• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
I need to start doing cr.lp after every tech if I can, I keep hitting the opponent with a cr. lk accidentally, and then I'm like "oh fuck, i could have comboed!".
But if you low tech, then you can do both at the same time!

I always thought salty meant bitter tears.

haunts said:
serious question: has any game made you more salty than street fighter has?

The only one that comes to mind for me is Starcraft.

Virtua Fighter, Shinobi. Fuck Shinobi.

HiResDes

God's Beard said:
I always thought salty meant bitter tears.

Virtua Fighter, Shinobi. Fuck Shinobi.
Virtua Fighter 5 Online, getting hit into a long ass juggle because of lag is the most frustrating thing ever...That and not being able to roll away from ground hits because of lag.

CPS2

LeMaximilian said:
Good question, might want to try it out. It shouldn't matter tho, if it's any direction but up since the important command is lp+lk. SF4 doesn't really care what other directional motions go into a tech, just the buttons.

Funny thing is, Chun Li could do it in 3s, and no other 3s characters could. Was a nasty bug that made her soaring to top tier, amongst a ton of other stuff.

All 3S characters can tech throws while crouching. You might have Chun mixed up because she has pretty good SGGK.

qcf x2

Gr1mLock said:
really?..i mean i have problems every now and then depending on the setup..but now i react more to the distance between me and the other player then anything..if he's in range to throw usually I'll toss out a few grab commands just to stay on the safe side..

IwillnotrantIwillnotrantIwillarggghhhh.... There is no throw range in SF4, as far as I'm concerned. Or the throw range is so vague and manipulable that anything within sweep distance is throw range. Which means yeah, fuck throws. I don't even try to throw people unless they're at what I consider to be honest throw range, which is the characters just about touching, and at this point I'm not changing that for the sake of this flawed system which hopefully and probably will be fixed in SSF4.

Edits:

No of course he doesn't. He doesn't even have a similar move set.

They play nothing alike. Ken can't fireball spam with the same effectiveness, Ken has different combos, Ken requires a different strategy, Ken doesn't have the same ultra setups at all, etc.

About 3s, yeah everyone can crouch tech throw. 3s is where I learned that.

Sanjay

HiResDes said:
Virtua Fighter 5 Online, getting hit into a long ass juggle because of lag is the most frustrating thing ever...That and not being able to roll away from ground hits because of lag.

VF5 has great net code and one of the best quick get up in any fighting game ever.

Calcaneus

Man, I got back into this game hard after playing Tekken for the past two months. I'm pretty much convinced this is my game of the year, its so relaxing and tense at the same time. I've been trying to mess around with some different characters than my usuals, and Abel looks pretty good to me tbh.

Leunam

While I think those combos were pretty cool, the idea of a trailer for an upcoming combo video seems pretty stupid to me.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just had a very salty moment =(

Chun vs Balrog, G1, last round. Both of us have a pixel of health. He has Ultra, I don't have anything nor EX. Both at each corner of the level. I prepare to fireball... but i messed up and somehow jumped backwards and then walljumped, falling in front of him. Needless to say he Ultraed me and I lost.

Felt so salty :lol

XenoRaven

Relix said:
I just had a very salty moment =(

Chun vs Balrog, G1, last round. Both of us have a pixel of health. He has Ultra, I don't have anything nor EX. Both at each corner of the level. I prepare to fireball... but i messed up and somehow jumped backwards and then walljumped, falling in front of him. Needless to say he Ultraed me and I lost.

Felt so salty :lol
a;jkdjf;ladsjf I hate when this happens! The only thing I hate more is when you do her Ultra motion but you accidently hit charge b, f, b, df KKK and instead of the Ultra she does that useless df-lk flip kick.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
qcf x2 said:
IwillnotrantIwillnotrantIwillarggghhhh.... There is no throw range in SF4, as far as I'm concerned. Or the throw range is so vague and manipulable that anything within sweep distance is throw range. Which means yeah, fuck throws. I don't even try to throw people unless they're at what I consider to be honest throw range, which is the characters just about touching, and at this point I'm not changing that for the sake of this flawed system which hopefully and probably will be fixed in SSF4.

Edits:

They play nothing alike. Ken can't fireball spam with the same effectiveness, Ken has different combos, Ken requires a different strategy, Ken doesn't have the same ultra setups at all, etc.

