• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ToyMachine228 said:
So am I missing something? I took my copy of RE5 over to a friends house to play Split-Screen and can't find the option. The demo had it, so...Where is it in the final game? Can't fucking find it.

It's different from the demo.

Just start a single player game and have your friend press start on a second controller.

GuardianE said:
An easy way to get "The Works," find a Big Man Majini and throw a flash grenade. Run up and melee, your AI partner will run up and melee (or tell your human partner, since you want the Achievement), then run up and melee for the finisher.
Hey, thanks! I wasn't exactly sure how to get it, but this helped tremendously--I'm trying it now.

Insaniac said:
CAPCOM: PATCH SLAYERS AND REMOVE THE ABILITY TO ATTACK OTHER PLAYERS.
That's ridiculous. Being able to interfere with other players to keep them from stealing your kills is a valid tactic. Killing other players to keep your combo going in a clutch is also a valid tactic. Yes, you get some people who become obsessed with chasing other players around for the duration of the match. But, so what? In my experience, they'll almost assuredly lose the match passing by all those other Majini.

Insaniac

Attack You said:
That's ridiculous. Being able to interfere with other players to keep them from stealing your kills is a valid tactic. Killing other players to keep your combo going in a clutch is also a valid tactic. Yes, you get some people who become obsessed with chasing other players around for the duration of the match. But, so what? In my experience, they'll almost assuredly lose the match passing by all those other Majini.

I'd agree with you, IF the characters were balanced, but they are not. In the last 5 games I've played i've encountered too many STARS weskers actively hunting players down with their Hydra to make this fun at all. And no, I did not win either. It's impossible to maintain a combo when being chased or shot at constantly. At least give us the option to disable it.

that being said, i was playing on a small level (public assembly) but still, very annoying

Nemesis_

Insaniac said:
I'd agree with you, IF the characters were balanced, but they are not. In the last 5 games I've played i've encountered too many STARS weskers actively hunting players down with their Hydra to make this fun at all. And no, I did not win either. It's impossible to maintain a combo when being chased or shot at constantly. At least give us the option to disable it.

that being said, i was playing on a small level (public assembly) but still, very annoying
I dunno, usually I'd agree with you but I've seen soo many times when BS Jill or even Safari Chris can beat a STARS Wesker almost every time. I suppose it comes down the the player in that situation though.

I understand why people think he's cheap, but the weapon takes ages to reload without using the menu trick, which a lot of people don't do.

I dunno, I like that idea of Slayers, it makes it very easy to win if you are coming behind by QUITE a lot.

Insaniac

Nemesis556 said:
I dunno, usually I'd agree with you but I've seen soo many times when BS Jill or even Safari Chris can beat a STARS Wesker almost every time. I suppose it comes down the the player in that situation though.

I understand why people think he's cheap, but the weapon takes ages to reload without using the menu trick, which a lot of people don't do.

I dunno, I like that idea of Slayers, it makes it very easy to win if you are coming behind by QUITE a lot.

okay, well someone who is focusing on getting combos may not pay attention to the GPS and not notice a player coming up on them, in which if stars wesker gets 1 hydra shot on you, you're pretty much doomed. You can run, but if they chase you, you'll just both end up not getting any kills, plus its fscking boring just running away.

Insaniac said:

You're right, the characters are not balanced. But, they do excel over other characters in certain situations. You're basically screwed trying to fight the Hydra or any magnum user close range. I use Battle Suit Jill exclusively, so my approach is skewed greatly towards her playstyle. I know I've gotten my share of death threats for sniping from a distance, scoring headshots that would be impossible with other characters beside Sheva. Jill and Sheva can also snipe from pretty much any point of the map on Facility, because the wire mesh walls don't (seem to) stop bullets. Completely unfair to Chris and Wesker players.

zoukka

Yes I finally got this game. Can't believe it took so long. So before starting I would like to know how do you do the tag team moves I've heard of? Couldn't pull them off in the demo back then.

FINALLY.

cvxfreak

hydra-low.gif

Good eye. :lol

-Winnie-

zoukka said:
Yes I finally got this game. Can't believe it took so long. So before starting I would like to know how do you do the tag team moves I've heard of? Couldn't pull them off in the demo back then.

FINALLY.

