• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

TheCardPlayer said:
Basically take everything this guy said and expect the contrary. The game is so shit hot that even that even the hardcore fanboys who hated RE4 are all over the game's dick right now on the RE fansites even IGN.

And I personally think RE4 is the best game I have ever played. And from what I've seen in the stream RE5 pisses all over it.

he's you know ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME.
you haven't.

~Kinggi~ said:
Well hopefully you meet a cute Japanese girl that's into RE as much as you.

funny thing about saying that is they exist over there.

Much like the hot chicks liking MGS, I still believe it to be a marketing ploy. :)

Then again I am happy with a smart and beautiful wife who just doesn't like RE or MGS, but still lets me enjoy it and indulge in the games. It's the best one can hope for.

I'd like to coop with her. ;)

Meh, I guess marriage is dulling the senses, but she doesn't strike me as that hot (and a bit dead looking).

~Kinggi~

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Much like the hot chicks liking MGS, I still believe it to be a marketing ploy. :)

Then again I am happy with a smart and beautiful wife who just doesn't like RE or MGS, but still lets me enjoy it and indulge in the games. It's the best one can hope for.

Meh, I guess marriage is dulling the senses, but she doesn't strike me as that hot (and a bit dead looking).
It's ok, we understand that your wife reads gaf.

~Kinggi~ said:
It's ok, we understand that your wife reads gaf.

Nah, she's just hot. :) Still more to the point she has a smile that is just so wonderful, it's exactly one of the reasons I first fell in love with her. The other chick looks like she just had a meth crash.

tass0 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlNLhiY74C0
warning: the ending to RE5, do not watch
The ending isn't that bad. No RE game has ever had a solid ending, this one is no different. RE5's ending is what you'd expect I guess...

~Kinggi~ said:
I find it hilarious you people are already rating the game in relation to the other based off of watching a low res stream of someone else playing it.

hilarious
Alas, that's why I said "based on what I've seen." I wasn't really blown away by anything I saw, and I know how the game plays since I've played the demo (and completed RE4 several times).

KeeSomething said:
The ending isn't that bad. No RE game has ever had a solid ending, this one is no different. RE5's ending is what you'd expect I guess...

Yeah, at least it gives the series a sense of finality. Also we have no idea what the docs tell us. They usually help beef up any RE story line.

JudgeN

So how bad is the PS3 framerate so far? I hate the 360 controller but if the framerate is just down right shit all the time I may have to go with that version.

JudgeN said:
So how bad is the PS3 framerate so far? I hate the 360 controller but if the framerate is just down right shit all the time I may have to go with that version.

It is apparently minor, but nothing horrible. I'm going with the PS3 for the controller reason myself (plus PSN).

mittelos

MiamiWesker said:
This thread sucks now that everyone has the game but I dont. :p
I was thinking the same thing. It's making next Friday seem way too far away. I wandered in WalMart tonight hoping against hope that some unknowing employee put the game on the shelf.

mittelos said:
I was thinking the same thing. It's making next Friday seem way too far away. I wandered in WalMart tonight hoping against hope that some unknowing employee put the game on the shelf.

I'm going to hit up Kmart tomorrow, its the only store in my area that ever put a game out early.

BTW Miami gaf, if you can please do a city sweep, thanks. :p

cvxfreak

MiamiWesker said:
I'm going to hit up Kmart tomorrow, its the only store in my area that ever put a game out early.

Should have imported. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
To those who bought the PS3 version: how long does the PS3 install take? I have plenty of space, but it's the length of installing that bothers me, really.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
Copies are both arriving on Friday! I've never been so excited in my whole life. =P
FUCK!

I shouldn't have canceled my order. :(

john tv said:
286spvn.jpg

Thanks.

I have a question about the achievements on the 360, if I play Biohazard 5 (asia) and beat the game, and after that I play and beat Resident Evil 5 (Euro), are the achievements going to be one unique achievement list, or the result will be two different achievements list, one from each SKU?.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Christopher said:
You really can't wait a couple of more days?
It's a three day long weekend here, and I have little to no responsibilities over that time (well, other than a get together with some friends on Saturday night, but I wouldn't call that a responsibility); it would've been really nice to have a disgustingly unhealthy RE5 marathon.

Troidal

rockman zx said:
Thanks.

