• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Spiderjericho said:
Tough crowd. No respect for Shine, Daigo, Valle, Sanford, 13-year-old Japanese kids, Jayce The Ace (SP), Ryu players, Sagat players, Boxer players, etc, etc.

I can't play Viper, so i think the kid did a good job. Did he got entered into LA Riots II because of how he did at Bar Fights II? And Shizza is probably the best Chun on the West Coast (or maybe not, as Ortiz and ROM are both pretty good too). And the Keno EYE!!

Hey, the only person you listed that I hate on is Shine!

As for Daigo being the best, seemed like after all the US players came back from SBO, the popular sentiment was that Shiro and Mago were pretty much the best, and that Daigo is top 5. While single elim makes shit random, Mago and Shiro flat just win more (and place higher) in tourneys more consistently than Daigo.

fresquito

My Saturn pad has just landed. I've been toying around for a while and I'm already very glad with my purchase. The d-pad is quite floaty, but it holds its own when it comes to responsiveness. I have some problems doing SRKs to the left, but other than that, it works fine. Having six face buttons is God-sent to this game, and I use the left trigger for the Focus Attack.

However, it will take some time to get used to having six buttons, since it's the first time I play like this (not even in the arcades I played with six buttons, although playing SF2 with three buttons was common).

Back then we settled for anything :D

Le Maximillian - really enjoyed your Ed Ma videos, you make Ken look like a viable character. More please.

What are the thoughts on the madcatz fightpad? I want to get one for my brother to use as the 360 pad is just arse, are they good/sturdy/worth the money? Are there alternatives I can look to that has the same performance?

Finally, does anyone else a little bored with Yipes' innovation of calling fireballs plasma? That English guy on frame advantage started saying it as well, I cannot stand it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'll be around 10am pst if any one wants some games today, I need to play more often damn it!

As for the whole Daigo thing, yeah he's not the best but he is freaking good. Don't let hype moment videos, or invitational type stuff cloud your judgment and there is ALWAYS a better player than you, same goes for Daigo or anyone... Unless you play GG your name is Ogawa and you main Eddie.... then well... he's not human that's all.

V_Arnold

Timedog said:
Who's better than Daigo?

Obviously, a lot are better, he is just ... lucky :p
Honestly, in USA, nobody is better than him, that should be clear.
In Japan, there might be people who are consistently winning more, of course. Do we know how they fare against him, % wise?

I don't really keep track of tournaments over there. Like I said, mad random. But I know not too long ago Mago posted on his blog how Daigo cleaned his clock. And there was a SF podcast that JWong was on, and he said the same thing, Japan is random. Daigo is nice.

And I had no idea Q became a gaffer.

Daigo is the best yo!!

Daigo has managed to ruin Ryu for me though because his Ryu is just too good and I haven't seen any US player play Ryu the way he does. Most Ryu players look like a bunch of scrubs thanks to him. He has scared me away from ever maining that character.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
An XBL player called Uruseii shamed me yesterday with his Ryu on a G1 final. I came in expecting the usual Ryu which I can easily beat, but the guy was definitely a tournament player as he kept distance, footsies, and just baited me. I am lately playing with a very Rushdown style so in the first round he nearly perfected me after cornering me and leaving me no escape (his execution was godlike too). By the second round I was a bit stunned and though I managed to fight back he still defeated me by a wide margin. I felt like shit and turned the game off.

Was surprising. First player in months that actually manages to WOW me real hard, and I would dare say the first that leaves me with a dumb look in my face. He literally cleaned the floor with me :lol I lost complete focus in the second round which I usually don't. Now I would love playing him once more as I am sure with the correct mindset I could take him on, but man made me feel bad.

So, yeah... basically a shout out to Uruseii and me sulking after being kicked in the nuts =P. Made me realize I am probably not as good as I think I am :lol As a sidenote... I attended my first tournament ever, a 16 player one like a week ago and took second place after a Sagat beat me. Competition lacked until about the last 2 fights which were good. My hate for Sagat did grow though =P. Will be attending a tournament a Best Buy near me is organizing so I hope to at least take the win. Also... it wasn't too shocking for me. I kinda got a "tournament-feeling" when I fought in Haunts vs the world and there were a bunch of people in the chat room haha.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After staring at the ugly ass covers for so long I couldn't take it anymore and had custom boxarts made. Tis was worth it. SSFIV looks to be ugly too so I have to make some for them.