Melee an enemy once, and when they stumble back, your partner can melee them again. Most enemies will fall over after the first or second hit, though, making it hard to get the full 3 hit combo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
-Winnie- said:
Melee an enemy once, and when they stumble back, your partner can melee them again. Most enemies will fall over after the first or second hit, though, making it hard to get the full 3 hit combo.

More than that, though, you have to start the combo off with a specific hit from a specific direction. Look on Youtube for details, but for example (completely made up) you would have to have a Majini between Chris and Sheva, have Sheva shoot the Majini in the elbow from behind, then proceed to ping pong the Majini back and forth.

Your character's placement (front/behind) and where the enemy is hit are important.

LiK

GuardianE said:
The same happens whenever Tribal Sheva fires her bow. It's pretty distracting. :lol

:lol did you try rewatching the cutscenes with her in that outfit? they made the boobs bounce more so they look pretty funny in certain scenes when she's running. one of the "perks" to unlocking that outfit. thank you Capcom (once again). ;)

GuardianE said:
An easy way to get "The Works," find a Big Man Majini and throw a flash grenade. Run up and melee, your AI partner will run up and melee (or tell your human partner, since you want the Achievement), then run up and melee for the finisher.

yup, that's what i did too. there's a guy on Youtube who made a video guide for it. super easy achievement.

Nemesis_

LiK said:
:lol did you try rewatching the cutscenes with her in that outfit? they made the boobs bounce more so they look pretty funny in certain scenes when she's running. one of the "perks" to unlocking that outfit. thank you Capcom (once again). ;
I never really noticed this. Mind you, most of the time I was either watching Excella or thinking about Excella when playing.

I'm not perverted.

LiK

Nemesis556 said:
I never really noticed this. Mind you, most of the time I was either watching Excella or thinking about Excella when playing.

I'm not perverted.

:lol there's one cutscene (i forget) where she's running up to Chris and there's some uber DOA-style jiggle. it looked so silly compared to her other outfits. i didn't mind them tho ;P

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LiK said:
:lol there's one cutscene (i forget) where she's running up to Chris and there's some uber DOA-style jiggle. it looked so silly compared to her other outfits. i didn't mind them tho ;P

Probably the one after the Gigante fight. It was hard to not notice during that one.

GriffD17

Sorry to bump this but I'm lttp. Bum rushing through the game as I have only rented it. I'm on chapter 6-3 and am not having much luck. If somebody wants to run through it with me send me a friend request.
XBL Gamertag: griffd17

Feindflug

We started a Pro playthrough yesterday with a friend and we didn't have much problems at least until 3-3 that we finished yesterday..we don't use infinite ammo but we have plenty of ammo and all the weapons fully upgraded and the game is still not that hard if you ask me (Hydra is a freakin' awesome weapon :p) - even though it's pretty obvious that Pro requires more cooperation between the players.

I've already played 52hrs and we still haven't touched Mercs and Versus - I love that the game is full of content (btw the film grain effect is really cool looking)...fuck the haters the game is amazing. :D

ravien56

so me and my bud just completed the game yesterday on normal, overall the game was pretty easy, we gonna do hard tomorrow, but pretty much we started 6-3 last nighy at 9:30 and finished at 11:45 after the credits were done, we just had no fucking idea how to beat human form wesker, we knew we had to use the rocket laucnher, we thought we had to shoot double rockets at him, tried that a few times, then we tried shooting the rockets then see if we cood administer the drug, still no dice then we thought we cood just shoot the shit out of him...nope, finally we got it. also, fuck quick time events. seriously, so many times we wud just be playing then some bullshit wud come up and we had to do it multiple times. overall though, good game.
edit: just read the previous page, omg i need those sheva costumes^^ how u get em?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ravien56 said:
edit: just read the previous page, omg i need those sheva costumes^^ how u get em?

Find all the BSAA Emblems, purchase it in the Bonus Features, and activate it in the Special Settings for Sheva Tribal.

Beat the game once for Sheva Clubbin', purchase it in the Bonus Features and activate it in the Special Settings.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
One S rank away from getting that last action figure!

*shakes fist*

Anyone know where any good treasure guides can be found? I'm missing 7 :(

Also how do you unlock Mercs characters? I have BSAA Jill... need moar!

McBradders said:
Question about this one:

Do you only need to get S rank for all the missions within one difficulty? is it a particular difficulty? or do you need to S rank all missions within every difficulty?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
McBradders said:

*shakes fist*

You need at least an "A" ranking on the respective Mercs level. Each level unlocks a character.

