• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Whoever thought it would be a good idea to NOT be able to play with two keyboards at the same time in SF4 should get their balls ripped off. What a fucking stupid decision, good god.

Threi

notag
Game & Watch is awesome.

fuck the haters, smash is a great game.

"I'm to manly to play smash put back on the green electric guy and the karate man"

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
o man im on a roll again. my bp record for the last few months i think has been 1629 or something, and now im at 1799 :D

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I don't hate on smash, I hate on brawl. I was one of those hardcore melee players that cried for days when I saw how dumbed down brawl was. Yay tripping!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So how was it? Could you even combo cr. mk cr. mk together with Ryu in SF4?

God's Beard said:
I stopped mine at 888, to go with my 777 tournament points, then just went back to 3rd Strike.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm even at 2000 for either pc or xbox.

I just wanted an excuse to say GET HYPE!

TofuEater

After about 3 weeks of no SF4, I come back to it and :lol I cannot do constant tigershots no more

FADC's miss 100% of the time now fuck yeah!

Its like learning how to use a stick all over again

Joekage

Hey everyone. To those who watched the Dallas stream of the tourny hope you enjoyed it as much as I did being apart of it. If anyone remembers, I was JoseAmor, the dualshock 3 Rufus player. Lost to a really good Gen player who was pretty much my only time playing one seriously haha. Input lag from the 360-PS2 adapter hurt me alot but I did get 9th in my first ever tourney and got to see a great grand finals between Farms and Andrew. To anyone who has that urge to level up, going to a real live tourney will make you so hungry to get better. Now that I've done this, I'm spendig countless hours training with my stick for the next tourny.

Threi

notag
Bison's cr.fp is so underrated. As far as I can tell despite the slow startup its completely safe on block if you hit it from as far as possible, and as already known it can be used as a (kinda shitty) anti-air. Mixing up the slow cr.fp with the much faster st.fk and rk works wonders at close range.

I don't even remember the last time I played rank. When I first got the game, I basically played it until I got to about 2400 or so. When I actually bothered learning about championship, I played that until about 19000 GP. Now I just do player matches. There are much tougher people in player matches than in G1 IMO.

Joekage

dragonballjoseph said:
I don't even remember the last time I played rank. When I first got the game, I basically played it until I got to about 2400 or so. When I actually bothered learning about championship, I played that until about 19000 GP. Now I just do player matches. There are much tougher people in player matches than in G1 IMO.

Pretty much the story of my online SF4 career.

Killa Sasa said:
I was at work during the stream, any chance it got recorded?

I don't think it got recorded. Most of my matches were standard tourney fare, used balrog thoughout. Winners finals, played against Andrew P (rufus) and lost w/ rog 3-1. I won my losers finals match, then played Andrew in Grand Finals using Cammy. Won first set 3-0, then lost the second set 3-2. Came down to last round with both of us having a sliver of life left. Really tense match, but he got the better of me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I do everything in the dark. -=wink=-

Am I the only one that got wet reading this?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

*starts charging down with Chun-Li and pressing up+kick button then pauses it at the right moment*

awwww yea

if I'm lucky, I'll have a new use for my stick tomorrow ;)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
I don't think it got recorded. Most of my matches were standard tourney fare, used balrog thoughout. Winners finals, played against Andrew P (rufus) and lost w/ rog 3-1. I won my losers finals match, then played Andrew in Grand Finals using Cammy. Won first set 3-0, then lost the second set 3-2. Came down to last round with both of us having a sliver of life left. Really tense match, but he got the better of me.

D'oh! Gotta record dem matchez boss!

Ducarmel

EraldoCoil said:
I really hate Zangief, I really hate Zangief, I really hate Zangief, yes I really hate Zangief...
:lol by any chance did you face a dude name Super Pancake on GFW.

Anyway

For the Zangief players is there any tips on Akuma you know what I mean its when you play that guy. He makes you play dodge or eat a fireball until you finally get close to him, but he teleports to the other side and you have to dance with fireballs again. Like there is no way to win until he messes up, and by the time the round is almost over you start to panic to get close to him because you lose anyway because he has more health when time runs out.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
3 things

1. why do I feel like im trying to swallow a 1000 lbs rock when I'm trying to learn viper ( with 360 pad ) ?

2. why is she soo hard to learn ?

3. what can I do with viper with a pad? I can barely pull och ex-seismo hjc burning kick 1/10 times.... but I dont want to give up on her :(

"1. why do I feel like im trying to swallow a 1000 lbs rock when I'm trying to learn viper ( with 360 pad ) ?"

Execution heavy character.

"2. why is she soo hard to learn ?"

Execution heavy character.

"3. what can I do with viper with a pad? I can barely pull och ex-seismo hjc burning kick 1/10 times.... but I dont want to give up on her :("

Practice...a lot.

Corky said:
3 things

1. why do I feel like im trying to swallow a 1000 lbs rock when I'm trying to learn viper ( with 360 pad ) ?

2. why is she soo hard to learn ?

3. what can I do with viper with a pad? I can barely pull och ex-seismo hjc burning kick 1/10 times.... but I dont want to give up on her :(

buy a stick or a controller with a decent dpad.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MarkMan said:
if I'm lucky, I'll have a new use for my stick tomorrow ;)

Hopefully you'll throw a stick at Madcatz customer service for not answering my request to get a TE keychain. They sent me a fightpad with no keychain, won't answer the phone, and failed to respond to my emails.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
akachan ningen said:
buy a stick or a controller with a decent dpad.

I wish , I'm so fucking low on cash, besides we never get those decent dpad controllers on this side of the atlantic

Ducarmel said:
For the Zangief players is there any tips on Akuma you know what I mean its when you play that guy. He makes you play dodge or eat a fireball until you finally get close to him, but he teleports to the other side and you have to dance with fireballs again. Like there is no way to win until he messes up, and by the time the round is almost over you start to panic to get close to him because you lose anyway because he has more health when time runs out.

If you're confident enough in your ability to dodge fireballs (lariat and/or focus should cover that), slowly move the Akuma into the corner, building meter while you do so. When you get him to the corner, stay back for a bit. If you go in too much too fast, he'll just teleport on you. There are probably a bunch of ways to score good hits on him from there, but the 2 that come to mind for me are to either stay at max-range for an EX green hand and hit him when he lobs a fireball at you, or bait him into a teleport towards you, so that you can knock him down when he's coming out of it. Once he's down, that's where I can't help you as much. Akuma's teleport complicates Gief's mixup game, and unless you really mindfuck the guy, he'll probably just warp out. If you know he's warping out, you can close the gap with greenhands, but otherwise, just go for what you think will trip him up. The key to the matchup is to keep a lifelead whenever possible, and eventually sit on it, forcing him to come to you. Akuma vs. Gief is a really slow matchup, I don't know any easy tricks to make it short.

blanka_tweak_02.jpg

some of those pc version modders are pretty talented

Zapages

_dementia said:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Dropkick60606/blanka_tweak_02.jpg

some of those pc version modders are pretty talented

That's how imagined Blanka to look like... Capcom take notes here... That looks really good. :)

Top Bottom