• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I bought the versus back, Decided too since I got some free points.

Its been fun, But what the heck is with losers and quitting out of the game? I even sent a message to one because its getting depressing.

GuessWho

MirageDwarf said:
Gave her L. Hawk. Works out pretty good. Thanks.

By the way, I SERIOUSLY FUCKING HATE when after this much evolution in game designs, developers go for qt. To make is more painful, it is totally fucking random. You hardly get fraction of second on pro mode to comprehend and press buttons. Fuck ndesu. and Fuck Capcom.

WHY THE FUCKING HELL do developers think of this as a good gameplay design?

just press XAB at the same time it works.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
shintoki said:
I bought the versus back, Decided too since I got some free points.

Its been fun, But what the heck is with losers and quitting out of the game? I even sent a message to one because its getting depressing.

I have to admit I quitted a couple of times :(, but that's because I get frustrated with people who dedicate their entire match in killing me inSlayer.

dgenx said:
I have to admit I quitted a couple of times :(, but that's because I get frustrated with people who dedicate their entire match in killing me inSlayer.

There's no excuse for ragequitting like a bitch.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The bitching about QTE is so lame. You'd be just sitting there watching the scene anyway, so they add something extra for you to do. If you die, it's not like it sends you back to the start of the chapter or anything. You get to restart it right there.

Well that, and it's easy as hell. I haven't played pro yet, but if it's harder there, then it should be. On the first three difficulty levels, you should almost never die from QTEs.

Miburou said:
I agree it sucks, but as I mentioned earlier, just press all 3 face buttons (either together or in quick succession) and you should pass every QTE.

GuessWho said:
just press XAB at the same time it works.

When am I supposed to hit these buttons? When qte starts? I tried like 50 times to fail again and again.

----

Dumb bitch Sheva never ever takes out majinis. Frequently, when I get a chance to hit that parasite or whatever it's called, three majinis would respawn. By the time I kill them, asshole ndesu is back up again.

Wasted more than two hours. This is a first chapter I'm trying on pro mode. I'm gonna try this couple of times of more and give up pro mode. Fucking cheap ass developers.

desverger

Awesome. Just finished my second playthrough on Amateur, with m3 infinite ammo and getting S-rank on every chapter. I love how the game changes and becomes an entirely different on subsequent playthroughs. My first run was with a friend on Vet, and in there it was a great survival horror game. Now I did a speed/skill run on Amateur, and we're planning to play it through a third time with my friend on Pro, with infinite rocket launcher just trying to stay alive with everything we have :lol

I love this game to bits. Two more achievements to go and I'll join the 1000 club.

Please give me resi4 on the 360 with achievements and I'll buy it day 1 and play through it again.

Dyno

Well, this weekend I did everything that could be done with single player. All weapons upgraded, all treasures found, all emblems, all collectables... Man have I put some time into this game. It feels weird not being able to work for anything, which I've been doing for weeks now!

So on to Mercenaries!

I need some tips. So far a friend and I have gotten a C on Public Assembly with the initial Chris and Sheva. We get all the time bonus and live through it all but we're not getting the massive combos or kill count to unlock other stuff.

Do you guys play together, one person shadowing another? Do you split up? Are there safer areas to hole up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

joelseph

Somewhat OT but, I am looking to buy a friend a thank you gift and he is a huge RE fan. Have any cool recommendations for under $100 dollars? Thanks!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Dyno said:
Well, this weekend I did everything that could be done with single player. All weapons upgraded, all treasures found, all emblems, all collectables... Man have I put some time into this game. It feels weird not being able to work for anything, which I've been doing for weeks now!

So on to Mercenaries!

I need some tips. So far a friend and I have gotten a C on Public Assembly with the initial Chris and Sheva. We get all the time bonus and live through it all but we're not getting the massive combos or kill count to unlock other stuff.

Do you guys play together, one person shadowing another? Do you split up? Are there safer areas to hole up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you just want to unlock characters and get a decent rank before going hardcore and memorizing spawn points, then I'd advise you to split up. If you're in different areas, more Majini will spawn I think. Then, you can communicate with each other to keep a combo going. Make sure to kill the boss characters too (preferably towards the end of a long combo).

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I keep playing Versus, and I still can't get the one man army Achievement, dammit!

Is there a way to know how many matches have you won? maybe by points? dunno D:

Gee

Just finished story mode with S rankings on all difficulty levels. I'm 55 hours in so far and never expected this game to entertain me for such a long time. Haven't even bought\played versus yet :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dgenx said:
I keep playing Versus, and I still can't get the one man army Achievement, dammit!

Is there a way to know how many matches have you won? maybe by points? dunno D:

That's the combo score of 20, right? Try a larger level for the One Man Army achievement. And you can do it in a one on one battle, I think.

