• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Currently a Vamo and a NatureVape Midi Pro mostly, and an iTaste VV for out and about. An Igo-W on occasion. I really need to get a decent RBA and a mech mod.

Dripper or tank?

If dripper, you are already halfway there. I use an Igo-W with an Igo-L top cap and it performs just as good as any other dripper i've tried. You can also try the Halo V2 top cap for it but thats kinda pricey. But it does support both single and dual coils.

Outside of that, the Magma (which can be had for <$30 cloned) is phenomenal.

For Mechs, there's obviously a zillion as you know, but I'll recommend the Smoktech Magneto. I love it and don't have to deal with shoddy clones and poor machining.

Dripper or tank?

If dripper, you are already halfway there. I use an Igo-W with an Igo-L top cap and it performs just as good as any other dripper i've tried. You can also try the Halo V2 top cap for it but thats kinda pricey. But it does support both single and dual coils.

Outside of that, the Magma (which can be had for <$30 cloned) is phenomenal.

For Mechs, there's obviously a zillion as you know, but I'll recommend the Smoktech Magneto. I love it and don't have to deal with shoddy clones and poor machining.

Yeah, a tank. I'm fine with the Igo-W as a dripper for now. I'm satisfied with the cotton microcoils in my Naturevape tank so I'm in no hurry to get something new, but I'm on the lookout. I'll check out the Magneto thanks.

Pete Rock

So I found a new local store that carries all the good shit and none of the bad shit. Finally. They have Five Pawns and Alpha Vape and some dripping brand I was not really familiar with or interested in. Tried some Nambler (Grim Green) juices but just thought they were alright, nothing too special.

Scooped a bottle of Grandmaster and Gambit. Tried Castle Long as well and really enjoyed it much more than I thought I would based on the description. Very nice all around. Great to have a local place I can scoop from instead of ordering online or picking up on road trips.

I find the Grandmaster to have a better banana and peanut butter flavor profile than the Banana Peanut Butter sandwhich from Virgin Vapors. They are kind of similar but both of those notes are a little crisper and cleaner on the Five Pawns. Also instead of ending with a hint of bread, which is actually pretty well done, the caramel sweetness as the finish on Grandmaster is a superior combination with the other pair of flavors.

new B&M opened near my work on the 2nd. wasn't thinking much of it. decided to check it out with the mrs two weeks ago. was really impressed. decent selection of premium juices, but the really good part was their prices on hardware. never thought id buy a piece of hardware in a store

wound up getting a wide bore glass drip tip for $5 and another plume veil clone for $19. picked up a veritas in black for $16 on friday

dream

new B&M opened near my work on the 2nd. wasn't thinking much of it. decided to check it out with the mrs two weeks ago. was really impressed. decent selection of premium juices, but the really good part was their prices on hardware. never thought id buy a piece of hardware in a store

wound up getting a wide bore glass drip tip for $5 and another plume veil clone for $19. picked up a veritas in black for $16 on friday

How's the drip tip? I was just thinking that the last thing I want to do in the cold, cold Canadian winter is put a metal drip tip between my lips.

Rizific

finally got my tobeco plume veil from a fb group buy after over a month of waiting. also got a pack of japanese cotton that my brother sent me. first time building in the plume veil and with the japanese cotton...this is going to be my new daily replacing the zenith v2. dont know if its the cotton that is making the difference in flavor or the rda. but, wow. ive never been a fan of patina'd anything, but i think the patina on the stingray x looks ridiculously good. definitely loving this set up.

How's the drip tip? I was just thinking that the last thing I want to do in the cold, cold Canadian winter is put a metal drip tip between my lips.

glass has been my definitive favorite for quite some time. i really only like drinking out of a glass so naturally i would prefer to vape out of glass as well. it's clean and flavorless.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I got an ego twist and nautilus mini and its a step up from my aspire bdc for sure. Not sure what I should be looking for when adjusting voltage and airflow. Also not sure if I should raise or lower voltage depending on pg/VG ratio.

Cetra

I got an ego twist and nautilus mini and its a step up from my aspire bdc for sure. Not sure what I should be looking for when adjusting voltage and airflow. Also not sure if I should raise or lower voltage depending on pg/VG ratio.

Adjust voltage to taste, and airflow to your preferred draw. Be careful making the draw too tight though since it can cause the atomizer to flood. I usually leave my Nautilus on the largest airflow setting. If I notice the vapor seeming dry I'll knock the airflow down a setting or two for a little while to get the wicking material saturated again and then open the airflow back up.

But honestly 90% of both of those are personal preference.

