• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Catching Them All (Again)

• Thread starter Deleted member 21120
  • Start date

this guy

Crazymoogle said:
The only other thing I'd say is to make sure you put in the cartridge when the power was off?
I tried that for good measure in case I hadn't done so, and I encountered a Gengar after a few battles. :D

edit: Got another one.

Captain N

Teknoman said:
Always save every few minutes I say.
I learned my lesson!

I had evolved 2 Pokemon and caught three Pokemon as well as got the Rock Climb in that time. Now I just need to do it all again.

PusherT

Here rate my new team

1. Hitmontop Lvl 42 EV trained in Defense & Attack
2.Pikachu (lightball) lvl 42 EV trained in Speed & Sp atk
3.Bibarel lvl 50 EV trained in HP & Defense
4. Seviper lvl 42 EV trained in Attack and Speed
5.Forretress lvl 42 EV trained in Defense and Sp Def
6. Slowbro lvl 50 EV trained Defense and HP

Holy shit I just went into the WiFi Plaza for the first time. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Are these real people? What am I suppose to be doing here?

Captain N

Blu_LED said:
Holy shit I just went into the WiFi Plaza for the first time. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Are these real people? What am I suppose to be doing here?

I'm pretty sure most of those people aren't real. There are a few mini games and all that jazz..plus I am pretty sure there is a time limit too.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Captain N said:
I just played for a total of an hour and a half earlier and went to go play it again now and I forgot to save it last time before I turned it off!
myphone.gif

Giard

PusherT said:
Here rate my new team

Can't really help you there....I'd say all of your pokemon, except Forretress and Slowbro, are very rarely used, so I don't know if they're good or not.

Movesets would help as well! Is this for single player or multi?

A question of my own now...does the Villa have any purpose at all? or is it like the Secret Base?

Just "unlocked" the new GTS. What an amazing set up they have for this game.

The battle recorder and PC box thing are so cool. I wish the interface for using them was a bit better, but its still cool non the less. The actual GTS (the trading portion) looks totally outdated compared to everything else, but either way I'm still not using it because of all the hacks.

The game would be the perfect Pokemon game if they had random online battles with some sort of stat tracking (Win/Loss at the least). I still don't understand why they can't do this.

PusherT

Giard said:
Can't really help you there....I'd say all of your pokemon, except Forretress and Slowbro, are very rarely used, so I don't know if they're good or not.

Movesets would help as well! Is this for single player or multi?

A question of my own now...does the Villa have any purpose at all? or is it like the Secret Base?
Are you talking about the Villa on rt 229 or the mansion on 212? The one on 229 has a machine there that increase your pkm freindlyness. The one on 212 is worthless.

As for why I didn't include moveset is because I want to keep those secret for strategic purposes incase I battle someone they don't what I got coming :)

Also would you like to have a PKM battle lvl 50? If so PM me?

PusherT said:
Here rate my new team

Well since you don't have movesets, look at it this way:

Going singletype closed down your weaknesses some (lots of resist!), but the low spread means you're going to be vulnerable to:

a)anything faster than you (weavile, gengar, etc.)
b)trick room
c)teams with a superior movespread and STAB on their side.

Assuming Pikachu is your starter, you'll be good to go against birds and force the switch, but Pikachu is pretty vulnerable and will still be outstripped to other speed-demon pokemon, meaning you'll need some sort of tank weapon to take it out. You'll also have to watch out for Electivire, which can swap in on the first round and suck down electric attacks to become faster, easily sweep Slowbro, and then probably has the moves to fight your other pokemon head-on.

Lack of immunity to ground is also a bit troubling.

Giard

PusherT said:
Also would you like to have a PKM battle lvl 50? If so PM me?
I'd love to...but my USB dongle broke, so I have no means of playing online.
I've asked this before, but does anyone know of an inexpensive product that could do the same thing?

I was talking about the Villa on 229, thanks.

Teknoman

Blu_LED said:
Just "unlocked" the new GTS. What an amazing set up they have for this game.