There's no way to keep track of your match winnings, really. Especially if you plan on using the points to buy stuff. And if you kept track of how many points you spent/had at the start, then you might as well just keep a count of how many games you've won.

dgenx

One man army is the one when you win 30 Slayer matches , I already got the 20 combo one :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dgenx said:
One man army is the one when you win 30 Slayer matches , I already got the 20 combo one :D

Oh yeah. The only achivements I'm missing are the "30 wins" Achievements. I figured I'd just get them over time eventually, but the Team ones sort of depend on me having a partner who's still playing the game down the road. ;\

andthebeatgoeson

Is it impossible to do professional by yourself and the computer AI?

If anyone is interested, USA on xbox: skinnyrattler7.

Have you guys been getting good connections or do you have link up with someone close? Or are people just dropping out on me?

LiK

skinnyrattler said:

me and several guys here have completed Pro on Solo without any major problems. altho considering how much we played the game, it's a cinch for us :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I purchased the X360 version today after renting it for nearly a month on GF. I can't remember when I double dipped on a game and was this happy about it. I haven't even tried co-op so if anyone ever wants to have a go, let me know.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
LiK said:
me and several guys here have completed Pro on Solo without any major problems. altho considering how much we played the game, it's a cinch for us :lol

I did it.... (with some good tips from Lik..:lol )

The AI can suck at times but you learn to adapt and get through the levels. There were times when i was in danger and Sheva was right next to me and ignored me... The biggest obstacle you'll have is the 'one hit youre in danger' issue. I wouldn't call it a cinch, but it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it would be. GO FOR IT!!!!!

mr stroke said:
Just picked this game up today and quick question before I play

should I start co-op online?
or
single player?

If you have a friend that can play, definitely co-op. If you do have a friend and they have beaten the game, make sure they play with a clean slate and not any of the maxed out weapons. That will totally wreck your experience.

The AI is totally ass. Definitely play co-op first if you can.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You shouldn't be so down on the AI, its far better then the vast majority of players I've been in games with. Outside of standing in my way or hanging back for god knows what reason. Its not that bad.

As much as I want to say, Its not another game of save the dumbass.

Vitten

I'm hitting the limits of speedrunning with the AI at around 1h38. There's some chapters like 1-2 and chapter 4 where I could gain so much with a decent partner.
Playing online doesn't help, everybody I join up with takes it way too slow and I don't have a mic to shout at them :)
If any decent speedrunners here want to climb the Pro ladders, drop me a message ( PS3 tag Bellenaar-FZX ).

dgenx

I'm starting to think that One Man ARmy achievement is a legend... I keep winning and nothing :(

Edit: I got the achievement but I didn't get the pop up so I didn't knew till I check the list :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
momolicious said:
Just wondering. Is it true N'gai croal a journalist made capcom change alot of stuff in the game? Or is it just a rumor
short answer: no
long answer: NO.

momolicious said:
Just wondering. Is it true N'gai croal a journalist made capcom change alot of stuff in the game? Or is it just a rumor
The amount of Caucasian enemies increased after the racism controversy, but in the final game, skin color is hardly a factor. Human tragedy is the more important theme.

Dyno

skinnyrattler said:

It is possible and Sheva STILL kicks ass. She's not quick enough to heal you out of DYING status every time but she saved my bacon more than once. In previous pages I went into detail about Sheva being a great A.I. but some people can't see this. They think she is shit because she isn't their indentical telepathic twin.

I felt WAY more emotional attachment to Sheva than any dog that St. Peter was going on and on about.

Prime Blue said:
The amount of Caucasian enemies increased after the racism controversy, but in the final game, skin color is hardly a factor. Human tragedy is the more important theme.

Absolutely! The 'enemies' story of their fall is written quite clearly on their bodies. I did feel rather sorry for them throughout.

Is it normal to be getting a green tint in some indoor areas? (360 version btw)

95% of the time the game looks fantastic, but sometimes (eg: some rooms in the first two chapters, also the caves in 4-1 and in the Mines and Ruins levels in Mercs) there's the green look to the lighting.

Whereas all of the outdoor areas look fantastic.

Anybody else noticed this?

Sectus

_Alkaline_ said:
Is it normal to be getting a green tint in some indoor areas? (360 version btw)

95% of the time the game looks fantastic, but sometimes (eg: some rooms in the first two chapters, also the caves in 4-1 and in the Mines and Ruins levels in Mercs) there's the green look to the lighting.

Whereas all of the outdoor areas look fantastic.

Anybody else noticed this?
Post processing filter. Many of the outdoor areas have a yellow tint.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Developers, take note:

When you freaking filter the leaderboards to "friends only", could you please include your own Gamertag in that list. A lot of developers do this and a lot don't. RE5 is in the don't and it's annoying. :(

omg rite said:
Developers, take note:

When you freaking filter the leaderboards to "friends only", could you please include your own Gamertag in that list. A lot of developers do this and a lot don't. RE5 is in the don't and it's annoying. :(

Capcom does this with all their games. It's fucking retarded.

