• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

noisome07

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Listen to me. Spiderjericho say to cop that shit!! Go get Mad Gatz Fightpad for Twenynine ohr Fightstick.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M22WLU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=videogames&field-keywords=fightpad&x=0&y=0

You PAY NOW so you no scared!!

Haunts, props on the stream. Some good comp. Choi, Buktooth, Rom, Ricky Ortiz were in attendance. Magus with too many N-bombs. I'm not sure where he got the pass. Guess he channeling Yipes.

The fightpads are 20$ at Best Buy if you can find one, too.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rickys Chun Li is really frustrating. lol...

I wish I played better last night but it was hard to focus while running the stream. :\

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hop on Dizzy-4-U, show your kickass Rose!

ArjanN

Sanjay said:
I went through the past few pages to check for PC SF4 users and heres a updated GT list:-

xx Relix
Denogginizer OS
OmnipotentO
MINI Pez
SoulFist7
risotto ball
Enclave Patrol
hikarutilmitt
Fraelynn
sca2511
Shaftydude

Any more?

arjan666

I think I finally succesfully fixed my PC. You can all prepare for Dannihilation.

Dartastic

GUYS I JUST PLAYED DIEGO UMEHARA ON XBL JUST NOW AND I WON ZOMG

IMG_0046.jpg

;)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
vocab said:
True, but it's not limited by the components of the console. So networking is more true to PC standards which is better than going through a consoles middle man network. GFWL doesn't even feel like it's a service that you go through, more like a distraction. Still, the net code of SFIV, combined with the horrible matchmaking makes for unsatisfying experience on every platform. I've had unplayable games on all three platforms. Someone really needs to make decent netcode for modern fighting games.

Blazblue, HDR, VF5. All three had good netcodes.

SmokeMaxX

Timedog said:
1,2,8) Salt. Mayo. Salty mayo.

3) I'm talking about in general, not solely with Bison. You have a chance at getting hit with ultra if you make a mistake, or if the opponent reads you. Big deal. That's how the game is played.

4) I thought you were talking about the ultra itself with the damage points, but of course you knew this.

5) This is how it has always been. It is how the game Street Fighter works. It is in no way magic. It is in no way unfair. It is in no way surprising. If you can't accept how the game works, which is obvious from your posts, then quit playing.

6) Right on, there is no risk in a 50/50 situation. Everyone that knows anything would disagree with you, but okay. There's a reason why a lot of players don't end combos with hk tatsu, it's because you end up in a 50/50 when the opponent gets up and they want to mitigate risk.

9) You are trying to act like Ryu has these huge advantages over Bison. Not true. It's pretty much an even match, MAYBE slight advantage for Ryu. Basically what you're complaining about is that you are not good at this game. That is dumb. Have fun with that!

Your arguments are garbage dude. Do you even read my posts? I doubt that you do, since you only pick the points of my post that you want to argue about and then go off on some tangent. I've addressed every single point in all of your posts and all you can resort to
are 1) name calling and 2) ignoring the points of my post. Somebody else even called you out on it. Oh and I'm using Bison as an example. Did I say anywhere that Ryu can only fight Bison? But there's no point in even asking you because you obviously don't even read my posts. If you did, you wouldn't ignore the parts of them that you have no response to.

Oh and I never said you shouldn't get punished if you make a mistake. But great response. Great, great response.

And point 4)
Ryu's ultra NEVER does over 400 damage. It only get's 400 damage when NOT used in a combo.
Remember writing that? Yeah. I proved you wrong and your response?
4) I thought you were talking about the ultra itself with the damage points, but of course you knew this.

Point 5? This is how it's always been? What the hell kind of argument is that? Why don't you tell me when the last time Bison's Psycho Crusher looked anything like it does now? Things change. The "Things have always been like this" is just some bullshit argument that people use to justify things as stupid as segregation and racism. This isn't the same game as the other street fighters.

Point 6. Dude you are an idiot. Again. I even asked you what the 50/50 was and you couldn't answer. Not only that, but you're talking about the state that Ryu is in after the SRK -> FADC. I'm talking about the SRK itself. It's zero risk because it cannot be punished. Whatever happens after the FADC is a completely different situation. Situation 1) SRK. It is FADC'd. Situation 2) Ryu and other character are in a neutral state next to each other. Therefore the SRK -> FADC is zero risk.

