• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

Rizific

For anyone that has been to any conventions, What kind of discounts over B&M prices can I expect (if any) on mods? I know people come away with loads of free juice, but what about mods/attys? Will be going to vapecon oct31-nov2

I purchased the sigelei 100w device and have been running it between 70 - 85 watts. i take full advantage of that range

if you aren't aware of the DNA 40, check out the temperature control. its a game changer

daw840

Just ordered the IPV2S and a Big Dripper clone. Hopefully this will satisfy my new shiny thing need and quit smoking these damn cigs again....

I tried to switch back to my Stingray the other day and I think that thing is shot. Auto fired in my pocket with the locking ring down somehow. The button is completely off center and I've taken it apart many time to try and fix it, still no luck. Almost burned the shit out of my leg too...lol

dream

Which Big Dripper clone did you get? I've been wanting to grab one too, but I saw that some of the early models have wonky airflow.

Chopper

I purchased the sigelei 100w device and have been running it between 70 - 85 watts. i take full advantage of that range

if you aren't aware of the DNA 40, check out the temperature control. its a game changer
What atomizer are you using? What ohmage? What's the benefit of running so many watts?

What atomizer are you using? What ohmage? What's the benefit of running so many watts?

any dripper will suffice really, but Ive been running the big block 454 on mine. I needed more than 65 watts to run my specific builds in dual coil mode. 65 watts really wasn't enough

its about using the right gauge wire for you power. obviously 28 or 30 gauge would be ridiculous at that power level. i did show this device to some people that are used to vaping anywhere near that wattage and they were surprised it was much better than they anticipated.

instead of pressing a button for 3+ seconds to get your desired vape it's more like 1 second. intense flavor but not overly hot as I have enough air flow on my coils

Rizific

i want to start messing with flat ribbon kanthal. i usually build with 24g, any recommendations on which size ribbon to get?

Chopper

Aight, just ordered a Vapor Flask v2 DNA40.

Let y'all know how it fairs.

(I need to offload some mods now, oh lord)
Holy shit. That's awesome man. I'm gonna need pics.

any dripper will suffice really, but Ive been running the big block 454 on mine. I needed more than 65 watts to run my specific builds in dual coil mode. 65 watts really wasn't enough

its about using the right gauge wire for you power. obviously 28 or 30 gauge would be ridiculous at that power level. i did show this device to some people that are used to vaping anywhere near that wattage and they were surprised it was much better than they anticipated.

instead of pressing a button for 3+ seconds to get your desired vape it's more like 1 second. intense flavor but not overly hot as I have enough air flow on my coils
You're gonna have to talk me through this. Are you using coathangers for heating elements?!

26 gauge twisted with .8 flat ribbon for a tiger coil. best coil I've found in terms of surface area and time required to make the actual wire you use to wrap. very easy to wrap as well

in order to heat 7 wraps on a 5/64th drill bit and have it readily respond to firing you need a good 50w. having a device with a higher wattage/amp limit allows me to run dual coil mode finally

as long as you have sufficient air flow, the vape won't be overly hot. i prefer a dense warm, moist vape. this specific setup has that in spades

Chopper

26 gauge twisted with .8 flat ribbon for a tiger coil. best coil I've found in terms of surface area and time required to make the actual wire you use to wrap. very easy to wrap as well

in order to heat 7 wraps on a 5/64th drill bit and have it readily respond to firing you need a good 50w. having a device with a higher wattage/amp limit allows me to run dual coil mode finally

as long as you have sufficient air flow, the vape won't be overly hot. i prefer a dense warm, moist vape. this specific setup has that in spades
Interesting. But isn't it all proportionate? Couldn't you just run a low resistance coil at a lower wattage and get the same result? Genuine question.

I'd love to see a picture of what you're talking about.

Any cigarette sized E-cigs out there? But not the store bought things, those suck. But actual e-cigs with tanks and everything. Just small like a cigarette?

daw840

Any cigarette sized E-cigs out there? But not the store bought things, those suck. But actual e-cigs with tanks and everything. Just small like a cigarette?
Nothing of quality is goin to be that small. The best you could go with is an ego style battery with a clearomizer. You can get the 650mah batteries that are pretty short but will still be fatter than a cig.

DaFish

Nothing of quality is goin to be that small. The best you could go with is an ego style battery with a clearomizer. You can get the 650mah batteries that are pretty short but will still be fatter than a cig.
Actually the joytech eroll is not bad at all, if you are stuck on having to have a cig sized ecig.

The eRoll is nice.

But I prefered an Joye 510 battery with a Boge or CE3 Carto over the eRoll. Better performance and not restricted to the proprietary eRoll connection.

Interesting. But isn't it all proportionate? Couldn't you just run a low resistance coil at a lower wattage and get the same result? Genuine question.

I'd love to see a picture of what you're talking about.

Well, no. I mean considering a good vape is subjective, having this amount of surface area with coil you couldn't have it respond like you could a higher gauge wire at a lower wattage and get this type of vapor and flavor. I'm a flavor chaser, not really a cloud chaser.

