• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Let me tell you a story about haunts, kids.

It all starts in a nightclub in Tokyo.......... and.......... :lol

Threi

notag
what's this about an arcade stick giveway?

I want an arcade stick

Oichi said:
Let me tell you a story about haunts, kids.

It all starts in a nightclub in Tokyo.......... and.......... :lol
Haunts does look like the type to get down with ghetto street hookers...

tell us more.

Nakazato

I was wondering if any one have any good rufus v ryu (or any shoto thats ken/akuma/sagat) having a huge problem with fireball and srk spam.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
PhatSaqs said:
More good shit Max. I guess I'm not leet enuff to have our matches grace your tube channel lol.

Keep up the good work :D

You gave me a good whooping a few days ago. It was one of those days where everyone I played could do anything they wanted to me and it'd work, :lol Pretty sure everyone has a day like that in SF4 tho.

Okay super random thought...

With Valle being the A3 champion and all that...

Did Capcom intentionally name Alex (SFIII) after the guy? I mean, even plotwise the character is an American looking for strong foreign competition.

Great vids Maximillian!

_dementia said:

Did Capcom intentionally name Alex (SFIII) after the guy? I mean, even plotwise the character is an American looking for strong foreign competition.

Oh, I want to know this too!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
XenoRaven said:
Agreed. Although I'd have an easier time choosing if there was a Chun-Li one.

Just saying. >_>

Just because I love you.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2vbrdj5.jpg

More custom covers actually. A little bit of everything. You can add these as well Furious. We got Timekiller, Marn and Justin versions.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2mqua0x.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/3324ef4.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2u75e1k.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2iascg4.jpg

Oh, that parody video. I'm still dying. :lol

_dementia said:

Did Capcom intentionally name Alex (SFIII) after the guy? I mean, even plotwise the character is an American looking for strong foreign competition

SFIII came out before Alpha 3 (both NG and 2I. TS released afterward. A3 came out in 98 I want to say. NG came out in 97. 2I came out in 98. TS in 99).

But...Alex was a champion in Alpha 2 so who knows.

Nice vids. That Honda combo was ridiculous. And Sakura...seriously.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Somehow the other day I was comboing ryu's overhead into a dragon punch, but can't seem to do it now. Must have been character specific? Or maybe it was a dream?????

I'm guessing fuerte or sagat or zangief since they have huge hitboxes. off to training mode!

CPS2

Timedog said:
Somehow the other day I was comboing ryu's overhead into a dragon punch, but can't seem to do it now. Must have been character specific? Or maybe it was a dream?????

I'm guessing fuerte or sagat or zangief since they have huge hitboxes. off to training mode!

Just looking at the frame data it looks like a natural 1 frame link combo. I'm guessing it works on everyone.

noisome07

Banned
Kadey said:
The best cover has yet to be seen. :D

-=jumps off cliff=-

I raise you:

1tk120.jpg

Link to bigger version

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
viewtiful_dru said:
Ken needs Ryu's normals

c.MP in particular

edit: and Akuma's sweep

ryu needs ken's st. mk, quicker cr. mk, target combo, superior horizontal range on srk, easier cr. mk link, faster air attacks, ex srk that actually does damage, and akuma's st. rh.

Nah, Ken just needs to be able to combo into full ultra since his ultra does good damage.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Timedog said:
ryu needs ken's st. mk, quicker cr. mk, target combo, superior horizontal range on srk, easier cr. mk link, faster air attacks, ex srk that actually does damage, and akuma's st. rh.

Nah, Ken just needs to be able to combo into full ultra since his ultra does good damage.

It seems like everyone's solve for weak chars is to buff up combos into ultra.

Here's how I'd fix Ken: (assuming ultras are kept)

new move: Knee Bash: hcf+K. Has same range is Ken's karathrow (making Kara-throw irrelevant). Does low damage but better stun then a throw. EX would be a bit better.

Higher foot speed.

Better SRK with less startup.

I'd up the damage on the anti-air part of Ultra I.

That Ken would be a monster at mixup, I'd actually play him. Scrubs would play him wrong, they'd actually throw fireballs.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Anybody played a cat named delongowoods83?

Ran into him in Playermatchland yesterday. Probably the best Ryu I've played. Other than Timedog of course.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Lost Fragment said:
Anybody played a cat named delongowoods83?

Ran into him in Playermatchland yesterday. Probably the best Ryu I've played. Other than Timedog of course.

No, but anyone ever played a Vega player on PSN named Wulf08? I ran into him in player matches not too long ago and he's basically the BEST Vega I've ever seen. Afterwards I thought to myself, "how is it that Vega is low tier again?" But anyway, I'm trying to find a way to get into some GAF chats on PSN to get some matches in. Anyone mind addin me? PSN is:
Hi-Tek_Saint

Joekage

Man, just got done with a late night session of PSN SF4, and it is just unbearably bad. I met a few good players but it's like dead in terms of comp. Plus the lag just makes it even more unbearable, especially playing with Ken. He's already slow as molasses anyways, well compared to Rufus.

