• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

DEskofier

Neo Member
DEskofier said:
The Japan release of Resident Evil 5 is here! The embargo for screenshots has fallen, so I proudly present our Resident Evil 5 gallery with over 70 new, exclusive screenshots:

http://www.cynamite.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=2051&opv=gal
Have fun!

rumsey said:
If the embargo is over, the SS can't be that exclusive.

If another website is hitting the exact frame in which these screens were taken: Yes., you're right. If other websites are the slightest bit sane, then: No, they're exclusive :D

duckroll

bigswords said:
Is it the LE version or just normal one Duckroll? Just want to know the making of is in DVD or bluray?

I just picked up the regular one. Didn't feel like spending the extra cash on the LE. I generally only get LEs for games with artbooks or soundtracks these days.

Usually if there is a Asian version of a video game it will turn up in Chinatown. Since the ship date for RE5 was earlier than for the US version, I figured any companies who ordered it have already received it. Any sightings in NYC's Chinatown?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Coop split screen on local machine works the same for 360. Start it up then have someone with another controller hit start!

rumsey

Awesome, glad to hear coop is still in! (even if it uses about half the real estate of my screen...)

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
That's not the case look back to some of my earlier posts.

Can you post verbatim from the materials you're referring to? I've seen some of them but I just read "coop mercenaries" I don't recall seeing the word online.

rumsey said:
Awesome, glad to hear coop is still in! (even if it uses about half the real estate of my screen...)

Can you post verbatim from the materials you're referring to? I've seen some of them but I just read "coop mercenaries" I don't recall seeing the word online.

I don't have it with me, but it's the RE5 Declassifed Guide given to members of the press. It specifically says the world online (along with system link, etc).

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, I totally forgot that this game was coming so soon, and now it's already out in Japan...

Definitely gonna pick this up despite never liking the first RE's (mainly because of the controls, loading time, etc.)

Makes me really appreciate the effort put into the OP, since now I can catch up on the story before I play - good stuff guys...

john tv

rockman zx said:
Thanks for the reply, one last question, how many tracks on the soundtrack CD?. Thanks ;)

286spvn.jpg

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just preordered the 360 collectors edition for in-store pickup! Gamestop gets these on release day right same as if you preorder in store?

~Kinggi~

Banned
So anyone watching live streams and stuff, has the guy beaten it yet, and if so how long did it take him to beat it? Thats all i want to know.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
On a side note, is Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles worth playing on the Wii? I kind of ignored the game, but I could go for a decent lightgun-ish shooter in the RE world right about now. It seems to be surprisingly rare, however, and I'm unsure if it is worth bothering to track down.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
~Kinggi~ said:
So anyone watching live streams and stuff, has the guy beaten it yet, and if so how long did it take him to beat it? Thats all i want to know.
About 20 hours was the final count. But he did rush through and he didn't read the files or explore, plus he was on easy so...:lol

dark10x said:
On a side note, is Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles worth playing on the Wii? I kind of ignored the game, but I could go for a decent lightgun-ish shooter in the RE world right about now. It seems to be surprisingly rare, however, and I'm unsure if it is worth bothering to track down.

It's a lot of fun, just keep in mind its a light gun game, but it gives you a lot more story for the series, plus you get to play as Hunk, Wesker, and Ada and not just the main playable characters for each entry represented.

It's a decent semi-overview of the series and a nice warm-up to RE5.

~Kinggi~

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
About 20 hours was the final count. But he did rush through and he didn't read the files or explore, plus he was on easy so...:lol
are you serious? 20 hours is ridiculously long, and you said he rushed it?

Wtf game review sites have been sayign 10-12 hours. I dont get it, this was supposed to be shorter than RE 4. You sure that was just 1 play-through and he didnt restart?

also, is the game awesome?

Cynar

dark10x said:

it's a pretty fun game

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
~Kinggi~ said:
are you serious? 20 hours is ridiculously long, and you said he rushed it?

Wtf game review sites have been sayign 10-12 hours. I dont get it, this was supposed to be shorter than RE 4. You sure that was just 1 play-through and he didnt restart?

also, is the game awesome?
There was one review who said it was short and it was written by a GAF poster and the mag was only doing it for some sales. They even wrote ''SHOCKING VERDICT'' on the cover to entice people to buy their shit. What a joke.

Yeah he rushed pretty much since people were pressurizing him to finish ASAP to see the cutscenes. The game has much bigger areas than RE4. Actual reviews said 15-20 hours and it's how it really is. I should know I watched the entire game being played. :lol

rumsey

I wish the game was 1080p, but at least you get a little more in the audio department.
I lol'd. :lol Perhaps when its announced for PC? When did people start expecting/anticipating/wishing for HD games on a console? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when was there ever a AAA (read: decent) looking title on a console that ran in 1080p?

TheCardPlayer said:
There was one review who said it was short and it was written by a GAF poster and the mag was only doing it for some sales. They even wrote ''SHOCKING VERDICT'' on the cover to entice people to buy their shit. What a joke.

Yeah he rushed pretty much since people were pressurizing him to finish ASAP to see the cutscenes. The game has much bigger areas than RE4.

Don't you have to factor in that they sucked horribly too. Granted that's what I spent more time in COD: WAW than most would. :lol Still, I heard they brought suckage to a new level.