The battle recorder and PC box thing are so cool. I wish the interface for using them was a bit better, but its still cool non the less. The actual GTS (the trading portion) looks totally outdated compared to everything else, but either way I'm still not using it because of all the hacks.

The game would be the perfect Pokemon game if they had random online battles with some sort of stat tracking (Win/Loss at the least). I still don't understand why they can't do this.

So you can buy the next Wii partner game...which better be the best damn stadium style game EVER...this time around.

colinp

Banned
I'm getting my ass kicked by Mismagius from
gym battle 3
. Any hints? I feel like it will take me twenty years to level a ghost/dark pokemon enough to take care of her. Ugh. Anyone wanna trade a dark/ghost that's lvl ~26?

Giard

colinp said:
I'm getting my ass kicked by Mismagius from
gym battle 3
. Any hints? I feel like it will take me twenty years to level a ghost/dark pokemon enough to take care of her. Ugh. Anyone wanna trade a dark/ghost that's lvl ~26?
I had lots of trouble dealing with it as well. I caught a Gastly in Eterna Forest and evolved it into a Haunter to beat her.

Teknoman said:
So you can buy the next Wii partner game...which better be the best damn stadium style game EVER...this time around.

HAL was the developer of Stadium 1 and 2, while everything after that was by Genius Sonority (hubris much?). Maybe bring HAL back?

And on the subject of Mismagius, I had a bunch of Pokemon in my team with Bite and used that a bunch.

colinp

Banned
Giard said:
I had lots of trouble dealing with it as well. I caught a Gastly in Eterna Forest and evolved it into a Haunter to beat her.

Where did you go to level up the Gastly? I'm trying to do that now but am finding it eh only working so so (at least veeeeery slow leveling). Damn Bidoofs and Clefairies are immune to Gastly!

Giard

colinp said:
Where did you go to level up the Gastly? I'm trying to do that now but am finding it eh only working so so (at least veeeeery slow leveling). Damn Bidoofs and Clefairies are immune to Gastly!
I don't remember...but can you go to the Lost Tower at the point where you are?

Teknoman

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
HAL was the developer of Stadium 1 and 2, while everything after that was by Genius Sonority (hubris much?). Maybe bring HAL back?

And on the subject of Mismagius, I had a bunch of Pokemon in my team with Bite and used that a bunch.

Would be nice. Of course, PBR did do some things right (trainer customization complete with skin tone editing). Would be even better with a Phantasy Star Online/Universe style editor.

Giard

colinp said:
Ah nope, heh, that is right after I beat this trainer I think..
Darn...
I know at first Gastly sucks because he only has lick, but once he gets Night Shade things start getting a little easier.

If you have the VS Seeker, maybe use it on route 208?

mattso

are there any pokes you can catch that know bite?

yeah.. shinx gets it so you could use that to kill the mismagius

colinp

Banned
Giard said:
Darn...
I know at first Gastly sucks because he only has lick, but once he gets Night Shade things start getting a little easier.

If you have the VS Seeker, maybe use it on route 208?

Yeah I'll give that a try, thanks!

Jiggy

PusherT said:
Here rate my new team

Even assuming you're going to be fighting people using exclusively UU Pokemon, there are a lot of special attackers who could run over practically your entire team for free. Basically, your main problem will most likely be enemy Pokemon that carry any two of the following: a good special Grass attack, a good special Electric attack, and a good STAB special attack that hits Forretress for neutral damage or better.

