• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
gutabo said:
LOL what are the odds man! Let me know when you come so we can have some drinks and some games too(lagless yay!). My wife can cook lomo saltado and carapulcra and we can get cebiche somewhere else!(she's alergic to fish)

I hate balrog because online I mostly face turtle balrogs that do NOTHING but walk backwards. So I tend to get mad easily. Also balrog has so many ways to shut down honda, the fat guy can only rely on gimmicks to win(at least that's how I see it). You weren't turtling so that was great but I think I still have to work on my patience more. Will love to play you again sometime soon!

VS turtle rogs, just get a lead and make them come to you. Most of them don't know how to generate offense vs Honda, just be sure to whiff oichios whenever you can get away with it to get more EX's. If you have EX, he can't get in. Going Gief and trying to oichio Rogs is how I try to get a lead usually. (If you use one of Hondas jab/shorts to tick, you're at + frames, so he can't jab out, does not work with crouching job which is even though)

gutabo

Timedog said:
i have a player match lobby open right now that was meant for gutabo 17 hours ago. I'm keeping this shit open for 24 hours.
OMG! so sorry! ok ok what's your GT?

EDIT: Hey, we have already played! Lemme know whenever you wanna play again, right now your status is "Away for 11 hours" :(

Grifter

I skidded into a ditch (barely missing a tree) before a couple (football looking) guys pushed me out, then almost went off an uphill road. I'll take that as a sign to stop trying for now.

Working from home if anyone wants some lunchtime XBL games. :lol

Bison players, is there some sort of trick to landing 2xc.lk>scissor ? I can only do it like 10% of the time. Or do I just suck at timing? 2x c.lp, c.lk>scissor kick I can do all day. but linking that damn c.lk is really fucking up the options I have to work with.

Actually same goes for ryu and ken when starting combos with c.lk, i just can't do it consistently :(

Cynar

bdizzle said:
Bison players, is there some sort of trick to landing 2xc.lk>scissor ? I can only do it like 10% of the time. Or do I just suck at timing? 2x c.lp, c.lk>scissor kick I can do all day. but linking that damn c.lk is really fucking up the options I have to work with.

Actually same goes for ryu and ken when starting combos with c.lk, i just can't do it consistently :(

It just takes practice. Keep at it and eventually you'll get the timing right.

bdizzle said:

One thing that may help is on the second c.lk, hold the button then hit towards and release it. You'll do the "negative edge" (still hate this term, lol) for the move and it'll be a really easy special cancel (or 2-in-1 as it used to be called). Also helps that lk scissors is the fastest and easiest to combo into.

Cynar said:
It just takes practice. Keep at it and eventually you'll get the timing right.

i was hoping you wouldn't say that lol

hikarutilmitt said:
One thing that may help is on the second c.lk, hold the button then hit towards and release it. You'll do the "negative edge" (still hate this term, lol) for the move and it'll be a really easy special cancel (or 2-in-1 as it used to be called). Also helps that lk scissors is the fastest and easiest to combo into.

the c.lk sciscor kick i can do no prob. it's linking a normal after the c. lk im struggling with.

Threi

notag
it's a 1 frame link IIRC (c.lk has bad recovery) so its just a matter of getting the timing down. It is very slightly slower than linking c.lp if that helps. Don't watch bison's animation, the fast startup versus slow recovery will throw you off.

Personally despite it being his BnB i avoid using it just because it is tougher to link.

Grifter

after you get the c.lk rhythm, be ready for the change at the last c.lk to do c.lk > scissor in 1 motion. c.lk > db goes to df > lk.

pain to learn but it's really the key to a good bison.

Threi said:
it's a 1 frame link IIRC (c.lk has bad recovery) so its just a matter of getting the timing down. It is very slightly slower than linking c.lp if that helps. Don't watch bison's animation, the fast startup versus slow recovery will throw you off.

Personally despite it being his BnB i avoid using it just because it is tougher to link.

well, i miss a lot of easy combos because by the time i do c.lp, c.lk to catch my opponent with a low attack, the defender blocks low 75% of the time. but when i start with c.lk (on wakeup, crossup, etc) i get ~75% of people i play off guard, that's why i'm trying to learn it. And when I do connect with a c.lk, i can't link a 2nd or 3rd one to hit confirm, so I miss a lot of easy damage.

Grifter said:
after you get the c.lk rhythm, be ready for the change at the last c.lk to do c.lk > scissor in 1 motion. c.lk > db goes to df > lk.

pain to learn but it's really the key to a good bison.

i'm confused....are you basically saying after the c.lk, just be quick in canceling to a scissor kick?

Threi

notag
bdizzle said:
i'm confused....are you basically saying after the c.lk, just be quick in canceling to a scissor kick?
more like change the mindset in your head of what you are doing, and treat the c.lk xx scissors as one piece of the combo. So instead of saying "im gunna do c.lk x3 xx scissors", you approach it like "i'm gunna do c.lk x2, then a c.lk xx scissors"

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm uploading the first match between me and turtlesnatcher's first to 10. I don't think there's sound cause the sound is effed on my comp. He perfects me the very first round of the first to 10!

