• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official E-Cigarette Thread Of F#ck Analog Cigarettes

I just got a panzer 18650 mod. I love it so long analog cigarettes!

It's much better than the shitty blu ecigs, and I love walking around with a lightsaber handle in my pocket!

Thanks, vapegaf!

Wondering if anyone can help. I just purchased the istick and the Aspire Nautilus Mini for a begginer start up. I was looking to buy some more BVC coils and noticed I had a choice of 1.6 or 1.8 ohm. Which should I choose and why? Also besides juice is there anything else i need? Thanks in advance.

Either or would be fine. not much of a difference between the two.

You are good to go with everything you have

daw840

hmm i may have to bite on the Atlantis

i'm kind of wary as the last two Nautilises I got were defective, and i've gotten bunk coils from them from time to time. I looked it up though it seems i'm the only one with this problem
The Atlantis is so much better than the nautilus it's not even funny. Pull the trigger!

Though I would caution against running at 120 volts...

daw840

Holy fucking shit....the hype train I'm riding is firmly on the rails. Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey in the Atlantis maybe the closest thing to nirvana that I can experience on this earth.

hmm i may have to bite on the Atlantis

i'm kind of wary as the last two Nautilises I got were defective, and i've gotten bunk coils from them from time to time. I looked it up though it seems i'm the only one with this problem
I'm currently having this problem. All my juices taste like a hint of the intended flavor mixed with shit. I've tried everything. I put in a new coil when I bought the iStick and it was amazing. So I thought my mvp was bad but now I'm on a run of 3 terribly tasting coils.

Does E Juice lose flavor/go bad if it's been left in freezing weather?

if you think the atlantis is good...

you have to try out the aqua v2 with some of my crazy twisted 30 gauge coils, then wrap with .6 x .07 flat wire.

ive gone through so much juice in this thing so quickly and that's taking under consideration my new erlkonigin tank, the lancia rda, and my n22 rda

Holy fucking shit....the hype train I'm riding is firmly on the rails. Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey in the Atlantis maybe the closest thing to nirvana that I can experience on this earth.

I just got Nutz from Cosmic Fog yesterday. Taste very similar to Milk and Honey but with a hint of strawberry and almonds. Very good.

Chopper

How much nicotine you got in there? I have a load at 12mg, but fear it might be a bit harsh...

120v

I'm currently having this problem. All my juices taste like a hint of the intended flavor mixed with shit. I've tried everything. I put in a new coil when I bought the iStick and it was amazing. So I thought my mvp was bad but now I'm on a run of 3 terribly tasting coils.

Does E Juice lose flavor/go bad if it's been left in freezing weather?

are you starting at a high wattage? i usually need to "break in" my coils by starting low for the first several hits then gradually go up, especially if they aren't sub ohm coils. also i drop a tiny smidgeon of juice into where a fresh coil directly screws into as to let it cool a bit

problem i've had with some aspire coils is they simply didn't work at all. it's rare, but it's happened

are you starting at a high wattage? i usually need to "break in" my coils by starting low for the first several hits then gradually go up, especially if they aren't sub ohm coils. also i drop a tiny smidgeon of juice into where a fresh coil directly screws into as to let it cool a bit

problem i've had with some aspire coils is they simply didn't work at all. it's rare, but it's happened

Yeah. I start out low and work up. It seems I can only taste cinnamon juices so I may have lost the ability to taste anything else. lol

Finally ordered some juices:

Five Pawns Gambit
Cloud 8 Bannana Kick
Cosmic Fog Milk n Honey
ITCVapes Spoon Licker OG
ITCVapes Spoon Licker V2

Should be set to go for a bit. Super excited to kick analog's outta my life :)

Tuvoc

So I won a Dark Horse atty at my local Brick n Mortar vape shop's Small Business Saturday raffle. I didn't wanna waste it by putting it on my iStick, so I bought a Panzer clone for it. I also picked up an ohm reader and some 24g wire for building. I still don't quite know what I'm doing so it'll probably be awhile before I'm able to build something decent. I don't wanna rush and blow my face/hand off or something.

