• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
fresquito said:
Dalshim is fun to play. However I find his Super Special and Ultra very lacking. Sure, you can hit your rival while he's going through the Ultra, but what for? You probably will deal less damage than with any other Ultra alone.

So I comboed Ultra and SS so I could give a regular Ultra damage. Again, it's obvious from my few first hours how unbalanced characters are. At this point I'm thinking they unbalance characters on purpose.
Uh...

Maybe you should focus less on individual moves and more on how they contribute to an overall gameplan. As for the bolded, you clearly haven't seen a Dhalsim drop an ultra on top of somebody, then teleport behind them to break their guard.

HiResDes

arstal said:
PSN right?

HDR is the one game where I find the shotos fun, especially Ken.
I'm much better at HDR I find whenever I go back, but maybe thats becausae Honda is better in the aforementioned game. I won 5 straight in Remix the other day after having not played in a while.

fresquito

Hitokage said:
Uh...

Maybe you should focus less on individual moves and more on how they contribute to an overall gameplan. As for the bolded, you clearly haven't seen a Dhalsim drop an ultra on top of somebody, then teleport behind them to break their guard.
I have seen, and have done, but the damage given hasn't been that great. I mean, for istance, Rufu's Ultra will do more damage without having to resort to any second or third action.

Now, as I said, I think Dalshim is fun to play, but he's very underpowered compared to other characters in so many levels. Another example: I do an Ultra right before Ryu, he does his Ultra just after me. And who dies? me. Why does he has priority even when he did it after me? Because he's overpowered, plain easy.

Why Fei Long Ultra can be countered with a simple FA when some specials break FAs? I'm not saying you can't do a thing with these characters, I'm just surprised at how unbalanced they are. Now, you can build from their strenghs and flaws, but one has to wonder why do they have so many obvious flaws in the first place.

HiResDes

fresquito said:
I have seen, and have done, but the damage given hasn't been that great. I mean, for istance, Rufu's Ultra will do more damage without having to resort to any second or third action.

Now, as I said, I think Dalshim is fun to play, but he's very underpowered compared to other characters in so many levels. Another example: I do an Ultra right before Ryu, he does his Ultra just after me. And who dies? me. Why does he has priority even when he did it after me? Because he's overpowered, plain easy.

Why Fei Long Ultra can be countered with a simple FA when some specials break FAs? I'm not saying you can't do a thing with these characters, I'm just surprised at how unbalanced they are. Now, you can build from their strenghs and flaws, but one has to wonder why do they have so many obvious flaws in the first place.
Fei Long's Ultra is just shit, I remember one time I was messing around with him and this guy did a random hurricane kick, I did my ultra, and he still hit me...Shit's Fei Long's FA and some of his normals are pretty much the only awesome things he has, the command throw doesn't even have the range to really be a huge difference maker.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
fresquito said:

hahahaha, most of the ultra's in the game work like that. Whoever does ultra last wins out. Ryu's ultra also has some invincibility frames. Learn how the game works before complaining about stuff.

fresquito

Timedog said:
hahahaha, most of the ultra's in the game work like that. Whoever does ultra last wins out. Ryu's ultra also has some invincibility frames. Learn how the game works before complaining about stuff.
Maybe I'm complaining about how the game works? Besides, you add to my point when you say Ryu's Ultra has some invincibility frames.

HiResDes

McBradders said:
This thread has turned so 'salty' :(
:lol sorry for my contributions...I'm just glad that I'll always have SFIV to go back to in case SSFIV turns out to be completely broken...Although, I know it won't.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Abel's elbow fucking sucks. Fuck you Abel. Fix your god damned arm. so fucking useless... oh the dude crouched?! well I guess I'll just hit once then!! jump in? let's hit once and not let it be the launching second hit. weeeeee!
Fuck. THis. Shit.
>:O

1264047002_3170b7de24.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone have some links to great Chris Hu commentaries?

AZ Greg

I was bored and decided to take a look back through this thread around the game's launch. The shoto hate/struggle was amazing. :lol You'd think Ryu/Ken were god tier based on some of the complaining. But you can really see how far a lot of people have come.