YakiSOBA

Question:

am I doing this right? I've been playing more Ryu lately, and everytime I land 2-3 crouching lp's, I'm practicing to SRK-->FADC-->ultra whenever I have ultra + 2 bars saved up.... I figure if I keep practicing this my muscle memory will kick in and I'll be able to land that pretty much anytime I land a low-punch on the opponent?

edit Q2: also, do you guys use shortcuts to FADC? like hitting forward + mp + mk, forward, ultra?

Or are u guys going mp+mk, forward, forward, ultra?

Timedog said:
I'm uploading the first match between me and turtlesnatcher's first to 10. I don't think there's sound cause the sound is effed on my comp. He perfects me the very first round of the first to 10!

Youtube?

Link please?

Timedog said:
Ugh those matches were terribad.. For us both.

Impatience of me for the win.

Haha.. I can tell when I just want to land ultra.. i just do tons of fake wall jumps cuz im so determined to land an ultra for the hell of it :(

EDIT: Awesome slide after srk punish.. good ultra there..

Awesome random jabs before he wakes up.. suppose to be a run..

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
Ugh those matches were terribad.. For us both.

Impatience of me for the win.

Haha.. I can tell when I just want to land ultra.. i just do tons of fake wall jumps cuz im so determined to land an ultra for the hell of it :(

EDIT: Awesome slide after srk punish.. good ultra there..

Awesome random jabs before he wakes up.. suppose to be a run..

okay, it's working!

That cr. fp into ex srk on wakeup in round 2 was classic Timedog saikyo Ryu!

FindMyFarms said:
Man I wanna play Timedog ft10. Bet I beat you with random select! :p

Once Super comes out go to Turtle's house and we'll make a GAF spectator lobby and do this. Also check out the video tags cause I hit that weakpoint for massive damage, bro.

Timedog said:
Once Super comes out go to Turtle's house and we'll make a GAF spectator lobby and do this. Also check out the video tags cause I hit that weakpoint for massive damage, bro.

Why wait til Super?:D Plus I wouldn't know how to play any of the new 10 spin fighters, so it would throw a wrench into my random select play.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
FindMyFarms said:
Why wait til Super?:D Plus I wouldn't know how to play any of the new 10 spin fighters, so it would throw a wrench into my random select play.

GAF lobby, baby. Up the drama! I can't record on xbl. We'll give you some time to get accustomed to the new characters, i'm sure you'll want to try them out a bunch at the beginning anyway.

Also check out the wildlives video on my profile if you wanna see how Timedog lays pipe. Imagine your random select as that audiman. You have no chance to survive, make your time.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've had the player match lobby with an invite for Gutabo up for approximately 26 hours running on my tv. Should I keep going? Am I gonna get burn in on my lcd?

Threi said:
more like change the mindset in your head of what you are doing, and treat the c.lk xx scissors as one piece of the combo. So instead of saying "im gunna do c.lk x3 xx scissors", you approach it like "i'm gunna do c.lk x2, then a c.lk xx scissors"
Ah gotcha, I don't have any problems cancelling c.lk to scissor kick. For instance I can do 3x c.lp, c.lk>scisccor kick on command. It's linking a normal after a c.lk I can't do. It's like with his last challenge. It took me forever linking the c.lk to c.lp.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
ThatCrazyGuy said:
That's all I thought during the MK combo too, haha. So much spinning.
Yeah it could've gone a lot faster but there's no command for transforming back, so i had to use the slowest moves i could find to give it time to expire. Even then the last move barely registered. What's funny is the combo counter doesn't even bother showing up unless you do that last move.

Man does anyone even play on psn anymore? Everytime I like for any kinda match a barely get any results.

If someone wants a match invite me.

Psn: longmeat

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
bdizzle said:
Man does anyone even play on psn anymore? Everytime I like for any kinda match a barely get any results.

Dude, you're on xbl too! I added you awhile ago, but I NEVER see you on! I've been wanting to battle that ass for awhile now!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
bdizzle said:

I would, but I've only been playing on arcade stick for like 3 days now and I'm afraid. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
bdizzle said:

I played two days ago. Had to wait 20 minutes for a match. Said hell to it and went into arcade mode taking out my frustration on the poor A.I. Results can be seen if want.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've had the player match lobby with an invite for Gutabo up for approximately 29 hours running on my tv. Should I keep going? Am I gonna get burn in on my lcd?

PS: I really want to play Kadey and get beaten by a girl.

Lost Fragment said:
Here you go

The hardest part of that combo was the seismo after the ex knuckle :lol

Doh! I always forget about the dizzy. I was thinking of the most ridiculous shenanigans and setups in order to land all the specials/ex without even considering dizzy.

qcf x2

Timedog said:
I've had the player match lobby with an invite for Gutabo up for approximately 29 hours running on my tv. Should I keep going? Am I gonna get burn in on my lcd?

PS: I really want to play Kadey and get beaten by a girl.

Yo TD let's try the lag matches again. My Viper feels like having a swim underwater.

PS: I really want to play Kadey and beat a girl.

No Chris Brown.
Girls like confidence

Top Bottom