Pete Rock

I prefer 28G and I know Victory Red has stated his preference for 29.

My original Provape ZAP Genesis atomizer shipped with ceramic wicks and 32G wrap at 2 ohms. So I rebuilt with that a few times before I started experimenting. I tried 30 and it was not much of a difference.

I honestly did not really fall in love with rebuilding until I switched to different wick material and 28G wrapped to 1.8 ohm resistance. Really enjoy that setup and have rebuilt that way ever since. I should note however that using a genesis, a lot of the wicking flow rate is determined by how I orient the device. I'm still an old school tipper and I don't see that changing. Plus I can kick my pinky out at the same time and make it look all bourgeois.

If I were you I would buy small spools of 32, 30, 28, 26 and then see which one you like. Once you have that figured out then you can commit to a larger spool.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So uhhh, what's the deal with clones?

I kind of want to, at some point, get a Hana Modz clone (Cana Modz, lol) and a Veritas clone. Bad idea? I don't have money for the authentic shit but I love the huge clouds I"m seeing in review videos. Is it going to blow up in my hand and kill me?

I kind of want to, at some point, get a Hana Modz clone (Cana Modz, lol) and a Veritas clone. Bad idea? I don't have money for the authentic shit but I love the huge clouds I"m seeing in review videos. Is it going to blow up in my hand and kill me?

I have a bunch of mechanical mod clones. Something definitely doesn't sit right with me about vaping very high watts on a clone board, but that's just me.

If you gonna do it, do your research and buy directly from the site that you have heard good things about.

Don't just go buying any Cana you see.

As far as atomizers go, clone away.

wire gauge is all about your desired resistance, your desired wattage, and what type of build you're after

theres benefits to each gauge but it has a lot to do with what device its going at and what you plan on firing it at (in regards to wattage)

most people think im crazy for running single coil builds at 60 watts but when they try the vape, they either say it's too warm or they absolutely love it. warm vape is all about air to vapor ratio.

im partial to 26 gauge with .8 flat ribbon

as far as clones go, know what to look for. i would personally rather deal with a random clone of a chip that has protection than a random clone of a mod with no protection. just saying

Hahaha trust me, I know. My ss zenith didn't look as mismatched as this. Are there any other copper mods with a shiny ss outside?

i would just love to see them matched is all. they make plume veils that are brushed or you could find a buddy with some tools and do it yourself. im a big fan of the X, i just don't care for unregulated vapes. i can tell with a high degree when my battery falls under 3.9 volts and my vape starts to drop off. using a provari for a time got me into that "same vape" mentality. i just took it a few levels past that

Ecto311

Anyone interested in a Kanger Protank mini 2, 3, a 600mah pink battery, 900mah black battery both with passthrough charging?

Got these about 2 months ago and used them for a month solid me and my wife. Both in great condition. We both stopped and now I just have this stuff hanging out in a drawer. I also bought a pack of coils and redid some of them with the wire. I would include all that and the spool of wire for $50 shipped in the states? I spent over $100 on it all. No liquid or anything included or in any of the tanks. PM if interested. Sold tons on here and good feedback in the BST thread.

Just make sure its a Cloupor v3 with a matte finish and a smaller 510. They're really not meant for blowing big clouds though, you'll want at least 45 watts like a Sigelei or iPV.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Okay I mixed in some juice that has pg in it along with my 100% vg juice i was using in my Nautilus mini and it's definitely vaping better. I can put the air hole wide open now without any problems and I get bigger clouds, can use a higher voltage, and taste is better and less harsh/burnt.

With 100% vg I was getting a slight hint of the burnt taste that I get from my Aspire BDC if I take more than one hit ever 10 minutes (probably due to a bad coil). I opened up some Aspire BDC coils to see if I could see anything weird, but I'm not 100% sure what causes a coil to be bad. One of them had leads from one coil touching leads from the 2nd coil, and one of them had separated leads. But on the one with separated leads, on the part of the coil that was wound around the wick, some of the spiralling parts were hitting adjacent spiral parts as they wound around.

I'm pretty sure the two coils should be separated, but is it okay if different parts of the same coil touch? I could imagine this leading to a heat feedback loop where part of the coil becomes way too hot, but I also don't know what the fuck I'm talking about ever.

Chopper

Powow sauce by Manabush... goddamn, might be my favourite juice of all time. Supposed to be a sweet caramel/custard with a tobacco base... tastes like sticky toffee pudding with custard to me. I've read a few people say it's the UK's equivalent to Boba's Bounty. I haven't tried BB, but regardless this is a stunning juice.
My Powow arrived and it's....not quite as good as I was hoping. It's very similar to Chef's Vapour's Hawaian Pud, which I used to vape until I went off sweeter juices. I'm happy to keep a bottle of it around, but I dived in at 30mls, so have 20mls spare if you want them!

