• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

LiK

played some Pro mode in solo last night, not that hard at all. got S grades with my infinite hand cannon and rocket launcher, woot!

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Could some nice UK gaffer share his account with me? Or maybe create a new account, buy the versus mode and maybe some other things later (I still want the COD4 mappack) and give me the account details? I could pay you via paypal. UK store doesn't like my VISA.

j-wood

You guys don't even think it's REMOTELY possible that Capcom, knowing how huge of a PR disaster it would be it was just an unlock key, especially after going on record saying it was on the disc, didn't just pad the download to make it not seem so? Seriously, it's not hard to add 1000 bytes to something.

LiK

consoul said:
When idle, she deliberately positions herself in front of Chris to make eye contact and has two different "friendly" idle animations. Even the way she looks at Chris changes to a softer, almost smitten look.

yea, i noticed that after i built enough trust with her. i gotta admit that i'm not a fan of that animation. it looks goofy within the game when she does that thumbs up animation. thankfully, she returns to the previous idle animations after a while when i don't thank her anymore, hehe.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Papercuts said:
No, I can hear the other team when I'm playing. And yeah, it was filled with snarky assholes when I was just playing, they clearly did not like me using Wesker's Hydra. :lol

Also: Anyone get the 2 combo achievements yet? I think one is a combo of 20 in Slayers, and the other is 40 in Team Slayers...it's nearly impossible for me to manage a long combo with people shooting you up, not to mention Majini are hard to find and the combo timer seems the exact same from normal Mercs, which is to say, not very long.

I did the Slayers Achievement while in the Village. Lots of enemies, spacing out your kills, fodder enemies like the little spiders, big arena to avoid other players...

I stayed on the upper platform (where the spike trap switch is) and ran back and forth, killing enemies. They spawn from either side of that area.

Neiteio said:
Tomorrow. After LOST. I will download Versus on PS3 and join you all.

Lost and RE5 fan? Here's a man who knows, just exactly, what the hell is up.

By the way someone please let me in a regular group or something. The random people I played with last night... wow. Just wow.

dk_

Is there an UK Gaffer who bought the DLC on PS3?

As blablurn mentioned above the DLC won't be released in Germany. So I tried to register in the UK store with my creditcard, but it checks my address and flags my information as invalid.

Could someone here share the DLC with me? I have no other option. :-(

Sorry for the bump, but I really want the DLC. :-/

todahawk

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Hmmmm...so on the fence on whether to get Versus mode.

hard to say for you specifically but I bought it last night and played a handful of team slayers & survivors and thought it was a blast. I know i'm keeping RE5 and love Mercs so it was a no brainer for me.

USD

StranGER said:
after beating it is there a handcanon or anything like that when you play through a second time like there was in 4 ?
There are no weapon unlocks for beating the game (unless you beat it in under 5 hours, which unlocks the infinite rocket launcher). To unlock more weapons, you have to fully upgrade the starting handgun (M92F), machine gun (VZ61), shotgun (Ithaca M37), rifle (S75) and magnum (S&W M29). After fully upgrading the M29, the S&W M500 (the Handcannon from RE4) will be in the store for purchase.

Insaniac

USD said:
There are no weapon unlocks for beating the game (unless you beat it in under 5 hours, which unlocks the infinite rocket launcher). To unlock more weapons, you have to fully upgrade the starting handgun (M92F), machine gun (VZ61), shotgun (Ithaca M37), rifle (S75) and magnum (S&W M29). After fully upgrading the M29, the S&W M500 (the Handcannon from RE4) will be in the store for purchase.

besides for bosses, not a huge fan of the Hand cannon. The delay between shots is annoying.

Vard

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Versus mode either way, but for those of you that have it already... can you play the Versus modes splitscreen with 2 players on a TV?

damn.. stuck at a
black dude with a rattling gun, with only 1 bullit .. yep.. ad no money[i can pick up everything that lays around, but it's not enough... bastard won't die..
thinking about tdoing it in co-op..
any tips? thanx

LiK

Always-honest said:
damn.. stuck at a
black dude with a rattling gun, with only 1 bullit .. yep.. ad no money[i can pick up everything that lays around, but it's not enough... bastard won't die..
thinking about tdoing it in co-op..
an tips? thanx

return to an earlier chapter and farm some ammo or gold for a rocket launcher :)

todahawk

Sectus said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmM80Jbj-jc&fmt=22 - I've got now got proof on the leaderboards that I'm officially the bestest player in RE5!

Edit: And what the eek? Why does my posts with videos I've spent hours on always end up as the last post on a page. But this video I spent a total amount of 1 minute on gets first post. So unfair.

I'll send you a pm if kamorra responds.

i was wondering, how do you capture your vids? Anything specific to the 360? I've been meaning to try some on my ps3.

There's nothing more satisfying like pulling the spike trap on a bunch of Majinis in the Experimental Facility on Mercenaries...

That is until you do it to a human player on versus. :D

Volcynika

UltimaPooh said:
There's nothing more satisfying like pulling the spike trap on a bunch of Majinis in the Experimental Facility on Mercenaries...

Ask fallengorn if you want to know how being hit by those spikes feels. :lol

USD

UltimaPooh said:

Yes, it is damn satisfying. :lol

Brakara said:
If you had problems on veteran, it seems you have a more fundemental problem than just "shitty AI". I, for one, had no problems with her on veteran. Are you giving her the same awesome weapons (with infinite ammo) that you have? Sheva AI with an unlimited magnum gun is a beast. Also make sure to equip her with both vests. Then putting her in cover mode and equipped with a couple of health sprays will make her (and you) pretty much invincible (at least on veteran or lower).

