• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ragequit. Funniest in a while.

roseg.gif

XenoRaven

Kadey said:
Ragequit. Funniest in a while.

roseg.gif
Man Guile player. Mix in a crouching fierce or a tech attempt once in awhile.

Also, I hate Ryu and I hate the Shoryuken and I hope whoever came up with idea for that move has it done to them over and over so they can see how annoying it is. Oh you jumped? SRK. You poke? SRK. You pressure on knock-down? Wake up SRK. You cross-up? Auto-correct SRK. Where the hell is my offense supposed to come from exactly? Damn.

I need to practice more and better at this game so I can stop hating Ryu so much. =(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknopathetic said:
"Where the hell is my offense supposed to come from exactly? Damn."

Baiting SRKs.

Exactly. I love rushing forward like if i was gonna grab them and they SRK. Auto Ultra for me usually :lol

Though I loathe people who bait EX SBK... i have grown out of that habit but Ill be damned if I don't do it every once in a while.

XenoRaven said:
Also, I hate Ryu and I hate the Shoryuken and I hope whoever came up with idea for that move has it done to them over and over so they can see how annoying it is. Oh you jumped? SRK. You poke? SRK. You pressure on knock-down? Wake up SRK. You cross-up? Auto-correct SRK. Where the hell is my offense supposed to come from exactly? Damn.(
so s-rank :3

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How do you prevent Gief from getting a wake-up SPD on you? I've been sucked into an endless loop several times and it seems like no matter what I do he gets it.

DR2K

Banned
Dice said:
How do you prevent Gief from getting a wake-up SPD on you? I've been sucked into an endless loop several times and it seems like no matter what I do he gets it.

Back dash on wake up.

bumpkin

XenoRaven said:
Also, I hate Ryu and I hate the Shoryuken and I hope whoever came up with idea for that move has it done to them over and over so they can see how annoying it is. Oh you jumped? SRK. You poke? SRK. You pressure on knock-down? Wake up SRK. You cross-up? Auto-correct SRK. Where the hell is my offense supposed to come from exactly? Damn.
Let me introduce you to my friend, Mister Masters. :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is Honda a bad match against Cammy? I generally do okay with him but she gives me the most trouble by far. Her specials seem to take priority over his and her normals seem faster.

I love this game. I never felt so addicted and had so much desire to improve in a fighting game. The closest was VF4 Evo, but this is really more my style. I'm sure actually having a good arcade stick is a huge part of it, but all the changes they've made to the gameplay system have really opened up my style of play compared to other SF games. I have Assassins Creed II just sitting here untouched, and I'll probably have FFXIII and Red Dead Redemption just sitting around later as I play SSF4. I always said that Capcom makes magic about every 5 years, and this is definitely their new magic after RE4.

DR2K

Banned
Dice said:
Is Honda a bad match against Cammy? I generally do okay with him but she gives me the most trouble by far. Her specials seem to take priority over his and her normals seem faster.

I'd say it's about even.

Dice said:

I love this game. I never felt so addicted and had so much desire to improve in a fighting game. The closest was VF4 Evo, but this is really more my style. I'm sure actually having a good arcade stick is a huge part of it, but all the changes they've made to the gameplay system have really opened up my style of play compared to other SF games. I have Assassins Creed II just sitting here untouched, and I'll probably have FFXIII and Red Dead Redemption just sitting around later as I play SSF4. I always said that Capcom makes magic about every 5 years, and this is definitely their new magic after RE4.

A big part of honda vs. cammy is making sure you have cr. jab to hands down. There's a lot of mid screen dancing footsies, and cammy can punish a lot of honda's pokes. Cr. jab is really fast and pretty hard to whiff punish, so if you option select the hands every time you'll either catch one of cammy's pokes and do HHS, or get cr. jab to hhs on block, which gets you close to cammy on your terms.

Most important thing is making sure you don't get knocked down by her because her ambiguous dive kick set ups tend to eff with honda. Keep in mind though that the dive kick never actually crosses up, but if set up right, it'll be hard to tell which side she lands on. Off forward throw, if cammy jumps forward, her two options are either rh dive kick (won't cross up, ambiguous landing) or j. short which will cross up.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Today on WTF Street Fighter 4:

Fei Long's Rekka Shin Geki gets Focus Attacked, resulting in Devil Trigger's laughter and sadness.