TenshiOni said:
Question about this one:

Do you only need to get S rank for all the missions within one difficulty? is it a particular difficulty? or do you need to S rank all missions within every difficulty?

You can get the S rank on any difficulty and across difficulties... as long as one of the difficulties has an S rank for that particular Chapter, then you've fulfilled the requirement for that Chapter.

GuardianE said:
You can get the S rank on any difficulty and across difficulties... as long as one of the difficulties has an S rank for that particular Chapter, then you've fulfilled the requirement for that Chapter.
Oh, that makes it so much easier.

Thanks.

USD

McBradders said:

*shakes fist*

One thing to know is that there are 50 teasures in the game, and even with all of them there should be 4 empty slots, so you're probably only missing three.

To unlock characters for The Mercenaries, you have to get an A rank on each stage. That's 40,000 points in Solo, or 90,000 in Duo if I remember correctly. Getting an A rank will also unlock new stages (since you only need a B rank to do that).

LiK

McBradders said:

check video guides on Youtube. tons of them and they show you exactly where they are which is easier than reading Gamefaqs (which have horrible location descriptions anyways).

Dyno

LiK said:
check video guides on Youtube. tons of them and they show you exactly where they are which is easier than reading Gamefaqs (which have horrible location descriptions anyways).

Some of the treasures are seriously diabolical in their placement and some only show up under special circumstances.

Some of the gems I remember...

Marquise Emerald can be found in Chapter 6.1. As soon as you start the level face the bow of the boat (opposite direction of the way you travel.) You can scope in on a guy. Shoot him. Then fight the first wave of Maijini and climb up the mast to the lookout. Look again to the bow of the boat and shoot the two guys standing on the crane. Now as you go through the rest of the boat you might find one or more of the three gems. They might also fade out.

Heart of Africa can be found in Chapter 5.3. You have to defeat Wesker before the 7 minutes are up. Force him to retreat and the heart shaped diamond will appear on the ground floor between the staircases.

Brilliant Ruby can be found in Chapter 2.2. There is a hidden passage towards the end of the mine. It's a path that cuts back and is practically invisible unless you are looking right at it. At the end of the path is a chest holding the ruby.

Dyno said:
Some of the treasures are seriously diabolical in their placement and some only show up under special circumstances.

Some of the gems I remember...

Marquise Emerald can be found in Chapter 6.1. As soon as you start the level face the bow of the boat (opposite direction of the way you travel.) You can scope in on a guy. Shoot him. Then fight the first wave of Maijini and climb up the mast to the lookout. Look again to the bow of the boat and shoot the two guys standing on the crane. Now as you go through the rest of the boat you might find one or more of the three gems. They might also fade out.

Heart of Africa can be found in Chapter 5.3. You have to defeat Wesker before the 7 minutes are up. Force him to retreat and the heart shaped diamond will appear on the ground floor between the staircases.

Brilliant Ruby can be found in Chapter 2.2. There is a hidden passage towards the end of the mine. It's a path that cuts back and is practically invisible unless you are looking right at it. At the end of the path is a chest holding the ruby.

And what about that gem in Chapter 1-1, you have to wipe out a few wave of majini, but there's no need to wipe out at all unless you know that one of those enemies can drop the gem, in the first playthrough because you simply have no ammo and you simply have to avoid them, and the next playthrough because it's an apparent waste of time.

I had a few Versus matches after some days, damn I feel a little rusted for about some time. :lol

There's a few less people that some days ago, Capcom should think in release a patch with new things....

GreekWolf

woot! Finally :D

hero.jpg

What an incredible experience. By far my game of the generation. Although, I do have to admit that I nearly had a conniption trying to complete the fight with
Wesker and Jill
on pro level. I nearly cracked my controller in half during that infuriating section.... but I somehow managed to luck out on my 15th attempt.

McBradders

USD said:
One thing to know is that there are 50 teasures in the game, and even with all of them there should be 4 empty slots, so you're probably only missing three.

To unlock characters for The Mercenaries, you have to get an A rank on each stage. That's 40,000 points in Solo, or 90,000 in Duo if I remember correctly. Getting an A rank will also unlock new stages (since you only need a B rank to do that).

Damn, I might be closer than I think. Eff.

