had to drop from 18mg down to 12 or 6 mg. Most 12mg I am finding way too harsh. So I'll mix 6mg with 12mg of either the same flavor or similar. I was a pack a day smoker and everyone at the shop said probably 18mg but it was knocking me on my ass. Been sampling a lot of different juices are various local B&Ms in and around Montreal. Found the tobacco ones I tried early on way too sweet. All seemed to have a strong maple taste to them. I've moved on to more fruit flavors now. Been using this Orange Creamsicle one that's pretty good.

Nice man.

Yeah, ejuice nicotine can have a weird sting/burn to it.

I dont know if thats a biproduct of the juice being shitty or not top-tier. But I've been vaping pretty high end stuff for the most part and they have a nice smooth throat hit.

I picked up two bottles of some local juice that is made in-house at the same 12mg I usually get from other vendors and the nicotine has a real harsh burn to it.

Again, I dont know why that is. Are they using different kind of nicotine? Is it something in their process that they are doing differently where they can't get it to be smoother in there, I dont know. But it sucks.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I got an aspire BDC and it's missing a part that makes it look less awkward.

Here's what I bought, from gotvapes.com:

mininovaaspire.png

Note that you can see the screw that screws in the coil or whatever it's called. In all the video reviews it looks different though, there's an extra covering part, like this:

aspire_et_s_bdc_1-600x600.jpg

It looks dumb without that covering. Where do I get a covering, or buy a new one with a covering? What is that covering called?

I got an aspire BDC and it's missing a part that makes it look less awkward.

Here's what I bought, from gotvapes.com:

Note that you can see the screw that screws in the coil or whatever it's called. In all the video reviews it looks different though, there's an extra covering part, like this:

It looks dumb without that covering. Where do I get a covering, or buy a new one with a covering? What is that covering called?

They are called different things.

MVS calls it eGo Cone Cover or eGo Cone Sleeve

Cetra

So did anyone else find themselves not enjoying their daily e-liquid when they switched to rebuildables?

I've been using Legend from Heather's Heavenly Vapes exclusively for almost two years. But ... In this Kayfun it tastes bad. Really purfumey and almost... oily. I can't understand it other than I'm now getting the full flavor profile of the e-liquid.

Any rebuildables users out there that use tobacco flavored juices? If so, any suggestions?

Chopper

So did anyone else find themselves not enjoying their daily e-liquid when they switched to rebuildables?

I've been using Legend from Heather's Heavenly Vapes exclusively for almost two years. But ... In this Kayfun it tastes bad. Really purfumey and almost... oily. I can't understand it other than I'm now getting the full flavor profile of the e-liquid.

Any rebuildables users out there that use tobacco flavored juices? If so, any suggestions?
Is your Kayfun new? I found that the juice I usually vape tasted like shit in my KFL clone until I soaked it in vodka overnight.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Okay the Aspire BDC I was recommended here tastes weird. At first it tasted fine but now I can't really taste the flavor of my liquid. Vapor production seems fine, there is sometimes gurgling. The aftertaste is weird and slightly metallic despite there being little discernible foretaste.

I went ahead and bought an Ego C Twist (using Ego C right now, but I want to be able to alter voltage). Bought an Ego C airflow controller.

I also bought a nautilus mini and some coils. I'll keep the Aspire BDC on my current ego C, put the airflow control on it and see if airflow adjustment fixes the weird taste problem. I'll use the nautilus with the ego c twist as my main vape device.

Hopefully I didn't spend a bunch of money on crap.

Cetra

So I soaked the Kayfun in some alcohol overnight. I took it all the way apart and removed all the o-rings and insulators and set those aside while the metal pieces soaked.

This morning I went to rinse the parts and dropped the center pin screw down the sink. Guess I'm back on the Nautilus till my new center pin screw gets here. haha.

Chopper

So I soaked the Kayfun in some alcohol overnight. I took it all the way apart and removed all the o-rings and insulators and set those aside while the metal pieces soaked.

This morning I went to rinse the parts and dropped the center pin screw down the sink. Guess I'm back on the Nautilus till my new center pin screw gets here. haha.
Aw dammit. I feel partly responsible.

Powow sauce by Manabush... goddamn, might be my favourite juice of all time. Supposed to be a sweet caramel/custard with a tobacco base... tastes like sticky toffee pudding with custard to me. I've read a few people say it's the UK's equivalent to Boba's Bounty. I haven't tried BB, but regardless this is a stunning juice.

I did the same with the first RDA I bought. Screw down the drain when cleaning. Totally sucks. Fortunately a screw from another device fit.

Rizific

Aw dammit. I feel partly responsible.

ive lost nipple caps, screws, orings, and wicks to my sink. its a part of the game bro.

just got a black veritas to go with my black okr box i made. this thing is really, really nice.

vertical tiger coil at .7Ω. This thing holds the amount of juice the magma does except it doesnt leak.

Joe

fixed my MVP with a new o-ring around the center pin. works better than it did brand new. the o-ring it ships with is a P.O.S.

put a Magma RDA clone on it and it's the best performance i've had out of the MVP yet.

The Provari Stealth is awesome.

Not my pic

278063d1385777262-provari-stealth-mini-v2-5-20131129_190005.jpg

49769994ec5ea86c793c3dc663d1ab76.jpg

All murdered-out everything, including screws. Screen is blue and doesn't illuminate past 12 inches.

I want one.

Top Bottom