I like how you introduce point 9 when I never said Ryu has "all these inherent advantages." Once again, you can't read and you make up some bullshit argument. I was ranting AS I ALREADY STATED. You want me to say all the advantages Bison has over Ryu whenever I'm ranting? So yeah. You're right. I said the Ryu-Bison matchup is 10-0 for Ryu and I suck at this game. Seriously, do you really believe the stuff that you write? You know what. I give up arguing with you. Take that as a "win" if you want. It's not even worth the brain cells I give up arguing with you.

FindMyFarms said:
It's weird, since I picked up HDR AFTER I got sf4, and it's online is so much better, hard to believe it came out before sf4 haha.

To be honest, I like HDR more than IV. The netcode is way better. You can have six-person lobbies. N3ss, Moxmaniac, COAndy, a few others and I used to get together to play. Eggo and Yeb were over on Live.

HDR had tournaments and the rank was based on wins and the quality of the opponent, but at least it didn't seem like you were playing some sort of role-playing game.

But I think SuperSFIV is to provide a lot of fan service.

And the Sagat whoring. First Sanford, now Choi. He was able to beast with Sagat, even though it's not his main. He wasn't doing the lockdown. Just mash teleport uppercut. Ortiz's Chun was pretty serious though. And Buk's Fuerte is the bidness.

"To be honest, I like HDR more than IV. The netcode is way better. You can have six-person lobbies."

Until it explodes and no one can connect to each other even though they were just playing 30 seconds prior.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
SmokeMaxX said:
Your arguments are garbage dude. Do you even read my posts? I doubt that you do, since you only pick the points of my post that you want to argue about and then go off on some tangent. I've addressed every single point in all of your posts and all you can resort to
are 1) name calling and 2) ignoring the points of my post. Somebody else even called you out on it. Oh and I'm using Bison as an example. Did I say anywhere that Ryu can only fight Bison? But there's no point in even asking you because you obviously don't even read my posts. If you did, you wouldn't ignore the parts of them that you have no response to.

Oh and I never said you shouldn't get punished if you make a mistake. But great response. Great, great response.

And point 4)
Remember writing that? Yeah. I proved you wrong and your response?

Point 5? This is how it's always been? What the hell kind of argument is that? Why don't you tell me when the last time Bison's Psycho Crusher looked anything like it does now? Things change. The "Things have always been like this" is just some bullshit argument that people use to justify things as stupid as segregation and racism. This isn't the same game as the other street fighters.

Point 6. Dude you are an idiot. Again. I even asked you what the 50/50 was and you couldn't answer. Not only that, but you're talking about the state that Ryu is in after the SRK -> FADC. I'm talking about the SRK itself. It's zero risk because it cannot be punished. Whatever happens after the FADC is a completely different situation. Situation 1) SRK. It is FADC'd. Situation 2) Ryu and other character are in a neutral state next to each other. Therefore the SRK -> FADC is zero risk.

I like how you introduce point 9 when I never said Ryu has "all these inherent advantages." Once again, you can't read and you make up some bullshit argument. I was ranting AS I ALREADY STATED. You want me to say all the advantages Bison has over Ryu whenever I'm ranting? So yeah. You're right. I said the Ryu-Bison matchup is 10-0 for Ryu and I suck at this game. Seriously, do you really believe the stuff that you write? You know what. I give up arguing with you. Take that as a "win" if you want. It's not even worth the brain cells I give up arguing with you.

I don't address every single one of your points because I don't care enough about you to spend enough time to write short works of fiction, like you. Funnily enough, despite your claims, you've thrown out more ad hominem attacks than I have. I'll make this one longer, but after this post I'm done arguing too, but with a caveat.

-You said Bison can't ultra Ryu when playing footsies after I mentioned that ultra can punish a whiffed dp. Then I said that I was not specifically talking about Bison when I wrote that. This is not a hard conversational thread to follow. I never claimed that you said "Ryu can only fight Bison", I have no idea where you got that out of what I wrote. But of course, I'm the one that can't read.

-Ryu's ultra by itself does 400 dmg. When comboed it will do less do to damage scaling. As I wrote earlier, I thought we were talking about the ultra itself's dmg, not the damage of the entire combo with the ultra included. I thought this because of what YOU wrote. You did not clarify that you were talking about a combo + ultra. I don't see why this is such a big deal. There was a miscommunication. But believe me, I know far, far more than you about what kind of dmg various Ryu combos do.

