• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Timedog turned a shoto into a judo.

What is that guy on about light kick being banned at tourneys? wtf?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
TurtleSnatcher said:
he used jumping short and standing rh.

I'm dissapointed in you Timedog.

:(

I did standing rh cause I was doing kara throws.

jumping short came out cause my nervous, creepy little fingers tripped off the sensitive TE stick buttons.

LK banned at most tourneys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
he used jumping short and standing rh.

I'm dissapointed in you Timedog.

Well, there's always the IPW stream, where we can watch as he spams SRK over and over. :lol

You know, I love you guys. There's definitely a good group in this thread. Ha, ha, ha.

So what's up Find? I know you seen that video. Adnan, you essssssssssssss!! Time said you know scared, I know scared.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Spiderjericho said:
Well, there's always the IPW stream, where we can watch as he spams SRK over and over. :lol

You know, I love you guys. There's definitely a good group in this thread. Ha, ha, ha.

So what's up Find? I know you seen that video. Adnan, you essssssssssssss!! Time said you know scared, I know scared.

Haunts was spamming that shit more than me!

Spiderjericho said:

Man imma destroy timedog's mayonnaise soul

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Thanks for the props on that video. After that match was over I was like "damn...I destroyed that dude. Too bad I didn't have the camera rolling on that one. Wait, sweet, I can upload it as a replay, record it, and look like a badass!"

But I think that guy made me look better than I actually am though :lol I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he just wasn't too familiar with the Viper match and didn't know how to react. He ate my knee to his face like every time I went for a j.rh.

AZ Greg said:
Assuming it stops at 999:99, does anyone think they're going to max out the SF4 play time clock before SSF4 comes out?

I think I am. :(

Mine's already at 999:99. Been that way since a month or so after it came out 'cause my save got bugged. It's all good though, I don't think I want to know how much time I've really spent playing this game :lol

ptown said:
Hey Lost Fragment, when you do TK feints to (regular) jumping BK, is there a purpose for the TK feints outside of well... the feint (maybe for jumping BK execution?) or are you just stylin'?:lol

When I do it after a block string (something like c.mp, feint, c.mk, feint, cross up burning kick) it's more about execution because I'm not as consistent doing straight-up c.mk into sjc bk. When I do it naked when the other guy is waking up, it's more about like..."mind stun" if you know what I mean. I want the feint to cause the other guy to block on instinct without even thinking about it, so I can go in for a throw. In that case though, I wanted him to block so I could kill him with bk chip. But for that particular situation, I should've just blocked after the feint 'cause I had everything to lose and nothing to gain, and he would've hit me if he had done wakeup ultra.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone make me a "I hate turtles." design ala SFIV. I'm going to get it printed on a shirt, hand it out to a bunch of people and wear it myself. That''s how much I hate turtles.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XenoRaven said:
That was fun Relix. I'll try to incorporate some of your tricks into my game.

Could you tell the times I missed my Ultra? Haha.

Sure, actually I was trying to look your flaws for a while there, especially the last 3 Chun matches.

-When you juggle in the air anybody with the 2x Fierce Punches you can Ultra as they fall if you are close to the wall.
-You can Ultra from an EX SBK, but once more if close to a wall. This is even harder than Shorts>Shorts>EX Legs so practice that first to a science then try the SBK Ultra.
-Try to FA more. There were many times you could punish!
-Learn the Target Combo (Fierce Punches jumpin then another when you hit the ground) and then a Medium Kick SBK. Does some heavy damage, and you can mixup with a throw or an EX SBK at the end. The EX SBK is not linkable so it depends if the other person tries to grab you back or attack.
-Learn the Hazanshu strings. For example.. Medium Poke on block or hit > Hazanshu. Try a Medium one since it has less recovery.
-FADCs with Chun are kinda useless. I showed you a few so you could see how much they sucked :lol
-Light Kick CrossUp and Chun's fierce kick beat EX SBK =P
-When facing a character and both are in a stalemate of pokes or just staring mix it up with a light hazanshu. Works wonders haha.
-I also showed you Dash Ultra, though in my case I failed since I did it too late. It's good for fooling opponents to throw a fireball.

