• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

LiK

omg rite said:
Has anyone else talked about in this large thread why exactly Jill is blonde now? It bugs me. :lol

yes, explained a while go
her color changed from the experiment

Neiteio

omg rite said:
Has anyone else talked about in this large thread why exactly Jill is blonde now? It bugs me. :lol
This is quite the frequently asked question. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :D

On the elevator platform at the start of 5-2 is a computer. If you read the computer, it'll explain that the experiments Jill underwent caused a pigmentation abnormality in the hair and skin. Hence the blonde hair and the slight whitening of her complexion. So story-wise, it makes sense.

But for me, the best part is the symbolism. When you see Jill and Wesker standing side-by-side in the same frame, both with blonde hair, it really drives home how Jill changed, and who changed her.

I wish I could join the merriment here with some progress reports of my own, but I won't have another shot at getting Platinum or completing my sixth or seventh playthrough until later tonight, if I'm lucky.

LiK

Neiteio said:
This is quite the frequently asked question. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) :D

On the elevator platform at the start of 5-2 is a computer. If you read the computer, it'll explain that the experiments Jill underwent caused a pigmentation abnormality in the hair and skin. Hence the blonde hair and the slight whitening of her complexion. So story-wise, it makes sense.

But for me, the best part is the symbolism. When you see Jill and Wesker standing side-by-side in the same frame, both with blonde hair, it really drives home how Jill changed, and who changed her.

I wish I could join the merriment here with some progress reports of my own, but I won't have another shot at getting Platinum or completing my sixth or seventh playthrough until later tonight, if I'm lucky.

oh snap, i guess spoilers are tossed out the window? :lol

Neiteio

LiK said:
oh snap, i guess spoilers are tossed out the window? :lol
I have no idea what the spoiler policy is anymore. Here's what I think:

- At this point, nearly 9,000 posts in, I think we can acknowledge the fact Jill and Wesker are in the game. That's in THIS thread.

- Any threads outside this one, we should spoiler-tag. It's not conducive to meaningful discussion, but we owe it to the people on the rest of the forums not to spoil things left and right.

That's how I feel, for what it's worth. Once the game's had time to age we'll be able to openly discuss it anywhere, which'll be nice.

LiK

Neiteio said:
I have no idea what the spoiler policy is anymore. Here's what I think:

- At this point, nearly 9,000 posts in, I think we can acknowledge the fact Jill and Wesker are in the game. That's in THIS thread.

- Any threads outside this one, we should spoiler-tag. Yeah, it makes any meaningful discussion about RE5 in other threads just about impossible, but we owe it to the people on the rest of the forums not to spoil things left and right.

That's how I feel, for what it's worth. Once the game's had time to age we'll be able to openly discuss it anywhere, which'll be nice.

i guess so. i think once VS mode came out, all secrets are pretty much gone on who's in the game. i'm just seeing a lot of new players popping in lately but i guess it should be common knowledge by now. :)

Neiteio

LiK said:
i guess so. i think once VS mode came out, all secrets are pretty much gone on who's in the game. i'm just seeing a lot of new players popping in lately but i guess it should be common knowledge by now. :)
Hmm, you mentioning all the new players coming in makes me reconsider. I think we can safely acknowledge Jill and Wesker's presence in the game, but I think I'll try to be a bit more roundabout in discussing the details. :D

It's great to see more people coming in and loving the game. It's great in single-player, and fantastic in multiplayer. Only Warhawk comes close for me.

LiK

Neiteio said:
Hmm, you mentioning all the new players coming in makes me reconsider. I think we can safely acknowledge Jill and Wesker's presence in the game, but I think I'll try to be a bit more roundabout in discussing the details. :D

It's great to see more people coming in and loving the game. It's great in single-player, and fantastic in multiplayer. Only Warhawk comes close for me.

yea, i think there are a few comments where people are asking questions that were answered already or asking for help in co-op. i assume they havent beaten the game yet. but i gotta say that i checked out some video reviews online after i beat the game and they probably spoiled more of the game than us. :lol

no complaints so far so i guess maybe the spoilers tags are no longer necessary.

I don't understand why people would come into this thread without having beat the game. I avoided this thread like wildfire until I beat the game because I didn't want to be anywhere near spoilers.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
omg rite said:
Platinum? Platinum what?

Yeah, what exactly happens when you fully upgrade a weapon?

Also, can someone explain what this "egg trick" is all about?