-Bison's Psycho Crusher is not the signature move in the game. It is not the most well known move performed by the most popular character. That is a bad comparison. The dragon punch simply is not going to change significantly. Complaining that it doesn't "look" like it should hit ground pokes is a waste of breath. Holy shit, you just brought up racism and segregation in an argument about dragon punches in a video game? :lol I think we're getting pretty close to Godwin's Law, folks!

-SRK > FADC is not zero risk(unless you use backdash instead of forward dash). The same situation occurs when ending a combo with a hk tatsu. People don't like to do this because it puts them at some risk. I've already explained this and you apparently have no response. I'm simply not going to buy into your childish semantics game on what "risk" means. What happens after the FADC is NOT a completely different situation. You cannot separate the FADC from the SRK. It seems like a terrible way for you to try to justify in your mind that an attempt by Ryu to combo into ultra is completely safe, and it is not.

-It is implied by your rant that you seem to believe that Ryu has a huge advantage over Bison. If you do not believe Ryu to have advantage, then why are you complaining about his toolset vs. Bison? I don't go around yelling "Oh my god, the Ryu vs. Dhalsim match is TOO fair! Look at all these tools that Dhalsim has!", although I might do so if I thought it was a terrible matchup for Ryu.

Finale: Since I don't want to hear any of your crudely thought out rants in this thread, let's do a first to 10 "I quit" match. Loser has to leave this thread until Super comes out, and there is a new thread made for that game. It will be easy to tell who has more game knowledge regarding Ryu. I wouldn't do this on some matchups, but since Ryu vs. Bison is 5-5, its fair. So basically, put up or shut up.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Killa Sasa said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This thread has taken a hilarious turn. All it needs is a woman whose honor is being fought for.

We need some more drama in this sum bitch! :D

Teknopathetic said:
"To be honest, I like HDR more than IV. The netcode is way better. You can have six-person lobbies."

Until it explodes and no one can connect to each other even though they were just playing 30 seconds prior.
HDR was much more solid on XBL

Yeah, I never had any real problems on Live HDR. But then again, Live SFIV is also a little smoother, and you're able to find more competition (probably cause it sold more). Too bad they didn't allow 360 vs. PC.

And HDR doesn't have perfect online, but that's because Capcom left it in the hands of Backbone, and didn't want to spend the money to make it right.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
To be honest, I like HDR more than IV. The netcode is way better. You can have six-person lobbies. N3ss, Moxmaniac, COAndy, a few others and I used to get together to play. Eggo and Yeb were over on Live.

HDR had tournaments and the rank was based on wins and the quality of the opponent, but at least it didn't seem like you were playing some sort of role-playing game.

But I think SuperSFIV is to provide a lot of fan service.

And the Sagat whoring. First Sanford, now Choi. He was able to beast with Sagat, even though it's not his main. He wasn't doing the lockdown. Just mash teleport uppercut. Ortiz's Chun was pretty serious though. And Buk's Fuerte is the bidness.

I'm getting more into HDR myself, despite its flaws.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Sanjay said:
I went through the past few pages to check for PC SF4 users and heres a updated GT list:-

xx Relix
Denogginizer OS
OmnipotentO
MINI Pez
SoulFist7
risotto ball
Enclave Patrol
hikarutilmitt
Fraelynn
sca2511
Shaftydude

Any more?

Protocol Snow

arstal said:
I'm getting more into HDR myself, despite its flaws.

Honda is a beast in HDR. Thelo, who was in top 8 at Evo, came to prominence thanks to HDR. He wasn't top tier, but the jab head butt definitely helped him out around fireballs. The big problem is facing a Guile or Dee Jay.

I'm not a fan of the wacky damage, throws or insane links, but ST is probably my favorite street fighter. ST, HF, TS, IV (though I'd say it's probably a toss-up between IV and III).

And sounds like Time Dog got another match. It'll be interesting to see who is banned from this thread.

WOw. I just watched the Daigo/Sanchez money match from Evo. It was an amazing set. It literally went to the last round. All those pokes with Dhalsim definitely added up to beat Daigo. He would also gamble on uppercuts to hit limbs and get punished, sometimes twice in a row. I think if it were to happen now, Daigo would probably win, as he never did the jab fireball bait jump super. He's also a lot better at FAing the limbs.

Wonder what happened to Arturo. I never saw him after SF Barfights 2.