Examples, and I've been running the numbers with MetalKid's damage calculator:

Lanturn

Absorbs Pikachu's Electric attacks and takes next to nothing from Grass Knot. Even if you have Brick Break, it's not going to KO Lanturn (or even come close) before Lanturn Surfs it. A special attacking Lanturn with 200 Special Attack EVs will OHKO Pikachu guaranteed, but even one with as little as 56 has a chance to do it--and that's all assuming Pikachu hasn't taken any other damage. Bibarel can take a Surf, but not a Thunderbolt/Discharge. Slowbro has no good moves against Lanturn unless you're running a surprise physical set with Life Orb/Choice Band and Earthquake or Zen Headbutt--but even then, you'd need Choice Band and an Attack+ nature for a guaranteed OHKO with Earthquake, assuming no HP nor Defense EVs on Lanturn. One miss and it's Lanturn's game, as Thunderbolt will do 50% at least.

All of this leaves you with three options to switch in on Lanturn: Hitmontop, Forretress, and Seviper. But all three can be eliminated in three hits of Surf or Thunderbolt, making them dodgy switch-ins. If Lanturn is using Discharge instead of Thunderbolt, then you're ever-so-slightly safer damage-wise, but Seviper and Hitmontop could lose their speed advantage to a 30% paralysis chance, which might be equally troublesome.

Nidoqueen or Nidoking

Hitmontop needs Earthquake to stand a chance. Even if he has Earthquake, he can't OHKO Nidoking (the weaker of the two defensively) unless he's holding Life Orb, Expert Belt, or Choice Band. So either he's going to need to carry one of those or he's going to end up eating at least two attacks from Nidoqueen and Nidoking (who are both faster), guaranteed. Pikachu can't do much of anything, as Grass Knot sure isn't breaking through their defenses. I guess you could be using Surf from Battle Revolution, but in that case you'd be stuck with a Hardy nature and run the risk of being outsped.

Bibarel eats a quick Thunderbolt, if the Nidoqueen or Nidoking is a special or mixed attacker. It won't lose to that in one hit, unless Nidoqueen has Choice Specs and Special Attack+ or Nidoking has Special Attack+ and either Life Orb (possible OHKO) or Choice Specs (guaranteed), but Waterfall for Bibarel is basically in the same boat. Without a boosting item, Nidoqueen is never going down in one hit. Even with a Choice Band, Adamant/Brave Bibarel can't OHKO a Defense+ Nidoqueen who has 200 Defense EVs or more (even if she has nothing in HP), and will only occasional OHKO a Defense+ Nidoqueen who has nothing in Defense but 252 in HP. Nidoking has almost identical calculations, except that Bibarel only needs a Life Orb instead of Choice Band, and Adamant/Brave Bibarel with no boosting item stands a shot of OHKOing no-defense Nidoking. Whatever the case, the point is that it's not a safe matchup for Bibarel; both sides are flirting with a loss, but Bibarel's speed disadvantage is troublesome.

Seviper, like Hitmontop, can't KO with one Earthquake unless it has a boost. Seviper, unlike Hitmontop, will be OHKOed by the Nido's own Earthquake or Earth Power.

Forretress will be 3HKOed by Earth Power from either Nidoqueen or Nidoking in a best-case scenario (best for you). In a worst-case scenario, the Nido will have Flamethrower or Fire Blast and Forretress will be toast.

Slowbro can force Nidoqueen and Nidoking out, but switching in on them directly is risky business due to Thunderbolt and/or the chance of Earth Power dropping its Special Defense. Nidoking also has Megahorn, but Slowbro will be able to absorb it and Slack Off all damage and more unless it was boosted or a critical hit.

Ninetales

Will-O-Wisp to end Hitmontop one way or another (a physical attacker will be ruined outright, while a Rapid Spinner or other sort of utility Pokemon will have a much shorter life span), Flamethrower for a Pikachu OHKO, Energy Ball for a Bibarel 2HKO, Flamethrower for a Seviper 2HKO, and Flamethrower for a Forretress OHKO. Except for Slowbro, who can Slack Off to recover damage from Energy Ball, nothing can switch in on Ninetales--which is made even worse by the fact that she's faster than all of them.

Those are just Pokemon I though of right away (although, as I said, I had to run the numbers) because I like them all and have used them in the past, either on Netbattle in olden GBA times (Lanturn, Ninetales) or in-game in even older times (Nidoqueen in R/B/Y). I'm sure people who actually play UU on a regular basis would find other ways to create serious problems for you.