People who think a 2mb dlc is an unlock key are crazy. It's small because it has no new assets. Compiling new code is tiny in comparison to, say, a map pack. To all who bitch about this: you're not paying for the size, assholes!
Well I haven't given her vest because I assumed it wouldn't matter on professional. see has an Inf AK, I use the magnum. To the other point, I don't lose any health what so ever in the fight, on professional or veteran. On veteran, no matter how often I call her over, she eventually fights alone and when she does she dies. I have nothing to do with it. I crushed veteran without a whole lots of issues, but now she dies with one hit, and I simply can't let the AI handle it.

USD

Does anyone know how the points system for the leaderboards in Versus actually works? My guess would be it's your total points awarded (i.e. 2500 for wins, 1000 for losses in Team games, etc.) divided by 100, which sort of makes sense. Not sure though.

Blueblur1

I didn't want to download 'Versus' but I was watching the 1up Game Night stream last night and it looked really fun. I went ahead and got it this morning though and I've been having a blast with it. I had a pretty good team going for the past hour until the host called it quits.

I need more people to play with. GAF'ers, add Total Sacrifice to your XBL Friends Lists! :D

USD said:
Does anyone know how the points system for the leaderboards in Versus actually works? My guess would be it's your total points awarded (i.e. 2500 for wins, 1000 for losses in Team games, etc.) divided by 100, which sort of makes sense. Not sure though.

I was thinking the same, and actually makes sense.

I think one of my favorite it's gonna be Prison, so much caos going in there, but seems that not too many people choose Prison, actually Public Assembly it's wins by far, I don't know exactly why.

[rant]And I hate people babling "worst partner EVAR!", first it was directed at me and after other person to another random person, stupid self-conscious pricks, and the worst it's not like like they provide you some useful feedback, they are like:"Where are you?" , "What are you doing!?" and other insightful one liners. Damn it's just a game.What about having some fun?.[/rant]

Sorry, I had to do it, I forgot how annoying can be online gaming.

BeeDog

Wow, I've been playing online for a good while now on the PS3, but Versus Mode is the first thing that enticed some random kiddo to attack me after I won over him in a Slayers round (1 on 1):

2i7y6u0.jpg

Since it was my first time being subjected to an attack, I had the urge to counter him (with a lame rebuttal):

ofytfn.jpg

And then came his last response:

2dc8p61.jpg

I couldn't help but laugh a little when reading this. :lol Should I follow his advice and "suck sum ass"?

Neiteio

Sectus said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNVYDXK88cw&fmt=22 - Uploading these videos is taking longer than I had expected, but there's my first team survivors match. It's too bad I couldn't also record the voice chat.
*faps furiously to Prison*

I'm sorry, but my lust for that level is insatiable. :D

*weeps for its omission from the main game*

EDIT: You didn't happen to keep the file for this video, did you? Me likey and me WANT. O_O

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I wantz fuckin versus!! D: D: D:

Sectus

Neiteio said:
*faps furiously to Prison*

I'm sorry, but my lust for that level is insatiable. :D

*weeps for its omission from the main game*

EDIT: You didn't happen to keep the file for this video, did you? Me likey and me WANT. O_O
Not deleted yet, I can get it uploaded later.

I got a bad feeling I won't be doing many more recordings soon. The graphical artifacts on my 360 re-appeared today. I sense a RROD not too far away...

Neiteio

*fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap*

Pojo said:
Go commit a felony or something, sheesh.
*fap... fap...... ffffap*

You know you love it too! Unless... Unless you hate children! And kittens. And the Dutch with their funny wooden shoes...

Yes I'll drag the Dutch into this.

Sectus said:
Not deleted yet, I can get it uploaded later.

I got a bad feeling I won't be doing many more recordings soon. The graphical artifacts on my 360 re-appeared today. I sense a RROD not too far away...
I'd reeeaaally appreciate it. That was a lot of fun to watch! Can't wait to play it myself tonight. :D

Also, about the 360... I hear getting a small fan and directing it toward the back of a 360 can help keep it running cool. It might be worth a shot to stave off a delay.

Daigoro

i love the prison stage too, its so great. and the red excecutioners are the best mini bosses. (i love giant and big man as well).

USD said:

no idea. it cant be exactly on points awarded because there are only so many different levels of point you get and the scores come out differently.

its wierd.

Blueblur1 said:
I need more people to play with. GAF'ers, add Total Sacrifice to your XBL Friends Lists! :D

i added you.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Volcynika said:
Ask fallengorn if you want to know how being hit by those spikes feels. :lol
Ack, don't remind me. After Lost tonight, I'm going to do nothing but hunt you down even if there's Shevas right behind me spamming arrows into my back. :p

Blueblur1

I was playing earlier and exited the game (out to the Xbox dashboard) while it was saving. X_X

The save file became corrupted and now I have to start from scratch. I had collected every treasure, purchased and upgraded every weapon and only had 3 of the standard 50 achievements left (one of them being complete Professional). This sucks ass.

Edit: Thanks for the FR, Daigoro.

LiK

Blueblur1 said:
I was playing earlier and exited the game (out to the Xbox dashboard) while it was saving. X_X

The save file became corrupted and now I have to start from scratch. I had collected every treasure, purchased and upgraded every weapon and only had 3 of the standard 50 achievements left (one of them being complete Professional). This sucks ass.

dayam!

Daigoro

Blueblur1 said:

holy shit. that sucks. :(

you still have the achievements though, right?

we'll just have to run you through Veteran a couple of times. but damn, you need to unlock Mercs and VS again, and get the points to unlock all of the other stuff and characters.

damn. that really sucks.

Top Bottom