And Haunts, props for IPW presenting streams two days straight. It's like a battle between your site and FADC. Personally, I like your site mo.

Spiderjericho said:
WOw. I just watched the Daigo/Sanchez money match from Evo. It was an amazing set. It literally went to the last round. All those pokes with Dhalsim definitely added up to beat Daigo. He would also gamble on uppercuts to hit limbs and get punished, sometimes twice in a row. I think if it were to happen now, Daigo would probably win, as he never did the jab fireball bait jump super. He's also a lot better at FAing the limbs.

Yeah, it was a great match. The mp3 interview of Arturo that came in the rar is great as well. Interesting that Arturo believes Dhalsim has a slight edge (5.5-4.5) over Ryu.

-Mikey- said:
This is amazing. What are the top players doing the day of the biggest SFIV tournament? Playing the game with each other. Thats what I love about this community! :D

Not that simple, it's wasn't just a for fun type of deal. It was a money match (first to 5 for $100) that had to be set up through Issei, another Japanese player. Also, Daigo made stipulations of 1)no MM's against any of the top 8 so they can't figure him out 2) no console char. except sakura and cammy. Art even gave Daigo 2-1 odds to MM his Seth and Daigo declined.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dhalsim is hard, but I think here's a situation where me wasting my meter on EX fireballs actually works some of the time. You just need to knock him down so you can get in!

Dhalsim players should not teleport too early when fireballing a waking-up opponent and teleporting right away

a charge character can input his Ultra and have it turn 180 towards the back on final input for the lolz on Dhalsim

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Spiderjericho said:
Honda is a beast in HDR. Thelo, who was in top 8 at Evo, came to prominence thanks to HDR. He wasn't top tier, but the jab head butt definitely helped him out around fireballs. The big problem is facing a Guile or Dee Jay.

I'm not a fan of the wacky damage, throws or insane links, but ST is probably my favorite street fighter. ST, HF, TS, IV (though I'd say it's probably a toss-up between IV and III).

And sounds like Time Dog got another match. It'll be interesting to see who is banned from this thread.

I don't use Honda in HDR. I feel dirty using him. I use Sim and Chun maybe, occasionally Blanka. I use chars I don't use in SF4. I even use Ken.

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah, it was a great match. The mp3 interview of Arturo that came in the rar is great as well. Interesting that Arturo believes Dhalsim has a slight edge (5.5-4.5) over Ryu.

Not that simple, it's wasn't just a for fun type of deal. It was a money match (first to 5 for $100) that had to be set up through Issei, another Japanese player. Also, Daigo made stipulations of 1)no MM's against any of the top 8 so they can't figure him out 2) no console char. except sakura and cammy. Art even gave Daigo 2-1 odds to MM his Seth and Daigo declined.

Yeah, only Ryan Heart and Art beat him. And he has to be a little cautious. But trips to America = free money for Daigo. It's crazy that they don't give prizes for winning tournaments in Japan. You devote all of this time, and your reward is just notoriety. Wowzers, Mago has ohhh sooo many BPs. I don't know why that guy doesn't come here. I'd like to see Mago money matches. Well, it was cool having Daigo come but once SSFIV comes out, the only foreigners we'll see will most likely be Europeans.

And I'd probably agree with Art regarding the match up or call it even. Dhalsim does well against those fireball characters (except Guiley, etc). And his poke game is on point. He really did control those matches. I'm off to bed.

Can't wait to see Time Dog's funny match.

SmokeMaxX

Timedog said:
I don't address every single one of your points because I don't care enough about you to spend enough time to write short works of fiction, like you. Funnily enough, despite your claims, you've thrown out more ad hominem attacks than I have. I'll make this one longer, but after this post I'm done arguing too, but with a caveat.

Ugh. Nice work of fiction there. Also, you've thrown way more ad hom attacks than I have. Go ahead and count if you want.

You don't care about me? That's sweet. That's why you went out of the way to attack my post even though I was obviously ranting because I was frustrated? Yeah, way to show you don't care.

-You said Bison can't ultra Ryu when playing footsies after I mentioned that ultra can punish a whiffed dp. Then I said that I was not specifically talking about Bison when I wrote that. This is not a hard conversational thread to follow. I never claimed that you said "Ryu can only fight Bison", I have no idea where you got that out of what I wrote. But of course, I'm the one that can't read.

But before you said
If he sticks out a whiffed SRK out of nowhere you combo him, score a knockdown or ultra him!

