• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
I know but if you test it out in training mode, that's not the case. I tested out some combos just to see how close I could come to killing Seth with a single combo and I got around 67% with Ken, Gouken, and Sagat. And he had about 10% of his life left and not 5 or so meaning his health can't be 700. I even did a HP with each character and Seth still had like a pixel of life left which kind of confirms that his health is probably 750.
Just tested it without the guesswork. Used Abel to far roundhouse him twice for 100dmg each, then ultra for 550 damage, which brought Seth to 0 hp, but when I used forward instead for one of the kicks for 70-80 damage, Seth still had hp left.

750 it is then.

Well, it's still in the user profile, but I dunno how much people can be bothered to click an extra link just to find a reason to rag on someone.

Who am I kidding, they totally will.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Teknopathetic said:
SRK finally gets rid of user join dates!

They got rid of reg dates in Nov or Dec. Definitely a good idea for sure though.

I hope they offer multiple color schemes. White text on black backgrounds faded out of vogue in the early 2000s for a reason.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
SnowWolf said:
They got rid of reg dates in Nov or Dec. Definitely a good idea for sure though.

I hope they offer multiple color schemes. White text on black backgrounds faded out of vogue in the early 2000s for a reason.

The orange text isn't as bad, but the white text KILLS my eyes.

I'm heading onto XBL for a minute. Who wants a taste of my FADC into DP (double penetration)?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Timedog said:
I'd rather see Seth be Sagat tier then where he's at.

Give him Sagat health, then he's bannable and we don't have to worry about the horrid char design.

Either that or just make him Urien- who actually is a good char design.

(Note: I'm not saying he's unstoppable or anything, though he is for some chars. He's just a horribly stupid char design that makes Bao look like a good design in comparison. I'd even rather have the Manto Ape in the game)

Yeah, that SRK design is awful. Definitely makes me thankful for here.

h3ro

Anyone know how I can change a setting that will center the SRK forums or make them fill the entire page like GAF does and the old SRK forums did?

Right now everything is shifted over to the right and images in the Arcade Stick thread aren't fitting on screen horizontally because of the shift.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Hitokage said:
Eventhubs says 700.
Eventhubs does nothing but rip off other people's info, without ever testing it (or bothering to ask for permission). If it's wrong somewhere else, it's wrong on eventhubs too. It's like those song lyrics sites that just copy everything off each other so the first 10 pages of google results give you the same typo.

The Ken and Dhalsim TACVs both had a combo against Seth which did over 700 damage without killing him.

Teknopathetic said:
SRK finally gets rid of user join dates!
It's been like that for at least a month. I don't know when they changed it but i noticed it a while ago. Probably around the time they added a conduct rule about not talking shit to people based on their join date.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
arstal said:
Give him Sagat health, then he's bannable and we don't have to worry about the horrid char design.

Either that or just make him Urien- who actually is a good char design.

(Note: I'm not saying he's unstoppable or anything, though he is for some chars. He's just a horribly stupid char design that makes Bao look like a good design in comparison. I'd even rather have the Manto Ape in the game)

Yeah, that SRK design is awful. Definitely makes me thankful for here.

exactly.

edit: eventscrubs!

Seth is no different than Akuma in ST, and people use him. At least with Seth, they severely handicapped him by giving him low health. Granted, he does have like the best moves in the game...SRK, sonic boom, lightning legs, teleport, SPD, the little draw in, head stomp, wall jump, damn, that's a lot of moves.

I think they should give him original moves in SSFIV. Make him a real boss, not this Dural b.s. But I know them mofos at Capcom...they won't do it. They see nothing wrong with a guy running around in his undies.

And Ricky was beasting. It made it a little boring. The tourney from Friday was a lot more exciting with Choi and Buktooth being there. It's almost like watching an East Coast tournament where J.Wong enters (anti-climatic).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Man, fuerte's hitbox is huge. By accident I did j. hp > cr. mp 3x > tatsu on a guy for like almost half his life, no meter. Didn't think the 3rd one would hit!

Timedog said:
I'd rather see Seth be Sagat tier then where he's at.

As an Abel player might I just say this is a ludicrous suggestion. The character already has an ultra that's impossible to miss against the majority of the cast, a keep away game that makes Dhalsim's look terrible, easy hit conformable combos/block stings and a God damned teleport which make his low defence seem pretty redundant when you're playing as someone who can't get in against him.

The ultra shit is the worst though, I've been down to the wire with Seth's so many times and lost because all I could do is block sonic booms or eat ultras.

fresquito

Heh, I've just discovered the alt costumes are already on my hard drive, but I can't use them if I don't pay Capcom some money for the unlocking key.

