• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Catching Them All (Again)

• Thread starter Deleted member 21120
  • Start date

vhfive

Dabookerman said:
I'm alright now, I realised the only thing you lose by losing at the Elite Four is a few thousand pokemon money. the equivalent of 1 win. So I will just grind it.
if you use all your money first you don't lose any ;)

elektrikluv said:
For anyone with a Roselia, which move is better, Aromatherapy or Synthesis? I would have gone with Synthesis straight away but as its dependent upon the weather, I don't want to have to teach her Sunny Day for maximum HP restoration. Is it any good in normal weather conditions?

Just trying to decide on the final move set before I evolve her into Roserade.
1st, Roserade is UU.
One of the moveset for a lead Roserade is:
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leaf Storm
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire
~ Sludge Bomb / Shadow Ball
Sunny Day + Roserade = 500% probability of death against fire moves.

Razorwind

Haruspex said:
Man, I wish I had the time or dedication to throw myself into playing Pokemon seriously again.

Conversely, I wish I could pick up Pokemon and play it like a kid. How i will stick with my most favorite Pokemon and forget about stuff like EV points and other min-max stuff.

here's my second shot at it... I'm looking for...nay...searching for a Jirachi. I have decided that I need one badly...I have been jumping through boards all night and I will not give up evaaa...or atleast until tommorow.
here's what I got

Pokemon:
a Bunch of male ralts with ( naughty, careful, lax and modest natures) and a hasty female lv 21
a modest lv1 male Squirtle
a lv 100 carful female Pikachu
an lv 47 impish Dialga
an serious lv 39 male Electabuzz
and a careful lv 28 Magmar
a female Scizor lv 13
a lv40 Careful Charizard
a lv 42 Mismagiusbarve.
a lv 40 Ampharos timd

Items:
oval stone
red shard
shiny stone
masterball
Tm 30 shadowball

dear god help me out here..I'm looking for a lv 5-19 Jirachi...if you somehow have an egg that even better...Help me pa leez...

name: Akira
code: 4467 7576 0724

I'm not sure one can get Jirachi in an egg. Legally anyway.

If anybody has any of the guys in this list, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Paras, Growlithe, Exeggcute, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Aerodactyl, Yanma, Qwilfish, Mantine, Hitmontop, Zangoose, Cranidos, Shieldon, Burmy, Cherubi or Skorupi.

Edit 1: Thanks dabookerman for Caterpie, Weedle and Tyrogue. Charmander is gone!

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

I made the mistake of getting an extra Charmander egg, so if anybody has any of the guys in this list and wouldn't mind a Charmander, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Caterpie, Weedle, Paras, Growlithe, Exeggcute, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Aerodactyl, Yanma, Qwilfish, Mantine, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Zangoose, Cranidos, Shieldon, Burmy, Cherubi or Skorupi.

I can get you a weedle or Caterpie.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:

The only legendary that comes in an egg is Manaphy, and even then it comes it a very unique egg. Phione can be bred from Manaphy, but it's only legendary in a Nintendo competition clause sense.

Jirachi below Lv50 in any form would just be a hack.

Crazymoogle said:
Jirachi below Lv50 in any form would just be a hack.

I have Jirachi, lvl 5.

it is on the bonus disc from Pokemon Collosuem. From my understanding, it was not available at retail.

just need a GBA, ruby/sapphire, and a xfer cable. I have all, but it takes about 10-15 minutes to start a new game, and get to the point that I am able to get pokeballs, before i can get 'em.

I can problably get one this weekend. would tomorrow be ok?

If anyone else wants a Jirachi, just PM me. :D

biggyfries said:
I have Jirachi, lvl 5.

it is on the bonus disc from Pokemon Collosuem. From my understanding, it was not available at retail.

Ah, my mistake, but I thought when I got mine it started at lv50. Probably confusing it with another pokemon.

Insaniac

Okay, i'm trying my hand at breeding some more, but hatching eggs is killing me, does anybody have a pokemon with Flamebody they could trade me? (BTW I only have pkmn Diamond)

nli10

Dabookerman said:
The only way I know of is by trading them one by one. That's it really.