I could try to post a picture of a wrapped coil tonight if you'd like but I'm not sure how much that would illustrate what I'm getting at.

I'm not necessarily saying everyone should vape like me, not exactly. When I say I'm Vaping at 80w it isn't really what you would picture 80w as. Its a ton of vapor and flavor, that's for sure, but it won't melt your face off either.

So I've always had a bit of an oral fixation that I think I learned from watching my chain smoking father as a kid, even though I've never smoked, can't even get near the stuff without gagging (probably half mental, half physical). I even hold my pen like some would hold a ciggarette, between my index and middle finger. So I've been thinking about trying a nic free e-cig, since I don't smoke no I don't really see a reason to use the nicotine. Does anyone have any reccomendations for at least somewhat cheap cig-a-likes that I can put nic free fluid into? I would just try one of those disposable Blus or N-Joys from a convenience store, but they only seem to have tobacco flavours and come with higher amounts of nicotine (I think Blu was 24 mg when I finally found it), and I've heard their a bit overpriced. Personally I'm not really interested in getting one of those big fancy ones with a hookah-ish tip.

I know that you sort of just answered a question like this, but I don't even know what exactly I'd be looking for, if I'd have to use special fluid for a smaller one or something. It's less the length I'm concerned about so much as the thickness, but I guess it's going to be somewhat thicker regardless? Also, on the AwesomeVapor site you linked, there seems to be a couple 280 mAh batteries, would there be any downside to using something with an amperage that low? Or would battery line be the only thing. Seeing as I'm not even sure if I'd want to stick with it, the cheaper, lower amp battery look kind of appealing.

dream

So I got bored and did a .6 ohm dual coil build on my Magma, which I hit at 35 watts. Holy shit, how is this enjoyable?

I do see what you mean though, EsotericManiac, in that I'm getting insane vapor production off of, like, 1 second. I can't even imagine what it would be like with the extra 35-40 watts you're using.

So I got bored and did a .6 ohm dual coil build on my Magma, which I hit at 35 watts. Holy shit, how is this enjoyable?

I do see what you mean though, EsotericManiac, in that I'm getting insane vapor production off of, like, 1 second. I can't even imagine what it would be like with the extra 35-40 watts you're using.

again, it depends on your build. what type of coil were you running in your magma? i like the air flow on the magma, but that thing is just a giant hunk of metal. really terrible at dissipating heat. wouldn't be an ideal atty for high wattage

broz0rs

Whenever I see people smoking an e-cig, they take these massive fucking drags. It's as if they were ripping a bong hit. Why is it smoked this way? Are people trying to ingest as much nicotine as possible?

dream

again, it depends on your build. what type of coil were you running in your magma? i like the air flow on the magma, but that thing is just a giant hunk of metal. really terrible at dissipating heat. wouldn't be an ideal atty for high wattage

Oh god, tell me about it. It basically turned my mod (Sigelei 50w) into a heatsink. I'm just using 28 gauge microcoils. Maybe I'll grab a Plume Veil and try this again, but realistically, I think I have simple tastes, and I'm more than happy with my Kayfun at 15 watts.

Rizific

Whenever I see people smoking an e-cig, they take these massive fucking drags. It's as if they were ripping a bong hit. Why is it smoked this way? Are people trying to ingest as much nicotine as possible?

everyone has their preference. for me, it takes a bigger hit off of my ecig to get the same amount of throat hit that the analogs that i used to smoke would give me. which would explain why it took me switching from a pen style ecig with a clearomizer to a mech mod and dripper atomizer with lots of airflow and subohm builds to completely get off of the analogs. plus i enjoy the clouds. it took me a while to find my sweet spot and to really figure out what i want. but thats the beauty of it, there are enough options out there to satisfy just about everyone.

Broseybrose

Oh god, tell me about it. It basically turned my mod (Sigelei 50w) into a heatsink. I'm just using 28 gauge microcoils. Maybe I'll grab a Plume Veil and try this again, but realistically, I think I have simple tastes, and I'm more than happy with my Kayfun at 15 watts.

15W is my sweet spot too, for my self-built attys.

Clockwork5

Just picked up the Vision Spinner 2 at my neighborhood vape shop. Seems to be a pretty good battery. Packed in an aspire clearomizer too! This is a huge step up from the cheap battery i picked up from the gas station a couple months ago. Im down to 1 or 2 cigarettes a day so I am hoping, with a decent battery, I can cut smoking out all togeather!

DaFish

Flask has landed.

Still waiting on the proper wire so I can test out the Temp Control.

VF1.jpg

VF2.jpg

nothing wrong with that

plume veil is good for flavor and vapor. if you want good flavor, check out the veritas or the big block 454

I'm visiting Salem, Massachusetts for Halloween shenanigans.

Stumbled upon a vapor shop and popped in to find they have a dooooooope juice selection. I picked up some kings crown, cosmic fog, and space jam.... Then dude tells me it's buy 3 get 1 free. Well fuck. Another cosmic fog for free. Great price also.

