• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Back when the game first came out I met a decent Japanese Dan on 360.
It came down the final round but I was able to clutch it out in the end and avoided the shame. Lag ftw.
I actually won by AA TK -> Burst Time with full revenge meter :lol

haunts said:
Any Sagat vs Guile tips? This match gives me a lot of problems.

Are you getting lamerboi'd?!

BotoxAgent said:
have any of you guys manage to successfully play an online match with someone from Korea or Japan.

Farms, my memory is hazy, but I briefly heard during the haunts stream/chat that you played poongko? how did that go

Actually, our connection was really good for some reason, 4 bars and it was pretty smooth. Dunno how that happened. Final count was around 15-5 me, but it's online casuals etc. so it doesn't really mean much.

FindMyFarms said:
Actually, our connection was really good for some reason, 4 bars and it was pretty smooth. Dunno how that happened. Final count was around 15-5 me, but it's online casuals etc. so it doesn't really mean much.

You're so god like. Bet you didn't use Boxer, coward. So when are we going to have the runback of Haunts vs. Find? It's been a minute since Haunts vs. the World.

Spiderjericho said:
You're so god like. Bet you didn't use Boxer, coward. So when are we going to have the runback of Haunts vs. Find? It's been a minute since Haunts vs. the World.

Haha, i'm ok. I used Boxer, Ryu, Cammy. "Haunts vs. Find who jumps first?!!" run back on monday maybe?

FindMyFarms said:
Haha, i'm ok. I used Boxer, Ryu, Cammy. "Haunts vs. Find who jumps first?!!" run back on monday maybe?

So in the runback, you're going to use Boxer? Not to say your Ryu isn't good but obviously we wanted to see your main and his main.

Who did Poongko use when you played?

Spiderjericho said:
So in the runback, you're going to use Boxer? Not to say your Ryu isn't good but obviously we wanted to see your main and his main.

Who did Poongko use when you played?

It's just that I can't play balrog in that type of match due to the lag. I'm all footsies with him, and there's no way I'd be able to whiff punish anything. That's why I had to bust out the zoning/fireball/lame out game w/ Ryu. If I played Rog I'm pretty sure I'd get wrecked.

Poongko played Ryu and Akuma, but in all seriousness I think he was just trying to do phat combos lol.

FindMyFarms said:
GDLK Korean internetz imo

Nice Adnan!! I wish u recorded those matches. Poongko is all rush rush rush. It's always interesting to watch.

dementia - I bet those Japanese Dans are no joke ;-)

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
FindMyFarms said:
It's just that I can't play balrog in that type of match due to the lag. I'm all footsies with him, and there's no way I'd be able to whiff punish anything. That's why I had to bust out the zoning/fireball/lame out game w/ Ryu. If I played Rog I'm pretty sure I'd get wrecked.

Poongko played Ryu and Akuma, but in all seriousness I think he was just trying to do phat combos lol.

FMF,

thats pretty cool that you played against him. How did you set that up?

Imm0rt4l

FindMyFarms said:
Are you getting lamerboi'd?!

word? I don't understand why you and I can never get a good connection when we try to play. Bad luck on my part I guess :mad:. I'm never torrenting since I live on campus too, smh.

Imm0rt4l said:
word? I don't understand why you and I can never get a good connection when we try to play. Bad luck on my part I guess :mad:

Nah, it's on my end. I have 3 roommates, so someone's bound to be streaming or torrenting something. When I played poongko it was at like 4 am, so my interwebz wasn't being harassed.

-COOLIO- said:
IF THATS WHAT YALL ARE CALLIN IT

:lol

No, I was just fucking with you. There's a car store like Napa Auto Parts called AUTOZONE (don't know if they're located outside of Cali).

Prepare for the next time to play, for you not to be in the zone. You're going to get owned by flowchart Ken's...it's just the nature of the beast.

XenoRaven

black_vegeta said:

No, I was just fucking with you. There's a car store like Napa Auto Parts called AUTOZONE (don't know if they're located outside of Cali).
Yeah, Autozones are all over the place. Thanks by the way. Their radio ad is now stuck in my head.