When you fully upgrade a weapon, you'll be able to use exchange points to buy infinite ammo for it after you've beaten the game. Also depending on which particular gun you've maxed, you may get to buy a brand new weapon otherwise unobtainable(default of each type of gun).

The egg trick uses duplication to make a shitload of rotten eggs. The hardest part is just actually getting the egg, but then you give it to a partner, quit and DON'T save the current inventory so you have it back, and your partner quits and DOES save it to now have the egg. You slowly work that up until you have 5 in each slot, then you can take turns selling off your whole load, duplicating the next, etc.

Boulayman

Dark FaZe said:
Wait wtf are you referring to?

in one file near the end of the game ( I think right before you get the to the satellite gun stuff) they list Level 9 and 10 clearance umbrella employee and what happened to them. All level 9 are dead. And from what I remember, there were 5 or 6 level 10 people. Most are dead except 2: some girl named Jenny who is missing and another guy who is in jail. Carlos is mentionned as having been retrieved interrogated and then eliminated

ZeoVGM

Banned
Papercuts said:
When you fully upgrade a weapon, you'll be able to use exchange points to buy infinite ammo for it after you've beaten the game. Also depending on which particular gun you've maxed, you may get to buy a brand new weapon otherwise unobtainable(default of each type of gun).

Oh, cool. How does this work with the grenade launcher, as you can't upgrade that.

LiK

AnEternalEnigma said:
I don't understand why people would come into this thread without having beat the game. I avoided this thread like wildfire until I beat the game because I didn't want to be anywhere near spoilers.

yea, same here.

Neiteio

omg rite said:
Oh, cool. How does this work with the grenade launcher, as you can't upgrade that.
No infinite ammo on the grenade launcher, sadly. You can get infinite ammo for every other ammo-based weapon, though.

LiK

Neiteio said:
No infinite ammo on the grenade launcher, sadly. You can get infinite ammo for every other ammo-based weapon, though.

yea, kinda weird since you can get the infinite ammo rocket launcher which kills everything. at least money is not an issue once you're all maxed out.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Neiteio said:

So only the stuff you can upgrade then (so I assume not the rocket launcher), once I beat the game, I can buy infinite ammo for the fully upgraded weapon? Cool cool.

I'm going through the game from lowest to highest difficulty. Is there a sort of New Game+, where I can beat it on easy then start normal with all my weapons being upgraded to wherever I left off on easy?

And if so, will the achievement/trophy for beating that difficulty still go through? Does it not count on leaderboards?

Edit: WTF, rocket launcher works?

Neiteio

omg rite said:
So only the stuff you can upgrade then (so I assume not the rocket launcher), once I beat the game, I can buy infinite ammo for the fully upgraded weapon? Cool cool.

I'm going through the game from lowest to highest difficulty. Is there a sort of New Game+, where I can beat it on easy then start normal with all my weapons being upgraded to wherever I left off on easy?

And if so, will the achievement/trophy for beating that difficulty still go through? Does it not count on leaderboards?

Edit: WTF, rocket launcher works?
If a weapon can be upgraded, infinite ammo can be unlocked for it. The rocket launcher is the exception. The rocket launcher cannot be upgraded, BUT if your total time on any one difficulty is less than five hours, you'll unlock the infinite rocket launcher, no exchange points required. Just go to Chapter Select once you beat the game, look at the total time listed for a given difficulty, and then keep replaying stages in that difficulty until you bring the overall time below five hours. Then go to 3-1, pick up the free rocket launcher on the shipwreck in the middle of the marsh, and voila; infinite ammo, so long as you turn the feature on in Special Options. You can even go back into 3-1 to pick up the rocket launcher a second time so both you AND your co-op partner have Infinite Rocket Launchers. :D

As for carrying over your inventory from one difficulty to another, yep, you always have access to all your stuff on any difficulty. In fact, you could switch the difficulty right now and you'll have access to all your stuff. It's more arcadey that way.

On another note, about the grenade launcher: use it correctly and that thing's a beast in Versus mode. Half of the ammo types induce significant damage AND flinching animation (i.e. shaking off flames, being zapped, frozen, et al). But for me the appeal is more visceral; nothing like the wah-CHUK of launching high-speed volleys of explosive death. :D

Boulayman

Talking about ammo, one thing that I realized in the later stages of the game is that when you upgrade the capacity of a weapon, it also throws in free ammunition and it's a great deal since upgrading the capacity is dirt cheap compared to the other upgrades and I was having a hard time with ammo in some sections of the game. I wish I had figured that out sooner :lol

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"The rocket launcher cannot be upgraded, BUT if your total time on any one difficulty is less than five hours, you'll unlock the infinite rocket launcher, no exchange points required."

