• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
why can't I ever do Chun's ultra? I'm holding downback and with the square gate, going from db to df to db to df then all 3 buttons. I don't understand, it seems like with the square gate it should be so easy!?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Timedog said:
why can't I ever do Chun's ultra? I'm holding downback and with the square gate, going from db to df to db to df then all 3 buttons. I don't understand, it seems like with the square gate it should be so easy!?
This must be a clean forward or you whiff, same as with kikouken.

XenoRaven

TurtleSnatcher said:
http://www.frys.com/product/5912264?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Yep

Been like this for months now..
Well would you look at that. >_>

Hitokage said:
This must be a clean forward or you whiff, same as with kikouken.
Yep. It happens to me all the time. df KKK will register as df lk, which is pratically useless.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man this game is making me feel like a scrub. I can't finish Sakura's normal trials because how in the hell am I supposed to link a Shouoken into a Haru Ichiban? That's too much crap to do in like 3 frames.

Wallach

Dice said:
Man this game is making me feel like a scrub. I can't finish Sakura's normal trials because how in the hell am I supposed to link a Shouoken into a Haru Ichiban? That's too much crap to do in like 3 frames.

Don't rush it, really, you can super cancel from a Shouoken right up until you start to come off the ground.

K.Sabot

Pro player Alex Valle doing a straight up tutorial on Fighting games on the stream. He's doing a very good job explaining.

New players HAVE to see this.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
K.Sabot said:
Pro player Alex Valle doing a straight up tutorial on Fighting games on the stream. He's doing a very good job explaining.

New players HAVE to see this.
DR2K just got a new tag from a discussion on that stream.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wallach said:
Right on. Sakura is the best, don't let these guys fool you. :D
Her legs are the best... at spin kicking... yes, that's it... spin kicking. >_>

I went on a Bison run and was losing half winning half, I tried continuing with him then went onto a losing streak

then switched back to Honda... won two G1 Championships.... like I am cursed forever to play as Honda lol

but they were scrubby tonight though. Some had reusable AI rince and wash while others flowcharted... oh well

only a Zangief was figuring me out but I luckily beat em by a mistake of his that left him open

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DR2K said:
I saw, lol. Shame I didn't see the stream. So I don't get the reference.
A Cammy player kept whining how much Cammys normals sucked until Ed Ma got sick of it and switched from Akuma to Cammy and completely owned him in footsies. It was then remarked that Ed Ma was just using the same character, not some "EX Cammy".

Threi

notag
gutter_trash said:
I went on a Bison run and was losing half winning half, I tried continuing with him then went onto a losing streak

then switched back to Honda... won two G1 Championships.... like I am cursed forever to play as Honda lol

but they were scrubby tonight though. Some had reusable AI rince and wash while others flowcharted... oh well

only a Zangief was figuring me out but I luckily beat em by a mistake of his that left him open
If you want to play a charge char that has some sort of a defense against the shoto bullshit (unlike bison) why not try Balrog? Or give Chun and her really good pokes/air game a shot?

DR2K

Banned
Hitokage said:
A Cammy player kept whining how much Cammys normals sucked until Ed Ma got sick of it and switched from Akuma to Cammy and completely owned him in footsies. It was then remarked that Ed Ma was just using the same character, not some "EX Cammy".

Ah, very fitting. I've heard Ed Ma's Cammy is really good. Shame I missed it in action.

Can I have my avatar privileges back, lol?

Killa Sasa said:
It was JChensor, actually. Dude detailed this about a month ago on the Cammy boards.

OHhh that incident, when they went into a mirror match. JChen kept calling himself a scrub lol. I thought this was something that happened on the stream tonight.

DR2K

Banned
Jchen is one of the most on point Cammy players out there, I'm surprised he's complaining about Cammy, since he's been doing so well with her lately. At least what I've seen from the streams.

Edit oh well, going to play some late night SFIV.

Anyone on gaf is welcome to take on my scrubby Cammy. PSn: OnslaughtDR2K

DR2K said:
Jchen is one of the most on point Cammy players out there, I'm surprised he's complaining about Cammy, since he's been doing so well with her lately. At least what I've seen from the streams.

Playing against Ed Ma tends to make people do that :/

I just saw a match on the xbl SF4 leaderboard replays with Chris Hu vs Kreymore. They were both using Abel. Kreymore won 2 - 0.

Yes, I saved that replay to my HDD

Also, isn't Shizza GT Shizza24? I believe I saw him just wreck a Rawg on the replays as well.

fresquito

I've just played some Fei Long for the first time. I'm surprised at the horrible Ultra. It's awesome to see, but one single focus attack will block it. WTF? Then you have simple specials that will crush focus?

If they were aiming for balance between characters, they fucked it big time. One wonders how in this day and age, with all the patches that can be applied, Capcom haven't fixed things like these.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So when is El Fuerte target combo useful? Against FAs?

Ive been goofing around with Fei Long these days, its mad fun but it think he needs more normals that cancel on Rekkas. (I only found Standing HP and crouching LP)

fresquito

Dalshim is fun to play. However I find his Super Special and Ultra very lacking. Sure, you can hit your rival while he's going through the Ultra, but what for? You probably will deal less damage than with any other Ultra alone.

So I comboed Ultra and SS so I could give a regular Ultra damage. Again, it's obvious from my few first hours how unbalanced characters are. At this point I'm thinking they unbalance characters on purpose.

Top Bottom