Does anybody recommend any decent Youtube coil building tutorials? Preferably one that isn't going to bore me to tears.

Joe

What are currently the best (or really good) 18650 batteries I can get? I've never had to buy batteries before

Wallach

I don't think anybody cares, but I felt like posting my story thus far - maybe it encourages people or something:

I was a heavy smoker for pretty much 20 years. Tried my first cigarette when I was 13 or something, really started with 15, smoked up to three packs a day in the end. I mean, it wasn't just an addiction or anything. Even when I was smoking 60 cigarettes a day, I wanted tasty tobacco. I actually enjoyed smoking - a lot. I'm generally very interested in biology and toxicology, so I knew very well what's in there and how bad it is, but I liked it, so I never felt like quitting.

Roughly two weeks ago, I started looking into e-cigarettes for whatever reason. I guess I didn't care previously because I believed e-cigarettes were something like nicotine gum, a method to quit first and foremost - but roughly two weeks ago, the highest German court ruled that they weren't. They said e-cigarettes were essentially "luxury food". So I thought: Well, if people actually use those things because they're tasty, I probably should give it a shot. So I've ordered a cheap one, one that looks like a real cigarette, to give it a spin. Got it last Monday, and it tasted like ass, but I thought the idea was great - if only the taste was a bit (actually a lot) better. So I've ordered a real one. A Joyetech eGrip, with a bunch of liquids to taste test. Got the stuff last Wednesday - and haven't touched a real cigarette since. No urges whatsoever. In fact, I don't think I could go back. Some of the liquids I've bought are just plain terrible, but some are absolutely amazing. And to my surprise, I actually love liquids that taste nothing like tobacco. Peaches and cream for example, stuff I've only ordered for shits and giggles. I don't even like real peaches, but I absolutely love that liquid.

So yeah - if you're reading this and are on the fence: Give it a shot. It's not just a substitute or an alternative, it's something else. Something better. Something that renders real cigarettes obsolete.

Like Pristine_Condition said, even though this thread gets into the sort of hobbyist discussion a lot, I feel like nearly everyone here feels pretty strongly about the main point of all this being getting people cigarettes.

Your experience is similar to most of us who were long-time smokers, I think. The part about getting away from tobacco flavors quickly in particular, especially today where even the very inexpensive setups are so effective and the liquids have come so much further than only a year or two ago. Once you start satisfying the nicotine cravings with flavors that are actually really enjoyable (both in flavor and scent), you quickly realize how much you rationalize enjoying the flavor of cigarettes because it is linked to the aspects of smoking that are satisfying & enjoyable. It really feels like a breakthrough moment when everything clicks, and the temptation to ever pick up another cigarette just kind of evaporates (pun intended).

see5harp

Wondering if anyone can help. I just purchased the istick and the Aspire Nautilus Mini for a begginer start up. I was looking to buy some more BVC coils and noticed I had a choice of 1.6 or 1.8 ohm. Which should I choose and why? Also besides juice is there anything else i need? Thanks in advance.

Exactly what I'm using. Let us know how it goes. I've been doing better as of late. To be honest the first week was tough.

Wallach

I switched my first coil out in my Atlantis to try out Samba Sun. I really like Dragonscape and absolutely recommend that one, but I kept smelling the Samba Sun in the bottle because it smells so good so I wanted to go through a tank.

I'm not sure I like it as much as Dragonscape; I'm not as big into fruit vapes, but orange is my favorite of the ones I do like (Queenside was my favorite from Five Pawns). This is about as good as I've tasted in that regard - the orange, apricot and marshmallow are all distinctly present, with the marshmallow in the back only taking some of the citrus bite out of the orange. Not heavy enough that it tastes like an orange cream. It comes off very smooth and light, a lot like an orange/apricot iced tea. Not something I would ever make an ADV out of - I like something with a pretty decent throat hit/bite to it for that - but I'm kind of surprised how refreshing it is. The aftertaste is so clean it really does almost seem like a beverage. I'd try it if that sounds like your bag.

see5harp

What are the fruity juices that people are high on? I feel like I went the savory sorta creamy route with most of my stuff and I'm sorta craving something that isn't so complex for regular use. To give you an idea I have gambit and grandmaster which I both enjoy and I also sorta dig mothers milk. I think I want something like straight up energy drink or lemonade. Something in your face just so I have an idea.

