• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Rice-Eater said:
Bah, all my Ryu boys went down. I was rooting hard for Choi and Jack, both could have beaten that Gief but made crucial mistakes near the end. I was confused why Choi wasn't doing any auto correct DP's, which Jack was doing. Oh well, congrats to Vance and thanks to Nor Cal/IPW for continuing to broadcast tourneys.

yeah, I was pullin for Choi. I haven't seen him much lately :-(

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Wallach said:
Anyone up for some PC SF4 games? I'm pretty bad (especially on this 360 pad) but if you're bored hit me up.

I'll play. What's your GFW name? (I think I have you added but added so many people because of the Steam sale that I forgot the names lol)

Watching the replay of the Shadowbrook. Man, LPN is the darkest Asian I've ever seen. I really could mistaken him for a cousin.

Sick match Lost Fragment. You're really good with Viper.

Wallach

Ysiadmihi said:
I'll play. What's your GFW name? (I think I have you added but added so many people because of the Steam sale that I forgot the names lol)

Enclave Patrol.

I have no idea if it's my end or what, but everything I see in player/ranked is crap connections tonight. Fair warning.

DR2K

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Saqs. I only play with Rose. Hope thats ok.

Just a quick question about Rose if you don't mind. How do you make your soul spirals safe? After a block string I do the lk version, since I assume it has the least amount of recovery. I occasionally get punished for them though. I watch your videos and I try to imitate some of the stuff you do with her, but it's not as easy as it looks. Any advice?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Awesome games Greg. Sweetness in a Vega. Could have played all night lol.

Just a quick question about Rose if you don't mind. How do you make your soul spirals safe? After a block string I do the lk version, since I assume it has the least amount of recovery. I occasionally get punished for them though. I watch your videos and I try to imitate some of the stuff you do with her, but it's not as easy as it looks. Any advice?
LK Spiral has the qucikest startup but most recovery and is almost never safe. It can be against certain character but only if you hit with the very tip of the drill. HK has the least recovery but most startup and is safe unless you hit with it deep. It's really about spacing and knowing when to do which one but it's almost always risky either way.

JEKKI

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
TurtleSnatcher said:
Ive played him and destroyed him numerous times.. Hes horrible.

He's also got pics and videos of some hacked Blanka model and hacked stages. I thought that wasn't allowed online?

AZ Greg

Assuming it stops at 999:99, does anyone think they're going to max out the SF4 play time clock before SSF4 comes out?

I think I am. :(

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
He's also got pics and videos of some hacked Blanka model and hacked stages. I thought that wasn't allowed online?

They're allowed. I have quite a few custom character models.

You just can't do that stupid moveset swapping stuff because it will crash the game.

MIMIC

Banned
I played someone that abused the SHIT out of the Ken/Ryu option select. Plus, he kept doing the stupid crouching buffer thing every single time he landed in order to get a free SRK whenever I jumped in on him. So in essence, he spent 80% of the matches teabagging the ground.

He was pretty good so I'm not sure why he had to throw in all of that other ridiculous stuff. I went 3-9. He was a really tough nut to crack; considering that this was just a player match, it was kinda irritating to have to play so seriously. IIRC, I could only beat him with Guile. Got close with Fuerte, but no cigar :-/

AZ Greg said:
Assuming it stops at 999:99, does anyone think they're going to max out the SF4 play time clock before SSF4 comes out?

I think I am. :(
Im very close if you add 2 versions together..

I'm nearing 900 hrs atm.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
MIMIC said:
I played someone that abused the SHIT out of the Ken/Ryu option select. Plus, he kept doing the stupid crouching buffer thing every single time he landed in order to get a free SRK whenever I jumped in on him. So in essence, he spent 80% of the matches teabagging the ground.

He was pretty good so I'm not sure why he had to throw in all of that other ridiculous stuff. I went 3-9. He was a really tough nut to crack; considering that this was just a player match, it was kinda irritating to have to play so seriously. IIRC, I could only beat him with Guile. Got close with Fuerte, but no cigar :-/

I used to do the buffer teabagging thing a lot, but all that is is an extra warning for the opponent not to jump in, I'd rather just get faster at doing the dp motion, but it's hard online for a pimp.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Timedog said:
I used to do the buffer teabagging thing a lot, but all that is is an extra warning for the opponent not to jump in, I'd rather just get faster at doing the dp motion, but it's hard online for a pimp.
doin the shoto-dance

That Blanka thread was hilarious. Turbo!!! And I can't believe the rampant cheating on PC. I didn't realize you could do charge-less moves.

And Greg, I don't think I even have 300 hours in this game. I'd like to have 1,000 hours, as I love the game. I don't have any plans to buy any other games except Super.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_dementia said:
I think I only have around 330 hours between Xbox 360 and PS3.
Silly me, posting in this thread more than actually playing.

This thread made me verify....

27:36 PC Edition
356:13 XBL. I thought I had more :lol

I read some of that Blanka thread and it just made me sad. How anyone can be so proud of using turbo is beyond me. Id love to see him play some of NorCal's finest. :lol

Drame

After a week or so playing offline, I finally decided to jump to the online. Most of my fights were against Ken or Ryu, bah. Who could have guessed.

I'm having great difficulties finding opponents of my skill range. I guess that's what you get when you're almost a year late to the party, heh.

Played majority of the games with Rufus. While I enjoy playing as him, I'm still not sure, if he's the character I'll end up playing with.