Honda:
-You know how to Ultra Headbutt. Yup =P.

Balrog:
-Blocked headbutt can be Ultra'ed, but strict timing.

Akuma:
-Watch out for his Ultra. He can Ultra you as you fall if there's good timing (I raise a middle finger to Grifter haha).

I don't know what else to say =P

XenoRaven

Relix said:
Sure, actually I was trying to look your flaws for a while there, especially the last 3 Chun matches.

-When you juggle in the air anybody with the 2x Fierce Punches you can Ultra as they fall if you are close to the wall.
-You can Ultra from an EX SBK, but once more if close to a wall. This is even harder than Shorts>Shorts>EX Legs so practice that first to a science then try the SBK Ultra.
-Try to FA more. There were many times you could punish!
-Learn the Target Combo (Fierce Punches jumpin then another when you hit the ground) and then a Medium Kick SBK. Does some heavy damage, and you can mixup with a throw or an EX SBK at the end. The EX SBK is not linkable so it depends if the other person tries to grab you back or attack.
-Learn the Hazanshu strings. For example.. Medium Poke on block or hit > Hazanshu. Try a Medium one since it has less recovery.
-FADCs with Chun are kinda useless. I showed you a few so you could see how much they sucked :lol
-Light Kick CrossUp and Chun's fierce kick beat EX SBK =P
-When facing a character and both are in a stalemate of pokes or just staring mix it up with a light hazanshu. Works wonders haha.
-I also showed you Dash Ultra, though in my case I failed since I did it too late. It's good for fooling opponents to throw a fireball.

Honda:
-You know how to Ultra Headbutt. Yup =P.

Balrog:
-Blocked headbutt can be Ultra'ed, but strict timing.

Akuma:
-Watch out for his Ultra. He can Ultra you as you fall if there's good timing (I raise a middle finger to Grifter haha).

I don't know what else to say =P
Yeah, I already know how to connect her Ultra from basically every combo, I just don't do it very often and have to get used to looking for it. I've done the EX SBK one before too, and actually tried it during our match but I effed up and hit df, KKK instead of just f, KKK which makes it not activate. The time I got you with the cr. lk x2 EX Legs, I was surprised that it didn't pop her up more and she fell so fast. That's why I was so tremendously late on the Ultra. I'll have to remember when facing other Chun's to do the Ultra immediately instead of waiting a little bit like I normally do against other characters. I know her cr. hp one hit cancel in mk SBK, I just have a problem executing it in matches off of the jump in target combo. I'll have to practice that one more, along with my FA's. I'll have to start getting used to hitting the Hazanshu after a mp poke as well. I've started working on getting the timing down for Hazanshu, cr. lk, since that's pretty nasty if you have meter, since you can hit EX legs afterward, as well as cr hp one hit, HK legs, which is also nasty. Though I really should work on one combo at a time. I also appreciate the advice on what stuffs her EX SBK. I can do dash Ultra, and actually did it twice in some random matches after we got done, I just have to get more consistent at doing it. Thanks for all the other advice as well. I appreciate it. Also, I could tell you were evaluating me. =P

Really I just need to play more. I really haven't played the game all that much competitively since I got it. What I want to focus on is the fundamental stuff like footsies, spacing, and timing. Strategic stuff. But I know that just comes with playing the game and becoming familiar with the different match-ups. I've said it before, but I've mostly played my one friend who plays Ryu or Ken most of the time, so my play style has been tailored around my fear SRKs. I'm playing more random people now to break those habits against other characters.

Thanks again for the games and the advice. I had fun, and I hope to play you again sometime.

K.Sabot

TurtleSnatcher said:
I play kaktheinfected all the time D:

So.. play me whenever you are free..

MINI Pez

Done for tonight now since I have class tommorow, but I'll make sure to add you for future referral.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
GGs K.Sabot. Sorry if I complained a bit much about the delay but it really throws me off :lol

Your Balrog is great, especially if you're just starting on a stick!

