• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ArjanN

Ploid 3.0 said:
omg, wow. At the end he should have just safely punished that wiffed dp. Very unfortunate that he went for ultra.

It's because he's so mindfucked by the 30 second timer, lol.

He could have easily done ultra, he should have just waited for the other guy to almost land first.

And the 30 second thing was funny (I've done it once for laughs) but it really only works one round. The next round there is no advantage.

Ducarmel

I hate street fighter online i always make sure the time limit is 99 and at lest 3 rounds. Also I make sure the connection at least yellow.

Wish I knew people I can play offline, online is the only way I can play other people.

Whenever I watch a championship replay, I am always surprised how fast and smooth the game moves...it's almost a different game. God online blows.

MIMIC

Banned
Learned in a Fuerte mirror match that if you want to finish the RSF with a slide, you have to at LEAST get 4 hits. When I did 2 hits and a slide, I kept going RIGHT THROUGH Fuerte. I tested it out in training mode and was successful approx. 20% of the time (2 hits + slide). The other 80% he slid right through him.

Doing 4 hits was much more successful. More like 80 or 90%.

And interestingly enough, Fuerte seems to be the easiest character to do the RSF against. Could easily get 9 hits on him in training mode :lol

Man, Saqs looks like a total bitch to play against. His Rose like gets into people's heads...like a true psychic

Kadey - that cover is full of win :lol

BitchTits

black_vegeta said:
I can't find the original vid, but I found it on his DSP's Top 10 worst Gaming Moments '09 (it's #4).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gIgwlYcvaw&feature=youtube_gdata
Oh God, some pro flowchart Ken stuff there, counter everything with a flaming DP, EX if you have it. Lots of random jumping backwards.

I couldn't stop watching even though it was so bad. The Rufus player should've put a FA infront of that Ultra at the end, lol.

MIMIC

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

I hate when people do that shit to me...jumping to the other side of me when they didn't knock me down to continue the massacre (is that called "resetting") :lol Especially Seth. I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BLOCK! :( I usually have no idea what to do.

Solune

Hi-tekk said:
I'm up for some players matches on PSN if anyone wants to play. My PSN is:
Hi-Tek_Saint

I think your friends list is full Hi-Tek, I tried to add you to so I could add you to GAF Chat but it failed when you posted before.

On another note, if someone wants to own a noob shoto / cammy user add me!
PSN: Sollune

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Solune said:
I think your friends list is full Hi-Tek, I tried to add you to so I could add you to GAF Chat but it failed when you posted before.

On another note, if someone wants to own a noob shoto / cammy user add me!
PSN: Sollune

My bad. I just deleted some people and added ya. Accept whenever you get the chance.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Lost Fragment said:
pfft, sakura can do all that with half the meter.

yep, she can do it with 2 resets, two bars and an ultra.
j.hk,c.hp,EX.shunpakyu,j.hk reset.
c.hp,EX.shunpakyu,j.hk sagat is now stunned.
level 3 focus, c.lk dashunder reset
c.lp/c.lk/c.hp, EX.shunpakyu, ultra.

begin second round:
taunt
TIGER UPPERCUT

Cowie

Majestros said:
Abel's finally done.

SF4 Biweekly TACV 07: Abel

Sorry about the delay. I ended up including a couple of extra combos at the last minute, which then turned into a day.

Alright good, so there IS an abel infinite. It doesn't seem to come up much, but I swear a guy got me with like 4-5 loops of it in a match once. It was frightening.

AZ Greg

Timedog said:
Good games, AZ Greg. I don't know why i'm so terrible vs. other ryu's.

GGs.

About your Ryu issues, I'd guess it's because you can't play your run away style against him. If you just back into the corner and jump back HK/random SRK like you usually do you'll eat a ton of fireball damage (hit or chip). So you're forced to play out of your comfort zone. The threat of getting hit by a tatsu also seems to hurt your SHMUP style fireball game.

fresquito

It's awesome how you improve in this game by playing online. My execution has gotten better since I got the Saturn pad, but it's still abysmal (specially considering I was quite good in the arcades back in the day and now I can't link shit with a pad).

If I continue playing (which I plan on doing) I'll have to look at one of those expensive arcade sticks and return to my old self >_<

Fake edit: I hate Balrog players. They're all clones. Today I faced one who didn't know shit about how to fight. He was just turtling all the time, trying to connect one of his super trained combos. But he didn't have any fighting knowledge, if you know what I mean. He was just this robot-like player that I hate so much in fighting games. I beat him and I thought he had just started scratching online mode, but it turns out he had more BP than I did.

Real edit: add me to your GFW if you live in Europe: ninthword

Nakazato

Cowie said:
Alright good, so there IS an abel infinite. It doesn't seem to come up much, but I swear a guy got me with like 4-5 loops of it in a match once. It was frightening.
that happen to me as well

Leunam

_dementia said:
I thought Fei's infinite against Seth and Abel was patched out.

It was. I'm surprised Abels infinite is new to people. It's not easy to do and it only works on two characters. Far from worth it besides practice with one frame links.

have any of you guys manage to successfully play an online match with someone from Korea or Japan.

Farms, my memory is hazy, but I briefly heard during the haunts stream/chat that you played poongko? how did that go

Top Bottom