Yep Im about to get the infinite rocket launcher. I've got just a hair under 2 hrs to complete chapter 6-3 on normal... :lol

First beat the game on amateur to experience the story without alot of grief. After i complete normal, its on to veteran.

How much of a hassle will it be finishing veteran and pro with infinite ammo on a bunch of weapons, and the rocket launcher?

Neiteio

Boulayman said:
Talking about ammo, one thing that I realized in the later stages of the game is that when you upgrade the capacity of a weapon, it also throws in free ammunition and it's a great deal since upgrading the capacity is dirt cheap compared to the other upgrades and I was having a hard time with ammo in some sections of the game. I wish I had figured that out sooner :lol
Another trick is selling spare weapons, which gives you the ammo. So for instance, say I need magnum ammo. First I go to 3-1, get the emblems and enter the village, grab the six-shooter there, and save and quit. Next I sell the six-shooter, move the magnum ammo left in my inventory to the safebox by selecting Remove, and hit Continue to start from the Village checkpoint. Then I simply grab the six-shooter again and repeat the process, each time gaining magnum rounds, not to mention pocketing some cash. Not bad. :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
"The rocket launcher cannot be upgraded, BUT if your total time on any one difficulty is less than five hours, you'll unlock the infinite rocket launcher, no exchange points required."

Yep Im about to get the infinite rocket launcher. I've got just a hair under 2 hrs to complete chapter 6-3 on normal... :lol

First beat the game on amateur to experience the story without alot of grief. After i complete normal, its on to veteran.

How much of a hassle will it be finishing veteran and pro with infinite ammo on a bunch of weapons, and the rocket launcher?
You'll breeze through Vet no problem, Pro is a bitch no matter what. You really need to have a lot of the good weapons maxed with infinite ammo for pro.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
RoboPlato said:
You'll breeze through Vet no problem, Pro is a bitch no matter what. You really need to have a lot of the good weapons maxed with infinite ammo for pro.

I have the first handgun maxed out and inf ammo, the first machine gun (cant remember the name), the longbow, gatling gun, the magnum and i have inf ammo available for the Hydra, but i havent bought it yet from the special menu.

Would any of those with inf ammo make pro mode an easier time?

Neiteio

RoboPlato said:
Pro is EPIC. You can die from a couple gunshots on Pro; that provides tension and realism. And come to think of it, it seems whenever my co-op partner or I were hit by anything we went straight to Dying. It really encourages you and your partner to stick close together so you can revive him or her the moment he/she is hit and goes into Dying. It also encourages you to make clever use of the environment; you'll never want to leave your back vulnerable. I loved it.

LiK

yea, infinite ammo is a must for Pro. you'll hardly find any ammo drops. all i kept getting were gold. but you should have a bunch of infinite ammo weapons by the time you play Pro, imo. i had infinite ammo for S&W M500, rockat launcher and my trusty Hydra. Pro was made easy with these three weapons.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
sloppyjoe_gamer said:
I have the first handgun maxed out and inf ammo, the first machine gun (cant remember the name), the longbow, gatling gun, the magnum and i have inf ammo available for the Hydra, but i havent bought it yet from the special menu.

Would any of those with inf ammo make pro mode an easier time?
L.Hawk, Hydra, Rocket Launcher, and a Rifle all with infinite ammo are what I'm using to get through Pro and it's working out fine. I also gave the AI an infinite S&W 500.

Neiteio said:
Pro is EPIC. You can die from a couple gunshots on Pro; that provides tension and realism. And come to think of it, it seems whenever my co-op partner or I were hit by anything we went straight to Dying. It really encourages you and your partner to stick close together so you can revive him or her the moment he/she is hit and goes into Dying. It also encourages you to make clever use of the environment; you'll never want to leave your back vulnerable. I loved it.
I never said it wasn't fun, just said that it's hard as shit. :D

Neiteio

A word of warning to those attempting Pro: Irving will own the shit out of you. My buddy and I had to cheat with the rocket launcher on that one, although I suspect we came close to beating him without it several times. All in all it took 40+ tries before we said "Screw it" and blew him to smithereens. It IS possible to beat the bosses on Pro without rockets, though. You'll just have to play with either infinite ammo or a huge stockpile of ammo, and zero mistakes.