If you're playing outside UU, then--well, good luck. :p Various special or mixed sweepers like Azelf, Starmie, Gengar, Infernape, Salamence, and Togekiss carry the kinds of moves that can OHKO or 2HKO just about all of your team without needing the help of Life Orb (much less Choice Specs), and all of them except for a non-Choice Scarf Togekiss also outspeed everything you have.

Giard

I still don't like a lot of the new sprites.
Rhydon looks like he has down syndrome and Machamp looks like a failed photoshop experiment.

mattso

Giard said:
I still don't like a lot of the new sprites.
Rhydon looks like he has down syndrome and Machamp looks like a failed photoshop experiment.
some of them are meh, some I really like

I think rhyperior's new sprite is pretty awesome
I like glaceon's new sprite a lot
I think empoleon and infernape look badass
Magmortar's is a ton better, weavile's too

So what's a good well-rounded team? I'm not focused on playing in tournaments or anything, but I'd like to be pretty strong and not really hate any of my pokemon. Right now I have three starters...well, here I'll just tell you

Level 23 Prinplup
Level 20 Charmeleon
Level 19 Bayleef
Level 22 Machop
Level 23 Luxio
And I'm working on levelin' up my Psyduck at the moment. Obviously I'm early in the game, but I think it's a pretty decent team. Maybe I need a fighting pokemon, even though machop knows a few fighting moves.

PusherT

Jiggy said:
Even assuming you're going to be fighting people using exclusively UU Pokemon, there are a lot of special attackers who could run over practically your entire team for free. Basically, your main problem will most likely be enemy Pokemon that carry any two of the following: a good special Grass attack, a good special Electric attack, and a good STAB special attack that hits Forretress for neutral damage or better.

Examples, and I've been running the numbers with MetalKid's damage calculator:

Lanturn

Absorbs Pikachu's Electric attacks and takes next to nothing from Grass Knot. Even if you have Brick Break, it's not going to KO Lanturn (or even come close) before Lanturn Surfs it. A special attacking Lanturn with 200 Special Attack EVs will OHKO Pikachu guaranteed, but even one with as little as 56 has a chance to do it--and that's all assuming Pikachu hasn't taken any other damage. Bibarel can take a Surf, but not a Thunderbolt/Discharge. Slowbro has no good moves against Lanturn unless you're running a surprise physical set with Life Orb/Choice Band and Earthquake or Zen Headbutt--but even then, you'd need Choice Band and an Attack+ nature for a guaranteed OHKO with Earthquake, assuming no HP nor Defense EVs on Lanturn. One miss and it's Lanturn's game, as Thunderbolt will do 50% at least.

All of this leaves you with three options to switch in on Lanturn: Hitmontop, Forretress, and Seviper. But all three can be eliminated in three hits of Surf or Thunderbolt, making them dodgy switch-ins. If Lanturn is using Discharge instead of Thunderbolt, then you're ever-so-slightly safer damage-wise, but Seviper and Hitmontop could lose their speed advantage to a 30% paralysis chance, which might be equally troublesome.

Nidoqueen or Nidoking

Hitmontop needs Earthquake to stand a chance. Even if he has Earthquake, he can't OHKO Nidoking (the weaker of the two defensively) unless he's holding Life Orb, Expert Belt, or Choice Band. So either he's going to need to carry one of those or he's going to end up eating at least two attacks from Nidoqueen and Nidoking (who are both faster), guaranteed. Pikachu can't do much of anything, as Grass Knot sure isn't breaking through their defenses. I guess you could be using Surf from Battle Revolution, but in that case you'd be stuck with a Hardy nature and run the risk of being outsped.

