• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cHaotix8 said:
I've had the game since release date but just started playing online last week. Would anyone mind explaining the online ranking system or have a link that does? I tried searching for it but couldn't find any useful information with my given parameters. Really just wondering how much longer I have to fight flowchart Ken's until I'm fighting decent leveled players on a semi-regular basis.
However long it takes to populate your friends list.

AZ Greg

Hitokage said:
You can do it on crumple.

Yup.

And it also has other uses against certain characters in certain situations. For example, can punish a blocked Blanka vertical ball with reversal timing.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
cHaotix8 said:
I've had the game since release date but just started playing online last week. Would anyone mind explaining the online ranking system or have a link that does? I tried searching for it but couldn't find any useful information with my given parameters. Really just wondering how much longer I have to fight flowchart Ken's until I'm fighting decent leveled players on a semi-regular basis.

Make your way to G1, then the only thing you have to worry about then is laggy Blankas and Zangiefs :lol

Mikhal

cHaotix8 said:
Are you playing Ranked or Championship Mode? I'm not sure how the calculation of the BP is handled in Ranked, but you can try filtering your matches by More Skilled and try to get more points by beating them and raising your BP. You can also just look out for people with a good icon/title. Not the best judge of player skill, but at least you'll higher chance that they played enough to have something accomplished. :lol

As for Championship Mode:
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/200...ank-guide-street-fighter-4-championship-mode/

XenoRaven

AZ Greg said:
By "crumple" you mean having a healthy life lead and realizing that an Ultra will win it so you constantly fish for it because you know your opponent will be too stupid to avoid it and then hit them and they die a little on the inside as they watch their character be spun helplessly through the air and then dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Not that I would know anything about that. >_>

291 hours and 26 minutes put in this game for me to finish all of the hard trials and other stuff in this game. Now I have to full 1000 for the game and I can stop playing
the challenges of
SF4.
:D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm Chickeny Dinner on XBL and GFWL.

I've lurked here for awhile, but finally I think my dhalsim is up for GAF challengers. Hope I don't get beat up too bad :(

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
GGs stab, I know, I'm rather terrible. Cammy and Bison, coincidentally, are tough characters for me, I don't know how to consistently avoid her ball thing, and in general I just don't have a good sense for the metagame.

Good games procarbine, hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. Be careful with Akuma's air fireball vs Cammy with ultra, as you found out it leaves you wide open to it. Against Bison well he's ability to recover from a knockdown is crap, Akuma's vortex is really worth learning the most Bison can do against that is teleport or get lucky and guess right *fyi Akuma with ultra can punish teleport with the demon if he predicts it from what I have seen*.

ALC

Neo Member
Yay the floodgates have opened ! New poster/longtime lurker here. Going to try to add as many of you as I can on XBL. My tag is alc420. I only really play Chun so if anyone wants some exposure to that matchup feel free to add me.

Heh well I can barely look away from the thread and I keep getting more people to add. How long till my friends list fills up lol. Microsoft needs to remove the limit on that methinks. BTW for those of you who have me on XBL my GFWL tag is the exact same, though I am only rarely on the PC version.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
stabicron7 said:
Good games procarbine, hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. Be careful with Akuma's air fireball vs Cammy with ultra, as you found out it leaves you wide open to it. Against Bison well he's ability to recover from a knockdown is crap, Akuma's vortex is really worth learning the most Bison can do against that is teleport or get lucky and guess right *fyi Akuma with ultra can punish teleport with the demon if he predicts it from what I have seen*.

I don't mind in the least, and yeah, I need to be more careful in general with air fireballs, and I can vortex if I don't mess up. I won one round against your bison pretty handily after I cornered you, the 2 demon flip sweeps were intended to be throws, I'm just not any good at the timing. I just need to play more and develop the game.

Wow, the influx of newcomers has overwhelmed the servers.

I, too, am a scrubby Dhalsim and mash out jumping fierce punch, so if you want to play, hit up krp1976 (PSN/XBL).

I was watching that Damdai/Sabin matchup from a few weeks ago:

http://www.youtube.com/frameadvantagedotcom#p/u/24/lXGR3N4MBUU

Sabin is so godlike. His Ryu is pretty good too (much better than mine). His Seth is shenanigans.

And for all of the Live players, does anyone think they can just add them to the GAF SFIV list? With the exception of Relix, Turtlesnatcher, Yeb, Saqs, Haunts, N3ss, Timedog, Micvlad, CAJ, I don't know who's, who. So if any of you have control, please add the newcomers that way they can just send an invite to that.

And for the PSNers, just invite them to the GAF Chat for SFIV. If you need into the PSN GAFChat, I know myself, Findmyfarms, Galactic, Prototype, Lenaum and a few others have access to it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MMM FRESH MEAT

guess its time to start up haunts vs the world and break these nubs in right?