Joe

Strawberry kiwi from Mt Baker Vapor has been my all day vape for almost 3 months now. It's fantastic. If you want to try it I suggest either 50/50 with 3 flavor shots or 65/35 with 2 flavor shots.

Where from?

You have to be really careful of fakes.
Reputable eBay seller "captainvapor". $28 for two.

Pete Rock

What are the fruity juices that people are high on? I feel like I went the savory sorta creamy route with most of my stuff and I'm sorta craving something that isn't so complex for regular use. To give you an idea I have gambit and grandmaster which I both enjoy and I also sorta dig mothers milk. I think I want something like straight up energy drink or lemonade. Something in your face just so I have an idea.
In my opinion Alpha Vapes are the best punch you in the face sweet fruitiness around. In particular Manchu is like a Mango Hi-Chew and it tastes like you are inhaling the candy. But it is not a sickening saccharine type of sweetness like some fruity juices tend to exhibit. Personally I think The Dude is my favorite from them, it is a really heavy sweet peach flavor that finishes with an even sweeter pineapple note.

Although I will also say that Custard + a fruit flavor has been surprisingly awesome. Blue Label Elixer has a flavor called Daddy's that is Custard on the inhale and strawberry kiwi on the exhale. So the sharp tangy note of the custard rolls right into the sweetness of the fruit flavors. It is surprisingly amazing. Another one that is similar is Captain Rogers Shipwreck which is Custard and Guava.

see5harp

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yea, I figure the reason there are so many fruit plus cream or custard juices because they tend to work well. Def interested in a few of your suggestions. I really only knew the big names. Where do you guys buy the juices from?

Looking for 100% FG juice recommendations. Currently I'm exclusively vaping Mt. Shasta Frost and Fruit Cup from Velvet Cloud. Haven't found anything else of theirs I like, including their custard-ish flavors which is something I often enjoyed back when I was still using juice with PG.

What's the latest 100VG hotness?

see5harp

In my opinion Alpha Vapes are the best punch you in the face sweet fruitiness around. In particular Manchu is like a Mango Hi-Chew and it tastes like you are inhaling the candy. But it is not a sickening saccharine type of sweetness like some fruity juices tend to exhibit. Personally I think The Dude is my favorite from them, it is a really heavy sweet peach flavor that finishes with an even sweeter pineapple note.

Although I will also say that Custard + a fruit flavor has been surprisingly awesome. Blue Label Elixer has a flavor called Daddy's that is Custard on the inhale and strawberry kiwi on the exhale. So the sharp tangy note of the custard rolls right into the sweetness of the fruit flavors. It is surprisingly amazing. Another one that is similar is Captain Rogers Shipwreck which is Custard and Guava.

Okay checked out the whole line of Alpha stuff. A lot sounds good. Actually I was in a brick and mortar and a ton of the people were all talking about Mr. Miyagi. I think I might just grab 30 ml bottles of that, Manchu and The Dude. Jesus. Kinda expensive.

Pete Rock

Okay checked out the whole line of Alpha stuff. A lot sounds good. Actually I was in a brick and mortar and a ton of the people were all talking about Mr. Miyagi. I think I might just grab 30 ml bottles of that, Manchu and The Dude. Jesus. Kinda expensive.
Yeah I forgot to mention Miyagi it is definitely my second favorite. Papaya and Plum? Holy fuck yes plz! Although it is really hard to put them in order of rank... I tried them for the first time last October when I was out in Vegas and I literally bought a 30ml of every flavor because I could not decide which one I did not want. Now that my local B&M has them in stock, I don't need to buy hundreds of dollars worth at a time and truck them home with me!

I would say you can't go wrong with either of those three flavors, or all three. Manchu will definitely be the sweetest. It is so sweet that if I chain-vape it I get that same kind of pinching sensation in my sinuses as I would if I were to throw a handful of sour candy on my tongue.