Bibarel eats a quick Thunderbolt, if the Nidoqueen or Nidoking is a special or mixed attacker. It won't lose to that in one hit, unless Nidoqueen has Choice Specs and Special Attack+ or Nidoking has Special Attack+ and either Life Orb (possible OHKO) or Choice Specs (guaranteed), but Waterfall for Bibarel is basically in the same boat. Without a boosting item, Nidoqueen is never going down in one hit. Even with a Choice Band, Adamant/Brave Bibarel can't OHKO a Defense+ Nidoqueen who has 200 Defense EVs or more (even if she has nothing in HP), and will only occasional OHKO a Defense+ Nidoqueen who has nothing in Defense but 252 in HP. Nidoking has almost identical calculations, except that Bibarel only needs a Life Orb instead of Choice Band, and Adamant/Brave Bibarel with no boosting item stands a shot of OHKOing no-defense Nidoking. Whatever the case, the point is that it's not a safe matchup for Bibarel; both sides are flirting with a loss, but Bibarel's speed disadvantage is troublesome.

Seviper, like Hitmontop, can't KO with one Earthquake unless it has a boost. Seviper, unlike Hitmontop, will be OHKOed by the Nido's own Earthquake or Earth Power.

Forretress will be 3HKOed by Earth Power from either Nidoqueen or Nidoking in a best-case scenario (best for you). In a worst-case scenario, the Nido will have Flamethrower or Fire Blast and Forretress will be toast.

Slowbro can force Nidoqueen and Nidoking out, but switching in on them directly is risky business due to Thunderbolt and/or the chance of Earth Power dropping its Special Defense. Nidoking also has Megahorn, but Slowbro will be able to absorb it and Slack Off all damage and more unless it was boosted or a critical hit.

Ninetales

Will-O-Wisp to end Hitmontop one way or another (a physical attacker will be ruined outright, while a Rapid Spinner or other sort of utility Pokemon will have a much shorter life span), Flamethrower for a Pikachu OHKO, Energy Ball for a Bibarel 2HKO, Flamethrower for a Seviper 2HKO, and Flamethrower for a Forretress OHKO. Except for Slowbro, who can Slack Off to recover damage from Energy Ball, nothing can switch in on Ninetales--which is made even worse by the fact that she's faster than all of them.

Those are just Pokemon I though of right away (although, as I said, I had to run the numbers) because I like them all and have used them in the past, either on Netbattle in olden GBA times (Lanturn, Ninetales) or in-game in even older times (Nidoqueen in R/B/Y). I'm sure people who actually play UU on a regular basis would find other ways to create serious problems for you.

If you're playing outside UU, then--well, good luck. :p Various special or mixed sweepers like Azelf, Starmie, Gengar, Infernape, Salamence, and Togekiss carry the kinds of moves that can OHKO or 2HKO just about all of your team without needing the help of Life Orb (much less Choice Specs), and all of them except for a non-Choice Scarf Togekiss also outspeed everything you have.
Yeah I'm messing with a UU tier team bult around trick room. Slowbro,Forrestress (Spikes,Rapid spin,Reflect,Return) Bibarel. With trick room startergy I have Item to slow my Hitomontop if need be. Pikachu/Seviper are speed sweeper. Lightball gives Pikachu an increase in SP atk & Sp def on top of the maxed out Sp atk EV (when he reaches lvl 100) andseviper is there to hit hard. Slowbro is a trick room/slack off specialist add with forrestress defense and Refelct ablities

mattso

BrandNew said:
So what's a good well-rounded team? I'm not focused on playing in tournaments or anything, but I'd like to be pretty strong and not really hate any of my pokemon. Right now I have three starters...well, here I'll just tell you

Level 23 Prinplup
Level 20 Charmeleon
Level 19 Bayleef
Level 22 Machop
Level 23 Luxio
And I'm working on levelin' up my Psyduck at the moment. Obviously I'm early in the game, but I think it's a pretty decent team. Maybe I need a fighting pokemon, even though machop knows a few fighting moves.
that should be fine. the only ones I might consider would be a ground type or a dark/ghost but for in game really anything will work.