Care to show where it was implied that you meant it was "only situational" and/or for "certain characters?

-Ryu's ultra by itself does 400 dmg. When comboed it will do less do to damage scaling. As I wrote earlier, I thought we were talking about the ultra itself's dmg, not the damage of the entire combo with the ultra included. I thought this because of what YOU wrote. You did not clarify that you were talking about a combo + ultra. I don't see why this is such a big deal. There was a miscommunication. But believe me, I know far, far more than you about what kind of dmg various Ryu combos do.

You said before
Ultra does weaksauce damage.
I said
Upon doing a google search, Ryu's Ultra does anywhere from 291 to 495 worth of damage when used in a combo (as it will be 9.9 times out of 10). ~30% of a character's health is NOT shit damage especially when it can come after a trade.
You said
Ryu's ultra NEVER does over 400 damage. It only get's 400 damage when NOT used in a combo.
To this, I replied,
From http://oomickeydizzleoo.blogspot.com...u-numbers.html

- Ultra Combo's: hp shoryuken 381D (at times 291D when anti aired). c.mk, hp shoryuken: 424D (454D if c.hp is used instead). F+hp, hp shoryuken: 474D. c.lk, c.lp, hp shoryuken: 345D. j.hk, land, c.hp, shoryuken: 495D

Still trying to make your bullshit arguments?

EDIT: Upon further review, I'll concede this point to you on the nature of semantics. Technically, via the wording used, you're right. The problem is that players tack on the ultra at the end of their combos making a 200-300 damage combo turn into a ~500 damage combo and you're trying to argue that that's insignificant?

-Bison's Psycho Crusher is not the signature move in the game. It is not the most well known move performed by the most popular character. That is a bad comparison. The dragon punch simply is not going to change significantly. Complaining that it doesn't "look" like it should hit ground pokes is a waste of breath. Holy shit, you just brought up racism and segregation in an argument about dragon punches in a video game? :lol I think we're getting pretty close to Godwin's Law, folks!

This is a bad comparison just like comparing old street fighter games to new street fighter games. Older games didn't have FAs. The original Street Fighter games weren't even fighters. Street Fighter 2 didn't have parries. The move's properties have to change ANYWAY. It's a new engine with new models. It's not going to be exactly the same as it always was. That argument is complete bullshit. So he gets an overpowered move, so what? It doesn't mean it makes any sense. So that's the way it's always been. Still doesn't mean it makes any sense. It's in the game, so I have to live with it. Still doesn't mean it makes any sense. And yeah, if the bottom of your toes touch the Dragon Punch, you get hit by it. Worst thing about that? It used to be high risk / high reward. Whereas, if you blocked the shoryuken, you could punish for so much damage. Now? They FADC out. Oh and yeah, I just made an analogy involving racism and segregation. Ever heard of an analogy?

"Your eyes are as pretty as stars." "Holy shit, this asshole just compared my eyes to burning hot globes of massive nuclear destruction."

-SRK > FADC is not zero risk(unless you use backdash instead of forward dash). The same situation occurs when ending a combo with a hk tatsu. People don't like to do this because it puts them at some risk. I've already explained this and you apparently have no response. I'm simply not going to buy into your childish semantics game on what "risk" means. What happens after the FADC is NOT a completely different situation. You cannot separate the FADC from the SRK. It seems like a terrible way for you to try to justify in your mind that an attempt by Ryu to combo into ultra is completely safe, and it is not.

Oh, at first it was definitely a 50/50 and now it's "not zero risk unless..."? Why bring up the Hk Tatsu? That's a completely separate situation. Combos ending with HK Tatsu don't reduce risk, it's an offensive gamble that may or may not pay off. If you're on the ground and the opponent is standing near you, you can freely SRK -> FADC and face basically zero risk. You think I'm doing some word twister, when you're the one confusing yourself. You think that SRK -> FADC is the same thing as ending with Tatsu. It's not. The Shoryuken is (was) a high risk move that becomes safe after FADCing out of it, because you can't punish the FADC. You're trying to argue that FADCing out is NOT safe because you have twenty different options after you FADC out. Who the hell cares? The Shoryuken is now safe from punishment. What you do after the SRK -> FADC is on you. It's back to a neutral state guessing game.