They came out with a Sweet Tooth flavor which is Graham Cracker and Vanilla Ice Cream and it is pretty ridiculous. They also have a brother/sister brand called Omega Vape, but I have only tried "Chronos" from them which is easily the best pure marshmallow flavor I have ever tried. Much better than Virgin Vapors Pillow Dreams which was my go-to all summer long.

I think they go for ~$20-22.50 per 30ml so not quite as expensive as Five Pawns but up there for sure.

see5harp

Yeah I forgot to mention Miyagi it is definitely my second favorite. Papaya and Plum? Holy fuck yes plz! Although it is really hard to put them in order of rank... I tried them for the first time last October when I was out in Vegas and I literally bought a 30ml of every flavor because I could not decide which one I did not want. Now that my local B&M has them in stock, I don't need to buy hundreds of dollars worth at a time and truck them home with me!

I would say you can't go wrong with either of those three flavors, or all three. Manchu will definitely be the sweetest. It is so sweet that if I chain-vape it I get that same kind of pinching sensation in my sinuses as I would if I were to throw a handful of sour candy on my tongue.

They came out with a Sweet Tooth flavor which is Graham Cracker and Vanilla Ice Cream and it is pretty ridiculous. They also have a brother/sister brand called Omega Vape, but I have only tried "Chronos" from them which is easily the best pure marshmallow flavor I have ever tried. Much better than Virgin Vapors Pillow Dreams which was my go-to all summer long.

I think they go for ~$20-22.50 per 30ml so not quite as expensive as Five Pawns but up there for sure.

Yea, it's still way less than I was spending just buying a pack a day for years so it's no big deal. I can finally taste food like crazy again, which is scary. Just ate a grilled cheese sandwich with kim chee and korean short ribs and a whole order of tater tots. I could taste the rosemary.

Is there a specific place you order from? To be honest the brick and mortar places are cool because you can sit and try stuff but honestly they overcharge on tanks, batteries, etc. I'm gonna buy my sister a nautilus mini and ileaf for christmas.

Broseybrose

I can't get enough of VelvetCloud's Harvest Berry. Their Strawberry Guava is also equally delicious, but I prefer the Berry. Their juice is 100% organic and 100% VG.

Some great sounding flavors recommended,I think I should buy some "lighter" flavors as well because most of mine are dessert based,partially because I hope they will help curve my sweets cravings.

Yea, it's still way less than I was spending just buying a pack a day for years so it's no big deal. I can finally taste food like crazy again, which is scary. Just ate a grilled cheese sandwich with kim chee and korean short ribs and a whole order of tater tots. I could taste the rosemary.

Is there a specific place you order from? To be honest the brick and mortar places are cool because you can sit and try stuff but honestly they overcharge on tanks, batteries, etc. I'm gonna buy my sister a nautilus mini and ileaf for christmas.

This.Can't wait to taste my cooking again and food in general how its supposed to taste.. Apparently I've been over seasoning shit for a while now

What kind of coil life are you Atlantis users getting with thicker/darker/coil-busting liquids? Is it reasonable?

I'm starting to really consider the Atlantis after trying one at my local today.

Also got to finally try all the Five Pawns flavors today. That was some good stuff. Am surprised people don't talk about Fifth Rank more. I really thought it was the most unique juice in the line.

daw840

What kind of coil life are you Atlantis users getting with thicker/darker/coil-busting liquids? Is it reasonable?

I'm starting to really consider the Atlantis after trying one at my local today.

Also got to finally try all the Five Pawns flavors today. That was some good stuff. Am surprised people don't talk about Fifth Rank more. I really thought it was the most unique juice in the line.

Been on the same coil since 12/5 with no signs of slowing. Though I haven't been using real dark liquids...

Chopper

Been using mine with Boba's Bounty for weeks now, with no sign of let up. I'll report in when I start noticing a dip in performance. So far, so good!