Suspected that - thanks :(

Emptied my cousins old Diamond into Pearl (he'd restarted and got bored so only a few decent ones) - now off to trade 3 old games (worth about £15) + 99p for Platinum at Gamestation :D

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I know this has been asked before but is there any way to trade my Pokemon in Diamond to Platinum or vice-versa using one DS?

Insaniac

Okay, firstly, still looking if someone has an extra pokemon with flamebody ability.

Secondly, how come when I EV train my tentacool with Special attack (killin girafarigs) I'll kill 3 or 4 girafarigs, and my tentacool levels up, but only gets +1 special attack? How does this work?

(I'm using EXP share on tentacool atm

Firestorm

Insaniac said:
Okay, firstly, still looking if someone has an extra pokemon with flamebody ability.

Secondly, how come when I EV train my tentacool with Special attack (killin girafarigs) I'll kill 3 or 4 girafarigs, and my tentacool levels up, but only gets +1 special attack? How does this work?

(I'm using EXP share on tentacool atm
The effect EVs have on your stats is less at lower levels. For example, at LV50, 8 EVs = 1 stat point. The one to keep in mind is LV50 and LV100 as those are the levels most of your competitive battles will be (Nintendo likes LV50, players like LV100). LV100, 4 EVs = 1 stat point.

Neo Child

Banned
Okay, this is ridiculous.

THEY TOOK THE GAME CORNER OUT OF THE EU VERSION OF POKEMON PLATINUM

Instead, talking to the machines displays "its a game machine" - and they make NO references to gambling - just games. despite the fact this was in diamond/pearl in the uk version, this is really daft.

the g/s game corner was the best with roulettes, they better not take that out :/

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I just got Platinum. But I am unable to sign into Wifi. It keeps telling me it's unable to find a compatible access point?

There is no use in me playing this game unless I can trade and stuff =/

The process of getting Jirachi can be repeated as long as the game that is receiving Jirachi has not already used this disc.

Saw this on the Bulbapedia link. Does that mean you can only get the Jirachi per game pack or game save?

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Why the hell can't I trade for things on the GTS?

Three different times I've had the exact Pokemon that people are looking for, and the correct gender, but I'm not able to trade for it? The only thing I can think of is that its not the right level, but it doesnt even list the damn level they're looking for! This is so damn frustrating

biggyfries said:
just the game save. Ive been using my Sapphire for this for the past year. :D

That's what I figured but then I started thinking what if...? :lol

I know my friend has this somewhere. Maybe he'll give it to me since he's not a big player anymore.

JohnTinker said:
Why the hell can't I trade for things on the GTS?

Three different times I've had the exact Pokemon that people are looking for, and the correct gender, but I'm not able to trade for it? The only thing I can think of is that its not the right level, but it doesnt even list the damn level they're looking for! This is so damn frustrating

For some stupid reason, Platinum removed what level the user wants. It will tell you if its male or female but not what level they want it at..

Neo Child said:
Okay, this is ridiculous.

THEY TOOK THE GAME CORNER OUT OF THE EU VERSION OF POKEMON PLATINUM

Instead, talking to the machines displays "its a game machine" - and they make NO references to gambling - just games. despite the fact this was in diamond/pearl in the uk version, this is really daft.

the g/s game corner was the best with roulettes, they better not take that out :/

Well, that's my copy back to the shop.

I never use the gambling bits, but I feel irked by the fact that I paid money for a game which has had functionality removed without my being informed. There's plenty of other games to waste my time with...

Ravidrath

VGChampion said:
Saw this on the Bulbapedia link. Does that mean you can only get the Jirachi per game pack or game save?

It's per save, but I'd imagine with Action Replay you could get more without much effort. From my limited testing, it seems the bonus disc just checks to see if you have Jirachi in your Pokedex. If you don't have it in your Pokedex, it'll send it, otherwise it won't.

So, for example, if you trade a Jirachi from Ruby to Sapphire, Sapphire won't be able to get Jirachi from the disc also because it's already registered in the Pokedex.

With Action Replay, you might be able to clear your Pokedex to get multiples on your cart, but it's probably not worth the effort

Ravidrath

Got a question...

At some point my WiFi Plaza changed - it's now split down the middle, has two monitors, and each half is a different color.

