• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official RESIDENT EVIL 5 Thread of LOOK OUT: SPOILER TAGS CONTAIN ACTUAL SPOILERS

dgenx said:
I've never played a RE in mylife so I know squat of the story...

Will I enjoy RE5? or at least understand the history? I think the game comes with some kind of RE Encyclopedia right?

and once for all.. how longis the game? some says 8 hours and some20 hours.who should GAF believe?? and it worth a replay?

I'm on the verge of buying this or Halo Wars!

Being a long time fan of the series would definetly make the story have more of a impact I'd imagine, but yeah the game has a encyclopedia of sorts included from what I hear from other posters. If you read this, you can still enjoy the game I'd imagine. If your looking for a good looking action game with a interesting story, RE5 can do you no harm. You know you want it! DO IT! :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Kard8p3 said:
There's not that much of a difference really. My first playthrough of RE4 ended at the 13 hour mark and I didn't rush through it. So losing 3 to 4 hours off that for 5 wont really bother me.
See, if you finished RE4 so quickly, what do you think will happen with RE5? You'll probably plow through it in 7 hours or so.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
huh?are you telling RE5 is only 8 to 10 hours long? I guess they spend all the disk space in nice graphs and cutscenes...

I wonder how's the replayability

Come on GAF hype me on this

Can someone please confirm,

In the Japanese version, are the menus and in-game text in English or Japanese? I read earlier that the audio can be switched to English, but what about the text?

man RE4's length really spoiled people huh? typically RE games ARE less than 10 hours. the first time through them may take more than 10 due to the puzzle solving and figuring out where to go, and RE5 will likely take most people over 10 hours to get through.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
dgenx said:
huh?are you telling RE5 is only 8 to 10 hours long? I guess they spend all the disk space in nice graphs and cutscenes...
*bangs head against the wall*

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
dgenx said:

I wonder how's the replayability

Come on GAF hype me on this
Err, I don't think disc space can accurately be used to judge length of a game.

The length of a game has nothing to do with the capacity of the media it is printed on. I'll never understand where this misconception comes from...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
pizzaguysrevenge said:
RE4 was on 2 disks.

RE5 is one 1 disk.

It only makes sense if RE4 is in fact the longer game.

Which it is.

dragon quest 7 is on 2 discs. it lasts 100+ hours.
metal gear solid 1 is on 2 discs. it lasts... 5? hours.

oh shit!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
pizzaguysrevenge said:
RE4 was on 2 disks.

RE5 is one 1 disk.

It only makes sense if RE4 is in fact the longer game.

Which it is.

RE4 PS2 with twice the content was on one disc.

Fission Mailed

Dartastic

LaneDS said:
(Putting my responses in spoilers despite the topic being openly talked about)
It does, definitely, but I was hoping that they'd incorporate some sort of screw-up which involved basically hordes of zombies coming at you. I really do think given the amount of enemies the engine appears to be able to handle at once it wouldn't be unreasonable to have ten slow-moving, tougher than average Las Plagas zombies coming at you at once and have it still be somewhat of a challenge if designed correctly (like you've only got a handgun, for example).

To me Resident Evil is something I strongly associate with zombies and would like to see that be a key point of whatever this reboot is they're starting to mention. Still, I'm glad to see they make some sort of appearance in the game.

Also, I feel someone should break it to Dartastic. :lol

Curiosity got the best of me. I'm so sad. =(

Captain N

El Pescado said:
Wait, wait, wait... If I import the Japanese version from NCS or something it'll work on my PS3 AND be in English?

No, the Japanese version will be in Japanese. You need to by the Asian version. NCSx won't be getting in the Asian version of the game.

Captain N said:
No, the Japanese version will be in Japanese. You need to by the Asian version. NCSx won't be getting in the Asian version of the game.

Wait what--someone earlier said the Japanese version had English in it?

I've been playing the Japanese version(PS3) of the game and it has English menus, English subs and English voice work.
So, if you've ordered the Japanese game don't worry.

U K Narayan said:
Is it as good as RE4?

Because the game fails on that front.

does it? guess I should cancel my preorder then. how's Bioshock 2? there's a thread for the new teaser site for that, hurry up and go over there and spread your negative nanciness there as well, it's only fair.

cvxfreak

I firmly believe the game is as good as RE4 is today.

It won't blow you away the way RE4 did because it has been 4 years, but there are still some memorable wow moments in RE5, and I'm only halfway through.

momolicious said:
Is there alot of slowdown in the ps3 version?

Not that I've seen.

Fyrus said:
The PS3 install takes 10minutes 40 seconds to install, it's a five 5GB install.
The longest loading times I've seen so far are around 3 seconds, if that.

While it's installing go make yourself a sandwich. :lol

Shouta

How's the censoring in the JP version? I was thinking of getting it but I had decided to wait for the American version on the off chance they did censor it.

cvxfreak

Shouta said:
How's the censoring in the JP version? I was thinking of getting it but I had decided to wait for the American version on the off chance they did censor it.

Asian version isn't censored, and I'm playing on a Japanese console.

Shouta

cvxfreak said:
Asian version isn't censored, and I'm playing on a Japanese console.

So like blood, guts, and beheadings for all? Sweet.

I just hope they don't do something stupid and region lock co-op! I guess I'll pick it up from Play-Asia.

Forgive the daft question but can you have a single player game AND a live co-op game running seperately? Want to solo the game really but play a bit of co-op here and there without either saving over the other.

Thanks.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nemesis556 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Twice the content? Have you heard of a thing called COMPRESHUN!??!?!

its still baffling how one disc can hold more then 2 discs, which voids the logic of two discs having more content, because they're on the higher number of discs ..

*head explodes*

anywho,
the flash back cutscene was so freaking awesome :eek: here's hoping there's more like those.

cvxfreak said:
I firmly believe the game is as good as RE4 is today.

It won't blow you away the way RE4 did because it has been 4 years, but there are still some memorable wow moments in RE5, and I'm only halfway through.

Sweeeeeet.

Nemesis_

The game SHOULD Be to me by the end of the day. Customs usually take about an hour to clear the thing and then it should be on it's way. Hopefully, well, at least.

They have 9 hours to clear it and get it into my hands. I have faith.

No-game spoilers within, but a shitty joke instead:-
I am gonna be without RE5 for the weekend, aren't I? =(

brandonh83 said:
does it? guess I should cancel my preorder then. how's Bioshock 2? there's a thread for the new teaser site for that, hurry up and go over there and spread your negative nanciness there as well, it's only fair.
Haven't played Bioshock 2. Sorry. :)

I still have to go to the store to cancel my pre-order, but I still might pick it up. We shall see.

cvxfreak

U K Narayan said:

I still have to go to the store to cancel my pre-order, but I still might pick it up. We shall see.

Have you played the actual game yet? If not, then please stop trolling already. Save your negativity for when you've played the game, and I'm not talking about the demo, either.

U K Narayan said:

just saying, it's okay to be negative about things you don't like, but presenting your points in a definitive, I've beat the game already and know what I'm talking about approach isn't a good way to go about things.

I mean, there are a few things about RE5 that I don't like, such as the fact that it's not in my PS3 right now giving me a survival horror blowjob, but this criticism can wait.

I went into the Dead Space thread and tore that game a new asshole, but that was after I was 90% through the game.

Top Bottom