• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dude, did you turn off your stream near the end? the first two matches were so laggy..

AZ Greg said:
Just watched our matches. :lol @ the torrent download.

Good stuff. I got smoked that match.

haha, you whoop my ass so much I cant tell you how happy I was about that set. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
watching the recordings now, wow upgrading the sound settings helped a lot.. this sounds really good..

wanted to add music to provide a more relaxing atmosphere and stuff..the SF4 music drives me insane sometimes.

ps: i leik eggs.. HAHA

haunts said:
Dude, did you turn off your stream near the end? the first two matches were so laggy..

haha, you whoop my ass so much I cant tell you how happy I was about that set. :lol
stream was off the whole time.

Not sure why it was so bad.

BTW - I'm so shocked I caught you with like 6 lk guac leg throws.. :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
sca2511 said:
gg Happy Phantom and Hito. I'm afraid of your guys charging characters when I'm doing my fireballs, haha.
ggs, you didn't let me get away with becoming a bit sloppy as the matches went on.

Hey Haunts, after we do our runback, wanna do a Norcal vs. Dallas 5on5 exhibition on the stream a week later?

Would anyone be interested in seeing that?

Only stipulations being no ricky, choi, or buk :lol :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Hey Haunts, after we do our runback, wanna do a Norcal vs. Dallas 5on5 exhibition on the stream a week later?

Would anyone be interested in seeing that?

Only stipulations being no ricky, choi, or buk :lol :lol

I was thinking the same thing just now -- thats weird actually. :lol

Not specifically dallas vs norcal but more of exhibitions between regions via XBL. Just for fun you know but at least it would be entertaining.

Ummm Ill see if I can round up some bums.. I dunno if I can coordinate to get everyone together but let me know what day and I'll tell the homeys.

haunts said:
I was thinking the same thing just now -- thats weird actually. :lol

Not specifically dallas vs norcal but more of exhibitions between regions via XBL. Just for fun you know but at least it would be entertaining.

Ummm Ill see if I can round up some bums.. I dunno if I can coordinate to get everyone together but let me know what day and I'll tell the homeys.

I'm sure you could do more than one region. I just brought up Dallas because dtx peeps get hype quick as fuck, and there were a bunch of dtx players blowin up the stream chat the other day haha. Also it would be really easy to get 5 players.

It would get maaadddddd hype, trust me!

For a date, how about the monday after next? Next monday being our runback (I think I should be free that night.)

Haunts, any particular reason you do ex tiger shot after you land a jump in? My guess is spacing. I don't really think it's worth the one meter and less damage, though.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
What do you mean when I land a jump in? Depends on what jump in and from what distance and the situation..

FindMyFarms said:
When my crossup tatsus land in front of you, and I'm doing srk fadc j. fierce, I can't really disagree :/

yeah yeah, i know you're were sandbagging..im ready for the real shit next monday.

Joekage

Sup guys, this is Joekage otherwise known as TostitoSalsa on PSN. Been lurking this thread forever and finally got accepted into the loving embraces of Neogaf so thought this should be the first thread I post in. I'm one of the lesser known Dallas, Texas players (shoutout to Adnan, who taught me that Fei Long is a bitch to play against in the right hands.. also double Cammy cannon spikes FADC into ultra kinda hurt too..) But I digress, looking forward to being apart of the community, and hopefully if my job doesn't kill me, be able to finally make it to Goonz or Fight Club someday.

On topic, Haunts, I am really looking forward to playing you on PSN. Hopefully you do the stream on a night when I'm not dealing blackjack in the wee hours of the night at work haha.

PSN: TostitoSalsa, also I frequent the GAF PSN chat so you might catch me there sometimes.

Jumping HK. Anyway nevermind, just watched the rest of your matches with Max and FMF. Good shit to all players involved. Farms, you should definitely come home and check out the scene over here. We've got a few decent players too!

I want that game yesterday

you know how japan got Soul Calibur II like seven months before North America, at the expense of 3 fewer characters on the roster?

Yeah, I'd take SSFIV sans Hakan+SF3 (yeah, even though they're like, totally done) if I could only have it now.

vulva

sca2511 said:
gg Happy Phantom and Hito. I'm afraid of your guys charging characters when I'm doing my fireballs, haha.
ggs man. I was so tired at the end, and I think you might have been too. Some of the mistakes we both made were downright embarassing at times. (I still remember after you wiffed your ultra, me awkwardly standing in front of you forgetting what I was going to do haha)

Solune, ggs. It's nice to play a Cammy since I rarely do. One day I'll actually beat you! heh

Good games Spirit of Jazz!

You definitely should do more Ex-rolls with Abel if you are being pressured into the corner. Since Abel doesn't have very good wake-up options, it was pretty easy for me to keep the pressure going with safe jump-ins. You can escape that easily with a EX-roll. Unless I empty jump into a throw. :)

Connection was pretty good, but I could notice in the Gen matches that it was more difficult to anti-air jump-ins. Even when I tried to use s.mp I was usually too late. You had some really nice combos with Gen but you could have used more wall kicks, I think.

By the way I couldn't hear anything you said on the microphone since I didn't have one right now. The voice is so muffled and covered with game's sound when it's speakers only.