And companies still think they are victims...

you know what Farms; your right; it is time for me to pick a new main...

why is Ken retarded in SF4 fuck fuck fuck him and I don't want to play as Ryu or Sagat.

M.Bison training commencing

Wallach

gutter_trash said:
you know what Farms; your right; it is time for me to pick a new main...

why is Ken retarded in SF4 fuck fuck fuck him and I don't want to play as Ryu or Sagat.

M.Bison training commencing

What's wrong with Ken?

Pandaman said:
am i blind or has seasons beatings 4 singles been removed from frame advantage? :(

That's odd. Maybe, they're going to finally release that dern DVD. I'd be willing to pay for it.

And Ken Masters. This is Ken's worst iteration since Super or A3. Gawd. The reason why I liked him in A2 or TS was because he was fun/offensive while Roo was all around.

And Seth should have his own moves. And his ultra could be to download the opponents moves, kind of like 12. Seriously, he's obviously a rip-off of Dural. Silver, bald head, robot...yadda, yadda.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
Timedog: GGs. Like I said, some points in your guide aren't that great. :D

I don't think I did the safe jump thing or whatever cause I didn't really think about it, but my guide is half tongue in cheek if you read between the lines. :D

Wallach

gutter_trash said:
he is not Third Strike Ken and his face looked like it went through the Robocop 1 toxic waste guy treatment

:lol Fair enough.

I always thought he looked like He-Man in a red gi.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
I don't think I did the safe jump thing or whatever cause I didn't really think about it, but my guide is half tongue in cheek if you read between the lines. :D
Yeah, I know. To be fair, I didn't think to mix up my hazanshu attempts until halfway though, and then I was like "HEY, DON'T YOU WANNA DP THIS? I KNOW YOU DO." I was cracking up when you bit hard on it. :lol

Rufus

Wallach said:
I always thought he looked like He-Man in a red gi.
I could swear I have seen a custom Prince Adam texture for him...

I find Guile a lot worse though. He has no god-damn eyebrows. It disturbs me. And don't forget Dee Jay, that creepy grin is disturbing. (No. Lips.)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Hitokage said:
Yeah, I know. To be fair, I didn't think to mix up my hazanshu attempts until halfway though, and then I was like "HEY, DON'T YOU WANNA DP THIS? I KNOW YOU DO." I was cracking up when you bit hard on it. :lol

bahahaha that was awesome! I was laughing too everytime a fierce dp would whiff!

edit: oh, and that crouching punch thing you figured out that made all my jump in attempts whiff, no one's ever done that to me before!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I wish Akuma's dp did knock down after the first hit + had better priority and horizontal distance, but then he might be WAY OP. I have trouble getting into a groove of not using him like ryu. Also I have no clue when to use his ultra other than some jump ins.

Lost Fragment said:
In the trailer with Juri, Hawk, and DeeJay, Ken looks like he has Downs Syndrome or something.

Yeah, I'm sorry. Capcom is lazy. People have complained about Guile, Ken, Rose's face and didn't try to tweak it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, I'm sorry. Capcom is lazy. People have complained about Guile, Ken, Rose's face and didn't try to tweak it.

My main problem with ken is his hair. Also his focus attack looks incredibly dumb.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Hitokage said:
Neither was Ken.
353pxken39467c2lz6.jpg

Hello gorgeous ;)

fresquito said:
Heh, I've just discovered the alt costumes are already on my hard drive, but I can't use them if I don't pay Capcom some money for the unlocking key.

And companies still think they are victims...

all 128 kb of the unlock key!

so does Sagat hate or really like tigers? I mean his super is called Tiger Genocide. Is he talking about the genocide of tigers or a genocide with TIGER-LIKE FORCE

Azure Rathalos

Neo Member
Pop On Arrival said:
so does Sagat hate or really like tigers? I mean his super is called Tiger Genocide. Is he talking about the genocide of tigers or a genocide with TIGER-LIKE FORCE

Does Bison have nightmares about knees?

ArjanN

Timedog said:
My main problem with ken is his hair. Also his focus attack looks incredibly dumb.

Ken's face and mullet do look dumb, but it suits most of the people playing him so well. :lol

Ken uglier than Blanka? Huh?

Guile, Blanka and Vega look the worst in SFIV's 3D. Zangief's a close runner-up, not to mention that Fei-Long is far from pretty either. And to think Capcom has already outdone themselves months before their next game is out by re-introducing DeeJay.

Also:

2qutf0j.png

SnowWolf said:

Darker backgrounds > bright / white backgrounds.

And (not directed at your post specifically) the text on SRK's re-design isn't white, it's grey. Sounds like the contrast ratio or whatever might be too high on your monitor if the letters are practically glowing.

Top Bottom