Not sure if I should try a professional run. I've done so many playthroughs already, but the game is such a fucking joy :(

GreekWolf

McBradders said:
Not sure if I should try a professional run. I've done so many playthroughs already, but the game is such a fucking joy :(
waterboy_2.jpg

Believe me, it's a completely different experience. Exponentially more difficult than Veteran mode, but far more satisfying.

Unless, of course, you get stuck like I did at the end of chapter 5... then all bets are off.

Insaniac

Relaxed Muscle said:
And what about that gem in Chapter 1-1, you have to wipe out a few wave of majini, but there's no need to wipe out at all unless you know that one of those enemies can drop the gem, in the first playthrough because you simply have no ammo and you simply have to avoid them, and the next playthrough because it's an apparent waste of time.

I had a few Versus matches after some days, damn I feel a little rusted for about some time. :lol

There's a few less people that some days ago, Capcom should think in release a patch with new things....

there's also the one in the last
wesker fight you break that bunch of rocks before you fall down and get separated, and then jump to the little island and grab the jewel

dark_chris

I beat the game on Amateur on my first play through. I really enjoyed the game alot. =D
I just wished Barry and/or Rebecca was around. The old guys.
Loved Wesker's quotes. Pretty freakin funny to good.
The monsters were freaky and enjoyed the boss battles.
I plan to go through it on Veteran, then professional
If anyone wants to add me, this is my PSN - Christor87.
:D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
:lol :lol :lol

I found a hilarious glitch.

I was playing co-op on 5-3 Amateur in the fight with Jill and Wesker. My partner shot Jill to death and right before she died (although I heard her scream) I grabbed her from behind.

The result was both my partner and I were frozen when Jill broke out of the grab. Jill was standing still, clutching herself and with the facial expression as if in Dying status, but also unmoving. Only Wesker was moving, kicking, shooting, and trying to grab me, but Chris was invincible.

My partner was unable to move, so he eventually just left. I couldn't even open my menu screen to restart... I could control the camera, though (being in RE4 style controls). All other XBox functions were working... I could open up a channel, press the guide button, people requested to join my game and I could do nothing but stand there as Wesker taunted and kicked repeatedly.

I thought that after 7 minutes, Wesker might stop, but he didn't and so I had to quit to the Dashboard using the XBox Guide button.

Wtf?

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I wanted to give pro a shot alone, is it even possible tobeat?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
dgenx said:

It's hard, but not impossible. Some segments are actually easier with the AI.

A word of advice, AI Sheva actually tends to revive you faster if she doesn't have any health items.

edgefusion

GuardianE said:
It's hard, but not impossible. Some segments are actually easier with the AI.

A word of advice, AI Sheva actually tends to revive you faster if she doesn't have any health items.

Personally I'd recommend going through pro with just AI Sheva unless you already know someone you can play with who you can rely on being good. Most of the people playing co-op are complete 'tards who don't have a clue what they're doing.

dgenx said:

I did Chapters 1 to 4-1 solo, 4-2 with some random dude who kept getting killed and then friend requested me asking me to beat 2-3 for him, and then 5-1 to the end co-op with a friend.

I actually found it much easier solo. I just gave AI Chris a handgun with infinite ammo and left him on cover, and he was fine. The only real hard parts were the boss of 2-3 (was easier solo), the very start of 3-3 (probably easier co-op) and the boss of 5-3 (the way we ended up beating it would probably be easier solo as well).

With the exception of 2-3, all the levels I did solo I got s-ranks too. My co-op'd levels were a mix of S and A, so I plan to go back though those solo and s-rank'em when I get some time.

So yeah, I wouldn't worry about doing it solo. It's not nearly has hard as people made it out to be if you use the right weapons.

McBradders

I just tried to get an S-Rank in 6-3 on amateur (last one I need to get the last figure) and myfuckinggawd Chris is a tard. He wouldn't shoot anyone and didn't even help against Wesker when he was holding the rocket.

I gave up right there and then. Hopefully I can do it with a real person this weekend. That leaves me only a few achievements to get the full 1000, 2 I can do solo, but Chris also kept shooting dudes with bows so I couldn't knife them. What an asshole XD

GreekWolf said:
waterboy_2.jpg

Believe me, it's a completely different experience. Exponentially more difficult than Veteran mode, but far more satisfying.

Unless, of course, you get stuck like I did at the end of chapter 5... then all bets are off.