Any Gaffer who would like to play sometimes? I could use some beating.

profit

Drame said:
After a week or so playing offline, I finally decided to jump to the online. Most of my fights were against Ken or Ryu, bah. Who could have guessed.

I'm having great difficulties finding opponents of my skill range. I guess that's what you get when you're almost a year late to the party, heh.

Played majority of the games with Rufus. While I enjoy playing as him, I'm still not sure, if he's the character I'll end up playing with.

Any Gaffer who would like to play sometimes? I could use some beating.

XBL or PSN?
If XBL, add me: Profit1987, I'm an Abel player mostly.

XenoRaven

AZ Greg said:
GGs. Despite the W/L record, the matches were competitive.

Overall I just think you need to work on your defense a little. I noticed I was able to sweep you and hit you with my cr. MK a lot. Being that Vega doesn't have an overhead you should be focusing on blocking low more. Also, your fireball spacing was a little off. Even though Chun recovers pretty quickly there were times when you'd throw it pretty close to me and I was able to just hop over it and punish. And just have something guaranteed in your back pocket to punish people with when you have an opening. It could have been execution but I noticed that the times I whiffed something big or got crumple stunned you'd either fail to punish or simply throw. Other than that it was mostly match up stuff. You should be more aggressive against Vega as it's hard for him to deal with pressure. Plus Chun can poke him pretty good and control the air.
Well that's good to hear. I think some of my biggest issues come from the fact that I really only started playing online against random people very recently. Before then I really only played my one friend who generally plays as Ken or Ryu. I almost never focus attack because every time I tried I'd just get hit with an armor breaking move. That said, I'm not used to dashing when the FA connects which was the reason for a lot of the missed crumple punishes. The other punishes I'm used to getting SRK'd if my timing is slightly late, or I mess up a combo, so I tried to just go with something simple.

Other than that, I'm just not familiar with the match up. I know I need to practice more too, especially since you're telling me Chun can poke Vega "pretty good and can control the air", and I could do neither of those things. Anyway, thanks for the matches and the advice. I will beat you one of these days. =P

Yeah, I'm going to dedicate more time, at least an hour a day when Super comes out. I LOVE the game, but I just don't have the time. I don't care about SG, G1, G2 or whatever. If some crappy Blanka can make it to SG then I don't respect THAT!!

I don't mind mapping three or two buttons like a focus attack button or 3P or 3K (though it's not in the arcade version). But turbo for 100hands, legs or electricity is ridiculous.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am bored and waiting for someone to join the game so I am gonna make my Chun Match Up Guide!!!

Sagat: 5-5 (footsies people, footsies)
Ryu: 5-5
Ken: 5-5
Akuma 4-6 (he really limits Chun)
Viper: 5-5 (don't get up too fast)
Gief: 5-5 (She has maanyyy tools for him but her puny health and pathetic damage output really puts her at a disadvantage. He can quickly kill you while you have to work your ass off... well like most Chun matches =P)
Rufus: 4-6 (quite probably her worst matchup. You need spacing, but like Zangief he can easily dispose of you. Hell I would put this at 3-7 :lol )
Abel: 5-5 (Personally I've never faced an Abel that cleaned the floor with me and her tools against him are huge. Just avoid going into air fights or rely on attacks with lots of recovery frames.
Bison: 5-5
Honda: 6-4 (she has the advantage. Watch out of his crazy damage though, Ultra when you get the chance, especially blocked headbutts. Just keep him guessing, cross ups, don't get hasty. Easy match... well, usually)
Balrog: 5-5 (I was tempted to put 4-6, but she has some good tools against him. Just watch out fr crazy damage, better footsies and can outjab you)
Cammy: lolz 0-10.... 5-5 (You have good tools for her, can beat her in the air, faster footsies, better jabs. She can punish heavily though)
Blanka: 5-5 (You can't easily Ultra him after a ball. It can be tough, just defend from the cross ups).
I think I am done. I got tired writing this :lol

XenoRaven said:
Other than that, I'm just not familiar with the match up. I know I need to practice more too, especially since you're telling me Chun can poke Vega "pretty good and can control the air", and I could do neither of those things. Anyway, thanks for the matches and the advice. I will beat you one of these days. =P

He's bullshitting you on the outpoke area haha. Maybe deep you can, but middle distance he beats her squarely.

Leunam

Drame said:
PSN, sorry.

So PS3 players hit me up.

I'm leunam23 on PSN. Abel is my boy.

Relix said:
Abel: 5-5 (Personally I've never faced an Abel that cleaned the floor with me and her tools against him are huge. Just avoid going into air fights or rely on attacks with lots of recovery frames.

Most Abel players that I know see this as 6-4/6.5-3.5 in favor of Chun. I'm inclined to agree. There are plenty of things that Abel can do, no doubt, but getting in on Chun is far from easy.

Leunam said:
Most Abel players that I know see this as 6-4/6.5-3.5 in favor of Chun. I'm inclined to agree. There are plenty of things that Abel can do, no doubt, but getting in on Chun is far from easy.
I kinda hate fighting chun with abel because her pokes are so good and his normals are dog shit.

XenoRaven

Relix said:
He's bullshitting you on the outpoke area haha. Maybe deep you can, but middle distance he beats her squarely.
Maybe when his claw gets knocked off?

EDIT:
~Devil Trigger~ said:
yea Chun is a slut for Abel, not easy to get in.
Wouldn't that make it make it easy for him to get in?

Heyooooooo

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I did say I had never faced an extremely good Abel... but maybe it's because the match up is easy for her? :lol

Top Bottom