Played this dude named JWong3385 or something. Best Ryu I've ever played against, He consistently hit every link, FADC, name it, he could do it. It was awe inspiring, and humiliating but I did beat him with Rufus so it was all in all a good night.

Also, got my Round 2 TE stick in. Now time to rage as I get used to playing with a stick. Hopefully it's not serious enough for me to pull a Gootecks.. but you never know.

Hi-Tek, I can add you if you want. My PSN is TostitoSalsa, my friend list may be full, if it is, just send me a PM and I'll delete a few people and invite you to the GAF chat.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Saqs, I'm gonna upload the matches we had this morning to YouTube, unless you mind. Feel like I've hit a ceiling with Viper lately and want to post it on srk so folks can critique me.

Happy that I did somewhat better against you this time than I did last time. Think the last time we played, the final score was like 20-4 or something.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Saqs, I'm gonna upload the matches we had this morning to YouTube, unless you mind. Feel like I've hit a ceiling with Viper lately and want to post it on srk so folks can critique me.

Happy that I did somewhat better against you this time than I did last time. Think the last time we played, the final score was like 20-4 or something.
Dont mind at all man. Ggs :)

how do you guys run into these good players in player matches? Been playing player matches the past few days and the competition has been piss poor and my opponents might as well be moving training dummies :-(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Good player is relative.

Some people on here would call me a good player, the top tier players would call me a scrub, or at best a mediocre player.

It's all where you stand on the pyramid.

BotoxAgent said:
how do you guys run into these good players in player matches? Been playing player matches the past few days and the competition has been piss poor and my opponents might as well be moving training dummies :-(
you can invite opponents in player matches

def sim

Player match is usually a crap shoot, but sometimes you land gold and you get to play that person for more than one game. Probably why I stick to it more than CM.

_dementia said:
you can invite opponents in player matches

I usually do, but seems like a lot of people on my list are playing Mass Effect right now (I play goog gaf players on occasion like AZ Greg, but my schedule is kind of whack so it's hard running into friends I usually enjoy playing with). But I usually run into quite a few hanful of good solid players randomly in the past.

Pandaman said:
anyone ever play BLACKHAWKDOWNX? guy makes ever match he plays interesting with his crazy finish.

uuuhhh

rance said:
Player match is usually a crap shoot, but sometimes you land gold and you get to play that person for more than one game. Probably why I stick to it more than CM.
championship is full of ragequitters concerned about GP

Pandaman said:
anyone ever play BLACKHAWKDOWNX? guy makes ever match he plays interesting with his crazy finish.

Isn't that the Ken that DSP played that he posted on Youtube?

He set the match to 2 rounds and 30 secs. DSP didn't realize it. BLACKHAWKDOWNX flowcharted his ass off and won the set by running away. It was classic :lol

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Joekage said:
Hi-Tek, I can add you if you want. My PSN is TostitoSalsa, my friend list may be full, if it is, just send me a PM and I'll delete a few people and invite you to the GAF chat.

No problem I should be home around 9pm EST. I'll add ya then.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
black_vegeta said:

He set the match to 2 rounds and 30 secs. DSP didn't realize it. BLACKHAWKDOWNX flowcharted his ass off and won the set by running away. It was classic :lol
its even better then that, he's notorious for ragequiting and racist hatemail after every loss.

Ploid 3.0

black_vegeta said:

Have a link to that haha?

Timedog said:

Ryu's overhead is listed as +3 on hit on SRK wiki. The second hit of his overhead has 2 active frames, so if you got it on the 2nd frame, then it's effectively +4 which makes the shoryuken link possible. If you were getting them on counterhit with the overhead, then the link is even easier.

Leunam said:
Sorry about last night Farms, I was already in a match when you invited me.

All good dawg.

So I was playing this beastly Ken with my Chun the other day, and I had decided to do her 4th hard trial (SPK -> super) since I'm getting pretty good at it. I miss the link by a frame or so, giving him time to do his super. But the thing is, we did our supers at the exact same time. The screen lagged for about 4 seconds as it tried to do both of the supers. But his overpowered mine.
(Or he triggered his a frame after I triggered mine, but nevertheless, It made me smile).

dragonballjoseph said:
So I was playing this beastly Ken with my Chun the other day, and I had decided to do her 4th hard trial (SPK -> super) since I'm getting pretty good at it. I miss the link by a frame or so, giving him time to do his super. But the thing is, we did our supers at the exact same time. The screen lagged for about 4 seconds as it tried to do both of the supers. But his overpowered mine.
(Or he triggered his a frame after I triggered mine, but nevertheless, It made me smile).

Igniz!

Edit: Thnx Dementia

Top Bottom