• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Update from WCG in France. Oh and this is why Daigo, Eita, and Fuudo weren't at Gods Garden 2. It's because they're in France trying to make some real money.

2v2 Team Finals

Team Japan 1: Daigo/Eita vs aAa: Yamazaki93/lorddvd

lorddvd(Honda) beats Eita(Akuma)
Daigo(Ryu) beats Yamazaki93(Ryu)
Daigo beats lorddvd

Team Japan 1 takes it. There was 64 teams with a total pot of 1920 Euros(about $2600). I don't know how the money is split though. There is still 2 more SF4 tournaments remaining, the Master Series and the solo. I think both finals take place tomorrow.

DryEyeRelief said:
What is the difference?

How they're set up and the prize(s). The Solo is just like regular tourney you see in the US. A ton of people enter(capped at 256) and put money into the pot, and it's split up a certain way I guess. The Master series has qualifiers and specific prizes.

The qualifiers have already been decided and the 8 are Daigo, Fuudo, Eita, Ryan Hart, Alioune, Evans, Dieminion and Yamazaki93. The winner gets a plane ticket to Evo and a secret prize that will of course remain secret until the winner has been decided.

Pandaman said:
are the french tourneys not being streamed?

Nope, but they are recording matches. Most likely just the top 8 or whatever though. The page below already has some matches from the Masters Series, or you can go find them on youtube instead

http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-43439-world-game-cup-2010-1eres-videos.html

TimeKillr

Threi said:
you better shout out your fellow (neogaf) canadians

who plays bison

and has a duck as an avatar

just sayin

LOL I will :)

There's a bunch of guys coming from Toronto as well. Should be pretty big!

V_Arnold

Toss me an invite, if you want to play with me now, a bit above the mediocre Viper here, Hungary (good connection to most of the other eu-gaffers..)

Gamertag: Oldern

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Threi said:
you better shout out your fellow (neogaf) canadians

who plays bison

and has a duck as an avatar

just sayin

i play viper and the duck is merely on top of my head

...oh you mean yooouuu.

GGs Adam Prime

I'll admit my Ryu/Ken aren't the best, but I hope I helped you out with that matchup. Hit me up anytime for matches. Your cr.lk strings were air tight

Threi

notag
I hope you people were watching the FADC stream...holy shit at that abel player ripping shine a new one...almost makes me want to pick him up again

Rocwell

Tiger uppercut said:
i doubt capcom japan will budge, but i signed it any way.

do you hear us n3ss? SSFIV on MLG.
The Street Fighter IP is property of Capcom USA, but who knows what the bigwigs there want to do with the game. I signed it too, help your favorite SF pros get dat Fight Moneeeeey!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Godsgarden was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!

And omg got to meet tons of people too, good ish! I got a hug from Choco too :D

And a SSFIV TE stick for winning my tournament, woot!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Oichi said:

*fist bump* Glad you had a blast man. We were laughing our asses off from the awesome commentary. Ameri-ken! :lol
Congrats on the TE stick and your tourney btw.

Mœbius

I'm guessing a bunch of people watched the Gods Garden II stream, saw the results, and decided to give Akuma a try, because I encountered more tonight than I ever have before. :lol

pirateben said:
I'm guessing a bunch of people watched the Gods Garden II stream, saw the results, and decided to give Akuma a try, because I encountered more tonight than I ever have before. :lol
Yeah, I noticed a massive enflux of scrubby Akuma's today. It had my Rawg licking his chops!

AZ Greg

TaKeRx said:
GG's AZ Greg. great Dhalsim and that vega gets me mad, lol.

GGs.

I'm still at a loss for how to approach the Sim/Rog match. :( Thanks for putting up with all the beatings you gave me. It was good EXP. And sorry about only picking Vega once. It's hard to go from Sim to other characters. I'll pick him more next time we play so you can get your revenge.

@ Black_V: Yeah, I really only frequent the SF threads and the NFL threads. Lets you fly under the radar. Plus, the SF and NFL threads are frequented by some of the more chill mods.

Congrats on the win Oichi!

Reno, congrats on winning your newcomer tournament.

Gods Garden from what I saw (the loser's bracket) was probably the best stream EVAR in regards to gathering of gdlk players. The Guiles, the Sagats, the Goukis, the Vipers, The Tyson Boxer, Kens, etc.

This game is still so awesome a year later. I'm going online now to celebrate my love (tries to stay away from AZ Greg and his Dhalsim).

TimeKillr

I noticed some gaffers (Black_Vegeta and threi) coming into the stream for our local tournament.

Thanks for dropping by guys. I know we're not FADC, but hey.

The guys will be posting the HD videos of the tournament soon - I highly recommend you guys watch the finals. It was completely insane and featured our local top tier Chun versus a Seth from Ontario.

Seriously, shit was dope. :)

GGs, AZ Greg. I was hoping to avoid you since the last time we played was the last time I played. You mauled me again 10-2 (though some of them were close). I'm starting to get familiar with the shenanigans. It probably doesn't help to use alien characters though.

I like that little combo with the ultra then super.

I went on PSN afterward, and it was dead in the GAFchat room. Probably have to go during the week.

Rentahamster said:
What'd you get banned for?

(I hate not having search)
I won't go into the whole back story but I guess Blackace didn't apprectiate me bringing some saltynass to the MLB: The Show thread.

Something told me to keep my mouth shut. I'm just glad to be back with dat GAF fam!!

GG's AZ Greg, Sim-Gief matches are always brutal. Unfortunately for me, I was learning how to use a stick while we were playing, putting my execution in the shitter; I was so pissed at all the random input mistakes that were happening. I probably upset a lot of the people on my hall with rage noises :lol I guess playing good people in hard matchups and taking the stick plunge don't mix too well. GG's again though, I'll have to play you again once I've got a better handle on the stick.

zlatko

Banned
Axelhortsemchi said:
GG's AZ Greg, Sim-Gief matches are always brutal. Unfortunately for me, I was learning how to use a stick while we were playing, putting my execution in the shitter; I was so pissed at all the random input mistakes that were happening. I probably upset a lot of the people on my hall with rage noises :lol I guess playing good people in hard matchups and taking the stick plunge don't mix too well. GG's again though, I'll have to play you again once I've got a better handle on the stick.

I know how you feel. I just got a stick myself and I whiff some of the easiest things. It also bothers the crap out of me that for the life of me I can't naturally do a dash forward in any of the fighting games. It literally feels like I'm fighting against the stick if I wanna move forward fast lol.

It's weird that I can't always get a fireball off either. Maybe stick just isn't for me and I should stick with pad?

snack

Oichi said:

Congrats!

Top Bottom