Vapor Outlet. Salem, Massachusetts.

won a cloud competition last saturday and my brother got second. won $200 of store credit.

still had a bottle left of cereal killa, so i picked up 120 mL of scratches from 9 lives, a bottle of vaping rabbit's white rabbit, a bottle of king of clouds tempest tides, and a bottle of tinsel butt from 9 lives

210 ml of juice and i still have $100 of credit left

DaFish

won a cloud competition last saturday and my brother got second. won $200 of store credit.

still had a bottle left of cereal killa, so i picked up 120 mL of scratches from 9 lives, a bottle of vaping rabbit's white rabbit, a bottle of king of clouds tempest tides, and a bottle of tinsel butt from 9 lives

210 ml of juice and i still have $100 of credit left

sweet dude, what mod/atty?

Rizific

they didnt lock the cloud comp to mech mods only? hax. grats on the win. spent some time trying to build on this veritas clone...fuck this shit. too difficult for me to get a nice build on. wasnt even impressed with it once i did get a build in there. meh

they didnt lock the cloud comp to mech mods only? hax. grats on the win. spent some time trying to build on this veritas clone...fuck this shit. too difficult for me to get a nice build on. wasnt even impressed with it once i did get a build in there. meh

the flavor is very good once you lock it in. thing can hold like 20 hits before redripping. post a pic of your coil. i have one. im sure i can help you out with the build

they had a separate category for regulated mods. had some raptors, 150 IPVs and a few sigelei 100s among some of the competitors

Pete Rock

Love to see vapeGAF going hard, that eLeaf looks pretty sick but I gotta hold out ~

New juices that I scooped at TruVape on my last trip:

Flavies Brew - entire lineup of five juices. It was explained to me that these are designed by Koreans and manufactured in socal. They remind me of Adic's Burn in the sense that all of the flavors are very unique and amazing: strawberry & yogurt, japanese plum & cider, aloe gel, white peach & yogurt, lemon/citrus & tea.

Captain Rogers - Shipwreck / Guava & Custard - on fiiiiiire

Blue Label Elixers - Breezy / watermelon, cucumber and a hint of mint. I really don't like menthol flavors and this doesn't really taste like one very much, but that small amount just screams FRESH on every hit when combined with the cucumber. Breezy is the perfect name.

Daddy's / Strawberry Kiwi Custard - yuhhhh pretty fantastic

It's Good - Karl Melona / Honeydew, melon, cream. I like this more than Hoops from Alpha Vapes which is the only similar "melon" oriented flavor I have tried. A+++

Something Good / Strawberry Pomegranate - ughhhhh delicious and not too sweet or candy tasting, just right.

Omega Vape - all of these are ace, which I expected as a huge fan of Alpha, but I limited myself to Chronos which is Vanilla & Marshmallow. I like this a lot better than my previous favorite Marshmallow flavor which was Pillow Dreams from VV. The extra kick from the vanilla really rounds it out nicely.

A third round of all the Adic's Burn flavors except for the two iterations with menthol. Ughhh these are so good. Can't wait to load up Green Mango aka GREEN CRACK. Sagot Gulaman & Ube Halaya are easily two of my favorite vapes of all time in the dessert category. Sooooo amazing, already ran through the 20mls I brought back. Daaaaaamn.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Cool thread. I've become an avid user of the pax ploom in the last two months.

I've actually been hanging out with someone whos a super heavy cigarette smoker the last week or so and kinda want to hint that it sucks so I want to buy her some ecigarettes. I know of blu and enjoi or whatever.. any recommendations?

kick51

Banned
I've been using a single coil, should I switch to dual? I guess I'm asking if it's objectively better.

I use an EVOD clearomizer, which I like, but uses some fairly janky atomizers. If I hit it upright, after a few hits it always gurgles and leaks in the battery head . So I have to tilt it up (like drinking out of a can) when I hit it, which works fine, but I'd like to not have to think about it and that looks dumb in public. Would dual coil solve this?

Pete Rock

Aspire is everywhere lately and rightly so, their really small bdccs produce great vapor as do the Nautilus and Mini. Bought my buddy a full size recently, hits the best out of any off the shelf replaceable tank I've ever tried but it is a little fragile and huge. Last time I got another buddy a starter kit they came with an ego c-twist and an aspire maxi bdcc and it's a great combination because it's really small and easy to put in your purse or shirt pocket or whatever. Don't ever have to "tip" with it and I've never seen them leak.

Wallach

Just put in a pre-order today for the VaporShark rDNA (40D version). Been thinking about upgrading from my MVP2 for a while now, and the previous rDNA was at the top of my list for the past few months.

I need a good rebuildable to go on top of this thing. I'm not sure yet whether I want to go with a regular RDA or something like the Russian; I'm a mouth-to-lung kind of vaper and I generally don't prefer open/airy draws. Right now I'm looking at either the Magma or the Russian V2.

Any recommendations for rebuildables in general would be appreciated. I'll probably only run single coil setups so it doesn't need to have a dual/quad deck setup.

Top Bottom