USD

omg rite said:
Developers, take note:

RE5's interface problems go far beyond that. Being kicked back to the menu after failing to join a game is the most annoying shit ever.

Sectus

figure-33.jpg

That took a lot longer than I had thought @_@

15 screenshots composited together, and the quality isn't as good as I had hoped. I had a problem with the perspective slightly changing which made it look all weird when combining a few screenshots. So I cropped each screenshot to minimize the amount of perspective change, added some smoothing, spent way too much time, and there you go. Super duper highres 1676x2528 figure screenshot: http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/RE5/figure.jpg

Here's a wip just before I finished it, it has no smoothing and no effort into removing the background so you can see exactly where each screenshot is combined: http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/TzarSectus/RE5/figure-wip.jpg

In other news, Josh is very silly. I noticed that in 3-2 when you have to run to his boat, all he does is wave his hand over and over and over and over and over and over again. Like this:
josh.gif

And I discovered a magical feature of the Hydra. Chris and Wesker may have a fancy pose when using it. But Sheva's boobs magically jiggle every time you simply equip the shotgun:
hydra-low.gif

And because this post just isn't big enough already, here's a ton of random screenshots I took!

Comp10001019.jpg

Comp10001702.jpg

Comp10002027.jpg

Comp10010214.jpg

Comp10010220.jpg

Comp10010222.jpg

Comp10010908.jpg

Comp10011321.jpg

Comp10012104.jpg

Comp10012802.jpg

Comp10013925.jpg

Comp10014200.jpg

Comp10014514.jpg

Comp10014726.jpg

Comp10015516.jpg

Comp10015905.jpg

Comp10020413.jpg

Comp10020703.jpg

Comp10020710.jpg

Comp10021615.jpg

Comp10021724.jpg

Comp10023003.jpg

Comp10025421.jpg

Comp10025518.jpg

Comp10025523.jpg

Comp10025600.jpg

Comp10030527.jpg

Comp10031818.jpg

Comp10031824.jpg

Comp10032707.jpg

Comp10035716.jpg

Comp10040312.jpg

Comp10041903.jpg

Comp10043204.jpg

Comp10050703.jpg

Comp10052210.jpg

Comp10055100.jpg

Comp10063418.jpg

Comp10063721.jpg

Comp10070314.jpg

Comp10093001.jpg

Comp10093111.jpg

dgenx

YOu just destroyed my college connection with all that pics

but the boob jigglin made it worth it :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow. What a post. Some really awesome captures there, Sectus.

Sectus said:
And I discovered a magical feature of the Hydra. Chris and Wesker may have a fancy pose when using it. But Sheva's boobs magically jiggle every time you simply equip the shotgun:]

The same happens whenever Tribal Sheva fires her bow. It's pretty distracting. :lol

EDIT: Are all the other composites somewhere in this thread? I'll do a search later, but linkies would be awesome.

EekTheKat

I actually just noticed this : Sunglasses seem to block the effects of the flash grenade somewhat in Mercenaries.

You still see the explosion of light, but it doesn't disorient you, and there's no real annoying after effect.

Just an extra quirk with Chris and Wesker I guess.

ZeoVGM

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Capcom does this with all their games. It's fucking retarded.

I started playing DMC4 tonight, and at least they list your score at the very bottom of your friends. I don't quite get the logic of not putting your score in the correct place, rather than the bottom, but it's a start?

On another note, I want to give a big fuck you to the "The Works" achievement. It's the only single-player one left that I need, other than beating Professional, and it's a pain in the ass.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
omg rite said:
On another note, I want to give a big fuck you to the "The Works" achievement. It's the only single-player one left that I need, other than beating Professional, and it's a pain in the ass.

An easy way to get "The Works," find a Big Man Majini and throw a flash grenade. Run up and melee, your AI partner will run up and melee (or tell your human partner, since you want the Achievement), then run up and melee for the finisher.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
omg rite said:
Ah, okay. I tried using the weakest possible shotgun blast, but we only got in 2 of the 3 attacks before he died.

Hm, what difficulty are you playing on? But the flash grenade should do it, anyways.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
GuardianE said:
An easy way to get "The Works," find a Big Man Majini and throw a flash grenade. Run up and melee, your AI partner will run up and melee (or tell your human partner, since you want the Achievement), then run up and melee for the finisher.

Yup....that's how i got it too.

So am I missing something? I took my copy of RE5 over to a friends house to play Split-Screen and can't find the option. The demo had it, so...Where is it in the final game? Can't fucking find it.

Top Bottom