• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Sectus said:
Blue line is gone. Screen tearing is still there unfortunately. If you can run it at 720p but let the display fix the aspect ratio that would be ideal.

For people who are curious, my final playtime is 9 hours, 11 minutes and 36 seconds. Real playtime (that is, measured by me in the real world instead of checking the ingame timer) is about 13-14 hours. This was in splitscreen coop (I'm pretty sure singleplayer would take longer since the game seems to be easier in coop).

Great game. Awesome mercs mode. Awful stupid inventory system which makes me less tempted to replay the game without deleting my savegame.
Cheers

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Not buying RE5, but I just wanted to post in this topic to say that this is the most impressive OP I've ever seen.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Captain N said:
My Asian version. Shipped! I'll be glad to play online with you!

Captain_N

I can't wait to waste all of our am-.....oh

lol.

I almost want to buy the asian version so I can have it faster.

xfactor

Banned
I can't decide whether to play it now, read the instruction manual first or continue posting on neogaf

Image046.jpg

Image047-1.jpg

Image048-1.jpg

Image049-2.jpg

Image050-1.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I just want to know what's the difficulty like in relation to the other games? And is it non-stop action?

I think in relation to the other RE games, it's pretty easy. I didn't find it too difficult at all.

If you had an easy time with RE4, this should be no different.

^_^

xfactor

Banned
cvxfreak said:
So the Asia 360 bundle is just the regular game and system with a special box going around the normal one?

sorry for the poor quality pics.

Its the regular system + RE5 in tin box + making-of RE5 dvd

cvxfreak

Biohazard 5 is the first multilingual game in the series (outside of PAL territories).

Kind of nice knowing that. Hopefully their save files are cross-compatible.

Erebus

I should stop reading this thread as everyone seems to have the game one way or another. I'm so angry that I have to wait until the 13th :( I hate you all!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DarkUSS said:
I should stop reading this thread as everyone seems to have the game one way or another. I'm so angry that I have to wait until the 13th :( I hate you all!
I feel your pain. Ah well, it's been, what? Four years or so. A couple more days isn't going to bother me. :D

Does anyone know when the last Kijuju viral vid is going to be released (where's Zenith when you need him :lol)? Or when the net review embargo is up?

K' Dash

It was hard not to watch the spoilers and videos in this thread, I'm glad I didn't, I'm playing the game right now and everything is a surprise, well, except for the demo parts.

I'm like 2 hours in and the game is AWESOME.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wark said:
To click or not to click: that is the question.
DON'T DO IT

Hold out just a little longer. Only a few more days!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm, like, totally serious.

(it's a shame to see that GAF is already stalling again, so soon after maintenance :( )

Tenbatsu

Am at the last chapter already, total playtime of 10 hrs. Game is kinda of short unless the last chapter is 8 hrs long but I don't think so. The boss fights are quite interesting this time round but easy.

Wark

Rez said:
DON'T DO IT

Hold out just a little longer. Only a few more days!

Yeah, I guess I won't then. :lol I wanted years for this game so I think I can wait a couple days.

Nemesis_

Rez said:
That sucks. :(
cvxfreak said:
I'm sorry to hear that. =(

Mine made it safely to Oakland, so I'm assuredly getting it tomorrow.
The website still says it's on track for delivery tomorrow. I am somewhat skeptical considering in that time it has to go through customs and actually arrive in the country.

We'll see. If I do get it, it'll be a very nice surprise. Either way I get it for almost 5-6 days before everyone.

On the Australian front: the game now apparently has a street date again and retailers CANNOT sell it until the 12th of March. I've heard rumours from a recent meeting that this may change though (The exact same thing happened with SF4, until the street date was removed and we could just sell on Monday/Tuesday instead of waiting till Friday)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
For people who are curious, my final playtime is 9 hours, 11 minutes and 36 seconds. Real playtime (that is, measured by me in the real world instead of checking the ingame timer) is about 13-14 hours. This was in splitscreen coop (I'm pretty sure singleplayer would take longer since the game seems to be easier in coop).
That's actually really disappointing to hear.

According to the in game timer, my first playthrough of RE4 took over 20 hours (and that was without any significant problems in proceeding). How many hours did it take you to complete RE4 the first time through?

Captain N

g35twinturbo said:
lol.

I almost want to buy the asian version so I can have it faster.

I guess you'll just have to keep muting everyone in the Killzone room so you can hear my baby crying for another week.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So it seems that the game is a bit of a disappointment then, huh? That's irritating. The friend with whom I'm planning to play CO-OP with decided to go on a complete media blackout and literally hasn't seen anything from this game outside of the very first teaser trailer. I suspect disappointment will ensue.

Any further information on the cross platform comparison?

cvxfreak said:
You can blame Nintendo for lack of a unified discount pricing plan in the U.S. Had there been such a line-up (Player's Choice), REUC (and RE4 Wii) most certainly would have been on it already.

I like the game as well, but I can easily imagine you disliking it on its technical merits.

EDIT: Why not ordered from Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P297F2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Well, I got lucky yesterday with this. Stopped in a Blockbuster for kicks and they actually had one brand new shrink wrapped copy of Umbrella Chronicles for $32. I'll have to keep a better eye on their gaming goods in the future as they had a lot of titles that are no longer common at other stores (such as Gamestop).

Tenbatsu

Dyno said:
Can you further explain this? How exactly does it work?
You can stock up your inventory by replaying old chapters which is pretty weird(guess its for co-op purposes). And you cant mix a herb(in the game) to another in your inventory if your inventory is full.

dark10x said:
That's actually really disappointing to hear.