-It is implied by your rant that you seem to believe that Ryu has a huge advantage over Bison. If you do not believe Ryu to have advantage, then why are you complaining about his toolset vs. Bison? I don't go around yelling "Oh my god, the Ryu vs. Dhalsim match is TOO fair! Look at all these tools that Dhalsim has!", although I might do so if I thought it was a terrible matchup for Ryu.

Oh? It is IMPLIED? I'm glad that you finally figured out your arguments are based on what you infer from my writing. Like I said before, it was a rant. I'm not going to say "oh I'm so mad that Bison's st. mk and st. rh kick ass." Why am I complaining about his moveset? Because I feel like it's bullshit (oh, also because I was upset as most people are during their rant). Doesn't mean the fight isn't even. Here's a better question. Why did you feel so obligated to attack a frustrated player who was obviously ranting and trying to get it out of his system? I thought you didn't care? <3.

Is Sagat a more imperfect character than Ryu? IMHO, yes. It's his damage output and health that make him a bigger threat in most people's eyes (I guess also his kara-bullshit). In any case, I agree with most of the match-up charts. On a professional level, Bison-Ryu is 5-5. It doesn't mean the Bison doesn't have to work harder than the Ryu player. THAT'S what's frustrating to me most of all. Yeah, true Bison-Ryu is 5-5, but that's under ideal conditions with professionals of equal skill level. Under less ideal conditions, it's so much easier for a Ryu to scrub out a win vs. Bison than the other way around.

Finale: Since I don't want to hear any of your crudely thought out rants in this thread, let's do a first to 10 "I quit" match. Loser has to leave this thread until Super comes out, and there is a new thread made for that game. It will be easy to tell who has more game knowledge regarding Ryu. I wouldn't do this on some matchups, but since Ryu vs. Bison is 5-5, its fair. So basically, put up or shut up.

Here's the end of it! An e-tough guy I see! But you see, I never said I was better in Street Fighter than you. In fact, I never claimed to be better than anybody. However, as logicians (I assume you're a logician since you brought up the ad hom attacks above) we also know that you can only judge the arguments and not the source of the arguments. Otherwise... well trying to discredit my arguments because you can beat me in Street Fighter sounds kinda like an ad hom in itself eh? So I politely decline your invitation to play with these stipulations because, truth be told, you may be better than me. That doesn't mean your not-well-thought-out "arguments" are right and mine are wrong though. Either way, I'm really getting tired of arguing with you. Honestly, I wouldn't have made this post if you didn't continue to attack me and try to spin things around. So yeah, I know you want the "last word" or whatever. Go ahead and address my points. Keep it semi-civil. If it makes sense (or whatever) then I won't reply to it anymore. If you continue to attack me, then I'll continue to do the same. And to be fair, you can go as far as I did this post (in terms of insults/vulgarity/whatever).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
SmokeMaxX said:
Ugh. Nice work of fiction there. Also, you've thrown way more ad hom attacks than I have. Go ahead and count if you want.

You don't care about me? That's sweet. That's why you went out of the way to attack my post even though I was obviously ranting because I was frustrated? Yeah, way to show you don't care.

But before you said

Care to show where it was implied that you meant it was "only situational" and/or for "certain characters?

You said before
I said
You said
To this, I replied,

Still trying to make your bullshit arguments?

EDIT: Upon further review, I'll concede this point to you on the nature of semantics. Technically, via the wording used, you're right. The problem is that players tack on the ultra at the end of their combos making a 200-300 damage combo turn into a ~500 damage combo and you're trying to argue that that's insignificant?

This is a bad comparison just like comparing old street fighter games to new street fighter games. Older games didn't have FAs. The original Street Fighter games weren't even fighters. Street Fighter 2 didn't have parries. The move's properties have to change ANYWAY. It's a new engine with new models. It's not going to be exactly the same as it always was. That argument is complete bullshit. So he gets an overpowered move, so what? It doesn't mean it makes any sense. So that's the way it's always been. Still doesn't mean it makes any sense. It's in the game, so I have to live with it. Still doesn't mean it makes any sense. And yeah, if the bottom of your toes touch the Dragon Punch, you get hit by it. Worst thing about that? It used to be high risk / high reward. Whereas, if you blocked the shoryuken, you could punish for so much damage. Now? They FADC out. Oh and yeah, I just made an analogy involving racism and segregation. Ever heard of an analogy?

"Your eyes are as pretty as stars." "Holy shit, this asshole just compared my eyes to burning hot globes of massive nuclear destruction."