Jiggy

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Teknoman said:
Would be nice. Of course, PBR did do some things right (trainer customization complete with skin tone editing). Would be even better with a Phantasy Star Online/Universe style editor.
That was the one thing PBR did right. :(

I have nothing against Genius Sonority aside from PBR, though--actually, I think they did a bangup job with Colosseum and XD in terms of tossing tons of excellent prize Pokemon at the player. Stadium 1 had given free starters, fossils, and Eevee, which was cool in its own right, especially in its time, but Colosseum was on a new level. Even if we ignore the exclusive Johto Pokemon (because some people like me think that they shouldn't have reduced the number of Pokemon for Ruby/Sapphire in the first place), Colosseum gave out all sorts of Pokemon with free egg moves or TM moves that helped along your breeding chains. Some were better than others (Drill Peck Skarmory), but it had loads of great stuff.

And XD went one step further and granted completely exclusive moves. That's way, way above the level of PBR, which only has three prize Pokemon, with only one of them having an exclusive move. And PBR doesn't have free prize items like Colosseum or XD, either; you got pretty hefty sets of TMs from the two Gamecube RPGs, and a Master Ball (if you didn't use it in-game), and XD even had a free Lucky Egg, but if you want to pull any items out of PBR then you have to win a pretty large number of battles to afford them.

Overall, I'd love to see another full-fledged Pokemon RPG by Genius Sonority on Wii. Especially if it had an actual functioning box system that allows transfers between games, unlike My Pokemon Ranch.

Jiggy said:
Overall, I'd love to see another full-fledged Pokemon RPG by Genius Sonority on Wii. Especially if it had an actual functioning box system that allows transfers between games, unlike My Pokemon Ranch.
Agreed, I actually really liked Pokemon Colosseum and recently played through Pokemon XD on a whim which is actually much better than Colosseum.

NeoForte

Jiggy said:
That was the one thing PBR did right. :(

I have nothing against Genius Sonority aside from PBR, though--actually, I think they did a bangup job with Colosseum and XD in terms of tossing tons of excellent prize Pokemon at the player. Stadium 1 had given free starters, fossils, and Eevee, which was cool in its own right, especially in its time, but Colosseum was on a new level. Even if we ignore the exclusive Johto Pokemon (because some people like me think that they shouldn't have reduced the number of Pokemon for Ruby/Sapphire in the first place), Colosseum gave out all sorts of Pokemon with free egg moves or TM moves that helped along your breeding chains. Some were better than others (Drill Peck Skarmory), but it had loads of great stuff.

And XD went one step further and granted completely exclusive moves. That's way, way above the level of PBR, which only has three prize Pokemon, with only one of them having an exclusive move. And PBR doesn't have free prize items like Colosseum or XD, either; you got pretty hefty sets of TMs from the two Gamecube RPGs, and a Master Ball (if you didn't use it in-game), and XD even had a free Lucky Egg, but if you want to pull any items out of PBR then you have to win a pretty large number of battles to afford them.

Don't forget Stadium 2 if you won the....oh god I forgot the battles, think it was their Elite 4 you could allow one pokemon to relearn a move they once had learned (like example getting that Lv70 Ho-oh in Silver to relearn Sacred Fire).

PusherT

OK here is my main team that Used from Emerald and Migrated over there at level 80 my "Ghostzzz" team

1. Swampert lvl 80 (Hydro Canon,Earthquake,rain Dance,muddy water) Quick Claw
2.Ludicolo lvl 80 leftovers+ rain dish ability (surf,mega drain, astonish, grass knot)
3. Solrock lvl 80 Hard rock (cosmic power,Solarbeam,Rock Slide, Sunny Day) solar beam + sunny day combo
4. Blaziken lvl 80 choice scarf (Brave Bird, Sky uppercut "hits pkm doing the move fly", Bulk Up, Blast Burn)
5. Mightyena lvl 80 Blackglasses (Odor Sleuth,Cruch,Suker Punch, Embargo "helpful for stopping left overs,choice specs, Chesto berry + rest combo etc" )
6. Shedinja lvl 80 Focus sash (Furry Cutter,Heal Block,Shadow Ball, Grudge/Spite "still undecided on grudge & spite")