In other news, I picked up a Turtle Ship clone for about £15. Super cheap, and super cool looking in steel and brass. The fire button is a glorious improvement over the Stingray clone I've been using lately. The connector pin was a tad too long to comfortably house an 18350 battery so that everything sat flush, but I managed to shave a millimetre or so off of it, and now this thing looks and works brilliantly. Behold.

q3x7EqI.jpg

Edit: I have no idea why that picture is on its side.

My Powow arrived and it's....not quite as good as I was hoping. It's very similar to Chef's Vapour's Hawaian Pud, which I used to vape until I went off sweeter juices. I'm happy to keep a bottle of it around, but I dived in at 30mls, so have 20mls spare if you want them!

I'm a fan of Chef's Vapours, but I haven't tried Hawaian Pud. Shame you didn't like it as much as you'd hoped, it's the first thing to get me off Bread of Heaven in a couple of months. I'll take the 20mls off your hands if you don't want it, thanks. I don't have much to trade back aside from a Coconut juice I really didn't like in my Zamplebox you're welcome to try, else I can paypal you whatever you thinks fair.

For those of you who are also on the Attack of the Clones group buy on Facebook.... What a bunch of whiny fucking bitches the leaders turned into. Recently all they are doing is bitching and complaining about stuff and acting like assholes. And today's message from Tim is a gem, "Anyone reporting our buys as counterfeits will be banned... Remember, we have dummy accounts, we will follow you around to what groups you join and tell them to ban you also."

Really?

Rizific

im a member and have no problem with the group. if people are reporting shipments, then everyone that participated in that group buy gets shafted. then you have those that bump threads after a runner has said specifically when to expect an update. id get tired of all the idiots in that group too. after my first group buy, it became clear to me that id me waiting at least a month+ for anything to come in. at this point though, i think im done with the group buys. im finding that the same clones are becoming available from US sellers around the same time/earlier at better prices. an i wont have to wait a month+ to get them.

im a member and have no problem with the group. if people are reporting shipments, then everyone that participated in that group buy gets shafted. then you have those that bump threads after a runner has said specifically when to expect an update. id get tired of all the idiots in that group too. after my first group buy, it became clear to me that id me waiting at least a month+ for anything to come in. at this point though, i think im done with the group buys. im finding that the same clones are becoming available from US sellers around the same time/earlier at better prices. an i wont have to wait a month+ to get them.

Any organized community (group buy, forums, video game clan, etc.) needs modding. Its the way they go about doing it is my problem. They act like fucking assholes.

I agree, when I see a group buy come, first I check ebay or a few other us sellers to see if I can get it for a comparable price faster.

Pete Rock

I bailed on those groups (clones, vape lounges, etc) because my participation hinged on a kind of neurotic desire to be exposed to all these new devices, juices, etc.

Since I have found a bulletproof setup that works and makes me happy all of the time, i have no interest in constantly being exposed to what is popular to the point of getting cloned/ripped-off/duplicated.

I have 2 other mechs (k100/chi-you + kicks) aside from my ProVari and I have never put any appreciable amount of time into them to the point at which their purchase, even at cheap clone prices, was basically pointless and a net negative.

I will be excited and interested in new gear when someone invents a quantum leap, like a self cleaning ceramic heating element that doubles as a super-wicking material that never needs replacement, only dry burns now and then. A serious game changer or something along those lines.

I've settled on an Aspire Mini BVC, and my trusty old IGO-L. Today is my year anniversary of being quit.

The Mini with BVC coils is turning out to be a reliable tank, it dethroned my old Aspire ET-S. The BVC coils have been very consistent.

dream

I just grabbed one of those Sigelei 50 watt box mods. It can be kinda wonky (it misread my Nautilus coil's resistance and fired at, like, 8 volts, scaring the shit out of me), but I can't get over how small this thing is. It's smaller than an MVP!

Chopper

I dropped my Provari down the stairs the other night, and damaged it. It still works, but the top is slightly bent out of shape, and it doesn't look "straight" any more with a tank on the top. I've had it well over a year now, and I love it to death, but there's no denying it's looking a little rough around the edges.

Meanwhile, one of my customers has just bought a Vaporshark DNA30, and I am jealous as fuck. I never considered getting a box mod before, cos I find them to be ugly as sin. Or at least, not nearly as discreet or sexy as tube mods. But this thing, man. It's tiny!