Yeah good games guys, your Rog was rather Brutal Rock. You're spot on with the EX-rolls/wall jumps opposed to just panicking I'm just not really used to facing rushdown characters as one of my friends lay as him. I went in training with Rog after the match and figured out some punishes so hopefully I might have a small chance next time. Also my rolls on wake-up aren't usually that awful, I was hitting them perfectly in the match before I joined you as opposed to 20 seconds to early or late :lol

Really sorry I only managed 4 matches with you Wiseblade, will need to get some more in some other time. Think there just of been an issue with my mic connection given I couldn't hear anything from your side, many apologies for the annoying noise.

ShinNL

Wow, I don't know what it is but after having played such a long time in Player Matches, I decided to try Championship for a bit. I used to be in the G1 league but the amount of matches were so few that I switched over to Player Matches (PC version). But today I got plenty of G1 championship matches and they were awesome. I love the high level play :)

I'm kind of proud that I'm still able to win so here's me showing off the replay of the G1 final that I just had :3

Cammy (me) vs Sagat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM54Qer58Rk

toneroni

Soneet said:
Wow, I don't know what it is but after having played such a long time in Player Matches, I decided to try Championship for a bit. I used to be in the G1 league but the amount of matches were so few that I switched over to Player Matches (PC version). But today I got plenty of G1 championship matches and they were awesome. I love the high level play :)

I'm kind of proud that I'm still able to win so here's me showing off the replay of the G1 final that I just had :3

Cammy (me) vs Sagat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM54Qer58Rk
nice comeback

By the way, I double dipped and bought the PC version. So PC players, feel free to add me to your friend list. Tag is Rokitty. Preferably players from Europe.

ShinNL

toneroni said:
nice comeback
Thanks xD

I thought I was going to lose that round so I went 100% offensive to see if I could guess everything right. To my surprise I lucked out. I knew from the 1st round that the Sagat doesn't get baited easily (trying to get that FADC Ultra out of him). If I lost that round I still had my last round anyway.

Rocky_Balboa said:
By the way, I double dipped and bought the PC version. So PC players, feel free to add me to your friend list. Tag is Rokitty. Preferably players from Europe.
Mine's Soneet, from The Netherlands. I'll add you the next time I play or you can add me when you're on.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
XenoRaven said:
Man. Watching my recorded match was kinda painful. Don't know why I hit my Ultras like I did. >_>

hey man, dont sweat it as long as you know what to change next time. thats the whole point of haunts vs the world!! up yo game fool!

these sessions help me a lot too.. I wasnt playing for a period of 2 months and it was starting to show..now I get all this match up experience and I feel like I'm getting back on point.

I think I play Guile, Akuma and Sagat tonight in that EXACT order.. :p

_dementia said:
Oh man if the team tourney happens we gotta make creative team names.
Banzai Piledrivers
Eccentric Widows
Attack of The Retreating Invisible Cows
Jumping Amazing Super Optimistic Noodle Squad
Finger Puppet Mafia
Wooly and Worths Wizarding Wonders
Head Banging Billy Goats
Jumping Jalapeno Jackrabbits
The Funky Town Monkey Pimps
Wacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tube Men
The Crazy Insane Flying Hippopotamus Space Invaders

Dibs on the third and last one.

XenoRaven

haunts said:
hey man, dont sweat it as long as you know what to change next time. thats the whole point of haunts vs the world!! up yo game fool!

these sessions help me a lot too.. I wasnt playing for a period of 2 months and it was starting to show..now I get all this match up experience and I feel like I'm getting back on point.

I think I play Guile, Akuma and Sagat tonight in that EXACT order.. :p
I DO need to play more often. I keep telling myself I'm going to practice every day but I always get distracted. I'm thankful for GAF though. Lots of activity here and the few people I've played have already made me a better player. Glad I came here.

Mr Jared

Okay, from the sounds of it I'll have another stream going up this afternoon. My good friend ILLiterate (NorCal Boxer/Dan player) wants to come by for some Jackie and it'd be a good opportunity to test out some stuff with the stream.

It'll probably be sometime around 4PM PST again. I'll let you guys know :)

AZ Greg lets be partners in the team tourney

We can name our team

Low Tiers Never Win!

We just need more low tier scrubs to join us if its more then a 2v2 (I totally didnt read more then 1 or 2 posts in this thread)

ggs last nite greg, right when i got perfected either my internet or xbl went out on me, I was too tired to wait it out.

You doin' xbl tonite haunts?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
GGs Rocky. Way too good for my Cammy :lol

I desperately need to pick up someone new (like I said I would a week ago) but everytime I try it I just get bored :lol Separate BP counts for different characters should be a fun way to level up alts in Super :D

TurtleSnatcher said:
AZ Greg lets be partners in the team tourney

We can name our team

Low Tiers Never Win!

We just need more low tier scrubs to join us if its more then a 2v2 (I totally didnt read more then 1 or 2 posts in this thread)

Oh snap. Since you guys play on Xbox, we can be partners. I'll bring my Salty Saikyo style (that Haunts hates) and we can be the lowest turds on the totem pole.

And Find, my bad. Bdizzle is back in the club. We can be Fishizzlemybdizzleinthespidizzle

Back to square one for me. I'm trying to complete the challenge mode combos on a TE on 360 so I can get the icons and improve my execution on stick.

Top Bottom