I keep shedinja hidden and try to fight off as many fire/bird types as possible with the other 5 pkm. I keep focus sash just incases that Garachomp is packing Crunch/bite. Shedinja is my favorite of the 493 pokemon and is the crown jewel of my main team team "Ghostzzz"

PusherT

Hatchet Man said:
Thanks for the misdreavus, The battle was fun.
Good battle man, it was close there until I was able to get my rain dance on. That tanglegrowth scared the living daylights out of me since I was using swapert.

Jiggy

Updated the EV training guide. PKMN Trainer Cheryl gives 11 HP EVs, though you can only battle her once per day--and many times she won't even be available to fight at all, which is why I didn't know to bring her up before.

Edit: Forgot to reply to this earlier, but:

Blu_LED said:
I wish they had something even more random than what you're probably thinking of: I want online competitive Battle Factory (with a 6-on-6 option added, preferably). That would be a truly broad and amazing experience to me, since everyone would be using random teams and employing the full gamut of strategies and moves, instead of just running the same typical powerhouses.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy didn't even mention the real best part of Colosseum. Master Ball duping!

Also the focus on double battle was neat and the AI in Colosseum mode was pretty damn tricky.

XD is more fun to playthrough though, having turned the purification of pokemon from an hour long ordeal to a completely passive affair that took maybe 10-15 minutes.

Jiggy

Someone who has Ruby, Sapphire, two copies of Emerald, Colosseum, Fire Red, Leaf Green, XD, two copies of Diamond, two copies of Pearl, and Platinum may need something--like professional help, perhaps--but an extra supply of Master Balls isn't it. :p

I already have spares lying around, and with new Pokemon games lately I waste the Master Balls catching ubers (which I'll never even use) just so that I don't end up with too many of them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know, I have over 200 distinct trainer IDs on my diamond save and I still only win the lottery every month or so. Plus with the number of legendaries in each game expanding...

Funnier still, I don't even use the masterballs I have! I have 10 from the GSC generation and about 20 lying around from this one, none from duping!

People who want good IV'd legendaries for some tournament or another, and who haven't run through RSEFRLG a million times though love the Masterball duping. It being about as fast as Emerald duping doesn't hurt one bit!

Man God said:
People who want good IV'd legendaries for some tournament or another, and who haven't run through RSEFRLG a million times though love the Masterball duping. It being about as fast as Emerald duping doesn't hurt one bit!

Emerald duping is much, much faster. You can duplicate multiple items together unlike Colosseum.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Little Green Yoda said:
Emerald duping is much, much faster. You can duplicate multiple items together unlike Colosseum.

Colosseum also came out what, two years before Emerald? :D

It's scary sometimes how similar Jiggy and I are. Jiggy is basically just Man God:Extreme edition.

Wait, what does its release date have to do with it being "about as fast as Emerald duping"? :lol

I also don't understand the multiple copies thing some people have when it comes to Pokemon games. 1 of each version is somewhat understandable but 2 Emeralds? 2 Pearls? Professional help might not be a bad idea. :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Little Green Yoda said:
Wait, what does its release date have to do with it being "about as fast as Emerald duping"? :lol

I also don't understand the multiple copies thing some people have when it comes to Pokemon games. 1 of each version is somewhat understandable but 2 Emeralds? 2 Pearls? Professional help might not be a bad idea. :lol

Well, it was a fast way to get extra Masterballs before Emerald came out in '06. Faster than going through Ruby a dozen times at any rate. That's all I'm saying.

If I see a Pokemon game for under $5, especially one I don't have, I pick it up. Sometimes having an extra copy of something can come in handy.

Very handy this gen considering how useful a lot of the Gym Leader TMs are.

Top Bottom