Ladies whispering - Get in the zone.
Man oversinging - AU-TO-ZONE!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
black_vegeta said:

Prepare for the next time to play, for you not to be in the zone. You're going to get owned by flowchart Ken's...it's just the nature of the beast.
this is probably true

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i have officially mashed jab so much to bait jumps, tech throws, throw jab booms, and just jab people that i have BROKEN A SANWA BUTTON -- it's now quite possible to depress it lightly without getting an input. surely this is a milestone of some kind. fortunately i've got those useless 7th and 8th buttons to swap in

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I figured out what was making Ryu so so good online. Lag abuse combo of + on block normals that leave you in throw range.

Plenty of solutions to this, like getting a non-shitty netcode, adding blockstun, adding throw escape window. Hopefully Capcom implements one of these in Super- or I can see the game devolving into the same old.

Ronabo

drohne said:
i have officially mashed jab so much to bait jumps, tech throws, throw jab booms, and just jab people that i have BROKEN A SANWA BUTTON -- it's now quite possible to depress it lightly without getting an input. surely this is a milestone of some kind. fortunately i've got those useless 7th and 8th buttons to swap in

That's pretty impressive.

Leave it broke for now. I may then have a chance at beating your Guile :D :lol

Oichi said:
a-cho's SF4 National qualifer videos are up! Well, quarters and semi-finals are up. The grand finals should be up later. My very short write-up of it is here: http://www.versuscity.net/2010/01/31/sf4-national-qualifers-kansai-results/

video link: http://www.a-cho.com/ac/achomov.html

Everyone NEEDS to see 50 Yen's Fuerte OCV'ing a team of Sim/Rufus/Sagat. It was EPIC.

Can you translate the names of the players? AC Revenger was gettin beastly on that rufus in round 3, that last set of mixups was crazy. And the Dictator's rushdown was beautiful to watch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Every time I play against someone in Japan. I'm expecting a really bad beat down but most of them are your typical taunt when you can turtles. So yeah, it's obvious the best play at the arcades. :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh god, playing random people online is torture, absolutely horrible online community.

99 out of a 100 times the ping is red, and 1 in 100 times you meet somebody with a good connection where 4 sceneraios play out

1. they wont even start the game
2. they start and are horrible/boring to play against
3. theyre good but they leave after 1 loss/win
4. they stay and play a long time <---- veeery rare

I wonder how the online is for blazblue, anybody here still play? Damn game hasnt come to yurop yet

Grifter

arstal said:
I figured out what was making Ryu so so good online. Lag abuse combo of + on block normals that leave you in throw range.

Plenty of solutions to this, like getting a non-shitty netcode, adding blockstun, adding throw escape window. Hopefully Capcom implements one of these in Super- or I can see the game devolving into the same old.

On top of this, more meaty normals than anyone around his speed (critical online) and fireballs that are hard to punish and still fast enough to pressure.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Grifter said:
On top of this, more meaty normals than anyone around his speed (critical online) and fireballs that are hard to punish and still fast enough to pressure.

What exactly is a meaty normal? Also doesn't every character have + on block normals?

FindMyFarms said:
Can you translate the names of the players? AC Revenger was gettin beastly on that rufus in round 3, that last set of mixups was crazy. And the Dictator's rushdown was beautiful to watch.

yeah, holy crap @ round 3

Grifter

They're active longer (easier to keep them pinned in wakeup situations, esp. w/lag).

I have like 4 friends learning Viper and only like 1 of them can hit her basic (but hard) combos, like seismo, BK, ultra and fierce, feint, fierce. It's been months so now it actually annoys me when they miss it on me. Any tricks on her inputs?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Grifter said:
They're active longer (easier to keep them pinned in wakeup situations, esp. w/lag).

I have like 4 friends learning Viper and only like 1 of them can hit her basic (but hard) combos, like seismo, BK, ultra and fierce, feint, fierce. It's been months so now it actually annoys me when they miss it on me. Any tricks on her inputs?

They're active longer, but they have slower than average recovery.

Also what normals does he have that are + on block other than lp? I don't feel like he has any significant advantage in that area over other characters.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Timedog said:
They're active longer, but they have slower than average recovery.

Also what normals does he have that are + on block other than lp? I don't feel like he has any significant advantage in that area over other characters.
His c.mp is the shit. 4 frames and + 2 on block. +5 on hit. Its kinda stupid :lol

Top Bottom