Anton668

all my stuff came in and it was worth it! arigato peeps!

and all your talk of mothers milk made me break down and buy a bottle!

then whilst pursuing the flavors I came across this Claim Your Throne and now I kinda want that as well.

this is how it starts, doesnt it.... ;)

Tuvoc

all my stuff came in and it was worth it! arigato peeps!

and all your talk of mothers milk made me break down and buy a bottle!

then whilst pursuing the flavors I came across this Claim Your Throne and now I kinda want that as well.

this is how it starts, doesnt it.... ;)

Suicide Bunny's juices make great ADV's. I've been puffin on their O.B. for the last few days now. Before that I ran through a bottle of Mother's Milk in 3 days in my Nautilus tank.

Broseybrose

Suicide Bunny's juices make great ADV's. I've been puffin on their O.B. for the last few days now. Before that I ran through a bottle of Mother's Milk in 3 days in my Nautilus tank.

O.B. is so incredible. Its my current favorite. I also love Milk and Honey and The Gentleman's Reserve from steamco.

But yeah O.B.

I guess i should try Mother's Milk.

wsippel

Banned
Just managed to run both my e-cigs dry. The batteries, not the actual juice. So after three weeks or something, I tried a real cigarette. As a reminder, I was a very heavy smoker. Like, two to three packs a day were by no means impossible. Anyway, it smelled foul and tasted like complete ass. Reminded me of my very first cigarette, really - except I didn't really feel it in my lungs, because I vape rather heavy stuff. Never thought that would happen, but it was actually quite disgusting. One draw and I threw it away. So yeah, if anybody does scientific research on whether or not e-cigarettes are a way out: They absolutely are. Just not in a "I quit" way - it's really a "I found something better" thing. Because I still need something in my lungs, but real cigarettes won't do it anymore.

Anyway, I absolutely love Halcyon Haze now. Don't think the Americans around here know them, because they're a British company as far as I'm aware, but their stuff is really, really awesome. It tastes exactly like what it says on the box, which is remarkable in itself considering how elaborate their stuff is, but it's also surprisingly tasty.

EDIT: I'd also like to thank Husker, Pristine and Wallach for actually taking my last post serious. Yes, this thread is mostly about enthusiasts, not that there is anything wrong with that. That enthusiasm is a big part of its appeal I think, even though I now realize that the enthusiasm only really helps getting on board - it becomes kinda irrelevant once you are. ;-)

Chopper

Anyway, I absolutely love Halcyon Haze now. Don't think the Americans around here know them, because they're a British company as far as I'm aware, but their stuff is really, really awesome. It tastes exactly like what it says on the box, which is remarkable in itself considering how elaborate their stuff is, but it's also surprisingly tasty.
I've just checked out their website. Never heard of them before. Looks good. Do you use all of their flavours?

really liking the new Black Flag Fallen from 5 pawns

got in some Lazarus Vintage juice from their cyber Monday sale. Journey and Lighthouse are still as amazing as ever.

polished off a bottle of Castle Long Reserve but I have 2 more to fall back on

if you guys don't have the Aqua V2 yet, you really, really should get one. i vape more juice out of this thing than my drippers now. so convenient in every way imaginable and the flavor is really good

DaFish

really liking the new Black Flag Fallen from 5 pawns

got in some Lazarus Vintage juice from their cyber Monday sale. Journey and Lighthouse are still as amazing as ever.

polished off a bottle of Castle Long Reserve but I have 2 more to fall back on

if you guys don't have the Aqua V2 yet, you really, really should get one. i vape more juice out of this thing than my drippers now. so convenient in every way imaginable and the flavor is really good
Is it still a 23mm Atty?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Anybody have any favorite craft liquids they would recommend? I'm trying to expand my palette.

Pete Rock

Hmmm, thanks for reminding me. Although I did not have a good experience with the Aqua V1 last year, I have been anxiously awaiting something to displace my genesis style Atomizer which I am tired of. It is basically an auto-dripper in the sense that I always have to give it that gangster-lean to control the juice flow. I'm tired of it. It is a hassle when driving and the only benefit it provides is allowing me to throw my pinky out at the same time for style points on each drag. lol

So I have ordered an Aqua v2 Tobeco clone from 101vape, a coil jig and some ceramic tweezers. Upgrade my build process. Switch over to organic cotton instead of ekowool.