I have a question about the achievements on the 360, if I play Biohazard 5 (asia) and beat the game, and after that I play and beat Resident Evil 5 (Euro), are the achievements going to be one unique achievement list, or the result will be two different achievements list, one from each SKU?.

Depends how RE5 will appear in your game history. If both SKUs show up separately in your list, then the achivements will be separate. Some games seem to have a 'universal SKU' so the 360 only allows for one achievement for all versions, while others separate them (i.e. Enchanted Arm would appear twice if you had the Jpn and US version).

bigswords

I'm getting the PS3 Asian version, unfortunately have more friends that are willing to get it.
Hope the image quality is better then the PS3 demo (which was eariler build correct?).
The co-op mercs mode will be awesome, actually COOP will be awesome, hope my random coop friend doesn't waste all the ammo though :(

Tenbatsu

Am half way thru the game, its quite entertaining. They added new varieties to the old formula eg. emblem pieces collection. However, I dont like how you are unable to take a herd to mix with another if your inventory is full. Also if you ran out of ammo/healing to continue the story, you can always replay old chapters to stock them up, weird design choice? Graphics is gorgeous, one of the best out there or maybe the best. I think its best to play this game co-op rather than alone.

And yeah that bitch AI Sheva wasted all my ammos that I passed to her till I have to confiscate them back.

Blueblur1

MiamiWesker said:

MIAMI GAF reporting! We never have anything out early here, dude. :(

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Im glad Amazon is offering same day delivery for this! I played RE4 soooooooooo much and I cannot wait for RE5 ( having a lot of gift certificates at amazon doesn't hurt).

This plus Sacred 2 will make for a great gaming month.

Captain N

bigswords said:
I'm getting the PS3 Asian version, unfortunately have more friends that are willing to get it.
Hope the image quality is better then the PS3 demo (which was eariler build correct?).
The co-op mercs mode will be awesome, actually COOP will be awesome, hope my random coop friend doesn't waste all the ammo though :(

My Asian version. Shipped! I'll be glad to play online with you!

Captain_N

I can't wait to waste all of our am-.....oh

bigswords

Captain N said:
My Asian version. Shipped! I'll be glad to play online with you!

Captain_N

I can't wait to waste all of our am-.....oh

Awesome I'll add you, Bigsword here, hopefully our time zone match.

LaneDS

Could someone please spoil me on how
original zombies play into the game? Do we get to fight hordes of slow moving, scary zombies? Their presence was spoiled for me and now I'm all excited for the gameplay possibilities of merging RE4 style play with classic RE enemies, if that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
To anyone with the game, can you guys confirm whether or not the blue line at the top of the screen and the tearing at >720p resolutions still exist?

Thanks. :)

Fucking fuck! I read a spoiler. Dammit. It's always so tempting to highlight the black.

Edit: Fucking hell and I just noticed the new thread title...

Nemesis_

So errr I have the worst luck in the world =/

UPS's flight was "delayed" and I won't receive anything until Monday.

=/

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:

=/
That sucks. :(

cvxfreak

Nemesis556 said:

=/

I'm sorry to hear that. =(

Mine made it safely to Oakland, so I'm assuredly getting it tomorrow.

Sectus

Rez said:
To anyone with the game, can you guys confirm whether or not the blue line at the top of the screen and the tearing at >720p resolutions still exist?

Thanks. :)
Blue line is gone. Screen tearing is still there unfortunately. If you can run it at 720p but let the display fix the aspect ratio that would be ideal.

For people who are curious, my final playtime is 9 hours, 11 minutes and 36 seconds. Real playtime (that is, measured by me in the real world instead of checking the ingame timer) is about 13-14 hours. This was in splitscreen coop (I'm pretty sure singleplayer would take longer since the game seems to be easier in coop).

Great game. Awesome mercs mode. Awful stupid inventory system which makes me less tempted to replay the game without deleting my savegame.

CryptiK

LaneDS said:
Could someone please spoil me on how
original zombies play into the game? Do we get to fight hordes of slow moving, scary zombies? Their presence was spoiled for me and now I'm all excited for the gameplay possibilities of merging RE4 style play with classic RE enemies, if that makes sense.
I would also like to see the scan.. of where this is confirmed please.

Top Bottom