About 3s, yeah everyone can crouch tech throw. 3s is where I learned that.

roffle..ok let me clarify...i mash grab if they're very close.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Timedog said:
yeah, that's what I meant. In case that comes out buffer a cr. lp so you can combo.
yeah i start all my combos with the cr. (lp + lk), cr. lp option select. it worked great for sakura, but sucks ass w/ akuma :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If I was still a teenager, I think SF4 would make me saltier than any game ever has. Things used to get fuckin HEATED back in the day when I'd play those N64 wrestling games with friends :lol

But yeah, I definitely do get pissed sometimes, but a lot of that is my own dumb fault for being masochistic enough to play Viper a lot online. You can hear some of that come out in that one video I uploaded of me losing to a scrubby Balrog. But, even though I'm starting to take the game more seriously and looking into going to offline tournies (can't make it to KiT though :E), in the end it's just a video game and there are much more worthy things in the world to be pissed off about.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kaako said:
Who the hell is Diego?! :mad:
Dora the explorer cousin LAWLZ
Daigo Umehara == Diego Umejuarez

Timedog said:
sigh, Diego Umejuarez, master of the mexican-style uppercut fadc.
Exactly, Diego Umejuarez is also my MSN little message under the nick name.

qcf x2

Wow, tonight was the night (actually last night) that I finally figured out SF4. I had a 32 game win streak ended by Sagat's double f+HK into Ultra. :( I was cycling between Viper, Rose, Cammy and Sakura, facing people who were most definitely not scrubs. Rush down is not my philosophy but damn if it doesn't make winning a lot easier in this game!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
henhowc said:
So which one of you guys just beat me up on XBL with Chun-li?
GGs. I take it you main Dhalsim.

Man, I hate it when I start whiffing my ultra, then I start overcompensating and do the full input at times when I don't really mean to. :/

RedAssedApe

Banned
Hitokage said:
GGs. I take it you main Dhalsim.

Man, I hate it when I start whiffing my ultra, then I start overcompensating and do the full input at times when I don't really mean to. :/

YOGA! I think he's the most fun character to play. :)

That was the most number of matches I've played under 3 bars ever. Probably why you were missing these ultras in the first place. I laughed a little bit the two times you tried to ultra me from across the screen when I was using Guile. Jab Jab :D

hitsugi

Pandaman said:
wait, would there be a reason to not use down back? [with anyone other then dhalsim]

honestly with the way SF4 shortcuts can get, going from any direction to down-back could do god knows what. max and I have had talks about crazy SF4 shortcuts which is why I was surprised he goes to down-back.

gutabo

haunts said:

MvC2. Oh god... don't get me started. God tier stuff as it was discovered got me REALLY salty. Heck, when AHVBxN was discovered, it was a game changing move.

BTW, I have spent lots of time with the wife now so I'm open to a new tourney! :D

Ysiadmihi

Banned
2vljhhw.jpg

4kBP Sagat player :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I grew up with guys being better than I am in any fighting game so I don't get mad when I lose. I'm now better than a majority of them so it's all good. Poor sportsmanship itself is the anger not the game.

A few months ago some SRK nut beat me in MVSC2 using Sentinel, Storm and Magneto while I had Sakura, Akuma and Psylocke. I was doing pretty good until the whole trap and projectile spamming kicked in. He had to nerve to insult me after the game. Try beating me with lower tier characters. :D

Going to play any fighter after playing SFIV and getting use to FADC stuff is a real killer. I keep trying to tech and backdash in HDR. :lol

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
4 definitely has pissed me off more then most games i can remember..HDR sometimes too..but i have days where i pick the game up..start playing...all is well..then as the night goes on i just start slowly boiling..its not even winning or loosing..i can win all night long and still be raging...and i have never had a problem with loosing..its something about online play (aside from lag of course) that just doesn't agree with me..

MIMIC

Banned
haunts said:

Halo 3. Lone Wolves Playlist.

I shoot a player. He starts to shoot back at me. I have lowered his health and have a guaranteed kill. Then along comes another player....shoots us BOTH; gets us both.

*DOUBLE KILL*

There is nothing worse -_-

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kadey said:
I grew up with guys being better than I am in any fighting game so I don't get mad when I lose. I'm now better than a majority of them so it's all good. Poor sportsmanship itself is the anger not the game.

A few months ago some SRK nut beat me in MVSC2 using Sentinel, Storm and Magneto while I had Sakura, Akuma and Psylocke. I was doing pretty good until the whole trap and projectile spamming kicked in. He had to nerve to insult me after the game. Try beating me with lower tier characters. :D

Going to play any fighter after playing SFIV and getting use to FADC stuff is a real killer. I keep trying to tech and backdash in HDR. :lol

You really should enter Evo one year. I'd so want to see the faces of the people playing you when you beat them.

Mœbius

Gr1mLock said:
..its something about online play (aside from lag of course) that just doesn't agree with me..
Same here; it's hugely frustrating and hard to simply enjoy because of the issues (saying that I'm never a sore loser to the point of sending someone a rage-filled message). On the other hand playing locally with friends is a joy, win or lose.

Ysiadmihi said:
2vljhhw.jpg

4kBP Sagat player :lol
Do you recall his name?

I've played a 4k BP Sagat on PC who was decent but thats hilarious.

On a different note..

EDIT: I love when I choose my main and I lose to a really good player then they choose the same character thinking they are SOOOO damn good that they can beat me with my main in a mirror.. then they get humiliated and leave..

Its not even gratifying, its retarded.

h3ro

Those filters look so hot!

I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be great if we had a few of them in the console version of SSFIV.

Top Bottom