It's also interesting to see the amount of people who wanted to open the game and go straight online vs. the people who wanted to play a bunch of single-player to get acquainted with the game before they go online. I remember when I first got it I set things to easy pretty much right away to start unlocking some characters so I could get online ASAP. I was checking over my achievements and I didn't beat the game on medium, despite having it since launch, until Sept. 30th! :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AZ Greg said:
I was bored and decided to take a look back through this thread around the game's launch. The shoto hate/struggle was amazing. :lol You'd think Ryu/Ken were god tier based on some of the complaining. But you can really see how far a lot of people have come.

It's also interesting to see the amount of people who wanted to open the game and go straight online vs. the people who wanted to play a bunch of single-player to get acquainted with the game before they go online. I remember when I first got it I set things to easy pretty much right away to start unlocking some characters so I could get online ASAP. I was checking over my achievements and I didn't beat the game on medium, despite having it since launch, until Sept. 30th! :lol

I called the unlocking in SP grinding for a reason. It was less fun then playing WoW.
I would have paid for an unlock code, seriously.

I haven't played SP since.

fresquito

Do you have to play as any specific character to unlock Akuma? I've just beaten the game with Zangi, second play through, more than one perfect (although no Ultra finish) and still didn't get the chance to play against Akuma. The OP says you only need one perfect, no Ultras stated. What went wrong?

fresquito said:
Do you have to play as any specific character to unlock Akuma? I've just beaten the game with Zangi, second play through, more than one perfect (although no Ultra finish) and still didn't get the chance to play against Akuma. The OP says you only need one perfect, no Ultras stated. What went wrong?
you need to unlock Gen, Cammy, Dan, Fei, Rose, and Sakura beforehand

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Someone please confirm to me that El Fuerte is the worst character and obviously made as a joke character to replace the now beefed-up Dan? I'm having a hard time thinking of any character worse than El Fuerte... in any game. His moves seem to have been designed to wiff as much as possible, he does like half the damage of anyone else while taking major damage, his regular moves seem stronger than his special moves, he can pretty much get grabbed out of anything, he does not get priority for seemingly anything, he has ridiculous recoup on most things and he just plain sucks design-wise. I seriously just had to continue with him over 20 times on EASIEST. I finally did so by spamming HP until I barely scraped out a win, and it seriously took some 20 of them to finish off Seth. Then playing through arcade with Dan I'm pretty sure I never dropped below 80% LG. Why did they make this guy instead of putting in R. Mika?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dice said:
Someone please confirm to me that El Fuerte is the worst character and obviously made as a joke character to replace the now beefed-up Dan? I'm having a hard time thinking of any character worse than El Fuerte... in any game. His moves seem to have been designed to wiff as much as possible, he does like half the damage of anyone else while taking major damage, his regular moves seem stronger than his special moves, he can pretty much get grabbed out of anything, he does not get priority for seemingly anything, he has ridiculous recoup on most things and he just plain sucks design-wise. I seriously just had to continue with him over 20 times on EASIEST. Then playing with Dan I'm pretty sure I never dropped below 80% LG. Why did they make this guy instead of putting in R. Mika?

Wake up shenanigans. Try them. Not against the computer.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Timedog said:
Wake up shenanigans. Try them. Not against the computer.
No, he is dead to me. I will never touch him again, except with another character punching or kicking him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dice said:
Someone please confirm to me that El Fuerte is the worst character and obviously made as a joke character to replace the now beefed-up Dan? I'm having a hard time thinking of any character worse than El Fuerte... in any game. His moves seem to have been designed to wiff as much as possible, he does like half the damage of anyone else while taking major damage, his regular moves seem stronger than his special moves, he can pretty much get grabbed out of anything, he does not get priority for seemingly anything, he has ridiculous recoup on most things and he just plain sucks design-wise. I seriously just had to continue with him over 20 times on EASIEST. I finally did so by spamming HP until I barely scraped out a win, and it seriously took some 20 of them to finish off Seth. Then playing through arcade with Dan I'm pretty sure I never dropped below 80% LG. Why did they make this guy instead of putting in R. Mika?
Search "buktooth" on youtube, and be amazed.

fresquito

It happened to me again. I beat Akuma with old Zangi, then beat the game with Akuma and picked Zangi up again to fasten things out. More than two perfects and more than three Ultra endings. After Seth combat it was Akuma who appeared instead of Gouken. Beated him and saw the ending.