30 min?

30 min.

ps: I think DJ haunts is in the house tonight...wiki wiki fresh.... we'll see how this goes..

stabicron7 said:
Heh well I can barely look away from the thread and I keep getting more people to add. How long till my friends list fills up lol. Microsoft needs to remove the limit on that methinks. BTW for those of you who have me on XBL my GFWL tag is the exact same, though I am only rarely on the PC version.

Knew I recognized you from the Cammy forums :p

And nice, some HVsTW.

haunts said:
MMM FRESH MEAT

30 min?

30 min.

ps: I think DJ haunts is in the house tonight...wiki wiki fresh.... we'll see how this goes..

Should get on PS3. You should also play against Q's Seth.

NeoUltima

Tired of playing on the DS3. Finally gave in and ordered a saturn pad. Hopefully the one I ordered is a legit one. There was no box shot to let me know it was an SLS, but comparing pics to an SLS it had to be. Had Sega logo, same sticker, same screwholes, etc. Didn't want to order the one's I knew were legit cause I'd have to wait for that shit to come from Hong Kong.

Someday I will get a stick, but money is tight and I don't want to buy a piece of poo. Saturn pad was $14, I can't complain with that(unless its a fake :|).

AZ Greg

My bad if I left anyone hanging earlier when I said I was gonna get on. Sorta got forced into watching a Bones mini marathon. :(

Anyway, I'm on now if anyone wants some matches. And feel free to add me new dudes. XBL tag is the same as my username here.

good games to axesomethingsomtehing.. I forget your name.. but it has Axe in it..

Good gief. Make sure to use EX Hands with trade in air - you never did. Dont abuse headbutt too much.. :p

I'm still salty about how that first match went at the end and how my super didnt fully connect after quesadilla bomb haha

GG's Turtlesnatcher, your Fuerte's brutal. I'm also quite glad my first Gaf match wasn't the 0-100 nightmare I was expecting, we'll have to play again some time

Yeah, that's one of those things I need to learn but haven't done yet, I guess I'll go run over to training mode for a while, until someone else wants to play me. If it's any consolation to the semi-whiffed super, I totally missed an ultra setup near the end of one of those fuerte matches, I was enraged by that.

fresquito

Rufus said:
Yeah, just fine. They show up as regular USB-HID controllers, compatible with pretty much any PC/Mac that has a USB port.
Damn it. I asked the store before buying, but they were late in their reply, so I took your word and now they've answered the controller isn't supported by Windows 7. At least they offer me a refund.

Don't tell me I have to continue playing with my 360 controller :-(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Juniors, add my XBL: Lord Relix. My GFW is xx Relix.

I main Chun, while my secondary is Honda, and my.. huh.. third(?) is Akuma which is a work in progress :lol . I also use Vega, Balrog and Rose to relatively good levels.

Feel free to add me or inv me.

haunts said:
alright fools, it's starting but need to run some tests, someone get in here and help!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iplaywinner

I would but haven't slept in 22 hours. I am QUITE tired :lol

Axelhortsemchi said:
Yeah, that's one of those things I need to learn but haven't done yet, I guess I'll go run over to training mode for a while, until someone else wants to play me. If it's any consolation to the semi-whiffed super, I totally missed an ultra setup near the end of one of those fuerte matches, I was enraged by that.
Ah.. thought it was the Gen? Crossup short and then u tried ticking into ultra but I ex oga'd out and countered with the wall dive kick into ultra.. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Feel free to add me too!

360: lyte edge
PS3: lyteedge

I'm on almost every day and am always up for a match. I main Chun-Li and am continually searching for an alt.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Ah.. thought it was the Gen? Crossup short and then u tried ticking into ultra but I ex oga'd out and countered with the wall dive kick into ultra.. :lol

Well yeah, there was that too, I missed a few ultras now that I think about it... What I was thinking was when I could have ended one of the Fuerte rounds with an ultra punish, but ended up botching the input and getting an EX SPD.

GG's Haunts, it was fun to fight some of your secondaries with mine :D Sucks about the bit of lag, it hurt some of my Ken and Sakura combos :'(

And I'm pretty sure you just know when I want to jump because that kara Knee is always on point. I gotta hide em better.

Mikhal

Good games haunts. Hope my 2 bar connection wasn't too bad. Didn't seem so bad from my end but who knows. Hopefully my Abel can do better the next time. :lol

If anyone else wants to play my XBL/GFWL gamertag is Shin Mikhal

haunts said:
MMM FRESH MEAT

30 min?

30 min.

lol friends list is full.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
GGs tonight on haunts vs the world... def a lot harder for me to play multiple characters but I like the challenge..

the recording is up, so yeah if you played check it out!

Top Bottom