• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I played that .de guys blanka like the same day people were talking about him like a week or so ago. I think I beat him, but I didn't think he was terrible even though I'm not good at the blanka matchup. He just tried to be tricky, but I guess that's what every blanka does.

DIRTY-D

Kadey said:
After staring at the ugly ass covers for so long I couldn't take it anymore and had custom boxarts made. Tis was worth it. SSFIV looks to be ugly too so I have to make some for them.

2qv6opj.jpg

Any chance you could please post the 360 version in this shot.

I love Ikeno's work...and this cover destroys the one they went with.

Thanks Kadey

DIRTY-D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Didn't Marn break your stick when he sat on it? You'd fix it, then he'd sit on it again.......and again........and again. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kadey said:
Didn't Marn break your stick when he sat on it? You'd fix it, then he'd sit on it again.......and again........and again. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MarkMan's stick is...

....IN-DES-TRUCTIBLE.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MarkMan said:
Come on, someone has to nominate this as the clutch and perverse thinking award of the day.
yes but....
Kadey said:
a new challenger has entered the ring.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oichi said:
MarkMan's stick is...

....IN-DES-TRUCTIBLE.

Winner.

--

Kadey wants me.

But Oichi might want me more.

Hi FindMyFarms <3

We can do this.

And let's not bring up Marn please.

---

But really, the new cover art thingies were neat ;)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's okay. I'll let you win this once since you're like full of love right now. Give some of that love to FMF.

I need to work on my backlog. Did my taxes today. Next friday. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :D

Kadey said:
It's okay. I'll let you win this once since you're like full of love right now. Give some of that love to FMF.

I need to work on my backlog. Did my taxes today. Next friday. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :D

Getting that fight money.

Anyone down for some XBL matches? GT: GNizzle858

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I finally won my first G2 Championship today, huzzah. As it turns out, I'm pretty terrible against charge characters and I kept drawing them in semi's and finals, finally got something like 4 Ryu's in a row, I don't remember exactly but there was at least 3, and beat them. I've learned the Ryu match up pretty well thanks to online play, it's tons of fun as an Akuma.

Also, ordered an arcade stick, I had been playing on a standard 360 controller since I got the game (Septemberish) and now all my practice is going to be reset to 0, time to warm up Trial Mode again.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey, I need to work on your backlog too.

Add that to your taxes.

I'm doing mine later this week. $$$

Also, haunts is the man. I had a heart to heart with him over the weekend.

He's so much cuter in real life than his avatar portrays him.

Joekage

Procarbine said:
I finally won my first G2 Championship today, huzzah. As it turns out, I'm pretty terrible against charge characters and I kept drawing them in semi's and finals, finally got something like 4 Ryu's in a row, I don't remember exactly but there was at least 3, and beat them. I've learned the Ryu match up pretty well thanks to online play, it's tons of fun as an Akuma.

Also, ordered an arcade stick, I had been playing on a standard 360 controller since I got the game (Septemberish) and now all my practice is going to be reset to 0, time to warm up Trial Mode again.

Don't worry man, I'm the same. Just ordered my Round 2 TE stick from the Markman keychain deal. I've had a regular TE stick forever but just was too scared to use it because of the fact that my skill would go away, so I sold it. But it's about time I suck it up, and finally learn how to play Street Fighter the way it was intended.

Gonna hit up training room/online play on PSN for at least a couple hours a day to get myself back up to shape. Also, thinking of playing ST on GGPO everyday to work on tight execution. So hopefully the wait to get back to my skills with a pad isn't that long.

kadey, thanks for posting all of those custom covers!! They look amazing!

Maximilian,

it was our pleasure man!

a) those matches were amazing
b) your ken is SO fun to watch.

When you post up those Valle vids i'd love to see those too. Those might hit front page as well. :) I know I'm not the only one who has a blast watching you play.

Now that you got all this practice, I wonder how you vs. haunts would work out now. I think last time you guys played you hadn't practiced in a while, right?

MIMIC

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
ADVENTURES IN PLAYERMATCHLAND

Unable to play
Unable to play
Host has removed you from the session
Flowchart Ken, leaves after one whooping
Unable to play
Decent player, beat him 5 or 6 times but he leaves right after he gets a victory
Unable to play
Unable to play
Host has removed you from the session
Unable to play
Leaves after getting beaten once then sends me rage mail about how burning kick is cheap
Unable to play
Unable to play
Unable to play
Unable to play
Unable to play

I always find that the people with the most outlandish names (for some reason) give you the "Unable to play" message.

Or so I'd like to think...

LeMaximilian said:
Here's those matches with JR Rodriguez from earlier. Faced a ton of Akuma over the past few days, :lol

Max vs JR Part 1
Max vs JR Part 2

Had some bouts with Valle tonight, was hella fun. Will upload and should be ready for tomorrow...

Great stuff!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Fuck this programming hw, i'mma play some late night/early morning SF4!

Who wants a piece? xbl: chickeny dinner

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MarkMan said:
He's so much cuter in real life than his avatar portrays him.

Is it TRUUUE?

GAF vote..

here I am gettin my stream on over the weekend. :D

4324477580_55a15e8339.jpg

"streaming...serious business...gimme dat mouse fool.." :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Kadey, I need to work on your backlog too.

Add that to your taxes.

I'm doing mine later this week. $$$

Property value!

You wouldn't know what to do with my backlog. I heard you like to hurry through backlogs and the end results are never satisfying!

This is the first year I'm getting back a huge amount. I'm thinking about getting a huge upgrade on something with it. Something I've been meaning to do.

Da fuk, da fuk. People are actually asking me a lot about the Saqs version and why I'm hatin not posting it so here. Put it up if you want to Furious. I should be thanking you guys. No more ugly covers publishers!

http://i50.tinypic.com/10ofgih.jpg

Why does Haunts always look like he's about to beat the crap out of someone? :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Got in some early morning SF4. Ran into a pretty horrible Akuma who rage quit before his 5th straight loss then sent me a message about how he hates Viper because Akuma/Viper is 7-3 in Viper's favor. le wat. Akuma's such a hard match for Viper it isn't even funny.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Who is this? Looks cute &#9829;

cgjjYzYrI.png

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MarkMan has a rare photo of me actually smiling..

Papi said:
Why do you have Serato hooked up? Hmmmm.

I usually DJ at larger events like NCR... We were going to do it at Strong Style too but ran into technical issues so played jams off the iPhone instead. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
haunts said:
MarkMan has a rare photo of me actually smiling..
Rare footage of haunts actually smiling :D

LosDaddie

Banned
_dementia said:
Same. Sadly I haven't touched my copies since TvC dropped.

You on PSN? If so, let's get some games going this weekend.

EDIT: I'll be at my bro's house this weekend and I figure I'll on online (PSN) starting around 11pm EST. I doubt I'll be playing anything other than SFIV....kinda like a "send off" weekend playthrough

I've been playing a lot less myself. I am not that good, but I am pretty content with my skills as far as that I am competent enough that I extract a lot of enjoyment out of the game and not get frustrated whether I win or lose. Online comp right now is sooo bad right now, as lost fragment points out.

Top Bottom