• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
Getting Error 80070570 from Xbox Live. Won't let me download >_>

I've paid for it though.

WHY MUST I BE THIS UNLUCKY =(
Yup, same deal here. Hurry up MS time is of the essence here, I have to leave soon. Gah.

Nemesis_

Rez said:
Yup, same deal here. Hurry up MS time is of the essence here, I have to leave soon. Gah.
Lemme know when you do. I've got another Aussie who wants to get it going as well. We'll have three and I'm sure someone can join in and make four :D

wi@tt

Rez said:
There's an achievement/trophy and a treasure available if you hurt him enough to the point where he flees before the seven minutes are up. The same cutscene is triggered and everything, but yeah, you can technically "beat" him.

Ok I thought it was just deal damage until the seven minutes were up.

DLC up in EuroPSN? :D Now to just wait a few more hours for it to hit state side.

Sectus

dk_ said:
Can I has yourz? :lol
If there was a way to give away DLC, I'd gladly give away my non-working versus mode :p

Edit: I see it on the eurpoean xbox live market place now. I was checking xbox.com but that wasn't updated yet it seems. And I can't download it either.

dk_

Sectus said:
If there was a way to give away DLC, I'd gladly give away my non-working versus mode :p

Edit: I see it on the eurpoean xbox live market place now. I was checking xbox.com but that wasn't updated yet it seems. And I can't download it either.
Actually there is. ^^

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
well, no versus for me, I gotta run, I have a flight to catch.

have fun without me guys. =p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Well, it's like Mercenaries, but with other people (up to 4).

You score points by killing zombies. You can kill other players to slow them down (you respawn after death). You can play vs all or 2 vs 2. I still don't get the difference between slayers and survivor.

Sectus

TTP said:
Well, it's like Mercenaries, but with other people (up to 4).
Thank you very much for this impression which ONLY TELLS US INFORMATION WE ALREADY KNEW >:p

Sorry, but having paid for the DLC twice but not being able to play it makes me a bit edgy and tempted to bite everybody.

Sectus

If anyone happens to have a hong kong PSN account, bought the DLC and is willing to help me out... please let me know ;_;

Blablurn

Eurogamer.de’s reporting that Resident Evil 5’s Versus mode DLC won’t be released in Germany.

The content failed to get a USK rating, according to the site, despite the fact the game itself was released.

Versus hits both PS3 and 360 versions of Capcom’s horror today.

wtf is this shit

OriginX

Tried to download it before coming to work, it just hung at 1% and never did anything for about half an hour. So I just said fuck it. I'll try again after I get home from work/gym I suppose.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
UltimaPooh said:
WTF? It's hanging on 1% then stopping on XBOX Live.

same. ARRRGH! Fix this shit cappy

USD

Now it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Attempting a download isn't even an option.

Awesome.

BeeDog

Versus feels pretty stupid, you just stand in front of your enemy and hope he has a lower health bar than you :lol .

Quick impressions.

Don't expect it to be the typical shooter multiplayer. It's not.

It's kind of like hide and seek... at least slayers is. Shooting is basically stopping and shoting each other in he face until one wins.

I enjoy it. if you're looking for a multilayered strategy oriented style of multiplayer. Looks elsewhere.

USD

Versus is... interesting. :lol

Make sure you buy all the characters (if you have the exchange points) before jumping in. I was murdering people with S.T.A.R.S. Wesker, while everyone else was Chris and Sheva. :lol

One weird thing is that you keep all items in your inventory, even when you die.

Brakara

LiK said:
didnt they have something like a horde mode in there too? anyone tried it?

I would so buy a proper horde mode dlc. From the description though, this didn't sound anything like that, but more like some competitive score bs.

LiK

Brakara said:
I would so buy a proper horde mode dlc. From the description though, this didn't sound anything like that, but more like some competitive score bs.

damn, guess i'll pass on this.

Returners

When the capcom guys said that this wouldn't be a unlock key (aka 99kb) I was like cool, they're going to have actual new assets and stuff.

But... it surely should be larger than 1.86MB. :|

Its a goddamm key afterall.

USD

Returners said:
When the capcom guys said that this wouldn't be a unlock key (aka 99kb) I was like cool, they're going to have actual new assets and stuff.

But... it surely should be larger than 1.86MB. :|

Its a goddamm key afterall.
There aren't really any new assets. It uses all the same characters and environments as The Mercenaries. The only new things are 2 songs. It might not be an unlock key, but there wasn't much to add anyway.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
so.... turret fight confirmed?

Neiteio

Sectus said:
All of the video links you quoted are actually recorded on the 360 version in 720p. I always record on 360 if I can, but I've got a friend I play with a lot who only has the PS3 version so I've got no other option when recording gameplay with him.
Wait, what do you mean you have no other option? You have both versions, yet your friend having only one means you can only record on the other? I'm not sure what that means. Clarification?

(Don't bite off my head off if you're still on edge from wonky downloads. :D)

And guys, I don't think Versus is just an unlock key. Aside from the new music (which may or may not have been on the disk), the download adds the scripts that recalibrate the damage taken/given, which varies in each mode, as well as all the rules on points per hit/death taken/given, which varies between modes by weapon used, proximity shot and area hit.

I'll have to download this and give it a whirl today. Is it up in the US yet? I anticipate that the emphasis in Survivors is more on hiding; shooting your opponent in the back when you catch them running unawares down a hall, then retreating. I'm not expecting the typical multiplayer deathmatch going in, although I do expect that this can be deep in its own way. The coverage for it in the LE guide seems to suggest so.

I bet this kinda needs to sell well for Capcom to consider new characters DLC.

cvxfreak

The mode's actually quite fun... too bad it's DLC. It would have made the initial RE5 package an even better value than it already was.

They need to get Leon and Claire as DLC characters in pronto.

USD

S.T.A.R.S. Chris is hax. The electric grenade shot -> magnum is so good it's cheap.

Incendiary grenades are also very useful, since it keeps enemies stationary.

vg260

Somewhat off-topic question.

I just finished multiple playthroughs of RE5 and am a little burned out. I'm gonna take a break for a while before I start Mercenaries. The next games sitting in my backlog are MGS4, Dead Space, and Gears of War 2. My taste in genres is obviously pretty limited, but which of these would be the next best change of pace from RE5. They all have somewhat similar elements.

Insaniac

I'd buy a variant of horde mode. It'd have to be different enough from mercs though. Perhaps letting you choose your own weapons from your inventory

Sectus

Just played for a few hours. First impressions wasn't all that great as the first few matches I played were just pure chaos. But I'm enjoying it much more now as I'm starting to understand how things work and what strategies to use.

Slayers is basically just mercenaries versus other players, and is quite a bit of fun. The only annoyance is that many people don't understand how you're supposed to play the mode. You get the majority of points by killing AI, and you get only a tiny amount of points by killing human players. If you're playing free for all slayers, it's NOT a good idea to hunt for human players. It's probably not even a good idea most of the time for team slayers.

Survivors is way more chaotic than slayers since everybody is hunting for everybody all the time. But what makes this mode really shine is when you play team survivors with a friend, it's a TON of fun and unlike any other multiplayer mode for any other game. You spend a lot of the time just running around the map searching for good items while avoiding the other players, and you can set up some very interestings traps or ambushes.

I'll have a few HD videos of the mode uploaded later today.

Top Bottom