Wallach

Question for those with more Sakura knowledge than me (probably a lot of you): how reliable is her lp Shou to get out of wake-up shenanigans? I still have a lot of trouble getting up off the ground against some characters, but I found it was pretty useful against an El Fuerte who was trying his typical tricks. Not that it was hitting him, but rather I'd go the other direction from his cross up and didn't really seem like he was able to punish me for it. Could he have, and how many other characters could likely do so on reaction? Aside from it what other options do I have with her on wakeup?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Man, I need a program that will batch compress video. I recorded a bunch of clips of me getting drunk and styling on fools with Dan tonight :(

CPS2

Lost Fragment said:
Man, I need a program that will batch compress video. I recorded a bunch of clips of me getting drunk and styling on fools with Dan tonight :(

MediaCoder is pretty good for that. Check youtube's recommended settings tho or it can come out a bit blurry.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ysiadmihi said:
GGs K.Sabot. Sorry if I complained a bit much about the delay but it really throws me off :lol

Your Balrog is great, especially if you're just starting on a stick!

You are always whining about lag goddammit :lol

@XenoRaven: No prob, if you want to play again just send an invite. I'll hop in. Sometimes my sister is playing Gears or something else so don't bother sending an invite then, but if you see Street Fighter IV it's me =P

Grifter

Game's reliant on 1-3 frame windows so lag changes the whole dynamic and you can't bitch about it enough. :lol It's plain noticeable when you play people who only play online.

BotoxAgent said:
GGs to Grifter last night. Hope you are feeling better. Although I couldn't tell you were sick as your Akuma was still deadly as ever :)

I was medicating between games (sorry on those pauses). Hope you had fun! Cammy always has me on my toes even if I can win. Like my dumb Rufus? :)

Grifter said:
Game's reliant on 1-3 frame windows so lag changes the whole dynamic and you can't bitch about it enough. :lol It's plain noticeable when you play people who only play online.

I was medicating between games (sorry on those pauses). Hope you had fun! Cammy always has me on my toes even if I can win. Like my dumb Rufus? :)

Akuma...Rufus....they are all really hard for Chun :-( But it's still my dumb fault, I kept falling for the ex jesus kicks and not wising up :lol

I had fun though! I always feel like I am leveling up a bit after playing someone with such immense skills...thanks for ggs :D

K.Sabot

I need to learn how to play someone other than Balrog.

I hear Akuma is good/normal against all of Balrog's bad match ups, amirite?

Grifter

BotoxAgent said:
Akuma...Rufus....they are all really hard for Chun :-( But it's still my dumb fault, I kept falling for the ex jesus kicks and not wising up :lol

I had fun though! I always feel like I am leveling up a bit after playing someone with such immense skills...thanks for ggs :D
:D So flattering! I was wondering when you'd block those but it was working! I like how you play too - solid, not manic and rushing out the silly guesses that I tend to see online.

Connection feel any different? I moved and seem to be hitting 5 bars more here.

ghst said:
so i just got through with some blanka player with a website for a name.

i head to the site and what do i find?

http://www.zeeshan.de/sf4pc/sf4pc.htm

at first it just seems like some sub-geocities brag site, but ctrl+f the word "turbo" and watch the site's tenuous grasp on sanity slip away. you have to read this.
Won said:
:lol

I played against that guy this weekend in player matches. But I stopped playing after I won the first round. My palm kinda got stuck on my face, after I saw his skillz.
Kadey said:
You mean he got that far with that crappy blanka?
ArjanN said:
I played that guy a bunch. He's living proof that GP doesn't really mean anything. He's just a flowchart Blanka, which apparantly is enough online to get to SG if you're willing to put the time in to grind.
Dude doesn't like it when his embarrassing turbo tactics aren't paying off. Case in point:

2hcdcmx.png

I'd upload a G1 replay on YouTube, but FRAPS is garbage.

qcf x2

Wallach said:
Question for those with more Sakura knowledge than me (probably a lot of you): how reliable is her lp Shou to get out of wake-up shenanigans? I still have a lot of trouble getting up off the ground against some characters, but I found it was pretty useful against an El Fuerte who was trying his typical tricks. Not that it was hitting him, but rather I'd go the other direction from his cross up and didn't really seem like he was able to punish me for it. Could he have, and how many other characters could likely do so on reaction? Aside from it what other options do I have with her on wakeup?