2qv6opj.jpg

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Kadey said:
After staring at the ugly ass covers for so long I couldn't take it anymore and had custom boxarts made. Tis was worth it. SSFIV looks to be ugly too so I have to make some for them.

2qv6opj.jpg
Alvin is so on and off with his SF art

but this one is great though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kadey said:

2qv6opj.jpg
Can I have the link for the picture to the right?

Kadey said:
*pic*
props on cropping rufus' legs homie

Morphis

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Le Maximillian - really enjoyed your Ed Ma videos, you make Ken look like a viable character. More please.

What are the thoughts on the madcatz fightpad? I want to get one for my brother to use as the 360 pad is just arse, are they good/sturdy/worth the money? Are there alternatives I can look to that has the same performance?

Finally, does anyone else a little bored with Yipes' innovation of calling fireballs plasma? That English guy on frame advantage started saying it as well, I cannot stand it.

I have the 360 fightpad myself, and it's great. Definitely miles better than the standard 360 pad. I moved on to the fightstick since, but the fightpad is still great for when friends come over to play SFIV of MvC2. As for alternatives, I wouldn't really know. A Saturn pad would work for the PS3, but for 360 I think the fightpad may be the best choice.

I prefer Ikeno art more. After HDR, I'm not a fan of Udon's SF art.

Man, Capcom fallen a long ways. SF2 had amazing artwork (except for the U.S. covers).

_dementia said:
mostly true except for this imo

ftjzgh.jpg

No. The artwork with Blanka, Ryu and Chun on SF2 was ugh.

sf2.jpg

compared to

sf2.jpg

The Honda/Sagat artwork on SF2 Turbo was ugh.

sf2turbo.jpg

The New Challengers cover was ugh.

588757_40441_front.jpg

The Ghettofied Akuma on 3DO was alright.

250px-Super_Street_Fighter_2_Turbo.jpg

Super%20Street%20Fighter%202%20Turbo_Cover.jpg

The SFA was disgusting.

street_fighter_alpha_cover--article_image.jpg

SFA2 is the best U.S. cover art as it used the beautiful Japanese art.

streetfighteralpha2artwork211008425.jpg

SFA3 was a cheap photoshop.

dcstreetfighteralpha3--article_image.jpg

I won't talk about the EX, III and IV cover arts.

Street_Fighter_EX_PlayStation_cover--article_image.jpg

Street_Fighter_EX2_PlayStation_cover.jpg

250px-Street_Fighter_EX3_cover.jpg

Street%2BFighter%2BIII%2BDouble%2BImpact.jpg

622374-sf3_large.jpg

Que Pickard and the what is this gif.

U.S. cover art is notoriously bad. Americans can't handle the beautiful Japanese artwork. Instead we get this and Pontiac Aztecks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
meh, quickie

http://i48.tinypic.com/vih8xh.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
Great choice of characters!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
It seems like I've been passing on Viper for Cammy more and more lately.

Protip for prospective Viper users: only put in a serious amount of time and effort with her if you like using her a lot. Beneath the flash and style, she's a very frustrating character.

Ploid 3.0

_dementia said:
meh, quickie

http://i48.tinypic.com/vih8xh.jpg
only on playstation!

spiderjericho what are you going on about i never said the US art was good[/QUOTE]

I like this one, wish I could print it. What do you guys use? Special photo paper and good printers?

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Also that original SF2 cover is badly choreographed. Chun Li's poor acting is exposed by her lack of motivation. Ryu already took the hit from Blanka ball. Doesn't she know that it can't hit twice? She should be trying to air throw him, not fearfully mashing LK while holding Back.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I like this one, wish I could print it. What do you guys use? Special photo paper and good printers?
I wouldn't print this. I purposely made it low-resolution because the source was small. It will look pretty terrible printed out at the dimensions of a real cover.

Top Bottom