Would I be considered a puss if I used the infinite magnum/hyrdra combow? :eek:

Dyno

IT'S NICE to see that some people are giving the A.I. some love. YES you can complete the game on Pro with the A.I. If you have beat the game in under five hours then Infinite Rocket Launcher is your reward and that goes a long way toward beating the game on Pro. Infinite ammo on your favourite weapons is another big help.

There is NOTHING as cool as putting Sheva on attack and the two of you clear a screen with the infinite rocket launchers. The carnage is... delightful!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
dgenx said:

Absolutely. If you already beat veteran, then for the most part, the difficulty in pro mode to me felt the same. In my experience, your MAIN adversaries in pro mode going solo will be two things:

1) One hit your in danger. For the most part, one hit puts you immediately into danger mode. Plan your attacks carefully, and watch your back at all times.

2) The AI of your partner. Overall, i would say it worked out fine MOST of the time. There will be times though when you be in danger status and Sheva will not heal you even though she is standing right next to you....other times, she will just run out in the open and get herself killed and not take cover when being attacked.

Other than those two things, the only two parts that really gave me trouble were the Ndesu boss battle, and the fight with Jill. They gave me issues for the two reasons i listed above. Although it helps ALOT to play the Ndesu battle as Sheva and have Chris be the AI for that battle. His accuracy seems better, and overall his AI just seemed to be better for that battle than Shevas.

Good luck!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
McBradders said:
I just tried to get an S-Rank in 6-3 on amateur (last one I need to get the last figure) and myfuckinggawd Chris is a tard. He wouldn't shoot anyone and didn't even help against Wesker when he was holding the rocket.

I've found that during certain events, the AI will not take it upon itself to actually land blows on a boss. The idea behind this is that Capcom wanted you, the player, to actually have the satisfaction of blowing up that rocket in Wesker's hand. Another example is the fight against Jill. The AI will never try to rip the device off without you initiating it (holding Jill from behind).

McBradders

GuardianE said:
I've found that during certain events, the AI will not take it upon itself to actually land blows on a boss. The idea behind this is that Capcom wanted you, the player, to actually have the satisfaction of blowing up that rocket in Wesker's hand. Another example is the fight against Jill. The AI will never try to rip the device off without you initiating it (holding Jill from behind).

Thanks, I certainly won't be trying that again with the AI, made me so effing mad :lol

My and my friend finished the game recently. Man the last half of the game was really mediocre it was like gears of war with worse combat mechanics. Game was definately not as well designed as RE4. I dont think any of the boss battles were really memorable.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
McBradders said:
Thanks, I certainly won't be trying that again with the AI, made me so effing mad :lol

When i did that part of the Wesker battle on 6-3 on all difficulties including pro, i had no problems at all. If you're trying to just get an S rank on that level, just play it on the easiest difficulty, maybe that will help too.

When i did it, i was Chris, and the AI was Sheva. In a couple of the difficulties, AI Sheva did shoot the rocket before i had a chance to....Maybe its something with the Chris AI?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You said you were Sheva, Not Chris. There is your problem. Switch and your fine.

For what it is worth, the AI was far superior to the majority of players online.

My 360 died when I was doing pro mode run. There were too many rocket launcher explosions 360 couldn't handle.

Tips for spongebob ndesu and 5-3 level in pro mode:

Play as Sheva in 2-3. Whenever there is a time to hit plagas, Sheva isn't accurate if she is your AI partner. On right hand side, when two majinis show up, kill only the one on the ground. You can ignore the one who is shooting arrows from the top of the building. You won't die. If you kill both, they will respawn. Also kill majini with molotov cocktail asap whenever he appears. I tried like for 2 hrs with Chris. With Sheva it took 2-3 tries. It is possible to kill sponge monster with two rounds of firing at plagas when playing as Sheva.

For 5-3, make sure you have infinite rocket launcher and grenade launcher with flash grenades. Run to the right side stairs, go to right side alley, turn around at like 2nd or 3rd pillar, start spamming rockets so Wesker can't come upstairs. Even if it looks like it's not doing any damage, keep firing. Fight will end shortly, and then for next stage, use grenade launcher with flash grenades which will stun Jill. Try to pull out jewel. Rinse and repeat. You can shoot with flash grenades in point blank range and Jill won't die.

Top Bottom