~Kinggi~

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:

Yeah he rushed pretty much since people were pressurizing him to finish ASAP to see the cutscenes. The game has much bigger areas than RE4. Actual reviews said 15-20 hours and it's how it really is. I should know I watched the entire game being played. :lol
That's incredible. The Japanese developer said it was slightly shorter, but i guess the Japanese talk literally, so its 20 hours instead of 24 or whatever.

dark10x said:

It's one of my favorite Wii games. It's great if you ask me. There's tons to do, it's very fun, controls are cool once you get the hang of it, tons to see and unlock, pretty good weapons upgrade systems, awesome remixes of memorable music... so yeah. It's worth it.

linsivvi

Synless said:
Does the asian version support english dialogue and menues?

Asian version (PS3) has English manual, dual language support, and even dual cover. Outside is RE5 and you can flip it around to become BH5.

brandonh83 said:
It's one of my favorite Wii games. It's great if you ask me. There's tons to do, it's very fun, controls are cool once you get the hang of it, tons to see and unlock, pretty good weapons upgrade systems, awesome remixes of memorable music... so yeah. It's worth it.

This man speaks the truth. I'm also saying this as a hardcore RE fan since the start. Its slower then some light gun games, but what it offers is so substantial and will definetly give you your moneys worth.

Well I caved and ordered the Asian version of RE5 to hold me over till my US collectors edition!!!!

Capcom better have put my name in the manual like the contest said it would! Top 100 in their contest got in and while it doesn't mean shit really, its still my name in something officially Resident Evil! lmao!:lol

Synless

linsivvi said:
Asian version (PS3) has English manual, dual language support, and even dual cover. Outside is RE5 and you can flip it around to become BH5.
So just to be clear, if I order the Asian version right now everything will be in english. I see you said Dual language support is that everything including the menus and extra's and all that?

I'm assuming yes based off your above statement I'm just being precautious.

Ridley327

After reviewing some of the clips from the feed, I can definitely confirm that at least half of their playtime was spent being the worst players in the world. They weren't even rushing; they were just plain terrible at the game.

Ridley327 said:
After reviewing some of the clips from the feed, I can definitely confirm that at least half of their playtime was spent being the worst players in the world. They weren't even rushing; they were just plain terrible at the game.

I was under the impression that it was a combination of the two. :lol

linsivvi

Synless said:
So just to be clear, if I order the Asian version right now everything will be in english. I see you said Dual language support is that everything including the menus and extra's and all that?

I'm assuming yes based off your above statement I'm just being precautious.

Yep, everything: voice, text, menus, etc, is in English (or Japanese if so you choose).

I was under the impression that it was a combination of the two. :lol

I only saw bits and peices but my god these guys playing where the epitome of suckage. Its as if two random non game playing people happened to stumble upon two copies of Resident Evil 5 , just staring at them from on the floor, picked it up, and then decided to play it co-op.

Aggelos

Man can you believe this?
After its initial announcement in July 2005, the game is finally coming out.....
Jesus, how many days has it been since that teaser trailer?...
When did time pass so fast?.....

Facism

duckroll said:
Seems to be a lot like the demo. I can't tell for sure since I didn't play the PS3 demo a ton (I only downloaded it to check out the performance since I already played the 360 demo quite a bit). The framerate probably won't be as smooth as the 360 version, and there's a mandatory install. There's still loading after installation, but it's pretty quick. I do notice some aliasing here and there too, it's more obvious in certain scenes and less in others. Overall, I personally don't think it's a huge deal. I got the PS3 version because I have two controllers for it, and there's free online, so that's how I'm going to be playing the co-op both online and offline. I think most people will be satisfied with either version though, but if you have Gold, and really want to go with the best version in terms of framerate and AA, you're probably better off with the 360 version.

Duckroll, i would very much appreciate it if you could pop into splitscreen and see if it holds up as "well" as standard coop. I don't mind the fps issues on the PS3 in singleplayer, but if the splitscreen is still a pile of arse it's the 360 version for me. (when i get it back from repair :< )

Ridley327

They spent well over an hour-and-a-half on just the final boss fight alone. Granted, it's a poorly done fight, but that would account for maybe 30 minutes if you don't go full retard.

The ending is a huge :lol

Also (unlockable spoiler within),
Mercenaries is, thankfully, just one person offline as you get to select from one of the characters (Chris and Sheva in their BSAA gear are unlocked from the start; there's an additional 8 "characters" to unlock, but there's effectively only 4 characters with the rest being largely cosmetic variations and different weapon loadouts). In the menu for it, you also get the chance to play it co-op, including online.

cvxfreak

Aggelos said:
Man can you believe this?
After its initial announcement in July 2005, the game is finally coming out.....
Jesus, how many days has it been since that teaser trailer?...
When did time pass so fast?.....

The game was announced before I entered university.

And I graduated before it came out. :lol :lol :lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ridley327 said:
They spent well over an hour-and-a-half on just the final boss fight alone. Granted, it's a poorly done fight, but that would account for maybe 30 minutes if you don't go full retard.

The ending is a huge :lol

Also (unlockable spoiler within),
Mercenaries is, thankfully, just one person offline as you get to select from one of the characters (Chris and Sheva in their BSAA gear are unlocked from the start; there's an additional 8 "characters" to unlock, but there's effectively only 4 characters with the rest being largely cosmetic variations and different weapon loadouts). In the menu for it, you also get the chance to play it co-op, including online.

^Thank you so much. My fears have been laid to rest.

Top Bottom