What's up with that? When I trade online, it seems like certain people only show up on certain halves of the plaza, and they can't see me if I put my Trade flag up with the monitor on the other half.

Edit: Holy shit... Dabookerman just traded me what he says is a legit shiny Ho-oh for the Celebi. A new standard has been set - next time people need event Pokemon, I'm demanding shinies! :p

Crazyorloco

I'm so glad I got this game now that school is done because I just spent almost 15 hours on this game in two days. :lol Pokemon is still addictive after all these years.

*bookmarks Serebii site*

Tranced Shadow said:
Well, that's my copy back to the shop.

I never use the gambling bits, but I feel irked by the fact that I paid money for a game which has had functionality removed without my being informed. There's plenty of other games to waste my time with...
Really? You bringing back a game, that is stuffed to the brim with content because they took out one little mini-game, that you wouldn't have even used anyway? Seems really dumb to me.

xSL4INx

Captain N said:
Does anyone have any eggs they can share? I only have 2 Pokemon in my party right now :(

What are looking for? I have some eggs, I don't remember what they are though. I have tons of other Pokemon at level 1 that have just been hatched as well. Scythers, Eevees, Gibles, Charmanders, etc.

Blu_LED said:
Really? You bringing back a game, that is stuffed to the brim with content because they took out one little mini-game, that you wouldn't have even used anyway? Seems really dumb to me.
Hope that was a joke on his/ her part . . .

Oh, and at this point of the game Im just trying to to get the main events out of the way so that I can focus on training egg/ baby pokemon in PLT and shiny hunting pokemon I want in D. Feel kinda bad about training over my D pokemon to my PLT game . . . I just stopped using my starter all together in favor of using them (It's still at 32 . . . the pokemon I trained over are just too fast at growing! Thats what Im going to do for now on lol).

Blu_LED said:

Eh, I don't like the idea that Nintendo have basically taken stuff out of a game I paid for without informing me. Makes me feel cheated. The fact that what they took out wasn't a big or particularly good part doesn't excuse them IMO.

Teknoman said:
Hmm...

http://www.destructoid.com/would-you-play-a-pokemon-action-game--132781.phtml

"Yes, I have thought of doing something new, and it makes me very excited to think of new elements for the game," said game director Junichi Masuda to Game Informer. "... This is just an idea but ... as you know, Pokémon is a role-playing game. But, personally, I really like the action type of games, so we just talk about that sometimes. We probably want to add some kind action element to the game."
Yeah, I remember that quote.

This is their que to make a console Pokemon Spin-off IMO. Would love for it to be like Tales of but with like 25-40 characters (alot of animations would be copy-pasted if they had too many so I would keep it at 25 of the coolest or most popular ones that would fit . . . but that would make chances of Lop/ Zangoose/ Mawile/ Gard being PC almost 0% >_>).

Ashodin

I really really could use a Darkrai, though can't you get him in Platinum without the event key?

Also looking for: Eevee, Duskull, Scyther, Burmy, Combee...

Just really want that Darkrai ;_;

Also looking for Shaymin too... goddamn event pokemon!

Insaniac

I've got a Tentacool with Modest Nature (+sp Atk, -Atk) and it's IVs are pretty damn good

31 HP
14 attack
26 Defense
29 Sp Atk
28 Sp Defense
30 Speed

What would be a good sp atk moveset for this guy?

(I is nub)

Teknoman

Maxrpg said:
I really really could use a Darkrai, though can't you get him in Platinum without the event key?

Also looking for: Eevee, Duskull, Scyther, Burmy, Combee...

Just really want that Darkrai ;_;

Also looking for Shaymin too... goddamn event pokemon!

What did you have to trade for a Scyther or Combee?

Neo Child

Banned
Does anyone have an egg or otherwise of:
Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle.

I have some high level Pokes up for trade, but I just want it to start a new game with. Cheers =]

Insaniac said:
I've got a Tentacool with Modest Nature (+sp Atk, -Atk) and it's IVs are pretty damn good

31 HP
14 attack
26 Defense
29 Sp Atk
28 Sp Defense
30 Speed

What would be a good sp atk moveset for this guy?

(I is nub)
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Giga Drain

Top Bottom