DryEyeRelief said:
Different gief.

FFUUUUU pad giefs are taking over the world.

Gief is the perfect pad character though since he doesn't have any demanding links which require plinking, and if you have hitchhikers thumb, 360's are easy as fuck on pad.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
BotoxAgent said:
Giefs are so hard to beat. Againts Chun, he only needs to guess right 3 or 4 times :-(

True that.

I just want everyone to know that Chun's EX SBK can beat Zangief's Ultra! :lol I usually don't have too much of a hard time with them. Usually....

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
BotoxAgent said:
Giefs are so hard to beat. Againts Chun, he only needs to guess right 3 or 4 times :-(
i fought a geif yesterday that beat me in both rounds using SPD, SPD, full power ultra. :(

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so i just got through with some blanka player with a website for a name.

i head to the site and what do i find?

http://www.zeeshan.de/sf4pc/sf4pc.htm

at first it just seems like some sub-geocities brag site, but ctrl+f the word "turbo" and watch the site's tenuous grasp on sanity slip away. you have to read this.

Won

ghst said:

at first it just seems like some sub-geocities brag site, but ctrl+f the word "turbo" and watch the site's tenuous grasp on sanity slip away. you have to read this.

:lol

I played against that guy this weekend in player matches. But I stopped playing after I won the first round. My palm kinda got stuck on my face, after I saw his skillz.

Calcaneus

ghst said:

Yeesh, if his site is gonna look that shitty, why doesn't he just get a blog?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ghst said:

You mean he got that far with that crappy blanka?

ArjanN

Won said:
:lol

I played against that guy this weekend in player matches. But I stopped playing after I won the first round. My palm kinda got stuck on my face, after I saw his skillz.

I played that guy a bunch. He's living proof that GP doesn't really mean anything. He's just a flowchart Blanka, which apparantly is enough online to get to SG if you're willing to put the time in to grind.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Those types of players can have their fun. No hating there but that's beyond grinding. Without cheating, I can't even imagine how long it will would take at that level of play.

Relix said:
True that.

I just want everyone to know that Chun's EX SBK can beat Zangief's Ultra! :lol I usually don't have too much of a hard time with them. Usually....
Gief cannot grab airborne opponents so yeah.
Keep in mind you would have to input the EX SBK command before the ultra flash, because it comes out instantaneously though.

Bah, all my Ryu boys went down. I was rooting hard for Choi and Jack, both could have beaten that Gief but made crucial mistakes near the end. I was confused why Choi wasn't doing any auto correct DP's, which Jack was doing. Oh well, congrats to Vance and thanks to Nor Cal/IPW for continuing to broadcast tourneys.

XenoRaven

Good games Greg. Sorry I couldn't put up much of a challenge. I had a feeling you deliberately let me win two rounds just to get my hopes up and then win your third. =P

Either way, it was fun. My execution was off, lots of unintentional jumps and missing dashes and inputs. If you don't mind, what do you think I need to work on to do better in the future?

AZ Greg

XenoRaven said:
Good games Greg. Sorry I couldn't put up much of a challenge. I had a feeling you deliberately let me win two rounds just to get my hopes up and then win your third. =P

Either way, it was fun. My execution was off, lots of unintentional jumps and missing dashes and inputs. If you don't mind, what do you think I need to work on to do better in the future?

GGs. Despite the W/L record, the matches were competitive.

Overall I just think you need to work on your defense a little. I noticed I was able to sweep you and hit you with my cr. MK a lot. Being that Vega doesn't have an overhead you should be focusing on blocking low more. Also, your fireball spacing was a little off. Even though Chun recovers pretty quickly there were times when you'd throw it pretty close to me and I was able to just hop over it and punish. And just have something guaranteed in your back pocket to punish people with when you have an opening. It could have been execution but I noticed that the times I whiffed something big or got crumple stunned you'd either fail to punish or simply throw. Other than that it was mostly match up stuff. You should be more aggressive against Vega as it's hard for him to deal with pressure. Plus Chun can poke him pretty good and control the air.

Top Bottom