According to the in game timer, my first playthrough of RE4 took over 20 hours (and that was without any significant problems in proceeding). How many hours did it take you to complete RE4 the first time through?
Its definitely short, I actually wasted a lot of time sight seeing to clock 10 hrs at final chapter.

LaneDS

LaneDS said:
Could someone please spoil me on how
original zombies play into the game? Do we get to fight hordes of slow moving, scary zombies? Their presence was spoiled for me and now I'm all excited for the gameplay possibilities of merging RE4 style play with classic RE enemies, if that makes sense.

Quoting myself for a new page, if Tenbatsu or anyone else could clarify I would appreciate it.

Dyno

Tenbatsu said:
You can stock up your inventory by replaying old chapters which is pretty weird(guess its for co-op purposes). And you cant mix a herb(in the game) to another in your inventory if your inventory is full.

That doesn't sound right. In the demo you can merge two herbs by simply dropping one into the space of another.

Stocking up on inventory by replaying chapters seems a simple enough exploit to avoid, unless you absolutely need it.

Is the game economy (finding gold and treasures/buying weapons and upgrades) the same as in RE4?

Tenbatsu

LaneDS said:
Quoting myself for a new page, if Tenbatsu or anyone else could clarify I would appreciate it.
I cant help as I have yet to finish the game.
Up till the final chapter, I never encounter any slow moving zombies. Is it the unlockable filter mode mode or something?

Dyno said:
That doesn't sound right. In the demo you can merge two herbs by simply dropping one into the space of another.

Stocking up on inventory by replaying chapters seems a simple enough exploit to avoid, unless you absolutely need it.

Is the game economy (finding gold and treasures/buying weapons and upgrades) the same as in RE4?
Yes you can merge if you have 2 free spaces. But if you have only lets say one green herb with no free space, and you want to pick up a red to mix with the green, you cannot do it at all. I remember you are able to do that in old RE games.

You buy weapons/upgrades at the start of each mission. And yes its the same as RE4. You can store those you are not bringing at the so call shop.

LaneDS

Tenbatsu said:
I cant help as I have yet to finish the game.
Up till the final chapter, I never encounter any slow moving zombies. Is it the unlockable filter mode mode or something?

Bummer. Sounds like a bullshit rumor then. Thanks for clarifying.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Pics of me slowly undressing the Limited Edition I bought. :lol

THE PACKAGE
3330983246_6735ae5fac.jpg

THE GAME + 2GIG USB MEM STICK
3330983360_a68da86781.jpg

CLOSE UP OF THE MEM STICK
3330983504_a460d98140.jpg

THE STEEL CASE AFTER YOU TAKE IT OUT OF THE SLEEVE
3330147199_b3b00ed695.jpg

REVERSE SIDE
3330983834_b4c2f62d7c.jpg

INSIDE THE GAME CASE!
3330147589_ecbf2665a5.jpg

GAME + SOUNDTRACK :O
3330984242_14aaae2d78.jpg

bomb_jack

Want that edition. Europe got totally screwed on this one. A steelbox and a horrible disfigured chris redfield shaped lump of plastic.

Nemesis_

I am so happy I got that steel case. The Excella and Wesker artwork is awesome too.

Where is the actual game though? Is it stored next to that gold/brown box?

RPGCrazied

Is this game really only 7hours long? ;/ im sure youve all seen that UK game mag review.

they said it was a tad shorter than RE4.. a tad?? My save time was 17hours for re4.. id say thats more than a tad shorter.

Just got to chapter3. The awesome parts are pretty damn awesome.

Gameplay wise it is very much RE4 aside from the coop sidekick part. Plus the way the levels are designed is very much RE4.

I don't mind this game is half as long as RE4. It has coop. So basically twice as much game in this than RE4. I'll play it at least once solo. And at least once coop with a friend.

The game is seriously cut scene heavy though. Maybe not as long or as talky as MGS4, but still substantial. They are very high quality cut scenes so I enjoying watching them.

Wark

PuppetMaster said:
The game is seriously cut scene heavy though. Maybe not as long or as talky as MGS4, but still substantial. They are very high quality cut scenes so I enjoying watching them.

I wanna drown in cut scenes so this is good to hear. :D

For the people playing the game in co-op and finishing in about ten hours gamer clock time. Are you playing on normal or hard? Someone was suggesting that if you play co-op you should do it on hard otherwise its too easy. So maybe that accouns for the fast play time? I'd like to know someones final time playing single player.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Looks like an interview with the lead developer has revealed that online coop for the mercenaries mode will be released as a downloadable content on March 5th. So it looks like it will be just in time for the American release, although people will need online to update the game.

Offline coop is still available out of the box.

I saw IGN complaining about the lack of online coop so this should make things better.

LaneDS

~Kinggi~ said:
Looks like an interview with the lead developer has revealed that online coop for the mercenaries mode will be released as a downloadable content on March 5th. So it looks like it will be just in time for the American release, although people will need online to update the game.

I like that you point out that people looking to play mercs online co-op will in fact need an online connection to play it. :lol

In any case, that's certainly good news.

Erebus

~Kinggi~ said:

I saw IGN complaining about the lack of online coop so this should make things better.

Wait, by saying downloadable content you mean we'll have to pay for it? I hope a free patch is what they mean.

Wark

~Kinggi~ said:

This is really good to hear because I was kinda disappointed when I heard they wouldn't have online mercenaries co-op, but I wonder what price is going to be attached to this DLC -- or is it free? Either way, I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and download it.

Top Bottom