In Irving's case, don't bother with the turrets, even though they look cool and are fun to use; your regular weapons will serve you better on Pro. We had great success cutting his tentacles with shotties (Hydra for range, thank you), and shooting Irving's eye with the L. Hawk as he swam around. The QTEs are the tricky part; when he stabs at you you'll have to hit the right buttons and FAST.

Pro mode made me sweat. It's rare that games do that these days.

EDIT: RoboPlato, I knew what you meant, and I wasn't disagreeing. :D

Boulayman

Neiteio said:

Wow.... Btw, do the melee and bulletproof vest make a big difference ? I had them both equipped on Chris the whole time but I didn't really notice a difference since well I hardly got myself hit by regular foes in the first place (in normal mode only though, I assume their aiming and reaction/speed get a lot better in harder difficulties). If anhything having both equipped made managing my equipment far tougher.

LiK

heh, judging from what you guys have said, i think guys should try playing some sections in Pro in Solo. the AI does a pretty good job avoiding the enemy attacks. i beat Irving in Pro on my first try in Solo.

the most i died was 13x in the 5-3 boss fight with Jill. that's where the Sheva AI failed me.

Boulayman

LiK said:
heh, judging from what you guys have said, i think guys should try playing some sections in Pro in Solo. the AI does a pretty good job avoiding the enemy attacks. i beat Irving in Pro on my first try in Solo.

the most i died was 13x in the 5-3 boss fight with Jill. that's where the Sheva AI failed me.

Yeah I played the whole game with AI only and she does a good job in most situations but she was really stupid during that Jill fight. For some reason, she kicked some serious ass during the final Wesker one.

Neiteio

Boulayman said:
Wow.... Btw, do the melee and bulletproof vest make a big difference ? I had them both equipped on Chris the whole time but I didn't really notice a difference since well I hardly got myself hit by regular foes in the first place (in normal mode only though, I assume their aiming and reaction/speed get a lot better in harder difficulties). If anhything having both equipped made managing my equipment far tougher.
They're fairly useless in Pro where just about every hit will put you in Dying. That being said, I kept them on because they looked cool. :lol

For the lower difficulties (Amateur, Normal, Veteran), they do make a difference. I can't remember if they halve damage or quarter it, but it's significant enough to merit wearing it in tight situations.

Here's what my buddy and I use. I play Chris with the Melee and Bulletproof vests, the L. Hawk magnum, the H&K MP5 machine-gun, the Hydra shotgun, the H&K PSG-1 rifle, the Infinite Rocket Launcher, and two First Aid Sprays. I love the Hydra's spreadshot and long-range efficacy, the accuracy and piercing of the L. Hawk and H&K MP5 (great for armored foes), and the 2x scope of the H&K PSG-1.

My partner, who plays Sheva, has the Melee and Bulletproof vests, the H&K P8 handgun (with piercing), the VZ61 machine-gun (spray headshots for high fatality rates), the M3 shotgun (highest stopping power among shotties), the Dragunov SVD rifle (probably the best rifle in the game), the Infinite Rocket Launcher, and two First Aid Sprays.

Together, we are quite a formidable team. :D

AnEternalEnigma said:
You do this because of the implicit understanding that someone somewhere is going to be an arse and spoil shit. You shouldn't fault others for having higher expectations of people.

LiK

Boulayman said:
Yeah I played the whole game with AI only and she does a good job in most situations but she was really stupid during that Jill fight. For some reason, she kicked some serious ass during the final Wesker one.

yea, i have NO IDEA why Sheva wouldn't heal me when i got knocked down by Jill. she was right next to me too. so weird when she was so reliable in other sections.

and i totally agree, in the final two Wesker fights in 6-3, Sheva avoided all his attacks and it gave me plenty of time to take him out. also on ym first try with no problems. i was actually quite surprised how easy the final 3 chapters were in Pro.

Neiteio

LiK said:

Wow, that's amazing. I heard AI Sheva is great for Ndesu on Pro, but I never considered using her on Irving. It makes sense, though; the AI is flawless at executing QTEs, which Irving launches at you lickity-split with his tentacle attacks. (Speaking of which, I love how the game baits you with Irving's human body so you'll ignore the tentacles rising up around you for the kill.)