Oh, at first it was definitely a 50/50 and now it's "not zero risk unless..."? Why bring up the Hk Tatsu? That's a completely separate situation. Combos ending with HK Tatsu don't reduce risk, it's an offensive gamble that may or may not pay off. If you're on the ground and the opponent is standing near you, you can freely SRK -> FADC and face basically zero risk. You think I'm doing some word twister, when you're the one confusing yourself. You think that SRK -> FADC is the same thing as ending with Tatsu. It's not. The Shoryuken is (was) a high risk move that becomes safe after FADCing out of it, because you can't punish the FADC. You're trying to argue that FADCing out is NOT safe because you have twenty different options after you FADC out. Who the hell cares? The Shoryuken is now safe from punishment. What you do after the SRK -> FADC is on you. It's back to a neutral state guessing game.

Oh? It is IMPLIED? I'm glad that you finally figured out your arguments are based on what you infer from my writing. Like I said before, it was a rant. I'm not going to say "oh I'm so mad that Bison's st. mk and st. rh kick ass." Why am I complaining about his moveset? Because I feel like it's bullshit (oh, also because I was upset as most people are during their rant). Doesn't mean the fight isn't even. Here's a better question. Why did you feel so obligated to attack a frustrated player who was obviously ranting and trying to get it out of his system? I thought you didn't care? <3.

Is Sagat a more imperfect character than Ryu? IMHO, yes. It's his damage output and health that make him a bigger threat in most people's eyes (I guess also his kara-bullshit). In any case, I agree with most of the match-up charts. On a professional level, Bison-Ryu is 5-5. It doesn't mean the Bison doesn't have to work harder than the Ryu player. THAT'S what's frustrating to me most of all. Yeah, true Bison-Ryu is 5-5, but that's under ideal conditions with professionals of equal skill level. Under less ideal conditions, it's so much easier for a Ryu to scrub out a win vs. Bison than the other way around.

Here's the end of it! An e-tough guy I see! But you see, I never said I was better in Street Fighter than you. In fact, I never claimed to be better than anybody. However, as logicians (I assume you're a logician since you brought up the ad hom attacks above) we also know that you can only judge the arguments and not the source of the arguments. Otherwise... well trying to discredit my arguments because you can beat me in Street Fighter sounds kinda like an ad hom in itself eh? So I politely decline your invitation to play with these stipulations because, truth be told, you may be better than me. That doesn't mean your not-well-thought-out "arguments" are right and mine are wrong though. Either way, I'm really getting tired of arguing with you. Honestly, I wouldn't have made this post if you didn't continue to attack me and try to spin things around. So yeah, I know you want the "last word" or whatever. Go ahead and address my points. Keep it semi-civil. If it makes sense (or whatever) then I won't reply to it anymore. If you continue to attack me, then I'll continue to do the same. And to be fair, you can go as far as I did this post (in terms of insults/vulgarity/whatever).

Another novel. Unlike you, I'm actually gonna stop arguing every little point, like I said I would. Have fun pretending to know shit about Ryu, and not putting your money where your mouth is, exactly like I thought! Bye bye!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hey gaf, pick my new character!

I've just graduated from xbox to PC gaming due to low low prices and since I'm going to start SFIV again, might as well do it with a new character.

My previous mains

Blanka - he's awesome but with terrible shortcommings, see blanka vs Balrog and blanka vs sagat

Bison - can't land his ultra for shit and he has no anti air.

So pick my character gaf! I'm half thinking I should just go ryu or sagat because I'm no good with the dominant characters. I kind of like Ken, but don't wanna be a ken scrub :lol

I also only play online, so I guess having an 'online friendly' character would be a good idea, not too many ridiculous links for their bnbs.

taku

catfish said:
hey gaf, pick my new character!

I've just graduated from xbox to PC gaming due to low low prices and since I'm going to start SFIV again, might as well do it with a new character.

My previous mains

Blanka - he's awesome but with terrible shortcommings, see blanka vs Balrog and blanka vs sagat

Bison - can't land his ultra for shit and he has no anti air.

So pick my character gaf! I'm half thinking I should just go ryu or sagat because I'm no good with the dominant characters. I kind of like Ken, but don't wanna be a ken scrub :lol

I also only play online, so I guess having an 'online friendly' character would be a good idea, not too many ridiculous links for their bnbs.
Dan!

Top Bottom