I am really glad I did NOT cave into temptation and buy the Atlantis + T8 at my local vape shop. From what I have read the output statistics on the Cloupor products are basically bullshit.

Now that I have hopefully found an atomizer to move away from my original setup, I want to invest into a relatively future-proof variable wattage box mod that has an excellent build quality with good switch locations. Any suggestions? I see the IPV3 goes up to 150 watts but I am skeptical of it for similar reasons as the Cloupor. Also not in love with the build styling.

I am tired of always having to dock my provari in a stand of sorts (cup holder, etc) and at the end of the day if I want to run a dual coil or a sub ohm build on the Aqua v2 my old ProVari 2.5 isn't going to provide the wattage necessary to run it. Similarly I am only going to run the Aqua with the steel tank sections so I won't have to baby the damn thing so much in terms of it tipping over.

Is it still a 23mm Atty?
According to the stats I read on the product pages, it is 22m this time around

see5harp

I got the three Alpha Vape juices and I'm thinking that maybe the fruity stuff, or at least the citrus based ones, are not for me. Not bad, but I think I prefer the more subtle stuff like Mother's Milk and Gambit. Really wanna try Milk and Honey since everyone seems to think it's the shit. I'll probably just give my sister one of the alpha vape juices I got for Christmas along with a Nautilus Mini.

dream

For some unknown reason, I just bought a Subtank. Will report back (using both the prebuilt heads and the rebuildable deck) in a few days...

Hmmm, thanks for reminding me. Although I did not have a good experience with the Aqua V1 last year, I have been anxiously awaiting something to displace my genesis style Atomizer which I am tired of. It is basically an auto-dripper in the sense that I always have to give it that gangster-lean to control the juice flow. I'm tired of it. It is a hassle when driving and the only benefit it provides is allowing me to throw my pinky out at the same time for style points on each drag. lol

So I have ordered an Aqua v2 Tobeco clone from 101vape, a coil jig and some ceramic tweezers. Upgrade my build process. Switch over to organic cotton instead of ekowool.

I am really glad I did NOT cave into temptation and buy the Atlantis + T8 at my local vape shop. From what I have read the output statistics on the Cloupor products are basically bullshit.

Now that I have hopefully found an atomizer to move away from my original setup, I want to invest into a relatively future-proof variable wattage box mod that has an excellent build quality with good switch locations. Any suggestions? I see the IPV3 goes up to 150 watts but I am skeptical of it for similar reasons as the Cloupor. Also not in love with the build styling.

I am tired of always having to dock my provari in a stand of sorts (cup holder, etc) and at the end of the day if I want to run a dual coil or a sub ohm build on the Aqua v2 my old ProVari 2.5 isn't going to provide the wattage necessary to run it. Similarly I am only going to run the Aqua with the steel tank sections so I won't have to baby the damn thing so much in terms of it tipping over.

According to the stats I read on the product pages, it is 22m this time around

i run the PMMA tank with anything but one specific juice that cracks tanks (and has before). build deck is straight forward. insert coil lead through hole, tighten screw, and you're good. wicking this thing is very easy. if for someone reason you need to rewick the device, it's also extremely easy. unscrew the tank section and you're right at your build deck. it is 22mm as well so no worries there

i would suggest the sigelei 100w v2. added the spring loaded 510, which was really the only needed upgrade from the v1 i have.

i dont personally think coil jigs are necessary but if you aren't used to making coils then they can definitely help you get enough tension on your coils.

i've never been a fan of gennies. i might eventually get a nahualon clone to check out, but that's the extent of that

Broseybrose

I still use my Aqua/Origin(clone) hybrid every day, so hearing this talk about the Aqua V2 has got my ears perked. Are there significant improvements? I love the Aqua and have never had a wicking issue, even with 100%VG juice (which is what I have in there right now).

Ive also got a 4Nine V3 coming in the mail! That should go perfect with my magma atty or an Aqua V2 if I decide to get one.

Top Bottom