LiK

Neiteio said:
Wow, that's amazing. I heard AI Sheva is great for Ndesu on Pro, but I never considered using her on Irving. It makes sense, though; the AI is flawless at executing QTEs, which Irving launches at you lickity-split with his tentacle attacks. (Speaking of which, I love how the game baits you with Irving's human body so you'll ignore the tentacles rising up around you for the kill.)

yea, the QTE stuff is where the AI excels most so it's probably why i'm a lil confused about the Pro frustrations. i think co-op is actually worse in Pro because of that. i tried playing co-op in Normal with a friend last night and it was definitely annoying to die when he forgot to press the QTE buttons, even tho i warned him. :lol

but yea, any sections which require a lot of QTE should be played in Solo if you're having major problems in co-op on Pro.

Boulayman

800px-2002_martin_lawrence_live_runteldat_001.jpg

Martin Lawrence: Hey, I am Martin Lawrence and I was in the most badass buddy cop movie ever: Bad boys ! Me + will are the most formidable team ever !

Neiteio said:
They're fairly useless in Pro where just about every hit will put you in Dying. That being said, I kept them on because they looked cool. :lol

For the lower difficulties (Amateur, Normal, Veteran), they do make a difference. I can't remember if they halve damage or quarter it, but it's significant enough to merit wearing it in tight situations.

Here's what my buddy and I use. I play Chris with the Melee and Bulletproof vests, the L. Hawk magnum, the H&K MP5 machine-gun, the Hydra shotgun, the H&K PSG-1 rifle, the Infinite Rocket Launcher, and two First Aid Sprays. I love the Hydra's spreadshot and long-range efficacy, the accuracy and piercing of the L. Hawk and H&K MP5 (great for armored foes), and the 2x scope of the H&K PSG-1.

My partner, who plays Sheva, has the Melee and Bulletproof vests, the H&K P8 handgun (with piercing), the VZ61 machine-gun (spray headshots for high fatality rates), the M3 shotgun (highest stopping power among shotties), the Dragunov SVD rifle (probably the best rifle in the game), the Infinite Rocket Launcher, and two First Aid Sprays.

Together, we are quite a formidable team.
:D

bad%20boys%202%20SPLASH.jpg

Martin Lawrence: Hey, I am Martin Lawrence and I was in the most badass buddy cop movie ever: Bad boys ! Me + will are the second most formidable team ever !

:lol

Pojo

Banned
Pro with infinite ammo is still pretty intense. I did find a cheap way to beat a certain brainwashed partner, though...just keep using the flash grenades or the flash rounds in the grenade launcher. Otherwise, the fight is hell.

I really want to try with non-upgtaded weapons later on...yeesh.

Neiteio

My partner and I should dedicate a weekend to beating Pro Irving with no rocket launchers. The only reason we used the RL cop-out is because it was four in the morning. We wanted to keep trying but we had to exercise some restraint. :lol

I still have major issues with how the AI acts for Sheva, but I managed to get through Professional without TOO much trouble. The early stages are really no problem, and by the time I made it to the later ones I had gotten to the point where I was at least comfortable covering for sheva. I had a inf Sw 500 and Sheva had my Inf L. hawk, with no vests and I got past it all. She is a great shot and really helped with the right weapon, but she can't be trusted to stand in the right place of heal you effectively on professional so watch out.

Boulayman

LiK said:
yea, i have NO IDEA why Sheva wouldn't heal me when i got knocked down by Jill. she was right next to me too. so weird when she was so reliable in other sections.

and i totally agree, in the final two Wesker fights in 6-3, Sheva avoided all his attacks and it gave me plenty of time to take him out. also on ym first try with no problems. i was actually quite surprised how easy the final 3 chapters were in Pro.

I think her Ai had a hard time coping with Jill's speed. She kept getting in the line of fire, not healing, running around like a headless chicken. On the other hand, Wesker is very slow in the final fights (especially the very last one) so she was able to perform better. That's just a random theory I'm throwing out there.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok, so when i finally tackle pro, would you guys recommend putting Sheva on 'attack' as opposed to 'cover' as long as she would have a weapon with inf ammo?