I used no continues. Do I need to beat the game with Akuma or any specific character to fight Gouken?

gutabo

fresquito said:
It happened to me again. I beat Akuma with old Zangi, then beat the game with Akuma and picked Zangi up again to fasten things out. More than two perfects and more than three Ultra endings. After Seth combat it was Akuma who appeared instead of Gouken. Beated him and saw the ending.

I used no continues. Do I need to beat the game with Akuma or any specific character to fight Gouken?
Gamefaqs says: Complete the game with Akuma. Then (in single round matches) get at least 1 perfect, 3 Ultra Finishes, 5 first attacks and don't use any continues.

fresquito

gutabo said:
Gamefaqs says: Complete the game with Akuma. Then (in single round matches) get at least 1 perfect, 3 Ultra Finishes, 5 first attacks and don't use any continues.
Thanks.

Gouken: After finishing the game with Gouki, defeat Gouken with any character
[At least two perfects, no continues, at least three Ultra finishes]
That's what the OP says. Someone please correct it.

Garcian

fresquito said:

Seth Killian blogged with instructions on how to unlock Gouken - clickage

gutabo

gutabo said:
Invite me for a first to 5! Gutabo2
Good games TaKeRx, I DESPISE balrog so it was a good practice. I still have to work on the patience tho.

EDIT: You were born here? What a coincidence! Where? Lima? You have family here?

EDIT 2: I despise writing with a controller too ;)

TaKeRx

gutabo said:
Good games TaKeRx, I DESPISE balrog so it was a good practice. I still have to work on the patience tho.

EDIT: You were born here? What a coincidence! Where? Lima? You have family here?

EDIT 2: I despise writing with a controller too ;)

Yea man GG's ironically enough i despise Honda, mostly because of the Sumo Splash. Yea I was born there and do have family there as well. Was thinking of going on June.

gutabo

TaKeRx said:
Yea man GG's ironically enough i despise Honda, mostly because of the Sumo Splash. Yea I was born there and do have family there as well. Was thinking of going on June.
LOL what are the odds man! Let me know when you come so we can have some drinks and some games too(lagless yay!). My wife can cook lomo saltado and carapulcra and we can get cebiche somewhere else!(she's alergic to fish)

I hate balrog because online I mostly face turtle balrogs that do NOTHING but walk backwards. So I tend to get mad easily. Also balrog has so many ways to shut down honda, the fat guy can only rely on gimmicks to win(at least that's how I see it). You weren't turtling so that was great but I think I still have to work on my patience more. Will love to play you again sometime soon!

TaKeRx

gutabo said:
LOL what are the odds man! Let me know when you come so we can have some drinks and some games too(lagless yay!). My wife can cook lomo saltado and carapulcra and we can get cebiche somewhere else!(she's alergic to fish)

I hate balrog because online I mostly face turtle balrogs that do NOTHING but walk backwards. So I tend to get mad easily. Also balrog has so many ways to shut down honda, the fat guy can only rely on gimmicks to win(at least that's how I see it). You weren't turtling so that was great but I think I still have to work on my patience more. Will love to play you again sometime soon!
Yep me and you both need to work on patience. If you want to play some more now let me know so I can send you a message. and Fuck yea to drinking and lagless playing. I down!

gutabo

TaKeRx said:
Yep me and you both need to work on patience. If you want to play some more now let me know so I can send you a message. and Fuck yea to drinking and lagless playing. I down!
Gimme some time so I can get today's championship mode's quota and we can play another first to 5, I want revenge! :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
i have a player match lobby open right now that was meant for gutabo 17 hours ago. I'm keeping this shit open for 24 hours.

Top Bottom