Since nobody answered your question...

It is not reliable at all. The normal version will get you killed once blocked. The EX version is quick, so if you see your opponent starting a move you can counter with it, but don't randomly throw it out or you will eat pain. Against Fuerte it may work as a dash substitute (in some cases against Zangief too, depending on what he does in the air), but other than that there's only three instances in which I use the srk:

1. Anti air if they're doing a far, predictable jump (I'll use Rufus as an easy example of someone who does this).

2. After dizzy/crumple in a combo if you aren't comfortable with doing a cr.Fp into lk tatsu, followed by lk and something else. Or if you don't have EX meter.

3. The way I use it most often is with cross up lk, a few standing jabs, lk, fierce srk. It's very hit confirmable. Does shit damage, not really that much stun but...it's very hit confirmable and it looks flashy, so I use it a lot.

But yeah, her other wakeup options besides EX srk are cr.jab, cr.lk or throw :p

Edit! - @MicVlad, I played a G1A Bison the other day who I would describe as flowchart if it wasn't insulting to those players that actually know his moves. He was straight up garbage, didn't even block. Reminded me of why I quit Championship Mode a month after it was released and I saw Sagat flowchart players in G1.

MicVlaD said:
Here's how many hours he has put into the game, by the way. Turbo mashers are a persistent bunch:

9rlow7.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG_ryQxeFvA
He probably leaves his game on a lot i bet.

qcf x2 said:
Since nobody answered your question...

It is not reliable at all. The normal version will get you killed once blocked. The EX version is quick, so if you see your opponent starting a move you can counter with it, but don't randomly throw it out or you will eat pain. Against Fuerte it may work as a dash substitute (in some cases against Zangief too, depending on what he does in the air), but other than that there's only three instances in which I use the srk:

1. Anti air if they're doing a far, predictable jump (I'll use Rufus as an easy example of someone who does this).

2. After dizzy/crumple in a combo if you aren't comfortable with doing a cr.Fp into lk tatsu, followed by lk and something else. Or if you don't have EX meter.

3. The way I use it most often is with cross up lk, a few standing jabs, lk, fierce srk. It's very hit confirmable. Does shit damage, not really that much stun but...it's very hit confirmable and it looks flashy, so I use it a lot.

But yeah, her other wakeup options besides EX srk are cr.jab, cr.lk or throw :p

Edit! - @MicVlad, I played a G1A Bison the other day who I would describe as flowchart if it wasn't insulting to those players that actually know his moves. He was straight up garbage, didn't even block. Reminded me of why I quit Championship Mode a month after it was released and I saw Sagat flowchart players in G1.

I dont recommend lp shoryuken vs fuerte.. He can beat it with splash.. he can beat it with slide and recover fast enough from a whiff on propeller to slide and hit you before you recover.

Likewise to EX.

Fuerte is just a really tough match for Sakura at times.

Nose Master

Ugh, been getting so many rage quitters in the semi's lately. Driving me nuts cause I've actually been playing decently against generic shotos :lol

And yeah, Blanka players are all the same. And 90% of them (online) are fucking terrible, it's just hard to punish them with a lot of characters if you don't know exactly what to do and when. They all wake up ball, random ultra, spam balls fullscreen all day, shitty crossup to short electricity, river run randomly, etc. And despite them playing like it's their first day, I lose to them half the time.

ptown

Lost Fragment said:
When I do it after a block string (something like c.mp, feint, c.mk, feint, cross up burning kick) it's more about execution because I'm not as consistent doing straight-up c.mk into sjc bk. When I do it naked when the other guy is waking up, it's more about like..."mind stun" if you know what I mean. I want the feint to cause the other guy to block on instinct without even thinking about it, so I can go in for a throw...

Okay, thanks for the C.Viper info and your perspective. Good to know I'm not the only one having trouble with the burning kick tricks. I've gotten so many random j.mk/rh in the process of practicing BK stuff...

Top Bottom