LiK

BobTheFork said:
I still have major issues with how the AI acts for Sheva, but I managed to get thorugh Professional without TOO much trouble. The early stages are really no problem, and by the time I made it to the later ones I had gotten to the point where I was at least comfortable covering for sheva. I had a inf Sw 500 and Sheva had my Inf L. hawk, with no vests and I got past it all. She is a great shot and really helped with the right weapon, but she can't be trusted to stand in the right place of heal you effectively on professional so watch out.

yea, i had Sheva with the L Hawk as well and she's a perfect shot with it. she can take out dudes that usually require a rifle. i love AI aim :lol

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Ok, so when i finally tackle pro, would you guys recommend putting Sheva on 'attack' as opposed to 'cover' as long as she would have a weapon with inf ammo?

cover 90% of the time but i had her in attack mode for certain sections so she would switch over to the rocket launcher and help me clear out some areas.

Neiteio

Boulayman said:
*Martin Lawrence goodness*
Oh hell yes. :lol

BobTheFork said:
I still have major issues with how the AI acts for Sheva, but I managed to get thorugh Professional without TOO much trouble. The early stages are really no problem, and by the time I made it to the later ones I had gotten to the point where I was at least comfortable covering for sheva. I had a inf Sw 500 and Sheva had my Inf L. hawk, with no vests and I got past it all. She is a great shot and really helped with the right weapon, but she can't be trusted to stand in the right place of heal you effectively on professional so watch out.
That's a pretty good summation of the AI's strengths/weaknesses in my experience. My only problem with AI Sheva is she heals you as soon as you hit a certain threshold (although to be fair, it CAN be useful), and you can't manage her inventory in-game without exchanging or discarding an item to make room (although you can manage it before levels and at checkpoints).
I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom issued a patch for this.
Other than that, AI Sheva is great. She'll always hit her QTEs, and I've heard that during a battle with a certain brainwashed person, AI Sheva will always shoot the device and hit her mark. Plus, it's handy having someone who can defend herself and free you when you're grabbed by a Majini or hugged by a spider. :D

Pojo said:
Pro with infinite ammo is still pretty intense. I did find a cheap way to beat a certain brainwashed partner, though...just keep using the flash grenades or the flash rounds in the grenade launcher. Otherwise, the fight is hell.

I really want to try with non-upgtaded weapons later on...yeesh.
I know it's technically feasible to beat Pro with non-upgraded weapons, but DAMN. You'd need some insane amount of skill to pull it off. I think four years from now I'll still be trying. O_O

Dave1988

Neiteio, you're wrong. The Hydra is the most powerful shotgun in the game. Sure, the stats say the the M3 has a higher raw power, however, it only fires one pellet. The Hydra fires three pellets and can do up to 1650 dmg per blast.

Just my two cents.

OriginX

Im starting really enjoy versus. The music gets kind of old after a while, but ill just throw something else on when that happens. One somewhat serious quirk i have with the horrible framerate drop at times. Has anyone else had a problem with the framerate going to absolute shit randomly in versus?

Neiteio

Dave1988 said:
Neiteio, you're wrong. The Hydra is the most powerful shotgun in the game. Sure, the stats say the the M3 has a higher raw power, however, it only fires one pellet. The Hydra fires three pellets and can do up to 1650 dmg per blast.

Just my two cents.
So is it fact that it's calculated that way? I was under the impression from guides that the numbers represent overall hitting power, as in the sum total of all pellets, i.e. one pellet from the M3 equal 3,000 while three pellets from the Hydra equals 1,650.

I certainly wouldn't complain if the Hydra was strongest, because that's the shotty I use (one-handed shooting stance ftw!), but I'd still like some clarification toward this end.

OriginX said:
Im starting really enjoy versus. The music gets kind of old after a while, but ill just throw something else on when that happens. One somewhat serious quirk i have with the horrible framerate drop at times. Has anyone else had a problem with the framerate going to absolute shit randomly in versus?
Versus appears to be peer-to-peer, so chances are there'll always be at least a little lag. It probably depends on everyone's connection. I've had a couple matches that really stuttered (most notably in the form of a door blasting open a second or two after I kicked it), but most run very smooth.

Glad you like Versus. I love it, even if it's frustrating as hell listening to some of the jerks who play it.

LiK said:
i would recommend the licker section in 5-2. just keep restarting from that checkpoint and you should get 12,500 every time. play for 30 minutes and you should get a ton of cash.

egg trick is impossible for the PS3 version, right?
Hey, I wanted to ask about 5-2. Should I quit out and comtinue, or just restart the checkpoint? I've tried it a few times now and if I restart the checkpoint, it doesn't let me keep any of the gems I pick up from the lickers. What specifically should I do?

Top Bottom