• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ReiGun

Lyte Edge said:
I still have a difficult time against good Elf players. "Good" being the keyword, because I rarely run into them, and when I do I still feel like a good bit of my game is shut down, so I too would like some advice on this match-up and would like to play some of the awesome Elf players here.

Against your average Elf player, though, I find that it's best to just keep on the move, focus when able, and utilize a lot of standing/jumping pokes/throws...but you have to be constantly moving and try to be as "random" as Fuerte when you're doing it. Also remember that running Fuertes are suckers for well-timed ultras.

I just got done playing for a bit and met a Fuerte player in the finals of a championship set, and beat him just doing jumping straight-up HKs 99% of the time. :lol But he had a much lower amount of GP than I did and looked like he just came up from G3 or hadn't played in a long time.
I actually beat one doing the exact same thing. :lol I usually do well for most of the match. It's the damn tostada pressure that kills me. I always seem to guess wrong when deciding which direction to block.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My so called "lab." :D

hry5qg.jpg

wtf y u ballin so hard

My room only has my playstation in one corner, and the fapstation in the other corner. And a minifridge.

edit - LOL just noticed daigo photo

comrade

FindMyFarms said:
wtf y u ballin so hard

My room only has my playstation in one corner, and the fapstation in the other corner. And a minifridge.
We need to play again FMF. I'm not on WiFi anymore and the connection should be better.

The Chun-Li match-up is really disadvantageous for Dhalsim, it's not even funny. Even fighting against a Rufus isn't that bad compared to facing a Thumb-Li that knows what to do.

BTW, Greg: if you want to train yourself to be even more patient, try finding a Zangief who's experienced in that match-up.

Also: that Daigo photo.

AZ Greg said:
GGs.

I was so used to picking Dhalsim that I even accidentally picked him once during our Vega matches. :lol

haha, that's what I figured :lol At that point, I was getting fatigued and really sleepy. I think it was good that we called it quits at that point. Looking forward to playing you more next time :)

Good showing haunts. I wished I could have stayed up longer for it, but I really tired and hit the hey hard.

Kadey - nice Daigo photo :D diggin the lab

MicVlad - yeah, I am starting to realize that Chun has a huge advantage over Sim in this matchup. I noticed that there have been a huge spike of Chun players online. I guess everyone is starting to realize the power of dem legs \m/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
AZ Greg said:
I always feel like that annoying sniper player in an FPS when I pick Dhalsim. :lol But I'm enjoying his style. Still have a way to go with him though.

Maybe next time you can give me some more practice vs. your Chun. I really don't have much vs. her with my Sim. I was so pissed when I lost the one match you picked her. I had you dizzied in the final round and just had to use my super for the win. But I got cocky and tried to combo into it. Needless to say, I messed it up. :(

GGs.

Sure. Yeah I was about to lose that match, it's just that in this instance lag really screws me up since I tend to FA the arms and hit back then, still haven't found the timing. I played like shit last night trying to rush down every second :lol

Well, if you see me on tonight hit me with an invite, I don't mind =)

Nice Kadey.

Definitely a ballerific lab you got going on.

Too bad I couldn't stay up to watch/play on the Haunts stream last night. The night prior I stayed up past my bed time playing Eva01 and then I started Bayonetta. I was so damn tired last night. :/

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Threi said:
in before markman demanding a framed picture of himself on the wall as well

I'm good!

She has my picture framed in her heart... <3

I love that Minmay wallscroll more and more each time I see it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Maybe I missed this.

SF4 is now up as a downloadable game on Xbox Live, for $29.99. Did anyone get this? Just wondering if the same save data can be used. Doubt I will get this with Super only months away, but it would be really nice to always have SF4 playable right from the 360. Plus it takes up less space than installing the game from a disc.

Lyte Edge said:
Maybe I missed this.

SF4 is now up as a downloadable game on Xbox Live, for $29.99. Did anyone get this? Just wondering if the same save data can be used. Doubt I will get this with Super only months away, but it would be really nice to always have SF4 playable right from the 360. Plus it takes up less space than installing the game from a disc.

Yeah, it's the same game so the save will work just fine.

Joekage

GG's to my bro Hi_Tekk Saint just now. Solid Akuma, no matter how modest you are about it xD. Gave my Rufus mad trouble and that cr HP pretty much neutralizes all crossups by Ken god damn lol.

GG's also to my mentor/idol FindmyFarms last night. Pretty sure this was the first time we played and I won more than you did that the end of the set haha. Good luck in the tourny tommorow, even though I'll be there to make sure it's not that easy for you haha.

Feeling like my Rufus game is getting much better. I used to be hella reckless, throwing stuff out there hoping it hits, but I think I've cleaned my game up a bit resulting in a much more refined Rufus. But don't think I can't throw out a random EX messiah when I feel the need.:D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The picture makes it look a lot darker than it really is. The exposure is three times darker than normal. I really can type or play without lights on though since I've been doing it forever.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
Joekage said:
GG's to my bro Hi_Tekk Saint just now. Solid Akuma, no matter how modest you are about it xD. Gave my Rufus mad trouble and that cr HP pretty much neutralizes all crossups by Ken god damn lol.

GG's also to my mentor/idol FindmyFarms last night. Pretty sure this was the first time we played and I won more than you did that the end of the set haha. Good luck in the tourny tommorow, even though I'll be there to make sure it's not that easy for you haha.

Feeling like my Rufus game is getting much better. I used to be hella reckless, throwing stuff out there hoping it hits, but I think I've cleaned my game up a bit resulting in a much more refined Rufus. But don't think I can't throw out a random EX messiah when I feel the need.:D

Joe,

your rufus was definitely beastin last nite! GG's to ya also! It's funny how you mentioned about being hella reckless because that is what I was expectin you to be! :lol But you were pretty patient and smart. And that c.hp is too good (the hitbox on that thing is insane)! But I have to be careful to not rely too much on it though! Good luck in the tourney today.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_o2xHosm5o&feature=player_embedded

shit i finally saw that 50Yen, danm he hit Sagat with a nasty crossup jFP

exGUAC <3
Cross up fierce is easy.

He also gets a cross up HK which is guaranteed on sagat after a fuerte air throw if you just jump straight after the throw and go right at him and not move forward.

EDIT: Lmfao the blankas in the beginning of that combo video.. so awesome.

Top Bottom