So I've done my research, and watched some vids and I have decided I am definitely in the market for such a device.

Thing is, I'm torn between the DNA and the rDNA. The DNA is tiny, beautiful and everything I would want with a mod. But the rDNA is future-proofed with a replaceable battery, though is slightly bigger. Maybe too big. I know that Vaporshark offer a battery replacement service for the smaller model, but I don't know how that would work from the UK. It might be a massive ball-ache.

Does anyone here have any experience with the rDNA?

Edit: I've just read that it takes 1000 charges to reduce the DNA's battery performance to 80%. I think I've just made up my mind.

Edit: I pulled the trigger on the smaller model. I'm pretty excited. In gun metal grey. I'll probably get a skin for it for protection, but all the colours are hideous except black, and that's out of stock everywhere here. I also picked up a new Aerotank to compliment it. My Mega is a little too big on it for my liking, and I fucking hate the look of the Nautilus.

Also, I just today heard about NatureVapes DCD Pro Coils, which fit Aerotanks but are apparently faaaaar superior to the Kanger heads. Gotta wait til tomorrow night for stock, but I can't wait to try them out.

And speaking of Aerotanks, have you guys seen the Turbo?! Decadent.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Welcome. Sorry about your bad experience last year... lets get it right this time.

- That battery you have above is PERFECT.

- You will notice a difference with any different thing you screw onto it. The Aerotank Mini is a great device. Stay away from the ProTank II.
--- The other new kid on the block that is getting RAVE reviews is the ASPIRE NAUTILUS MINI. So you may want to get that instead of the Aerotank Mini.

- I dont know about the Hash oil.

- You can get juice in zero nicotine and smoke it like a hookah (where you take it right into your lungs as you breath in.)

Thanks for all the advice guys.
Decided to go with a aspire batteries (one 1000, the other 1300), both work great, but the 1000 looks better especially with the Nautilus Mini. Fantastic recommendation on the Nautilus Mini, it's so cool adjusting the amount of smoke.
Also got a couple of Aspire BBC Glassomizers which are cheap, and convenient, but obviously not nearly as good.
Got all the equipment from WorldofVape as it was so much cheaper than everywhere else I checked.

Have been getting our liquids from The Vapor Room. Love the waffle flavor, Wife loves pumpkin spice. Just got RY4, interesting taste, still forming an opinion.

Reason I decided to go for the electronic cigarettes is that my wife was just diagnosed with a serious lung condition, and she was having trouble quitting, especially with me still smoking almost a pack a day. I'm happy to say that she's had 1 cigarette since we switched (and is now on 0mg liquid), and I just have 1 cigarette a day with my morning coffee. :)

Massive success.

Rizific

These stingrays look awesome, but where can I buy them prebuilt? - I know jack all about building my own.

if you are talking about building coils for atomizers that you put onto the stingray, your local vape shop could take care of that for you for a small fee. if you get into rebuildable atomizers, i strongly suggest you take some time to learn how to build some coils on your own. it isnt difficult, but knowing how to build will help you get to what you want out of your vape experience.

Gaf, I'm an E-Cig noob.

I just bought the Aspire Nautilus Mini and a Vision Spinner II (only because it was matte black).

I haven't had it long enough to give an informed opinion, but it seems to give a really good throat hit. Being able to restrict the airflow makes it similar to taking a drag from a real cig.

They told me not to use it on the 4.8v level. Do you know why that would be? Does it ruin the coil faster? Or just drain the battery quicker?

I also got some kind of "wizard" juice (their popular seller) and it is delicious. Although, 22mg is too high to start out. I think I need to go down to 18.

How did I do?

Gaf, I'm an E-Cig noob.

I just bought the Aspire Nautilus Mini and a Vision Spinner II (only because it was matte black).

I haven't had it long enough to give an informed opinion, but it seems to give a really good throat hit. Being able to restrict the airflow makes it similar to taking a drag from a real cig.

They told me not to use it on the 4.8v level. Do you know why that would be? Does it ruin the coil faster? Or just drain the battery quicker?

I also got some kind of "wizard" juice (their popular seller) and it is delicious. Although, 22mg is too high to start out. I think I need to go down to 18.

How did I do?

You did very well, got yourself a very nice setup there.

4.8v won't ruin the coil.

How many "ohms" is your nautilus mini?

If its lower than 2.0ohms than 4.8v is usually overkill. But I have stuff that is around 2.0ohms or higher and I crank that bitch at 4.8v all the time.

dream

All of my Nautilus coils (the BVCs) have been 2 ohms. I fire them at about 4.6-4.8 volts constantly, and they perform brilliantly.

Top Bottom